VF Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Fun at VF Outlet
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJune 3, 2016
I greet and ring up customers, ask to join our VIP rewards program, ask if then need other items that they might have forgot.

I learned that working on a team is very rewarding, and our management team works to accommodate their employees to the best of their abilities.

Our co-workers are friendly staff and very helpful with others.

The hardest part of my job is trying to get customers to join our VIP reward program, other then that it is very straight forward.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people with their shopping needs and reorganizing the front end.

It is a fun place to work.
Pros
We get insentives on our VIP volume: like ice cream parties.
Cons
More money
overall A good way to learn skills in the retail industry
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 18, 2016
during the week things are rather dead, and we work on projects and freight. the weekends are fast paced and a little hectic at times, a lot of employees leave after their first weekend. but this is mostly because the fact that this store is located in a popular tourist attraction near DFW Airport. so there's lots of travelers and language barriers to get through
Excellent Retail Education, and company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  USJune 17, 2016
Great company, great training, management actually listens to employees and want to make company great from within. But there was a lack of opportunity for store management in outlets for promotion of managers, next level.
Pros
Benefits, competitive salary, people
Cons
More with less as most retail, seeding payroll for growth, advancement
Terrible place to work. Run as fast as you can.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVApril 12, 2016
Was promoted to Assistant Store Mgr. and received no training from the Store Mgr. or DM. Human resources does not offer any support. Stores are in very poor condition and company does not want to spend a dime towards maintenance. Equipment, racks very old and in poor shape, even dangerous for customers and employees. Store Mgr. is very vindictive. Run as fast as you can. Don't waste your time working for them. No support from anyone. Never enough employees on the floor. Huge theft problem and terrible customer service. Very poor quality of merchandise. Low salary for the amount of work they expect and travel time is not worth it. They do not let you go home if a family member gets hurt. No work/life balance.
Pros
None. Terrible place to work.
Cons
No support form Hunman resource.
Great for a quick job and out soon.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 16, 2016
Management team is horrible, store manager plays favorite and you basically have to butter them up to get hours. Doesn't even gives raise. I've been working there for two years. I haven't got a raise since then. Everyone has except me. They use and abuse you.
Pros
Great to make friends
Cons
Everything, hardly get hours. Ridiculously slow.
great place to work, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, OHMay 3, 2016
Its kind of boring on weekdays because if there isn't any shipment in then you just have to help the few customers that come through and continually straighten the store (even if everything is perfect, you still have to continue to do something). The coworkers I had were all very nice and helpful. it was great working with them. however, management was absolutely terrible. If you did one thing wrong, you could not make anymore mistakes or else you'd get a strike against you. There was one assistant manager that was very much liked and she treated everyone like a person, she was definitely a leader that most looked up to. However the manager and other assistant manager were passive aggressive and liked to gossip about coworkers to other coworkers.
Pros
good pay, nice incentives and discount
Cons
management, not a lot to do
if your ok with staying at the bottom this is the job for you.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MI 48415March 22, 2016
typical day at work consists of normal retail tasks, customer service, cashiering, making sure clothing is stocked. you only afre able to learn what they want you too. there isnt any room for advancement. i tried going after an assistant manager position and management was too scared to approach the district manager about advancement and would let me contact her to express my intrest myself. there isnt a hard part of the job. most enjoyable part was working with customers.
Pros
customers
Cons
no room for advancement, management
horrible
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 16, 2016
managers and supervisors dont care about their employees, they literally use profanity, ive seen them throw boxes that werent labeled correctly and the person responsible. 35 cents per year raise are you kidding me they are on the makers of the major league baseball uniforms and other attire.
Pros
Cons
the company itself
Poor leadership and training for Mgrs.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 24, 2016
Was promoted to Store Mgr. and received no training from the DM. Human resources does not offer consistent support. Stores are in very very poor condition and company does not want to spend a dime towards maintenance. Equipment, racks very old and in poor shape, even dangerous for customers and employees.
Pros
20% discount on most items
Cons
Poor training and management
Fun Place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJune 22, 2016
Management is top of the line, they are willing to listing to your needs and concerns. I will help reach your goal.

The staff is friendly and very helpful.

I learned how to meet my job expectations with encouragement from my fellow workers.
Pros
Ice Cream Parties, company events
A security officer
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 17, 2016
I would check in and out freight, make security rounds,watch security cameras for suspicious activity, cashier,and maintenance work. I learned that I worked with a great group of coworkers and managers working as a team to deter and catch shoplifters.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Strong and stable company with opportunity
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 27, 2016
Company rewards hard work. Global opportunities are available for those who earn them. Opportunity to work with many different brands and in different geographies. Management is interested in challenging colleagues and recognizing those who make the extra effort.
Great place to work, competitive salaries, team player atmosphere
Marketing Services Coordinator, Photo Studio (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2016
The most enjoyable job was the majority of the people were not only coworkers but, friends. It was a family atmosphere and everyone showed a lot of pride that worked at VF.
Pros
Employee events ie. concerts, cookouts etc.
Dont waste your time!!!
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 31, 2016
It was an ok place to work at at first, until they took away the yearly raises and replaced then with an incentive system. The incentive system is outrageous! They don't care what the quality of the prints look like, just get out as many as you can. That's the only way you can make incentive. They have the screen printing area spit in half. One side runs the company products the other side running specialty product. The company side gets jacked all the time unless you are one of their favorite printers, if not, you get treated poorly and really unfair. The specialty side actually makes the incentive and they do half the work the other side does. They can produce less shirts and make more compared to the other. The best part if they don't like you there, they put you in all the places that they think you will fail at or feel really uncomfortable and pretty much force you to quit or stay and be miserable.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!!!!!
This place is a sweat shop, any place else you'd be making 15.hr.
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 1, 2016
It was a good place for an 8 hour workout, this place makes the high volume of employee turn around work for them, with really no intention to make a temporary employee permanent. I would meet their quotes and more, I was rewarded with being fired, claiming I was only temporary,
Pros
Coworkers, 45 min lunch.
Cons
Paranoid H R people, and management.
Excellent store to work with
Department Leader (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, MDMarch 3, 2016
Was disappointed store closed. I very much enjoyed working as team leader in sports department, especially during Nascar. And merchandising was fun during seasonal sports events.
Pros
Fun and caring crew. Energetic customers. Always enjoyed new product and display merchandising.
Cons
Store closed.
Customer Information Clerk
Laborer, material handler & warehouse worker, etc (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 11, 2016
Very busy position. It's all about helping the customers with riding the bus from point A to B, etc. Having knowledge of the city, county & state, made my job fun & rewarding.
Pros
helping people is key
Cons
only part-time work available
Best job ever
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 15, 2016
This was the best job ive had since working.The people were great,the management was great.I learned how to inspect products for flaws,use a tacking and pressing machine.The hardest part was the lay off as this job moved overseas.
Pros
great work great insurance
Cons
this company moved overseas
Great place to work.
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 12, 2016
VF was a great place to work before outsourcing.

Met a lot of great people, that was really passionate about there work and career.

Management seemed to care about there employees.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Outsourcing.
Great Place to work
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMay 13, 2016
A great experience, and received my forklift training certificates with this company. A great place 5 star rating.

I got along with co-workers and we worked as a team.

Long hours when busy was hard work.
Pros
Cons
NONE