Our 2 doctor, surgery-only practice is growing and we are seeking an experienced candidate to compliment our professional and compassionate team of highly motivated animal care specialists. The ideal applicant should possess good communication skills, be motivated and detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Provide excellent patient care
- TPR’s, patient rounds and reviews
- Patient record keeping/updates
- Surgery and Anesthesia protocols
- Medication prep and administration
- OR prep
- Radiographs, blood draws, bandage changes
- Relieve Appointment Technician, Overnight Technician, Reception
- Prep Overnight Technician
- Surgery Admit
- Veterinary technician certification or license
- Possesses good communication and approaches his/her job duties in a professional and mature nature
- Ability to work with small animals in a safe and caring manner for both patient and employees
- Associates or bachelors degree from an accredited Vet Tech program
- Familiarity with surgical equipment operations and practice management software
- Work requires lifting and carrying animals over 40 lbs. Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position. Can stay calm and efficient during a medical emergency.
- Ability to Work with a flexible schedule including evenings and possibly weekends. Please note this position may require Candidate to work overtime or extend shifts from time to time due to unforeseen emergencies and complicated procedures.
Our practice is open Monday through Friday except for holidays however this position requires a flexible schedule including the occasional evening/night shift (weekdays only). Applicants should anticipate working one or two swing shifts which may last longer than scheduled due to case needs.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes full health and dental care, profit sharing, paid time-off, CE allowance, uniforms, retirement program, pet care discounts and more.
Please forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements.