VF Corporation Employee Reviews

Too little help and too much work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ALNovember 16, 2016
We are constantly having to deal with freight enough for 4 stores and not enough sales for 1. The results is a warehouse with more merchandise than the sales floor. Replenishment isn't based on sales, it is based on the need to force merchandise out of warehouse before inventory. Upper level management doesn't care about employees either. It's all about making money and attracting low income customers with wow deals that have the quality of rummage sales. Benefits are non existent and the insurance has such high deductibles that the average employee payes 80-99% out of pocket.
Pros
Haven't found any.
Cons
Bad management, lazy coworkers, bad pay, no plans to improve any of this.
Retail outlet store
Merchandise Specialist / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYOctober 15, 2016
I merchandised clothing in departments. I balanced the vault. Set up the registers. Opened and Closed the stored. Resolved customer issues. I was Manager On Duty for several periods of times while short of management. I learned additional Management skills. Management was good about working with employees schedules. There were many excellent co-works. Some would come in on their days off to help out. The hardest part of my job was Freight Days. The most enjoyable part was helping customers and up selling / cross selling.
Pros
short drive from home.
Cons
Advancement. Passed over for Asst Mgr 3 time. Covered the position as MOD during those periods.
Never again
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIDecember 6, 2016
This job taught me a good leason. Sometimes it's not you as the employee that is bad but the management can also be wrong. Sometimes it's just the wrong fit. Bit when the boss repeatedly tells you that you suck at your job and that's he's going to fire you as an example (at least 3 times a day) you just leave. Change of management was a bad decision for the company. However for some reason they don't care. But when the boss gives you the worst review you've ever had from any person in the company (before this person was there everybody always said i did great and was improving steadily). This manager said a blind monkey could do my job better than i. Pay increases came in the form of a few cents. Benifits sucked and insurance covered nothing. The best thing was that they matched your 401k contributions. Very little room for growth within the company very little support. They make life very stressful in and outside of work. So maybe this was just porr management or I wasn't the right fit but it definitely ruined my opinion of the whole company when my concerns and complaints went ignored.
Pros
401k retirement
Cons
Poor management, no hours in the winter and still hiring new people
good job that was very demanding
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at work was to open the store, then balance previous day's sales and make the bank run. Receive all shipments and process the paperwork for them. Accept all inventory into system and make any necessary adjustments. Process monthly reports for corporate office.
I did whatever management requested, including staying over to clear the warehouse to have room for the next day's shipments.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the trucks and processing the product to be ready for the sales floor.
My favorite part of the job was processing the paperwork and assembling the monthly reports.
Pros
good pay, good benifits
Cons
very demanding job
Excellent Retail Education, and company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  USJune 17, 2016
Great company, great training, management actually listens to employees and want to make company great from within. But there was a lack of opportunity for store management in outlets for promotion of managers, next level.
Pros
Benefits, competitive salary, people
Cons
More with less as most retail, seeding payroll for growth, advancement
Fun work environment
Customer Service Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILDecember 26, 2016
Good management and friendly employees all around enjoyable place to work. Organized clean environment and customer-friendly. Also large variety to choose from starting from newborn to adult
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
No benefits for part-time employees
Proactive, smart, professional, culture
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 7, 2016
Great company, warm employees and elegant atmosphere. We stayed professional even with a warm personalty with customers and each other. Grand experience and interactions with greater managements.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, reasonable breaks, holidays benefits, heathcare.
Cons
Low pay
An Eye Opening Career Move
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami International MallNovember 13, 2016
Typical day is slow, not many customers or sales
Learned about sales and customer service
Management is terrible
Coworkers incredible
Easy going job
Pros
Very competitive environment where you receive gifts for reaching your sales goal
Cons
Too demanding for such an entry level job
Great for a quick job and out soon.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 16, 2016
Management team is horrible, store manager plays favorite and you basically have to butter them up to get hours. Doesn't even gives raise. I've been working there for two years. I haven't got a raise since then. Everyone has except me. They use and abuse you.
Pros
Great to make friends
Cons
Everything, hardly get hours. Ridiculously slow.
Not too great
ASSORTMENT PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 7, 2016
Tough time with the company. Poor management and lacking of job security. no room for advancement without someone leaving first.
Great company to work for
Assistant Store Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 12, 2016
They were really great to there employees. Management from the President on down were willing to teach. Benefits were great
Life at VF Outdoor
Department Trainer (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 9, 2016
