VHA Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Implementation Manager/Clinical Data Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2015
VHA is very flexible when in comes to virtual offices and very accommodating to a work life balance.
VHA helps you personally grow and develop by engaging in your career and making sure you have the tools necessary for your job.
It is hard advance in your career path as it seems managers and directors are handed their jobs without proper vetting.
Good GPO
Account Executive, Acute Care Hospitals (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 8, 2015
Employees are hard working. It was a fun place to work. It offered great health benefits and paid time off. I utilized and enjoyed the gym and classes offered.
Pros
Parking Garage
Cons
Commute, layoffs
Great work culture
Platform Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving TxSeptember 27, 2015
My typical work day starts early by managing a SharePoint Platform site to check for any errors associated with our member facing site. I run reports for customer issue regarding access and other items. I manage content on the site to ensure it is visible and available for our customers to see. I also manage our internal SharePoint collaboration site by creating work spaces and manage it's contents.

Management is very good and the culture is great. We have updated work conditions that are well lighted and conducive to a healthy work environment.

My co-workers are great and we work well as a team. We participate in all meeting to meet and exceed all business unit and company goals.

The hardest part of my job is the most enjoyable part of my job. I get to learn new things to challenge myself to make a difference in our organization.
Pros
Free soda and coffee pods through our building
N/a
VACAA Interim Reassignment, VHA Telework (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2015
It's a government job. Poorly run and out of money, but the benefits are good. Office administration is just that - I run the office. Means I do a bit of everything.
Benefits
Cons
It's a government job
Great Place to Work
Picking Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
I got this part time job through an agency and I loved it. They welcomed me with open arms and that made the work place harmonious. The work load is manageable and the pay is great. I wish there was a location where i have relocated to
Pros
it didnt last as long as i liked it to
Cons
they pay for your lunch
Landscaping Summary
Landscape Labor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 6, 2014
My typical day on the job would be challenging but at the same time I had lots of fun getting to know knew people & working with others in the community. I used a lot of multitasking, & communication. My co-workers were the most amzing people I could have chosen to to work with. Everybody treated everybody with respect, which made the hot summer days go by alot smoother considering we were all working around eachother in the heat, multiple hours at a time. There was a few challenging activities I had to get through. I would say the hardest part of my job was lifting heavy equipment. (minor) Overall I had so much fun Landscaping & truly enjoyed spending majority of my summer days doing hard labor.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good Company
Member Support Service/Technical Support Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 26, 2013
Employees work hard daily. There have been many changes in the organization over the last 3 years and some still in the works. You will find many employees that have been with the company over 10 years and longer. I enjoy my coworkers and have built some great working and personal relationships over the last 13 years.
Pros
company provides quite a few nice little surprises for employees
Cons
building space. in the process of renovating new space
Great Culture!
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2015
Company puts employees first and expect a lot in return. Great overall culture and focus on making you not only a great employee but a great Christian. Very Christian based and believe in you being a better leader if you are a better person.
Great benefits, great company
Accounting/finance (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 26, 2013
I love this company and the mission. The benefits are fantastic, great paid time off, 401(k) etc.
the hard thing is that because I believe in what I am doing, I tend to lose my work-life balance. There is never quite enough resources and I don't want to waste money that could go to the participants.
Everybody helps each other out towards the same goals.
Pros
Mission, vision, benefits.
Cons
Work-life balance.
Enter at your own risk
Resource Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2013
CEO is excellent. The rest of the local management does not promote true leadership. The atmosphere among staff can be hostile and leadership does not intervene until there is an explosion. There are favorites in this office even if they are not productive. I don't know how this organization operates with this management team.
Pros
Easy nursing job
Cons
Management is poor
My experience with them was just wonderful!!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2015
I love this company and would love to continue working with them in the future.. They are well organized and very professional they have everything in order from start to finish and has a care for their employees..
Great working environment, supportive teams
Solutions Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 21, 2015
Helpful managers and training opportunities helping employees to succeed. New building with modern amenities, gym, etc. Youthful employee group.
Project Manager
Project Manager / Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 24, 2013
As part of my role, my responsibilities includes
- Creating and managing the Project/Iteration/Release plan, planning sprint and managing product backlog
- Schedule & resource planning and Managing the budget and stakeholders expectations
- Organizing and conducting status meeting / JAD session / Requirement meeting and project planning meeting
- Managing & leading the team in Agile methodology of development to improve customer satisfaction by rapid & continuous delivery
- Creating business process thread / flow diagrams after an initial meeting with stake holders / SME’s during project initiation
- Working with development/QA team to make sure developed system is as per the business end user needs
- Performing GAP analysis and incorporating change requests into project plan based on approval
Great place to work!
Training Specialist, Organizational Development (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 11, 2015
VHA has a family-oriented culture with lots of employee perks... including covered parking, fitness center, and unlimited beverage stations-- just to name a few.
Strong company values produces great people
Sr Director Enterprise Program Management Office (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 23, 2013
VHA invests in their people and value their work. The culture is very collaborative which enables everyone to work well together.
Pros
Access to senior management, people, culture, onsite gym
Cons
A bit still to siloed within the business but progress is being made.
Many good people but company lacks focus
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TexasJuly 27, 2014
Work load is heavy for some and lighter for others. The company is very top heavy but still lacks strategic focus. There are a lot of great people but the culture needs to change from the top. The best part of the job are the good people there trying to make a difference
Pros
Free coke machine
Cons
Lack of focus
Flexible hours
Architect/Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Free to choose technologies for implementation. Latest .NET technologies used. I got opportunity to redesign and Implement existing application in latest technology and enhanced applications for performance and functionality.
Pros
working hours flexibility
Consultative Sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2014
The primary function of the position was to identify savings through a consultative sales approach with the utilization of the Novation portfolio. A large amount of my times was spent in a relationship management role as well as brokering agreements between the contracted vendors and members.
Great team of highly accomplished executives
PHYSICIAN STRATEGIES AND SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill PAFebruary 2, 2015
Assist healthcare organizations optimize the physician enterprise; in-depth assessment of healthcare organization's strengths and opportunities.
Pros
Great team support, variety of work assignments
Cons
Very large company, worked as a contractor
Temp Contract Assignment (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working for VHA. I was only hired as a contract worker but would love to work for them full-time. - - I was involved with a program that reported to the government and involved hospitals in the U.S.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VHA Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.