Veterans United Home Loans Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great place to work and grow
Sr. Loan Officer NMLS #1127011 (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 26, 2017
Good compensation, support, and team environment. Would recommend to anyone looking to get started or grow in the mortgage industry. Steep learning curve is worth it!
I love this place
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 24, 2017
It's a great place to work, great people. Great culture. Amazing benefits, food catered all the time. There is soda machines and snacks and Kaldi's coffee for free.
Pros
culture
Cons
inexperience
veterans united
Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 31, 2017
Stressful, high pace work environment. The people were young and great to get along with. Great amenities (barista, free food, great pay, free gym membership, free healthcare, great benefits).
Great overall company. Middle management needs work.
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 27, 2017
The culture and overall ethics of the company is great.The issue of under trained middle management has led to an issue of nepotism and favoritism in some of the departments.
Hard working but culture oriented company environment
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 21, 2017
You'll work hard, but play hard. Many company events, great benefits, free monthly massages, and free snacks and soda in the kitchen. Many team leads and supervisors are very life balance oriented and will ensure your hours and experience creates a positive life balance. They will help you move throughout the company if you are a dedicated employee who lives VU's values- if you are a fit, they want you to stay with the company and fulfill your goals at the same time. I will say, they need to work on their management structure on the production side of the company, as certain positions are in charge of employees and their salaries but are not given managerial training. The employees are a bit cut off from the rest of the VU structure as a result, as their culture and structure are determined by their direct boss.
Pros
Work/life balance, great values, company benefits
Cons
Structural issues within certain areas of the company
Great!
Account Manager II | Jul (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 20, 2017
Wonderful! A typical day is managing my pipeline while working closely and as a team with my LO's, TC's, and UW's. I have worked in two different offices and have always felt I was a part of a family. We all have the common goal of getting Veterans into homes!
Review
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 19, 2017
Veterans United Home Loans creates a fun atmosphere while helping veterans get into homes. They strive to give back to the community through the Veterans United Foundation. A good work/ life balance is highly encouraged. The competitive atmosphere incentivizes you to work hard and have fun at the same time. Our values are: Be Passionate, Have Fun, Enhance Lives and we live it every day.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule, opportunities for advancement
VU was a fantastic employer. From culture, to activities, to work, and play, VU is the real deal!
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 13, 2017
Veterans United was and continues to be a top-tier employer. The amenities and the work environment are second to none. Values are extremely important too both customers and employees alike. You could and would expect to have conversations with everyone in the building from the CEO to the custodial engineers and all were just as happy and proud to be employed by one of the best employers inthe country.
Pros
Lots of T-Shirts, complimentary lunches, vending machines that do not accept money, small groups, and fun activities
Cons
They do not have a location where my family relocated to.
fun place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 7, 2017
Only worked here for two months. Loved the people and company, but the VU was not the right fit for me and my personality and desires. I was, essentially, a telemarketer.
Pros
fun people and culture
Cons
on the phone
Great Culture Overall
VA/LAPP/SAR Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 10, 2016
Great culture but could use some work in the area of direct managers. Overall its a great company with minimal advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Medical Insurance horrible
Fast growth oriented company with great benefits
Internal Auditor Specalist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 12, 2016
- 8am to 4pm. I was in charge of all active files that were submitted to be moved onto processing. I took a 3 hour turn around time and changed the process entirely to make it cut down to a 2 hour time and process 2 times as many files. huge improvements. only person in the company doing what I did.

- I leaned to be quick, think on my toes, and have haste to my work day to improve things down the line for later production associates.

- Management was great for my team, but difficulties in other departments lead to our team taking on extra work that other departments didn't know how to handle properly. this resulted in our team growing quite a bit.

- Some of the greatest people I have had the pleasure working with. we all had the same goals but just different file types.

- Set backs from other departments that would delay our process and force us to get creative with our work load

- My team and the community at veterans united home loans.
Pros
great people, fun environment, and helping out veterans
Cons
minimal breaks, audits causing extra work, poor communication between departments at times.
Amazing place to work that anyone would be proud to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 7, 2016
It was a really good laid back place to work. The supervisors were amazing and always around to help with problems in and out of the office.
VU review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 3, 2016
Fantastic job and I miss the family-oriented environment that VU promoted. They help you be successful and further your professional career.
Amazing Company. Amazing Software Services department
Applications Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 15, 2016
The Software Services department is a dream for developers to work for. They are constantly pushing forward with best practices and ways to improve the lives of the developers and the environment they work in.
Pros
Having a company that cares about you
Cons
Hard to find a better company to work for
A day in the life
Senior Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 21, 2015
Fantastic upwardly mobile company who has a heart for people. They are standard bearers for the mortgage industry and companies in general should model their businesses after Veterans United.
Fun and rewarding place to work with a good culture.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 18, 2015
Very fun place to work as they have a great culture and it is like family. They have many options available to help you grow both personally and professionally. Excellent benefits and very understanding managers. There can be office politics at times but that is to be expected with a growing company.
Pros
Culture, Casual dress code, free lunches, give back to community
Cons
Can tend to scare people with pushing numbers and values.
Great Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 23, 2015
Great company, wonderful people, WONDERFUL executives and management. This company truly cares for their employees.
Awesome place
Pipeline Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 29, 2015
VUHL has a great personality and treats its employees great. I only left the company because I wanted to leave the state and there wasn't many jobs for growth outside of the two main corporate offices. If I could work there again, I would do so in a heartbeat. Best 2 1/2 years of my life for sure.
Excellent work culture
Web Analyst and Paid Search Strategist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 4, 2014
I interned in their online marketing department and enjoyed their fun work culture.
Fun place to work, with passionate professionals
Home Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 1, 2014
As a consultant I assist veterans rebuild their credit and financial behaviors in order to acquire pre-qualification and pre-approval after they're initially denied due to poor credit. I maintain over 200 active clients with individualized plans to strengthen their applications and financial behaviors, whom I speak with on a bi-weekly basis.
Veterans United has very good benefits, including:
• A lot of paid time off
• Great insurance and health benefits
• The people who work there are fantastic individuals with good attitudes and great heads on their shoulders
• A lot of company events with free food, great entertainment, and they allow family of employees to come often
Pros
Free lunches, free snacks, tons of paid time off, great co-workers
Cons
A lot of pressure, constantly changing regulations, less room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veterans United Home Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6