VF Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work, competitive salaries, team player atmosphere
Marketing Services Coordinator, Photo Studio (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2016
The most enjoyable job was the majority of the people were not only coworkers but, friends. It was a family atmosphere and everyone showed a lot of pride that worked at VF.
Pros
Employee events ie. concerts, cookouts etc.
Terrible place to work. Run as fast as you can.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVApril 12, 2016
Was promoted to Assistant Store Mgr. and received no training from the Store Mgr. or DM. Human resources does not offer any support. Stores are in very poor condition and company does not want to spend a dime towards maintenance. Equipment, racks very old and in poor shape, even dangerous for customers and employees. Store Mgr. is very vindictive. Run as fast as you can. Don't waste your time working for them. No support from anyone. Never enough employees on the floor. Huge theft problem and terrible customer service. Very poor quality of merchandise. Low salary for the amount of work they expect and travel time is not worth it. They do not let you go home if a family member gets hurt. No work/life balance.
Pros
None. Terrible place to work.
Cons
No support form Hunman resource.
Customer Information Clerk
Laborer, material handler & warehouse worker, etc (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 11, 2016
Very busy position. It's all about helping the customers with riding the bus from point A to B, etc. Having knowledge of the city, county & state, made my job fun & rewarding.
Pros
helping people is key
Cons
only part-time work available
productive workplace
RETAIL SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be from clocking in, walking to the workplace assigned and completed start shift duties such as bags in trash cans, exchange/receipts/tag folder documents on hand, hanger bins in each register and lastly before opening an employee meeting for such events on about the day and week. Sometimes worked evening shifts that were to clock in, go to designated area and relieve the previous associate but as an evening shift had to clean (sweep and mop) and maintain/restock the area, then cleaned restrooms, afterwards took the hanger bins to the back and put them in their designated areas and clocked out.
I learned to organize coupons, write all exchanges in a fast but correct manner. I also learned how to make poster signs for publicity of an item and also cost labels/tags.
The manager was a little rough yet caring for her employees, she would always do meetings from safety to cheering up the associates.
My coworkers were always friendly and helpful. If i didn't catch something about a meeting the would explain. They also helped with keeping the front area clean by taking the exchanges to the back in order to bring back to the sales floor area,
The hardest part of the job was standing at customer service for the longest time. Sometimes watching over buglers while busy with customers with exchanges and writing down the exchanges was complicated but not impossible. I was partially relieved because our assistant manager was there when rush hours happened.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I loved customers asking questions and left with a smile
  more... in there faces. I was glad helping them see if we had a certain size or color of an item and found, they would be amazed a grateful.  less
Pros
respect breaks, friendly coworkers, clean enviroment, men and women restrooms apart, restrooms with kid and wheelchair space
Cons
restroom reliefs were hard to find
Talented People
E-Commerce Merchandiser and Buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2016
Great people, challenging work environment. Great place to learn and grow if you are a self starter. Great benefits.Summer Fridays all year long.
Dont waste your time!!!
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 31, 2016
It was an ok place to work at at first, until they took away the yearly raises and replaced then with an incentive system. The incentive system is outrageous! They don't care what the quality of the prints look like, just get out as many as you can. That's the only way you can make incentive. They have the screen printing area spit in half. One side runs the company products the other side running specialty product. The company side gets jacked all the time unless you are one of their favorite printers, if not, you get treated poorly and really unfair. The specialty side actually makes the incentive and they do half the work the other side does. They can produce less shirts and make more compared to the other. The best part if they don't like you there, they put you in all the places that they think you will fail at or feel really uncomfortable and pretty much force you to quit or stay and be miserable.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!!!!!
Poor leadership and training for Mgrs.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 24, 2016
Was promoted to Store Mgr. and received no training from the DM. Human resources does not offer consistent support. Stores are in very very poor condition and company does not want to spend a dime towards maintenance. Equipment, racks very old and in poor shape, even dangerous for customers and employees.
Pros
20% discount on most items
Cons
Poor training and management
if your ok with staying at the bottom this is the job for you.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MI 48415March 22, 2016
typical day at work consists of normal retail tasks, customer service, cashiering, making sure clothing is stocked. you only afre able to learn what they want you too. there isnt any room for advancement. i tried going after an assistant manager position and management was too scared to approach the district manager about advancement and would let me contact her to express my intrest myself. there isnt a hard part of the job. most enjoyable part was working with customers.
