VF Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive, fun environment
Associate-Retail Service (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Always busy, customer interaction, proper break amounts
Cons: None
A typical day at work was organize stock room and work on delivered shipments. Clean show floor, organize and fix racks, load product on shelves, walls, etc.. I learned to understand retail customers more. Likes, dislikes. Attitudes, proper service, service with a smile. Management was very flexible and understanding. As well as supportive in every aspect. Always had an open door policy. My co-workers were friendly and made the day go by as fast and easy as possible. Always encouraging to help one way or another. The hardest part of the job was sorting the stock room at times. A lot of times I was by myself, but it was fun and time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and interacting with the customers. Helping them find and understand what they are looking for with their purchase.
Productive and fun work place
Cash Adjustment Clerk (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2015
VF Corporation is a great company to work for. They have supportive management, that is willing to help out in any way possible to make your job easier. They care a lot about your overall growth and development.
Great Benefits
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Siloed environment
Not a happy environment and one of the best benefits when I started work (cafeteria) was eliminated. Some of the co-workers were great, but others were snobbish.
Terrible place to work
Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee), Rehoboth Beach,DEJuly 28, 2015
Pros: 20% off discount
Cons: Management, Pay
Been here for a year. Poor management. Only care about themselves and what makes them look good for the DM. Very low pay for what you have do and have to put up with. They will build you up and tell you there are promotion opportunities but they will hire someone from the outside before they promote you.
horrible place to work!!
sales (Former Employee), Boise, idJuly 24, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: long hours, minimal pay, bad management
Management is unprofessional. They treat women awful and will pay men more. There is little to no staff so stores get ripped off and that affects your pay. Harassment and lots of drug use/talk. They will not appreciate you but will use you.
great environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), BransonJuly 22, 2015
i loved working here because everyone was friendly and it gave me a chance to come out of my comfort zone. it is a great environment to work in. the management is really nice, i enjoyed helping people every day
Great place where people are valued over their products
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Former Employee), Alameda, CAJuly 22, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management, Not all about the numbers, very health oriented and proactive in the use of their products and the people
Never work there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEJuly 19, 2015
Pros: 20% off everything
Cons: Management, pay, complete favoritism
I worked there for one year and a half. I liked it at first but slowly started hating it. The management only cared about themselves. The management always talked about other employees. The pay was not worth all the work you had to do. The only good thing was my co workers and benefits. Would definitely NOT recommend anyone to work there!
awesome
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 10, 2015
This job was amazing and loved every single part or it , the work, the breaks, the manages,as well as the environment to. this job was great
A fun work place where you interact with associates and customers.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Rehoboth, DEJuly 8, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
On a typically work day you are working the fitting rooms. Helping customers with shopping experience and merchandise. Sometimes you are operating a cash register assisting checking out customers merchandise.
I enjoyed my 22 years at Wrangler.
Sewing Technician (Former Employee), Luray, VAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Paid a very fair wage for Page County
Cons: The textile industry in this country is about gone, They still ship the jeans but they are made overseas so I was let go, All the sewing plants in this area closed
I enjoyed my 22 years at Wrangler. I basically learned everything I know about maintenance during my time there. I made friendships there that I treasure to this day. They were fair and honest with me for the vast majority of my time there and that can be rare for a huge corporation in this day and age.
vf
Package Handler (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 26, 2015
a lot of motivated people that seem to me loved there job . I personally liked it my self . handling boxes all day was fine. never had an issue with anyone . just a fast pace job
fun but temporary
line maintainer (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJune 24, 2015
this is a very fun company to work for. they care deeply for how their employees feel at work. however, the work is very unstable, you will work 60 hours on week and only 8 the next, and you only know how many hours you will work that day.
Fast Paced Work Enviornment
Embroidery Operator (Former Employee), Whites Creek, TNJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Fair Management, Wonderful Coworkers
Cons: Production-based
At first this place was not my cup of tea, but as I got into the swing of things I adjusted to working in a production-based environment. My workday would begin by booting up my machines, oiling them and checking the bobbins. I would also look at what orders I had to start the day and get the threads I would need to complete them. I would then mark and hoop the garments and place them on a machine before programming the design into the computer. I loved the people I worked with and we managed to have a lot of fun even though we were working extremely hard to fulfill customer demand.
