Veterans United Home Loans

Veterans United Home Loans Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing place to work that anyone would be proud to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 7, 2016
It was a really good laid back place to work. The supervisors were amazing and always around to help with problems in and out of the office.
VU review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 3, 2016
Fantastic job and I miss the family-oriented environment that VU promoted. They help you be successful and further your professional career.
Amazing Company. Amazing Software Services department
Applications Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 15, 2016
The Software Services department is a dream for developers to work for. They are constantly pushing forward with best practices and ways to improve the lives of the developers and the environment they work in.
Pros
Having a company that cares about you
Cons
Hard to find a better company to work for
A day in the life
Senior Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 21, 2015
Fantastic upwardly mobile company who has a heart for people. They are standard bearers for the mortgage industry and companies in general should model their businesses after Veterans United.
Fun and rewarding place to work with a good culture.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 18, 2015
Very fun place to work as they have a great culture and it is like family. They have many options available to help you grow both personally and professionally. Excellent benefits and very understanding managers. There can be office politics at times but that is to be expected with a growing company.
Pros
Culture, Casual dress code, free lunches, give back to community
Cons
Can tend to scare people with pushing numbers and values.
Great Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 23, 2015
Great company, wonderful people, WONDERFUL executives and management. This company truly cares for their employees.
Awesome place
Pipeline Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 29, 2015
VUHL has a great personality and treats its employees great. I only left the company because I wanted to leave the state and there wasn't many jobs for growth outside of the two main corporate offices. If I could work there again, I would do so in a heartbeat. Best 2 1/2 years of my life for sure.
Excellent work culture
Web Analyst and Paid Search Strategist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 4, 2014
I interned in their online marketing department and enjoyed their fun work culture.
Fun place to work, with passionate professionals
Home Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 1, 2014
As a consultant I assist veterans rebuild their credit and financial behaviors in order to acquire pre-qualification and pre-approval after they're initially denied due to poor credit. I maintain over 200 active clients with individualized plans to strengthen their applications and financial behaviors, whom I speak with on a bi-weekly basis.
Veterans United has very good benefits, including:
• A lot of paid time off
• Great insurance and health benefits
• The people who work there are fantastic individuals with good attitudes and great heads on their shoulders
• A lot of company events with free food, great entertainment, and they allow family of employees to come often
Pros
free lunches, free snacks, tons of paid time off, great co-workers
Cons
a lot of pressure, constantly changing regulations, less room for advancement
People friendly
VA/FHA Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 13, 2014
relaxed place to work. Great people work there. Fast place and heavy workload
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no stability
Great place to work.
Director of Outreach / Content Marketing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 30, 2013
Couldn't ask for a better company to work for in mid-Missouri. Top notch at what they do.
Pros
free lunches on monday, free massages on friday.
Cons
middle management struggles to understand leadership. senior leadership is amazing.
Overrated
Licensed Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 12, 2013
Company is somewhat overrated. Where the stated values are ideal they are not really carried out. Work-life balance is I would say rarely achieved as most have to work extra hours to stay ahead. Company suffers from Favoritism and Nepotism within the company and from management. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE unless you know someone who is higher up in the company or provides you some assurance of job security. I have seen good employees let go for so call issues that others who are either good friends or family members have been guilty of but yet retain there jobs. The company may one day face litigation for unfair practices. Its my belief the owners of the company are as good as they come however may be out of touch with how their selected Managers and how they handle their position and do so with their own agenda as opposed to how the owners may want their employees treated including hiring, retention and dismissal practices.
Pros
great people to work along side for the most part. casual dress.
Cons
production/sales management, stress, work-life balance, favoritism, nepotism
Life Changing
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 29, 2013
Veterans United was my second "home". I spent a great deal of time there and was ok with it. It didn't feel like "work" when I was there, it was a "way of life". You could say, I enjoyed every moment there. Everyday was a different experience with each borrower I spoke with. Not only did we spend our days helping those that are serving currently and those that had served in the past, we went out and served those at many charity events. Getting to know them on a personal level were some of the most memorable experiences I have ever had.
Great company
Production Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 31, 2013
Company/Management:

This company is filled with great people who all hold the the values of enhancing lives, being passionate, and delivering results on a daily basis. The management within the company as a whole is great. They expect great results but allow for fun at the same time. The truly believe in a work hard, play hard environment.

Tasks/Responsibilities:

A typical day as an intern consisted of a variety of responsibilities. Some of the main tasks were creating new business for the company by calling leads, using selling skills to encourage borrowers to take insurance quotes, and checking in RESPA packages. The hardest part of the job initially was learning all the guidelines for the VA loan. Veterans United gives their employees all the tools they need in order to succeed, however.
Pros
free vending machines/drinks, catered lunches, company events, high expectations
Excellent part-time job to use my people skills and expertise
Northeast Kansas Local Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 12, 2013
As the northeast Kansas local rep for Veterans United Home Loans, I was able to help active and retired veterans with the pre-approval paperwork for their home loan process. I worked part-time from my home, traveling to appointments to meet with vets. I enjoyed meeting with these individuals, being able to answer their questions and help make their home ownership possible.
Pros
company car, incentives for successful, completed appointments
Cons
travel in bad weather, individuals who didn't keep their appointments

4.6