VF Corporation

VF Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Corp Retail (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: not many
Cons: Based in New Jersey
Management needs a great deal of work. Overall the company is very top heavy with many VPs, and only a few people doing the work. High turn over, and many unhappy employees looking to leave.
ALWAYS SOMEONE WITH A GREAT PERSONALITY WORKING THERE
CASHIER AND STOCK AND RETURN PERSON (Former Employee), Westbrook, CTMarch 31, 2015
Pros: HAS A PROGRAM THAT GIVES US SOME PLAY TIME
Cons: NO CONS IN THIS STORE
WAS A BUSY PLACE FOR ME.WAS A FITTING ROOM ASSOC.AND LOVED IT. LOVED WORKING WITH ALL THE CUSTOMERS AND THE STAFF THERE.GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND HOPE TO GET BACK THERE. THE DISTRICT MANAGER WAS ALSO AWESOME.
productive,busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee), primm,nevadaMarch 30, 2015
Cons: stateline
a typical day I do back stock, restocking all the stores merchandise. greeting customers making them feel comfortable and showing them daily deals the store have to offer for the time being. there really isn't no hard part in the retail jobs for me, I do my job very precise & fast as possible. my co workers are wonderful, makes it easy to work were am at.
Amazing!
Senior Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee), Alameda, CaMarch 17, 2015
Pros: all pros... 0 exaggeration.
VF Outdoor is an amazing company to work for. They encourage work/home life balance. VF promotes an open door policy environment where the associates thrive. Fun and hard work are mixed together flawlessly. An incredible "break room" was created that reflected the overall attitude of the corporation as well as their employees. People say that "Google" is the best place to work... I whole-heartedly disagree... VF Outdoor of Alameda, Ca. is nothing short of paradise.
learning applications
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 15, 2015
I learned the intricate functions of the BMC Remedy system. I had some conflicts with the Asset Manager but through meetings and regular dialog, we were able to effectively implement the Remedy system on time.
Rewarding and challanging.
Payroll/Assistant to Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Danville, VAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: chance for advancement based on achievments.
This job required making sure all plant locations received necessary stock in a timely manner to keep manufacturing staff working at full capacity. It was challenging, ever changing and a great working environment.
Lied to and lost my current job
Industral maintenance technician (Former Employee), Visalia CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2015
Cons: lie to you, not organized or not experience in interview process
was offered the job a maintenance technician t position signed the offer letter was given a date that I was going to start gave my current employer my two week notice was replaced by current employer and then VF called me and said that I wasn't going to start they were waiting on my background and then I received a letter saying that I did not get the job thank you VF I was then left without a job !
Loved my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), La Marque, TXFebruary 25, 2015
VF Outlet owned by VF Corporation is a wonderful company to work for. Buyers and Merchandisers are easy to contact and work with to handle any questions or problems you may have. Management is easy to talk to about concerns and are open to ideas and suggestions. All companies have their flaws and VF has theirs. However, they are fair and allow their employees to make family their first priority. I wish I had been able to keep my job with VF. I was with them for almost 7 years and wish I could go back.
VF Outlet
Sales Associate, Customer Service Desk, cashier (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: worked around schedule
Cons: no insurance
Vf Outlet was a nice job to have while I was in high school and first year of college. I was there for almost 2 years, and it taught me how to talk to and treat customers. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and now we are all friends out of that work experience. I was really a laid back job. Help Customers find there clothes, work cash register, and clean the store.
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Mocksville, NCFebruary 20, 2015
Great pay, Great people, times goes by very quick. Would recommend anyone work here. My aunt has been with this company since they opened here. Around 25 years or so.
I get to meet new people
maintanance (Former Employee), Anderson, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: knowing i did a good job
Cons: n/a
I go to work in the Morning I start off by vacuuming the floors before I mop them. I cleaned the bathroom making sure it has, toilet paper, and paper towels. I also got ready in the back room tearing off of plastic of clothes as they came in on the trucks, and putting them out on the shelves. I learned all about how to fold and hang up clothes the right way. I got along with my co workers, and the customers that came in the store. There was nothing hard about the job I enjoyed it all.
Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 29, 2015
The work life of this job is the best. It's an easy job but it gets challenging because of the project you'd have to do. I love the environment of this job.
Accounts Payable Processor
Accounts Payable Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: favortism in the office
Accurately processed invoices for payment in a timely manner
Customer Service with vendors in billing and payment promptness
Assisted company coalitions with accurately posting multiple line purchase orders
Verified the accuracy of processed invoices from peers
Scanned invoices into workflow for processing
Opened/sorted/distributed mail and invoices
Maintained excel worksheets monthly
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 27, 2015
New to retail and looking to grow.
I enjoyed the family oriented work environment. Corporate members are friendly and open to understanding your experience at store level. The open line of communication makes it easier to reach overall company and store goals.
Company was good, staff, not so good.
Packaging Coordinator (Former Employee), Reidsville, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: no separation of duties and responsibilities
This company was good with its workers. I made production weekly and felt very appreciated by the managers. I enjoyed going to work everyday as long as there were no problems with quality control staff. I packaged children's clothes in boxes, preparing them for shipping. The boxes then went on a belt to QC area. Often the orders were incorrect due to the boxes falling off the belt. The packager was held responsible.
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 15, 2015
too much gossipers especially the older women who worked there. worked each employee way too hard, and pay is regular associate pay.
EDI Analyst (Former Employee), North CarloinaJanuary 14, 2015
I am familiar with Purchase order(850) , Invoice(810) and Advance Shipment Notice(856) EDI documents, EDI standards like ANSI X12 Version (4010, 5010) and EDI transmission protocols like AS2, Inovis and VAN. I have also performed the following
Ø Monitoring errors reports and Fixing production batch job failures.
Ø Providing solution to customer queries, also supporting Translator tool.
Ø Performing Translator map changes according to the requirements of customers.
Ø Adding New trading Partners to enable Electronic Business Document transfer.
Ø Implementing new business documents electronically for Trading Partners.
Productive and Caring Place to Work
Production Specialist-Operations (Current Employee), Nashville, TennesseeJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: encouragement, job security
Cons: advancement, learning opportunities
This company has been the only place that I have worked that truly cares about your family. They want you to take care of yourself, family, and others.

In a typical day, you can workout your own pace, which allows for production and complete your tasks in a timely manner. Your managers allow you work without hovering over you, which provides for relaxed culture were you can build relationships with co-workers and upper management.

The hardest part of my job is with all these distractions, it causes some times where completing daily tasks become difficult, but it is all about your personal time management.
A bad company to work for
Group Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Too many changes one day your told to do one thing next day you have to change your schedule because not enough work for eight hours We had two fifteen minute breaks. Never knew what your schedule was going to be a lot of the time some times 6 hrs a day sometimes 8 hrs sometimes 10 hrs.
Great place to work for
Picker/forklift opt (Former Employee), seminoleJanuary 6, 2015
Great place to work for. Nice people good hours, and the pay was very good.

1 2 3 4 5

About VF Corporation

The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion – Read more

VF Corporation Salaries