VHA Inc.

VHA Inc. Employer Reviews

productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 24, 2014
Pros: overall great company
Cons: contract ended to soon
a typical work day was busy.. answer 145 plus phone call daily. assisting members with questions regarding the program
Low-pressure but productive environment with flexible workplace regulations.
Senior Writer and Public Relations Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: friendly and inclusive colleagues.
A great company with laudable aspirations and dedicated management.
Landscaping Summary
Landscape Labor (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
My typical day on the job would be challenging but at the same time I had lots of fun getting to know knew people & working with others in the community. I used a lot of multitasking, & communication. My co-workers were the most amzing people I could have chosen to to work with. Everybody treated everybody with respect, which made the hot summer days – more... go by alot smoother considering we were all working around eachother in the heat, multiple hours at a time. There was a few challenging activities I had to get through. I would say the hardest part of my job was lifting heavy equipment. (minor) Overall I had so much fun Landscaping & truly enjoyed spending majority of my summer days doing hard labor. – less
Great company
Sr. National Sales Recruiter (Current Employee), Diamond BarFebruary 20, 2014
Excellent company to work with, great to their employees. I felt that working with them over this past time has been a great learning experience.
Consultative Sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2014
The primary function of the position was to identify savings through a consultative sales approach with the utilization of the Novation portfolio. A large amount of my times was spent in a relationship management role as well as brokering agreements between the contracted vendors and members.
Strong company values produces great people
Sr Director Enterprise Program Management Office (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 23, 2013
Pros: access to senior management, people, culture, onsite gym
Cons: a bit still to siloed within the business but progress is being made.
VHA invests in their people and value their work. The culture is very collaborative which enables everyone to work well together.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 18, 2013
Great pay and hours. Learned how to process payables, opportunities to learn other areas of accounting.
Project Manager
Project Manager / Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 24, 2013
As part of my role, my responsibilities includes
- Creating and managing the Project/Iteration/Release plan, planning sprint and managing product backlog
- Schedule & resource planning and Managing the budget and stakeholders expectations
- Organizing and conducting status meeting / JAD session / Requirement meeting and project planning meeting
- Managing – more... & leading the team in Agile methodology of development to improve customer satisfaction by rapid & continuous delivery
- Creating business process thread / flow diagrams after an initial meeting with stake holders / SME’s during project initiation
- Working with development/QA team to make sure developed system is as per the business end user needs
- Performing GAP analysis and incorporating change requests into project plan based on approval – less
Enter at your own risk
Resource Nurse (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: easy nursing job
Cons: management is poor
CEO is excellent. The rest of the local management does not promote true leadership. The atmosphere among staff can be hostile and leadership does not intervene until there is an explosion. There are favorites in this office even if they are not productive. I don't know how this organization operates with this management team.
VHA Review
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2013
Excellent company, leader in the GPO space and highly innovative within healthcare supply chain analytics and consulting. Great leadership at all levels of the company, and treats employees fairly.
Great benefits, great company
Accounting/finance (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 26, 2013
Pros: mission, vision, benefits.
Cons: work-life balance.
I love this company and the mission. The benefits are fantastic, great paid time off, 401(k) etc.
the hard thing is that because I believe in what I am doing, I tend to lose my work-life balance. There is never quite enough resources and I don't want to waste money that could go to the participants.
Everybody helps each other out towards the same goals.
Laid back and exciting work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2013
typical work day : busy
what i learned: patients
management: was good
co-workers: very fun
hardest part:dealing with upset clients
the enjoyable part: the laughs
Good Company
Member Support Service/Technical Support Advocate (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: company provides quite a few nice little surprises for employees
Cons: building space. in the process of renovating new space
Employees work hard daily. There have been many changes in the organization over the last 3 years and some still in the works. You will find many employees that have been with the company over 10 years and longer. I enjoy my coworkers and have built some great working and personal relationships over the last 13 years.
Very fast pased, lots to learn and do
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 5, 2012
-hospital interaction
-supply chain
-account management
-relationship building
The best part of my job is working with the members and saving the hosital money.
GREAT PLACE
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Current Employee), OKNovember 2, 2012
Pros: great
I LOVE WORKING AND HELPING WITH PEOPLE. I JUST LOVE WHERE IM WORKING AT. I FEEL SO BAD THEY NEED TO LET US GO ON DEC. 2012
Fast paced company eager to grow
Human Resources Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Industry, CAOctober 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches, training, profitsharing, benefits
Cons: no time for breaks or sometimes lunch
A typical day at work is swamped from the beginning of the day until the end. Management has preference for certain employees, not treated equally. Majority of coworkers are fun, outgoing, helpful and supportive.The hardest part of the job was the micromanagement; constantly under a microscope and being told what to do even during our lunch and breaks. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the employees, the training provided by the company and camaraderie. – less
Fantastic place of employment and wonderful people with which to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 18, 2012
I learned a great deal about healthcare and the people that work in that industry. It was very rewarding to learn about how to improve healthcare.
Apply at your own risk...
Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TexasNovember 22, 2011
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: management's lack of vision and skill
The lack of progressive in the mindset of management is grossly sad! No one knows what to do, or what they do, and barely knows what the company does. The only perk is the pay/benefits, the gym, and the work/life balance.
yay
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2014
this is great company to work for my supervisor was rude to me and i got her fired
job security
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: communication
Great company for job security. Lots of hours, just lacks some communication between psw and clients

About VHA Inc.

We are a nationwide network of community-owned health care systems and their physicians.