VF Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Atrocious
Associate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I personally worked for Kipling, and the vf corporation is disgusting. The management team when dealing with issues off the sales floor is horrible. The equipment like ladders, brooms, cleaning supplies that they provided was dangerous. The ladders were on the verge of breaking, and after making countless complaints, nothing was fixed. I worked so hard to earn a promotion I really wanted, and it was given to someone to who did nothing within store. Needless to say, I left Kipling to go to another job & the person they hired instead of me was fired for doing a poor job. This corporation does not recognize hard work, and does not care about their employees. If ana associate worked for 8 and a half hours, you only received a half hour break. That is illegal. DO NOT WORK HERE. They will work you to the bone. One of the girls I worked with, was working 40 hours a week, and when she applied to be "Full time", which was numerous times, the company faulted her of hours so they wouldn't have to give her benefits. That is ILLEGAL. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING
Dont waste your time!!!
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 31, 2016
It was an ok place to work at at first, until they took away the yearly raises and replaced then with an incentive system. The incentive system is outrageous! They don't care what the quality of the prints look like, just get out as many as you can. That's the only way you can make incentive. They have the screen printing area spit in half. One side runs the company products the other side running specialty product. The company side gets jacked all the time unless you are one of their favorite printers, if not, you get treated poorly and really unfair. The specialty side actually makes the incentive and they do half the work the other side does. They can produce less shirts and make more compared to the other. The best part if they don't like you there, they put you in all the places that they think you will fail at or feel really uncomfortable and pretty much force you to quit or stay and be miserable.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!!!!!
if your ok with staying at the bottom this is the job for you.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MI 48415March 22, 2016
typical day at work consists of normal retail tasks, customer service, cashiering, making sure clothing is stocked. you only afre able to learn what they want you too. there isnt any room for advancement. i tried going after an assistant manager position and management was too scared to approach the district manager about advancement and would let me contact her to express my intrest myself. there isnt a hard part of the job. most enjoyable part was working with customers.
Pros
customers
Cons
no room for advancement, management
Very FUN and Productive workplace!
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Luray, VADecember 18, 2015
I worked for VF Jeanswear for 5 years. My job title was inspection which consisted of inspecting jeans/garments for any defects/flaws in the fabric which would otherwise prevent them from being sold. The management and Co workers were AWESOME! The job was very easy but hard on your hands! I learned Hand/Eye Coordination from this job which helped me with other jobs I've held!
Pros
Great Pay, Bonuses, Raises!
Cons
Hard on the hands
This place is a sweat shop, any place else you'd be making 15.hr.
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 1, 2016
It was a good place for an 8 hour workout, this place makes the high volume of employee turn around work for them, with really no intention to make a temporary employee permanent. I would meet their quotes and more, I was rewarded with being fired, claiming I was only temporary,
Pros
Coworkers, 45 min lunch.
Cons
Paranoid H R people, and management.
Great for a high school student starting out but after high school it's AWFUL.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 9, 2016
I worked for VF for 3 years. Starting out there with no work experience was great because they do openly accept high schoolers looking for their first job. The only good thing I can say about this job is that I made life long friends with my coworkers. As for the managers, that's a whole other story. You could work all night long making sure the store was perfect and you would never hear a thank you. They would make sure they found something wrong with what you've done. I learned a lot while working for VF but the most important thing I learned was how to stand up for myself and realize I deserved better than to work for a company who shows no appreciation, only gives hours to the favorites, and has more drama than your average middle school. You do not get paid near enough to put up with what you are faced with on a day to day basis. I got one raise the whole 3 years I was there not to mention there is absolutely no opportunity to move up in the company. No one should ever have to sit out in their car and dread walking inside because you know nothing good is going to happen that day. My advice is to find another company to work for because VF has a lot of growing up to do.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, occasional paid for activities
Cons
short breaks, drama filled environment, no opportunity to move up, no hours, no appreciation
Great company with exceptional leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 25, 2016
Positive work environment with a passion for results. High integrity across all management levels with a very strong propensity for detailed data analysis. Strong work/life balance and a relentless pursuit of perfection.
Poor leadership and training for Mgrs.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 24, 2016
Was promoted to Store Mgr. and received no training from the DM. Human resources does not offer consistent support. Stores are in very very poor condition and company does not want to spend a dime towards maintenance. Equipment, racks very old and in poor shape, even dangerous for customers and employees.
