VH1 Employee Reviews

Insightful and Awesome Opportunity
Photography Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2017
Vh1 gave me an insight into what it would be like to work for a very large company, including all the working parts and how that affects your work flow. It is an awesome opportunity to make connections with other professionals your age and older!
Internship scam
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
If you're an intern for Viacom, you are just a tax write-off and a pawn to them. Some supervisors pass off their work to their interns without any instruction and then will criticize you for having done the work incorrectly. Some don't even show up for work themselves. When I wasn't trying to figure out what my supervisor wanted me to do I would ask for more tasks even to help other supervisors, but received instruction to "Sit Tight" (for 8 hours). I'd understand if this was just my own isolated case, but I recall speaking to many other interns with similar experiences unfortunately.

I'm sure if I had a positive relationship with my Supervisor I would have stronger job security following the internship, but I don't feel that's common at this company since most employees don't seem to care.

I wouldn't have minded figuring out my way at the company if I were being paid, but living, commuting, and working in NYC is expensive so I feel like I got nothing out of the experience except for a negative attitude towards big entertainment companies. It is a "cool" place to work, but that's about it.
Pros
A big name on my resume
Cons
unpaid internship, unhelpful HR, poor supervision
Creative Content and Great Office Vibe
Television Host (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2016
There's a feeling you get working at VIACOM. Walking into the Santa Monica office feels powerful––like you're apart of something bigger. Great first place to work in TV!
Great environment to work in.
Production Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
I've met some great people working there. My supervisors were some of the nicest, honest people one could hope to work for. I learned how to manage/process/report multi-million dollar budgets strictly from the finance perspective.
exciting and a fun place to work
Black Ink Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
A typical work day for me at Black Ink is basically preparing all the camera gear for day. Checking time and dates, new cards, batteries, lenses and more. I Like working with my co-workers here because everyone is down to earth.
Pros
meal penalties, safe rides and always five days a week while shooting, sometime even six.
Cons
a lot of downtime.
Good place to work for media.
On-Air Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Good place to see all facets of media: production, marketing and corporate management. In my position, there were long hours and a fast pace.
Lucrative Experience
Production Management Intern (Current Employee) –  New York,NYMarch 31, 2015
Amazing time and I learned a great deal. I was able to work on a list of numerous shows which included Love and Hip-Hop,Black Ink Crew,VH1 Top 20 Countdown,That Metal Show and Big Morning Buzz Life.
Excellent Company, Management Culture
Senior Director, Production Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Getting paid to do what you love.

Excellent company with high standards for television production.

Strives for excellence in all matters including creative, business and legal practices.
Good
SR WRITER PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2014
Produce all creative aspects of 360 campaigns, from concept through final execution on time and under budget. Oversee hiring and management of production companies, directors, cinematographers, graphics companies,
Multiplatform teams and other production resources.
Great place to work and Good People!
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 27, 2012
My day-to-day involved working hand-in-hand with third-party television production companies. We worked together to bring the most 'bang for the buck' on-screen. As the point-person between the prodco and the net, I 'directed traffic' and ensured that the product was delivered to us per the company specs and policies.
Pros
the people!
Cons
the commute from studio city.
Interviewing,hard work..fun work ethic,flex anole schedule
Spokes person,t.v personier (Former Employee) –  New York,miamiAugust 12, 2012
I love vh1! You guys always keep me tuned in.There is always some interesting t.v shows on your site..
Pros
flexible schedule, free lunch, back stage passes
Cons
healthcare, unfriendly co eds, no vacations, can't interact with guess..