Vets First Choice Employee Reviews

Amazing Organization that is Growing Fast
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Portland, maineAugust 15, 2017
VFC is a great company that really cares about its employees and is dedicated to it's mission/vision in the veterinary space. Lots of room for advancement and your ideas matter when working here. it is fast paced here but its that pace that got the company to where it is at today.
Pros
21 days of PTO, Stock Options, Bring your dog to work, the culture and the people.
Great place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 12, 2017
Vets First Choice is a great place to work at if you want to work for a company that has good morals. Can be stressful but for the most part, it is worth it.
Not as good as it may seem
Pet owner loyalty team (Former Employee) –  Wamego, KSJuly 26, 2016
Time and time again I have seen complete disrespect of employees and favoritism. Women especially those that are pregnant and have young children are given priority in everything with a complete disregard for everyone else and what they were hired to do. When someone goes on maternity leave or is even pregnant they get to choose their shifts because of "class" and everyone else is forced into working undesirable hours.
On top of this there is a lack of organization and planning on managements behalf. They are nice people over all and not terrible to work with but when the going gets tough things fall apart. Over all a decent job but lackluster and not a lifelong career if you want to really be happy or progress.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, good PTO, free snacks
Cons
Short lunch breaks, lack of respect for employees time, bias and favoritism.
Great experience
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 17, 2016
I had a great experience working for this fast growing company. I was hired as a contractor who worked in-house and from home. I loved going there in-house because it never felt like a job.
Pros
Great atmosphere, awesome coworkers, free lunches, fruit basket, donut Fridays, british guy
Cons
Air conditioning never seemed to shut off
I loved my job
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Wamego, KSMay 2, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for, they take very good care of their employees and have an overall excellent work ethic. I truly wish that I could continue to work for them as a remote agent after I move, but that position had already been filled.
Pros
free meals, great pay, wonderful coworkers.
Great job if you are a 20 something and don't know any better
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 26, 2016
The actual company offers a great product and service to the vet industry, but the office itself and it's employees... that's another story.

Imagine going back to high school and sitting in a rowdy art class trying to get your complicated math homework done. That's exactly what this office is like. There is absolutely no privacy, no quiet space and with all the people and pets running around it's like working at a circus. Not to mention the petty and childish way in which others treat you - again just like high school.

My biggest complaint is the absolute lack of management from the top down. There is no ownership of who needs to do what, no direction and very limited actual management or structure. Combine that with the lack of training and it's a complete disaster.
Pros
Donuts on Friday
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Structure, Limited upward mobility, Poor office environment
Worst management I've ever seen!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MaineOctober 22, 2015
They were terrible! Did NOT train properly! Set Unrealistic goals! Micromanagement in the worst way! I was put in a No-Win situation. They gave me 60 days to sell my house & move 500 miles north to Maine, where the job market is not strong...After the company paid to RELOCATE my family they FIRED ME 2 days later! I just got killed on my house, bought a new one. We have a young family! Common! That's no way to treat people...
Pros
You can have a dog in the office.
Cons
Everything else.
Good job
Pet Owner Loyalty Team (Current Employee) –  Wamego, KSMay 1, 2015
This is a great job, especially if looking for work in health care. If you are going to school or starting off as a nurse, there is plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
only work 3 days a week
Cons
Poorly managed and your job responsibilities changed daily.
Practice Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 11, 2014
Overall this company is poorly managed. When they purchased my former employer the transition was poorly managed and there were a lot of hassle. After the transition the staff was lied to and half of us were laid off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vets First Choice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8