Pros
20% discount on most items
Cons
Poor training and management
Terrible place to work. Run as fast as you can.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVApril 12, 2016
Was promoted to Assistant Store Mgr. and received no training from the Store Mgr. or DM. Human resources does not offer any support. Stores are in very poor condition and company does not want to spend a dime towards maintenance. Equipment, racks very old and in poor shape, even dangerous for customers and employees. Store Mgr. is very vindictive. Run as fast as you can. Don't waste your time working for them. No support from anyone. Never enough employees on the floor. Huge theft problem and terrible customer service. Very poor quality of merchandise. Low salary for the amount of work they expect and travel time is not worth it. They do not let you go home if a family member gets hurt. No work/life balance.
Pros
None. Terrible place to work.
Cons
No support form Hunman resource.
Best job ever
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 15, 2016
This was the best job ive had since working.The people were great,the management was great.I learned how to inspect products for flaws,use a tacking and pressing machine.The hardest part was the lay off as this job moved overseas.
Pros
great work great insurance
Cons
this company moved overseas
Management needs work
Forklift Operator/ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 18, 2015
My current supervisor is terrible, wants everyone to work hard to accomplish the goals set forth for the day but yet he him self sits at his desk all day playing on his phone. He won't lift a finger to help out with any kind of production and is not and will not get certified and any piece of equipment to help us out.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Bad Supervisors
Fast Paced Work Enviornment
Embroidery Operator (Former Employee) –  Whites Creek, TNJune 21, 2015
At first this place was not my cup of tea, but as I got into the swing of things I adjusted to working in a production-based environment. My workday would begin by booting up my machines, oiling them and checking the bobbins. I would also look at what orders I had to start the day and get the threads I would need to complete them. I would then mark and hoop the garments and place them on a machine before programming the design into the computer. I loved the people I worked with and we managed to have a lot of fun even though we were working extremely hard to fulfill customer demand.
Pros
Great Benefits, Fair Management, Wonderful Coworkers
Cons
Production-based
Talented People
E-Commerce Merchandiser and Buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2016
Great people, challenging work environment. Great place to learn and grow if you are a self starter. Great benefits.Summer Fridays all year long.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 24, 2016
I loved everything about working for vf corporation. the management was amazing, easy job for great pay, and was always appreciated for my work.
Pros
always showed they are appreciated
Cons
short breaks
VF Corporation
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Great company to start your career out with.You will learn a lot in a short amount of time, however, no room for growth from within.
fun workplace
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 13, 2016
i learned to work registers accurately, the managers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was rearranging the store. the people working there were good at what they did and very sweet
Pros
free kunches
Cons
short breaks benefits
Good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 6, 2016
Learned retail from an outlet perspective.
Company is going through new polices/procedures
Opportunity with competitive wages (sales staff)
Company will continue to move in the right direction
Productive, fun environment
Associate-Retail Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work was organize stock room and work on delivered shipments. Clean show floor, organize and fix racks, load product on shelves, walls, etc.. I learned to understand retail customers more. Likes, dislikes. Attitudes, proper service, service with a smile. Management was very flexible and understanding. As well as supportive in every aspect. Always had an open door policy. My co-workers were friendly and made the day go by as fast and easy as possible. Always encouraging to help one way or another. The hardest part of the job was sorting the stock room at times. A lot of times I was by myself, but it was fun and time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and interacting with the customers. Helping them find and understand what they are looking for with their purchase.
Pros
Always busy, customer interaction, proper break amounts
Terrible place to work
Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach,DEJuly 28, 2015
Been here for a year. Poor management. Only care about themselves and what makes them look good for the DM. Very low pay for what you have do and have to put up with. They will build you up and tell you there are promotion opportunities but they will hire someone from the outside before they promote you.
Pros
20% off discount
Cons
Management, Pay
Never work there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJuly 19, 2015
I worked there for one year and a half. I liked it at first but slowly started hating it. The management only cared about themselves. The management always talked about other employees. The pay was not worth all the work you had to do. The only good thing was my co workers and benefits. Would definitely NOT recommend anyone to work there!
Pros
20% off everything
Cons
Management, pay, complete favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VF Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.