VF Corporation Employee Reviews

great place to work
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJuly 6, 2017
Great place to learn customer service, great work environment very customer oriented, diverse staff with fair treatment of all employees works with family situations.
Pros
health care, pay rate
Cons
short hours during summer
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXJuly 5, 2017
I would have enjoyed working here if there were more staff, if they offered more hours, and they made the pay worth it. There were even times when only 1 manager and 1 employee were working.
Pros
Nice discounts offered
Cons
Stress and headache
Stock supervisior
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 4, 2017
The company is great! store manager is terrible .... They violate state policies here(OSHA) and don't treat employees fairly ....prioritizing, scheduling and heartshare are definitely problems at this store.. I will never work at this store as long as the current store manager is here and I would advise anyone who is looking for employment the same
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work life
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 2, 2017
Managers are promoted because of who they know, discounts were cool, hours were fine, and pay was meh. HR is garbage and shady, if you're into that sort of thing you'll love this job!
Long Hours
Outbound Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 29, 2017
Good place to gain lots of experience, but tough for people expecting performance based growth/reward. I worked at least 50 hours per week and got top reviews but my bonus and raises were same as everyone else.
Large Corp. Distribution Center
Lead auditor (Current Employee) –  Whites Creek, TNJune 27, 2017
VF is a good, large Corporation. Working currently in the Distribution Center in Whites Creek. It is very busy and there is always somehing to learn.
VF Outlet
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALJune 23, 2017
Well the most likely a day at work would be having an customer come in and bring back some clothes that did not fit. We would help assist the customer as much as we can. While working at VF Outlet I learned it was most importantly a groups effort job. I enjoyed that, we as a business could come together as a team and work completely and effectively. Management could tend to run late some times causing the employees to be late, but other than that they were very active on the floor helping along with the associates assisting the customers. Overall I love all my managers. The culture of the work place is slow and outdated. The mangers try to hire a younger generation but Cooperation clothing guidelines does not allow that generation to express themselves in a type of clothing store. The options for work is jeans and a dark color shirt,very drab. The hardest part of my job would be not being able to completely understand the problem of the customer, because if I'm free and I do not clearly get what the customer is trying to relay I have to grab another associate and stop them from their daily task to understand. The most exciting part is knowing that you did great at work and you were able to do more than what your expected, that makes me very happy!
Very precise with operations, lack of communication and fast paced
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 21, 2017
The energy in coming in fluctuates depending on the time of day. A lot of pressure is targeted depending on the employee and communication isn't consistant. Flexibility is usually an issue that comes with lack of understanding fellow peers.
Pros
Fast paced, precised in operations
Cons
Enviorment seemingly are overwhelming, pressure is targeted, understanding and communication is lacked
Production/Piece work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, VAJune 14, 2017
Each morning you would flip bundles, cut tickets, and write numbers, then proceed to sew on pockets as fast as you could. Sometimes work didn't fit, or material so stiff it would not go through the folder.
Depending on how many bundles you completed how much money you made. Best to sew with quality in mind above speed, since if a garment came back for repair, you usually could have sewn a whole bundle of 42 pants in the same amount of time.

I combine accuracy with speed to produce a quality garment which not only provided myself with a reasonable living but the consumer with a great pair of jeans.

Depending on who was in management whether there was an open door to suggestion and complaints.

Work place was competitive and friendly.

Hardest part of the job was when either material wasn't cut right or sew correctly causing difficulties in each operation that proceeded it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coworkers who became friends. Also, I really to sew and to push myself.
Pros
Good job, pay rate, benefits
Cons
Sometimes quality of cutting or sewing cause you to loose money.
Fun Enviroment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 13, 2017
VF Corporation is a great place to work. The company has great Co-workers and is a fun environment to be apart of. They have many company wide events.
Great place to work!
Sales Contact (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 9, 2017
I have had several customer service jobs and this is by far the best one I have ever had. You are treated and paid well, they offer great benefits and paid time off.
Was a nice place to work but am now loosing job to plant closing
Ink Technician (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 8, 2017
I enjoy my job. It's challenging. Love the hours, paid holidays and vacation hours.

I'm very sad the they are closing the plant and i am losing my job!
Pros
vacation and paid holidays
Relaxed place
Cashier Specialist/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 5, 2017
If you have no kids or bills this is a good job to work. I wish they had more full time positions. But overall good second or if your looking for a part time job.
Fun Place
Printer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 30, 2017
Job consists of getting orders ready for printer. Having to read orders set up screens,get inks, and do paperwork. Sometimes am the printer depending on the day. Great supervisors. Stress full at times to get products out in time.
Pros
Fun People
Cons
Hot in summer
Very great first job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAMay 27, 2017
Vf Outlet is an outstanding place to work. The managers are not just good at their job, but they are also people who you will never forget. They help you with work, of course but they also teach you many life lessons and help mold you into a better person. If there were more advancement opportunity in the company I would still be there. That is the only flaw. If you are looking for a flexible part time job, Vf without a doubt would be your best option.
Pros
Great people, flexible
Cons
No growth in the company, hours vary by time of year.(all retail jobs are the same way though!)
Pays well, weak mgt
Sr. Inventory and Replenishment Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 25, 2017
not a bad place to work. Coalition management is very weak. No strategic plans for the future. Struggle to get the management team on the same page. Pays well for outside people.
Pros
location
Cons
mgt
good job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2017
good job. relaxed and friendly people. enjoyed going into work. lost job went to Honduras, but I would definitely be there if it wasn't for that. good job to retire on.
Pros
good hours and people
Cons
welcome work family and learning
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 10, 2017
Ive been at my store for over a year now and ive never been more happy with a job yet. Everyone i work with ia one big team always helping and ready to go.
You get to learn so many things and grow in this company that you can take on your future endeavors.
Lots of fun events, with contests every weekend for prizes. Our culture is speed spirit smile. We show that every day of our work. Show speed with projects and day to day activities. Spirit with our customers and oir smile always. Great place to work at. Great people to work with.
Free snacks, and apperel
Retailer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 10, 2017
We get 50% discount on any VF corporation items, north face, vans, Jansport, Nike, timberland, nautica, lucy, wrangler, reef, lee etc.

Attend to customers, up sale product and provide customer with their needs and want
Cons
health care
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 10, 2017
I love fashion so being exposed to all styles is exciting to me. It makes me feel good when I'm working the dressing rooms and people ask my opinion.
Pros
New Trends
Cons
Retail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VF Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval