Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center of NM Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A good family to be a part of
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2017
While I hope to find a job that pays me a little more (emergency clinics are a lot more intensive and critical when it comes to the front desk), I have happily been here for two years and honestly would not leave if I did not live on my own and need the extra income. I am getting paid more here than I have at any previous job, however rent is a lot and I owe many other bills that make it difficult to stay afloat.
Pros
Paid time off, good management, benefits, and flexible hours.
Cons
stressful, fast paced, CSRs sometimes work alone, bad area of town
Very Stressful
Vet tech (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 2, 2016
There is a reason why VESCNM has openings year-round...

Management is very poor at performing their duties. Favoritism is a big issue here. If you're not in good favor with the right people you will be stuck working all the holidays. They are a 24/7 practice. No holidays off and vacation is hard to come by. You can forget being sick. If you are just vomiting or have something simple that requires rest mgmt does not care; you have to get a doctor's note. They do not pay well enough to get good insurance.

Most of the time the patient/tech ratio was out of control. Many times patients would go for a long period of time without adequate care due to it being so busy. It was very frustrating knowing a patient sat in their feces or urine because you couldn't get to them in time. On top of emergency patients you are required to care for surgical patients or any other animals there. It gets very overwhelming.

I would recommend staying far away from this place. There are many hospitals that will offer more pay and treat you better.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, poor management, high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center of NM. Our community is ready to answer.

Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center of NM Reviews by Job Title