VHB Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
VHB does not care about their people.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 18, 2017
VHB management skillfully paints a very positive picture of their corporate culture and high profile projects, but beneath the surface it is often a heartless place to work. Their marketing department puts forth an exemplary effort in showcasing the firm's multidisciplinary prowess. There are many outstanding performers here and it seems like a happy, productive operation. But when economic challenges prevail, VHB's management has historically abandoned the core values they so strongly asseverated and implemented pay freezes, layoffs and discriminatory culling of staff. Even in good times, employees are expected to attain unrealistic production levels, which results in the regular practice of over-billing clients.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Unrealistic production goals results in over-billing
Overall a good place to work.
Survey Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 30, 2016
VHB overall is an excellent company to work for. good people and co-workers. Management as a whole is competent but my current supervisor does not always provide us with enough information to complete a job thoroughly. it can make a job stressful at times. I have learned the tools necessary to navigate both management and the people that I supervise in a way that allows me to be successful in my position as Crew Chief. I have enjoyed the location I have worked and unique and challenging jobs I have worked on and the co-workers I have become friends with.
Pros
have use of company vehicle as crew chief
Cons
getting proper set up and information for a job
Friendly innovative company with a focus on employee growth and development.
Environmental Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 10, 2015
I've learned an incredible amount from my time at VHB. I've become familiar with local, state and federal environmental regulations and permitting procedures as well as developing skills in construction environmental compliance monitoring and reporting. I've learned a wealth of environmental field knowledge from wetland delineation to field botany and strengthened my soil interpretation skills.