VHA Employee Reviews

Be aware....would not recommend
Sales (Former Employee) –  SouthOctober 22, 2016
High termination rate (Sales especially), If they "think" you were gossiping- you are terminated, ethnocentrism, CULTURE = management mind games, paranoia, very unhealthy environment. Psychological hazing in their Boot Camp. Be aware.
Pros
Autonomy when doing your job, sales compensation
Cons
Job Culture, ethnic-superiority, management
Great Job
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 27, 2016
Wonderful Company! Unfortunately I was layed off.
They cared about their employees and paid for training. The benefits were good. The people I worked with were fun and motivated.
Great supportive work enviroment
Business Consultant Field Account Manager (Current Employee) –  SeallteOctober 19, 2016
A typical is visiting store owners,manager and or sales reps. With the owners we will discuss the state of their business IE: month over month numbers 2nd month replenishment. How they can grow their business or work together to solve any issues they may have.

With the Manager we talk about employees, how to help them increase sales how to train and even set up training events for the store. With the sales team we role paly sales scenarios we talk about how to engage with the customers and work on increasing their individual sales.

My management team is great they are supportive and are always available when needed.

I've learned is how to listen and answer questions and how to get my stores to see outcomes with out giving them the solutions.

The hardest part of the job is leaving the company.
the most enjoyable part if the job is working with the stores and knowing that if I have a question or an issue that I have an outstanding team beside me.
Pros
great support, monthly bonuses
Cons
Na
No interaction with other workers.
Temporary Assignment - Accreditation Department (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 22, 2017
This was a temporary assignment, so no advancement was expected. Office environment was tense and no one seemed to notice that I was there. Learned new data system, so that was interesting.
Pros
Not any
Cons
All the above
My typical work day
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 25, 2016
My typical work day consist of helping Veterans or their families with orders or tracking of medication or helping them make appointments , what I've learned from my job here is you get out what you put in , the way you treat others is how you would like to be treated kindness goes a long way, my co workers are supportive, the hardest part of my job is when I get a call that someone has just passed away, the enjoyable part is listening to the older Vets stories
Pros
My supervisor doesnt have to always look over my shoulder
Cons
the chair can hurt
Very fun working with veterans
LDA (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 14, 2016
In the 6 years that I have worked with the VHA I can say that I have never had more fun at my job! I get the opportunity to work with such a diverse population and to also work with all types of medical problems involving each idividual.
Great
Retail - Will Call Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
The Marine Corp Shaped my future and was able to change my life for the better. Because of the Marine Corp I have been afforded opportunities I never thought I Would have.
Pros
Education, discipline
Cons
Strict rules
Educational environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2016
The company has a relaxed atmosphere and culture. The company ensured that as an employee the workplace was enjoyable. The managers were willing to help you when necessary and so did my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing all that needed to be done in the workday. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and when I needed help everyone was willing to help.
Pros
Free snacks, relaxed atmosphere, and open door policy with senior management.
Cons
Fast paced company eager to grow
Human Resources Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAOctober 2, 2012
A typical day at work is swamped from the beginning of the day until the end. Management has preference for certain employees, not treated equally. Majority of coworkers are fun, outgoing, helpful and supportive.The hardest part of the job was the micromanagement; constantly under a microscope and being told what to do even during our lunch and breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the employees, the training provided by the company and camaraderie.
Pros
free lunches, training, profitsharing, benefits
Cons
no time for breaks or sometimes lunch
excelent Place of Employment
Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CANovember 10, 2015
place that you look forward to going to work,
Culture is well balanced of professional and hardworking fun environment.
Great company
Sales (Current Employee) –  LAFebruary 25, 2015
Some companies are not interested in you and some are. VHA is one of those that are, they want you to be the best at what you do and want to be sure you are their for your dealers. I agree with this except for if one does not understand the process 100% by a certain time he or she is not a right fit. I do not agree with that part, they may BE a right fit, it just they may need a bit more time to get to that point. VHA a has a great atmosphere about it and my management team was outstanding. I have learned much since being with VHA.
Pros
Growth potential, great people, great support
Cons
No second chances
Awesome Company
Sales Employee (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAOctober 14, 2015
This company was extremely beneficial to me, and I hope I was for them.

Truly an honor, and I recommend it to others looking to truly make an impact on others.
Master Agent for Sprint
Master Agent for Sprint Prepaid (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I was on the road visiting retail wireless stores and meeting with dealers. There was not much of a work life balance as I was constantly on the road
Great company
Sr. National Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Diamond BarFebruary 20, 2014
Excellent company to work with, great to their employees. I felt that working with them over this past time has been a great learning experience.
Ok
Wireless Master Agent (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAAugust 25, 2014
A good place to grow in experience. There was a lot benefits and opportunities to move up. They could work on HR though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VHA. Our community is ready to answer.