VF Corporation Employee Reviews

VF Corporation Great place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for VF Corporation as Purchasing Analyst. The work environment was relaxed and opportunity for advancement was always there. I enjoyed the staff and my managers were great to work for.
Pros
Open Door For advancement
Cons
Outsourcing
Fast paced, fun and interesting place to work.
Fold and Pack (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 26, 2017
Very enjoyable job. Tends to get very hot during summer months due to large dryers. Must be able to work well with others as all jobs are a team based. Unfortunately, the factory is now closed.
Cut-throat and management needs work but great money and benefits
Ultra Picker (Former Employee) –  Hackleburg, ALSeptember 25, 2017
I thought Vf corporation would be a place I could have a career at but unfortunately it was not because of the stressful environment, long hours that were not expected because management told me otherwise, and lack of fair management. The benefits are great and almost worth the trouble if you need benefits for your family.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful, long hours, mediocre management
A good place to work
Active Associate (Former Employee) –  Whites Creek, TNSeptember 21, 2017
I had a 7 year stint at VF, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The pay was good, and it could be competitive as it depended on how much work you would do in a single day. There was a lot of overtime to be had, if you were willing to take it. Management was generally very good, and my work/life balance was perfect. Recommended.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and management.
Cons
Sometimes there was a lot of overtime.
It's a good place
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Luray, VASeptember 20, 2017
It's a good place to work. But they don't offer full time that much and they have some good workers that leave cause they don't get offered full time. Some temps worker harder then the full time
Pros
Break every like 2 hours
Cons
Lazy people
Productive and easy workplace.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 15, 2017
Started as a temp in shipping back in August 3rd shift shipping, pretty much on the lines pulling boxes off and locating to the locations. Easy job and fast to learn new things once you look proficient. My training was easy and simple. My main trainer looks real young but he made everything feel easy. There was 3 trainers on the floor, but it seemed more like the youngest trainer made the most sense and payed attention to his trainees. I like the job and hours its easy as well. Everyone gets along in this shift.
Pros
Easy, goes by fast
Cons
Uneven hours, no temp benefits
It was a wonderful workplace.
Wrangler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 13, 2017
It was a wonderful environment and a lot of various tasks to perform. I learned about being a customer service representative. The management was good. The workplace was wonderful. The hardest part of the job was being fast. The most enjoyable was getting to know the customers.
Pros
Wonderful company
Cons
Fast paced
Professional and structured atmosphere
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Hard work but among many great team players that contribute to company and departmental goals. There are alot of great brands under VF and although in different cities, the understanding and performance of each work well together.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Work schedules could be more flexible.
Relaxed, friendly environment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 11, 2017
Management was friendly and professional. Relaxed environment and teams. Advancement opportunities. Team building exercises. Training provided by company. Attended company meetings.
Pros
Catering events by company
Cons
Na
Typically slow but a great experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 10, 2017
A typical day begins with being in uniform conduct and clocking in then waiting for customers to show up. While waiting, we check if the clothes are sized correctly, if there are any "go-backs" to put away, and touch up anything that needs to be touched up on. Management was good, they kept watch on how we were doing and helped along the way. It's not very interesting but we were expected to get customers to buy extra items and sign up for the VIP program where for every 1200 points the costumer gets, they would get $10 back to spend. We also were to expected to work up to the motto, "Speed, Spirit. Smile" and it helped me become a more efficient person and made costumers feel better when they walked in and shopped. The hardest part would be standing because I didn't have the most comfortable shoes to wear and we could only where black closed toed shoes plus I didn't have the money nor could I spend the money I earned. The most enjoyable would be to work with the costumers. I find it fun to work with costumers plus it gives me something to do or actually it is what I am supposed to do as a retail associate.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Slow work flow
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNSeptember 9, 2017
The work environment is fun. The work is balanced out between employees. The most enjoyable part time job Ive had. Nothing is to hard to do at this work .
friendly workplace
Senior Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCSeptember 6, 2017
enjoyed doing payroll and learning new programs
liked the discounts available
friendly employees
facility was closed and moved overseas
many employees lost their jobs
Pros
1st shift, M-f
Relatively productive and satisfying
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Tons to do to keep busy along with tedious work. Giving and getting satisfaction to and from customers is nice. I learned that nothing is a problem when you know what needs to get done.
Pros
Kept busy, never a dull moment
Cons
Limited hours that are cut upon receiving new hires, pay raise threshold should be every 4 months, not 12.
Working environment
Silk Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIAugust 31, 2017
Throughout the years of working at VF, I was fortunate to learn almost every position in the company. Although, it was very hot working in the heat while the dryers were running..especially in the summer months, I don't regret a single day. While working at VF, I met new people everyday which made that aspect the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
I was able to run my machine
Cons
Working in the heat
Business closing
Fold and Pack (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 29, 2017
The part of business I worked in is closing. I can't rate the part that is staying open. I don't have the information needed to rate it. Was a different division
Fun workplace
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 29, 2017
Everyday was different there was days that you wouldn't have to much work and others that had a lot of work. You learn to be a team player. Management was helpful. The hardest part of the job is when you are short staffed, and the most enjoyable was the people you work with.
Pros
Free lunches at times.
Cons
Healthcare, attendance policy.
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Story City, IAAugust 29, 2017
The Vf outlet was a very friendly place to work. I loved be able to meet new people and get to know them a lot better, if I could I would work there again because I love making people smile
Stressful but fun with terrible cutomers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAAugust 25, 2017
Stressful
I've learned everything I need to be successful at work
Management is ok I guess
hardest part of the job is keeping your sanity
Most enjoyable part is having fun
Pros
Have Fun
Cons
Stressful
good for retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAAugust 23, 2017
compared to other jobs, I thought it was less stressful. It does get busy, but there are plenty of people working, unlike other places where you just have a handful of people. Management was very good, and the company tries to get feedback and do events for employees to make it fun.
Pros
some free meals, events to make work more fun. plenty of help
Cons
it is retail...., it does get busy at times like any retail, . im am just writing because they want more
Time with VF rewarding. Reason I left was to start my own business.
Sales Director, Midwest Region (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
My time at VF was rewarding and I achieved many successes during my time there. Won top sales rep in the nation, promoted to Key Accounts in the Midwest Region.
Loved everything about VF but wanted to own my own business.
Pros
Could achieve any level of success based on your commmittment and effort.
Cons
Travel schedule could be hectic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VF Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.