Vi-Jon Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management creates terrible cuture
Material Handling Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOApril 11, 2016
I was working there only a short time before realizing all the problems. The managers have created a "every man for himself" atmosphere through intimidation. The managers believe making everyone work more hours will create a more productive environment, the opposite is true. They make mandatory overtime and weekends where most of the staff is left with nothing to do. Raises occur once a year if, my last raise was one tenth of one cent.
Company is ok to work for, but expect too much for little pay.
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 22, 2015
People I work with out in the warehouse are great, and supportive. Management is chosen not by qualifications, but rather by how much upper management likes them. Expectations are very high, with little compensation. No matter how hard an individual works they will be harassed by management to do more, even though management themselves cannot do what they want you to do. On rare occasions you will get a meal of BBQ or pizza, which is a plus. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Production/Management
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 11, 2015
This is a very bad place to work if you are trying to get a permanent job. Everyone there has a different lie to tell you about why they are not hiring you. They promise you a position then turn around an go behind your back an hire someone younger then you who does not know as much as you do, so if you want to be a temp. for ever this is the job for you.
Pros
some of the workers are great.
Cons
the managers, and supervisors lie!!!
Good place to start out as a first job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 4, 2014
Some people are friendly, some are not. Management could be better. I learned what it is like to have a job and to work hard for what I have. A typical day would be coming in for a 12 hour shift bright and early in the morning where you instantly feel the heat before even stepping on the floor as soon as you walk in and end up sitting in it all day. The hardest part is rework on top of the process of making new product. Also, such straining face/headwear in intense heat can be rather bothersome.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, excessive heat, large amount of ppe to wear
Production Floor
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
My days at work can be easy or hard. I'm a Lead Operator on 2nd shift. I supervise the line while I do my paper work and making sure everybody is wearing the proper PPE. It can be up to 5 people or more on the line. I have palletizers and line workers helping me out to run the line. The hardest part of the day can be mechanical issues.
productive place to work
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 15, 2014
steady, productive place to work with good co-workers. worked with various chemicals to make batches of various products.
entry level at best
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Furgeson MOJune 18, 2014
non consistent hours low pay poor management.... at least while i was there
old warehouse. Some of the people where unprofessional
Packer, Sorter and Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2014
Management was good. Didn't like the work. Hours where good and I also like having weekends off.
Good work with Good People
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 24, 2014
I would recommend this company for people wanting overtime.
waist of time
Packer/Palletize (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2014
hated this job only worked there for the money and because my mother wanted me to work there.
great place to work
Ware house worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis MissouriFebruary 12, 2014
a typical work day is loading and unloading, packing shipments, at a steady pace. making sure orders go out in a timely manner.
Pros
steady work flow
Cons
working too fast
takes up all your time
Line Worker Mouth Wash Bottling and Packaging (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 5, 2014
vi-jon was a ok place to work but working second shift took up my whole day.
fun work place, have many challenges and work with alot of good people
2nd SHIFT PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Plant, TNJuly 5, 2013
Come in and get the last 24 hr production logs so you can report on your down time and your learnings from that down time.
Have learned a lot about the cost of day to day operations we have to set are own bugets up, they sit down with upper management for approval. All of mamagement has made me feel at home here.
All my co-workers are a great group to work with.
The phone calls 3am in the morning then trying to go back to sleep.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with everyone that I work with everyday
Pros
good benefits, work with a lot of good people
Cons
on call 24/7 when you are the manager, production meetings to long 1hr every day
warehouse
Ware house worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles -July 3, 2013
packing, shipping, loading/ unloading materiel or shipment. lifting heavy boxes. keep a steady work flow.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
temp job
Back stabbers
Employee (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 31, 2013
One mistake and they let you go...don't work for them...management does not care about you.
Pros
very little
Cons
management is elitist...they don't care about you.
Boring and Slow
Utility (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 5, 2013
On my side in plastics, Its Slow, Boring and you stand in one spot for 12 hours. minus breaks every 2 hours. If you dont like to think very much this is a job for you.
Pros
20 minute break every 2 hours
Cons
long boring hours
Sucks the life out of you. Very poor place to work.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 27, 2012
This company has a very poor reputation in Smyrna, TN. They put on a good front, when they are trying to hire you, but after you are hired it all changes. They send you home alot due to company errors, machine breakdowns,and poor production scheduling. Management treats you like dirt. Upper management act like they are gods and when they do come out on the floor they are condescending and talk to you like they own you. This company has a tremendous worker turnover due to the way you get treated and the working hours that get cut short w/o pay. If you get sent to work in building #2 it is a disgusting rat hole that no one wants to work in. The working conditions in that building are like they were in the 1920's. Hot, dirty, violate OSHA laws for health, safety, etc. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!! I am a former employee that knows what she's talking about. My new job is 100% better than the one at Vi-Jon.
Pros
clean lunchroom, well lit and secure parking area, security monitored entrance.
Cons
you get sent home w/o pay alot due to their errors, poor working conditions, bad management
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2012
Awesome co-workers, friendly management, suitable work hours.
get work done on time
janitor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2012
very fun hard workers very clean understanding about life homegrown (st. louis) not a chain restaurant

2.7