VF Corporation

VF Corporation Employer Reviews

Company was good, staff, not so good.
Packaging Coordinator (Former Employee), Reidsville, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: no separation of duties and responsibilities
This company was good with its workers. I made production weekly and felt very appreciated by the managers. I enjoyed going to work everyday as long as there were no problems with quality control staff. I packaged children's clothes in boxes, preparing them for shipping. The boxes then went on a belt to QC area. Often the orders were incorrect due to the boxes falling off the belt. The packager was held responsible.
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 15, 2015
too much gossipers especially the older women who worked there. worked each employee way too hard, and pay is regular associate pay.
EDI Analyst (Former Employee), North CarloinaJanuary 14, 2015
I am familiar with Purchase order(850) , Invoice(810) and Advance Shipment Notice(856) EDI documents, EDI standards like ANSI X12 Version (4010, 5010) and EDI transmission protocols like AS2, Inovis and VAN. I have also performed the following
Ø Monitoring errors reports and Fixing production batch job failures.
Ø Providing solution to customer queries, also supporting Translator tool.
Ø Performing Translator map changes according to the requirements of customers.
Ø Adding New trading Partners to enable Electronic Business Document transfer.
Ø Implementing new business documents electronically for Trading Partners.
Productive and Caring Place to Work
Production Specialist-Operations (Current Employee), Nashville, TennesseeJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: encouragement, job security
Cons: advancement, learning opportunities
This company has been the only place that I have worked that truly cares about your family. They want you to take care of yourself, family, and others.

In a typical day, you can workout your own pace, which allows for production and complete your tasks in a timely manner. Your managers allow you work without hovering over you, which provides for relaxed culture were you can build relationships with co-workers and upper management.

The hardest part of my job is with all these distractions, it causes some times where completing daily tasks become difficult, but it is all about your personal time management.
A bad company to work for
Group Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Too many changes one day your told to do one thing next day you have to change your schedule because not enough work for eight hours We had two fifteen minute breaks. Never knew what your schedule was going to be a lot of the time some times 6 hrs a day sometimes 8 hrs sometimes 10 hrs.
Great place to work for
Picker/forklift opt (Former Employee), seminoleJanuary 6, 2015
Great place to work for. Nice people good hours, and the pay was very good.
ILEARNT HOW TO KEEP INVENTORY AND QUALITY IN ORDER
Head Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilson, NCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: learning and having a job.
Cons: not really knowing from day to day what will be next.
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS CHECKING TO BE SURE INVENTORY IS CORRECT, CHECK TO SEE HOW MANY TRUCKS ARE GOING OUT, ALLOCATE ORDERS, CALL LTL DRIVERS FOR PICK UPS . EACH DAY I LEARNT ABOUT COMPUTERS.DEALING WITH PEOPLE. LEARNT HOW TO LISTEN AND COME UP WITH THE BEST SOLUTION . THE HARDEST PART IS SOMETIME I MAY HAVE A DRIVER THAT HAVE HAD A BAD DAY ALL DAY AND COME TO ME IMPATIENCE , . WORKING WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE VERY ENJOYABLE.
good selling experience
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Monroeville, ALDecember 24, 2014
a typical day is discussing the products we have and how prices compare to other brands. I learned a lot about people and selling. management didn't do what they said they would do but overall a good starting step in the sales industry. got along very well with all my co-workers. hardest part was being cussed at by shoplifters. most enjoyable was getting great customer service ratings.
A big retail store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXDecember 18, 2014
I used to help the team leaders stock the floor with merchandise and work the customer service desk, answering phone calls, ringing customers up, and processing return transactions.
My Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Reading, PADecember 16, 2014
Pros: discounts, holiday lunches, good environment
When I first started working for the Vf Outlet I had no experience with costumer service as my first job the experience was awesome. Everyone taught exactly what I needed to know to be a great sales associate.
productive and fun place to work
order picking/ packing / shipping / replinisher (Former Employee), Visalia, CADecember 16, 2014
fun place to work at i enjoyed the environment lots of benefits managers and supervisors are good people learned lots of duties and how to work with devices for orders to be pulled and picked. good job overall i give this place a 8 or nine from a 10 scale.
Productive and Learn More
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), United StateDecember 12, 2014
Dedicated Customer Service Representative motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to company success. I am also looking to expand my knowledge to better myself within the company & move up to the next level.
Wonderful customer service
Sales/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Byron, gaNovember 21, 2014
Nice and inviting environment to work in. I really enjoyed working here and coming encounter with the customers
Good benifits and bonuses
Assistant Store Manager of Operations (Current Employee), Burbank, OHNovember 18, 2014
Pros: fun comittee, bonuses, benefits, family feel, customer diversersity
Cons: sometimes the family atmosphere is too much.
Learn many styles of jeans exist stocking and straightening the salesfloor is a must. Managers won't ask you to do what they won't do. I love to work with the different customers and get to know the regulars.
Excellent workplace with excellent benefits!
Wet Processing Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 31, 2014
I was a Wet-Processing Technician at one time and a Logistics Specialist at another time. Great company with opportunities for advancement. Excellent supervisors and great benefits.
Fun and friendly environment to work in on a daily basis
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 25, 2014
A typical work day consists of cleaning and working on projects assigned by management, helping others whether it’s a manager, associate, or customer. This includes the registers, sales floor, and managing the fitting room area. Train new employees and multi-task with all of the above.

What I learned is that everyone there is very helpful, knowledgeable, and are willing to further educate employees so there are advancement opportunities.

Management is great. The managers at VF Outlet are outstanding, helpful, and just great for anyone that wants to know anything about the corporation or the store in general. They are open to listen to suggestions and will advise its associates so that they make reasonable decisions.

The hardest part of the job is learning the exchanges and returns on the register because it takes some time to learn it, but eventually it becomes easy.

The most enjoyable part of this job is walking out at the end of your shift knowing that you helped someone with something and everything else about the job.
I like working with the people.
Cashier/Stock person (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: pay
I enjoyed the other workers. We all worked together! We all did our job and that helped everyone. The hours were doable for a parttime position.
Respectful company with great benefits
Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Answering calls and emails from consumers.

I have learned great customer service skills, manufacturing and credit worthiness of accounts.

Management as with all companies there are different types. Encouragers and intimidators.

Co-workers can be like family, teammates or troublemakers.

The hardest part of the job was being cursed at by consumers.

The best part about the job was being able to help someone with a problem or locate a particular item.
Long hours and alot of pointing fingers.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Visalia, CASeptember 5, 2014
Great work experience. Not a place you get hired at right away. A lot of temp jobs open up but that's all you are. A lot of upper management puts the blame on the lower employees, Not a lot of communication between everyone.
Best employer and got to wear Jeans every day to work,
Sourcing Contract Rep, Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 30, 2014
VF Jeanswear - Greensboro, NC Aug 1999 – Aug 2000
Sourcing Contract Rep - I was the representative working with international contractors to meet production deadlines on Jeanswear production per contracts. Daily verification of product cut/finish line sheets and shipments to the production schedule and update excel spreadsheets. Weekly department production meeting updating management on style line completion, & expected ETA to distributing centers.
Administrative Secretary - - Greensboro, NC Aug 2000 – Dec 2005
I was administrative support to Director and management team for Patterns, Marker Services, and Prototype Sewing/Pilot Plant. Match, batch and code departmental invoices. Verified employee time sheet for managers approvals, sent to payroll processing. Assigned and trained as a P-Card holder for purchasing non-capital equipment, parts and all supplies for directors departments.

1 2 3 4 5

About VF Corporation

The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion – Read more

VF Corporation Photos