Very hard work with very poor support structure.
Store Manager (Former Employee), United StatesJune 19, 2015
A company with a good product that has a very poor work environment. They do not provide the support to their managers to be able to develop a suitable team. There is absolutely no work/life balance and no drive from corporate to get one in place.
energetic atmosphere
Customer service / Vault clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJune 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: travel was too far
I loved my job at Frost Bank. I got along very well with my co workers.I enjoyed counting money.the hardest part of the job is if i was out of balance, I had to find discrepancy.
Horrible Job and horrible Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 3, 2015
Cons: little to no hours, disorganization
A typical day at VF outlet consists of a multitude of tasks in so little time. You must be motivated and ready to work. I've learned that if you contribute together as a team, more work can get done. Management taught me most of the things I know. My co-workers are the ones who get me through the day. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with so many requests at once. The most enjoyable part of working at VF is that a family is constantly being made.
Good place to work in some areas.
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Current Employee), Visalia, CAMay 28, 2015
A typical day at VF is where you do pretty much the same thing day by day. Its rare when you do something new there when your set in your department. I learned that at VF its a good job until hours come in. Sometimes of the month we get a lot of work in and work 10 hr days and sometimes in the month we can get called off for 2 whole weeks/weekends. It depends what your labeled as in VF to get more hours. Like for me im a packer where i pack items in there cases and send them off on a conveyer belt to where they get sent to different departments so they can check them to see if there correct.
The – more... management in some departments are good and some are poor.
Some department managers are for the friends/favoritism and some look at the work of the employee. I can definitely tell you my manager is for his friends and the favoritism and don't give people chances, he just rather have his friends. My co-workers in the beginning were all nice at first until i got my years in at VF i can tell they all changed. For minding your own business and trying your best in VF people will always find something to say about you, like in my case. The hardest part of the job is just knowing i have to still work there knowing how my supervisor is and the co-workers. I just wish i can work in a place where everyone gets treated equal and with respect the way i treat others. Honestly the most enjoyable part of the job is when im off. Just wish i can find better soon. – less
Fun & Productive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMay 21, 2015
Pros: Decent breaks, Co-workers, Managers, Fun, Luncheons
A typical day at Vanity Fair depended on what hours one worked. If we worked the morning shift, we were required to dust off all the racks and counters and such, open the dressing rooms, do inventory, count money and open registers, and straighten up the overall store - staying busy all the way up until opening time. When we unlocked the doors, we were required to always have a smile on our faces, be welcoming and courteous to customers, and to assist the customers with any and all needs and concerns they would have. We had to keep ourselves busy straightening the racks or returning unwanted items – more... to their places or asking the customers if they needed assistance or restocking - we were never allowed to just stand around and do nothing. This is the same for every shift, however the evening shift was required to vacuum and clean the store, as well as do the inventory on certain items as a sort of loss prevention method.
While the rules stated above weren't terribly strict or unreasonable, they did make absolutely certain that all employees were being as productive as possible the entire time they were at work, as well as ensured that all company goals and customer needs were being met in a courteous and timely fashion. I know I learned just exactly how much there is to do in a store - even one that isn't very large - to keep yourself occupied and productive and to stave off the boredom.
The management team at vf was absolutely amazing. I loved them all so much. They were always smiling and upbeat, they didn't harp too hard on anyone, and they kept the workplace an enjoyable environment to be in.
My co-workers and I all did our best to emulate the attitudes of our managers, as a way to ensure that work would be an "escape" of sorts from daily life and we would be able to have that one place we could go to enjoy ourselves and still maintain our responsibilities.
The hardest part of working at vf (at first) was simply finding things to do to keep myself occupied during the not-so-busy parts of the day. However, it didn't take me long to pick up on all the little things I could do around the store to be productive and keep myself from being bored.
The most enjoyable part of my job at vf was the crew of team members I worked with everyday. They were a great group of people and they made work one of the best parts of my day. – less
Not a bad place to work
IT Support (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: A large company so you could possibly transfer if needed.
Cons: Hours are long and sometimes makes a personal life difficult.
The hardest part of this job was working the nights and weekends. The schedule was a 12 hour rotating shift and made a personal life difficult. The supervisor did know your name and would acknowledge birthdays and had a certain amount of personal involvement rather than a simple employee versus employer relationship.