Pros
customers
Cons
no room for advancement, management
A fun work environment.
Warehouse Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 16, 2016
I was responsible for operating the elevator for the customers and helping them with any general questions. I also helped sort the merchandise in the stock room.
Best job ever
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 15, 2016
This was the best job ive had since working.The people were great,the management was great.I learned how to inspect products for flaws,use a tacking and pressing machine.The hardest part was the lay off as this job moved overseas.
Pros
great work great insurance
Cons
this company moved overseas
Great for a high school student starting out but after high school it's AWFUL.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 9, 2016
I worked for VF for 3 years. Starting out there with no work experience was great because they do openly accept high schoolers looking for their first job. The only good thing I can say about this job is that I made life long friends with my coworkers. As for the managers, that's a whole other story. You could work all night long making sure the store was perfect and you would never hear a thank you. They would make sure they found something wrong with what you've done. I learned a lot while working for VF but the most important thing I learned was how to stand up for myself and realize I deserved better than to work for a company who shows no appreciation, only gives hours to the favorites, and has more drama than your average middle school. You do not get paid near enough to put up with what you are faced with on a day to day basis. I got one raise the whole 3 years I was there not to mention there is absolutely no opportunity to move up in the company. No one should ever have to sit out in their car and dread walking inside because you know nothing good is going to happen that day. My advice is to find another company to work for because VF has a lot of growing up to do.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, occasional paid for activities
Cons
short breaks, drama filled environment, no opportunity to move up, no hours, no appreciation
Excellent store to work with
Department Leader (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, MDMarch 3, 2016
Was disappointed store closed. I very much enjoyed working as team leader in sports department, especially during Nascar. And merchandising was fun during seasonal sports events.
Pros
Fun and caring crew. Energetic customers. Always enjoyed new product and display merchandising.
Cons
Store closed.
Great company with exceptional leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 25, 2016
Positive work environment with a passion for results. High integrity across all management levels with a very strong propensity for detailed data analysis. Strong work/life balance and a relentless pursuit of perfection.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 24, 2016
I loved everything about working for vf corporation. the management was amazing, easy job for great pay, and was always appreciated for my work.
Pros
always showed they are appreciated
Cons
short breaks
VF Corporation
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Great company to start your career out with.You will learn a lot in a short amount of time, however, no room for growth from within.
This place is a sweat shop, any place else you'd be making 15.hr.
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 1, 2016
It was a good place for an 8 hour workout, this place makes the high volume of employee turn around work for them, with really no intention to make a temporary employee permanent. I would meet their quotes and more, I was rewarded with being fired, claiming I was only temporary,
Pros
Coworkers, 45 min lunch.
Cons
Paranoid H R people, and management.
Atrocious
Associate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I personally worked for Kipling, and the vf corporation is disgusting. The management team when dealing with issues off the sales floor is horrible. The equipment like ladders, brooms, cleaning supplies that they provided was dangerous. The ladders were on the verge of breaking, and after making countless complaints, nothing was fixed. I worked so hard to earn a promotion I really wanted, and it was given to someone to who did nothing within store. Needless to say, I left Kipling to go to another job & the person they hired instead of me was fired for doing a poor job. This corporation does not recognize hard work, and does not care about their employees. If ana associate worked for 8 and a half hours, you only received a half hour break. That is illegal. DO NOT WORK HERE. They will work you to the bone. One of the girls I worked with, was working 40 hours a week, and when she applied to be "Full time", which was numerous times, the company faulted her of hours so they wouldn't have to give her benefits. That is ILLEGAL. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING
fun workplace
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 13, 2016
i learned to work registers accurately, the managers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was rearranging the store. the people working there were good at what they did and very sweet
Pros
free kunches
Cons
short breaks benefits
Fun work environment with really great associates
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNJanuary 7, 2016
I've learned good communication skills with customers and coworkers. The hardest part of the job is learning the store, because there are changes in the layout of the store seasonally. You never really get used to it. The best part about the job are the friendship you have with your coworkers. We're like one big family.
Pros
Snack room
Cons
Short breaks
Good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 6, 2016
Learned retail from an outlet perspective.
Company is going through new polices/procedures
Opportunity with competitive wages (sales staff)
Company will continue to move in the right direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VF Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.