I work at the VF Outdoor DC in Visalia, CA and I have been wokring for the company for 10 years. VF is definitely a great place to start out if you have no dc experience but you do have to prove yourself because the turnover rate is pretty high. I have worked in multiple departments and there is a substantial amount of ways to move up the ladder. There are a lot of internal job postings to move around and apply for leadership with the required years of experience. Every job is going to have its ups and downs, drama, gossip, hostile people but VF has taken appropriate actions to resolve any time of conflict. The benefits are not great but I'm glad to have it offered along with the flexible spending account that I always sign up for in open enrollment. We do have a yearly raise and a yearly bonus as well, along with numerous paid for luncheons, annual picnic and holiday parties where tons of prizes are given. We also have an employee sale every so often where full time employees get to purchase 2nd quality and donations quality items for dirt cheap which is always exciting to look forward to. Overall, I enjoy working for this dc. They have been good to me and I see more years to come in my timeline at VF.
Pros
opportunities to move up, paid activities, yearly bonus, great friends for life
Cons
not as many raises given, medical coverage is a bit pricey
Terrible place to work. Run as fast as you can.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVApril 12, 2016
Was promoted to Assistant Store Mgr. and received no training from the Store Mgr. or DM. Human resources does not offer any support. Stores are in very poor condition and company does not want to spend a dime towards maintenance. Equipment, racks very old and in poor shape, even dangerous for customers and employees. Store Mgr. is very vindictive. Run as fast as you can. Don't waste your time working for them. No support from anyone. Never enough employees on the floor. Huge theft problem and terrible customer service. Very poor quality of merchandise. Low salary for the amount of work they expect and travel time is not worth it. They do not let you go home if a family member gets hurt. No work/life balance.
Pros
None. Terrible place to work.
Cons
No support form Hunman resource.
Productive; Employees viewed as Family
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAAugust 9, 2016
The culture is hard working and innovative. Employees in all departments take pride in helping one another for one common goal. They take care of their employees with great benefits and opportunity to be noticed.
Easy work and Goals are clear
ASM Merchandising (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLDecember 20, 2016
All the work is layed out for you. Communication skills are great at a corporate level. Too much fraternizing at store level and Store managers have favorites. They also tend to hired friends and family which makes for an uncomfortable work place and unfair promotions.
Pros
Discounts on great brands
Cons
Store Mangers hire friends and family who get special treatment
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 25, 2016
When I worked at the VF, it was one of the best time in my work history. The management is great. If you need help with something, they will stop doing what ever it is they are doing and come help the best way possible. My co-workers and I always worked as a team to get the store clean, to find certain items for customers, checking customers out, and bringing more products out to the floor. Here I learned more about team building because people here are more willing to work together to get the job done.
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
Can't think of one
horrible
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 16, 2016
managers and supervisors dont care about their employees, they literally use profanity, ive seen them throw boxes that werent labeled correctly and the person responsible. 35 cents per year raise are you kidding me they are on the makers of the major league baseball uniforms and other attire.
Pros
Cons
the company itself
Dont waste your time!!!
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 31, 2016
It was an ok place to work at at first, until they took away the yearly raises and replaced then with an incentive system. The incentive system is outrageous! They don't care what the quality of the prints look like, just get out as many as you can. That's the only way you can make incentive. They have the screen printing area spit in half. One side runs the company products the other side running specialty product. The company side gets jacked all the time unless you are one of their favorite printers, if not, you get treated poorly and really unfair. The specialty side actually makes the incentive and they do half the work the other side does. They can produce less shirts and make more compared to the other. The best part if they don't like you there, they put you in all the places that they think you will fail at or feel really uncomfortable and pretty much force you to quit or stay and be miserable.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!!!!!
Atrocious
Associate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I personally worked for Kipling, and the vf corporation is disgusting. The management team when dealing with issues off the sales floor is horrible. The equipment like ladders, brooms, cleaning supplies that they provided was dangerous. The ladders were on the verge of breaking, and after making countless complaints, nothing was fixed. I worked so hard to earn a promotion I really wanted, and it was given to someone to who did nothing within store. Needless to say, I left Kipling to go to another job & the person they hired instead of me was fired for doing a poor job. This corporation does not recognize hard work, and does not care about their employees. If ana associate worked for 8 and a half hours, you only received a half hour break. That is illegal. DO NOT WORK HERE. They will work you to the bone. One of the girls I worked with, was working 40 hours a week, and when she applied to be "Full time", which was numerous times, the company faulted her of hours so they wouldn't have to give her benefits. That is ILLEGAL. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great place to work.
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 12, 2016
VF was a great place to work before outsourcing.

Met a lot of great people, that was really passionate about there work and career.

Management seemed to care about there employees.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Outsourcing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VF Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.