Vi-Jon Employee Reviews

ViJon
Quality (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 1, 2018
Great place to learn. Management is not great. Communication is not great. Hard work is not valued enough. Other employees are generally nice to work with.
It's a job
Compounding Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 19, 2018
Pretty good place to work in maintenance. Everyone gets along and the work isn't too hard. Some nights are busier than others. Self supervised on off shifts.
Fun Work Environment...Poor Management
Quality Control Chemist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2017
Most days your shift is very relaxed and predictable (not too much out of the norm). The tests and protocols are easy to understand once you get some practice with them. Things are mostly self explanatory.

Management is very relaxed. Sometimes too relaxed. Do not intervene during employee conflicts. Tends to brush confrontation off like it's no big deal. Employee issues just grow bigger and conflicts don't tend to get properly resolved.
Pros
Medical benefits, paid leave, 40 hour work weeks, set schedule, breaks
Cons
Management, salary
cell managers are out of control
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 24, 2017
managers expect all employees to work 50-60 hours a week for $10 an hour and get top quality products out consistently daily within FDA guidelines . Get A Clue!!!!!!
Pros
free company products
Cons
everything
Its a job
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 18, 2017
The job is easy yet repetitive. The pay is lack luster but if you are in need of work fast I would consider this position. Theh ours are good with sometime optional overtime.
Production
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2017
Working in the warehouse was very informative. Enjoyed working with the various departments within the warehouse. I
The hours became to much mandator overtime
Pros
New experiences
Cons
Last minute mandatory overtime work
Boring long days
Warehouse/Line leader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 28, 2017
All you do is stand there and put lids on top of bottles then box the bottles you have to switch job roles with the person down from you. One break on your 8 hour shift.
warehouse
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 2, 2017
It was a steady moving job. You just have to get use to the smell of mouthwash but it was an okay place to work. Weekends off which is very good and nice. But a clean nice place to work.
Stinks
employee (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 21, 2017
Stinks to work here, not a friendly place and no proper leadership. No work / life balance and overwork everyone. I do not recommend this place for a job
Just Ok
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 8, 2017
If you need work it is here. 7 Days a week 10 hour days. Good money but no time to spend it. Watch out with who you hang around. It can hurt you more than you think. Management is rude and only likes the you know
hard work pays off
team leader on various projects (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2017
show up on time
be ready to work
pay is great
must be a team worker
if you work hard it is to move up within the company
paid every week on time
QC lab summary
Method Validation Chemist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TN 37167May 23, 2017
The QC is a horrible work environment. The management are liars and play favorites among the workers. Also, one of the most cliche places I have ever worked for. They will find ANY reason to fire you and will also LIE and add other things that are untrue so to make you look like a worse person so HR will fire you. You will get the LITTLEST amount of training and then they will throw you to drown; you won't even have been trained on everything and you will "be on your own". They do not give time lines as to when things need to be finished and then get an attitude when they aren't done. Also, they will not talk to you or even act like you are there if you are on their "radar", like I said, just like high school. The pay is good however and the benefits are good as well, but I would rather get less pay and work with people who don't act so childish and like they are in high school still.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Difficult life balance
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 6, 2017
The co-workers are nice to work with. It was nice at first but the management is going downhill and no room for advancement.
Pros
Health benefits. Overtime. Vision. Dental. 401K.
Cons
No advancement once at a certain level. Not much time for a personal life
fast-paced enviroment
Production Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 13, 2016
Not a bad place to be employed. Like any place of employment, their are pros and cons. I am a line lead. I am comfortable with my job and do well at my job. I have moved up about as far as I can go and am looking for a job with better benefits.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Health care, benefits
Not a good place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 28, 2016
no matter what you do it is wrong. Nobody wants to help. Management "texts" employee on the floor behind your back. No support.
Poor management creates terrible cuture
Material Handling Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOApril 11, 2016
I was working there only a short time before realizing all the problems. The managers have created a "every man for himself" atmosphere through intimidation. The managers believe making everyone work more hours will create a more productive environment, the opposite is true. They make mandatory overtime and weekends where most of the staff is left with nothing to do. Raises occur once a year if, my last raise was one tenth of one cent.
Company is ok to work for, but expect too much for little pay.
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 22, 2015
People I work with out in the warehouse are great, and supportive. Management is chosen not by qualifications, but rather by how much upper management likes them. Expectations are very high, with little compensation. No matter how hard an individual works they will be harassed by management to do more, even though management themselves cannot do what they want you to do. On rare occasions you will get a meal of BBQ or pizza, which is a plus. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Production/Management
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 11, 2015
This is a very bad place to work if you are trying to get a permanent job. Everyone there has a different lie to tell you about why they are not hiring you. They promise you a position then turn around an go behind your back an hire someone younger then you who does not know as much as you do, so if you want to be a temp. for ever this is the job for you.
Pros
Some of the workers are great.
Cons
The Managers, and Supervisors LIE!!!
Good place to start out as a first job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 4, 2014
Some people are friendly, some are not. Management could be better. I learned what it is like to have a job and to work hard for what I have. A typical day would be coming in for a 12 hour shift bright and early in the morning where you instantly feel the heat before even stepping on the floor as soon as you walk in and end up sitting in it all day. The hardest part is rework on top of the process of making new product. Also, such straining face/headwear in intense heat can be rather bothersome.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, excessive heat, large amount of PPE to wear
Production Floor
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
My days at work can be easy or hard. I'm a Lead Operator on 2nd shift. I supervise the line while I do my paper work and making sure everybody is wearing the proper PPE. It can be up to 5 people or more on the line. I have palletizers and line workers helping me out to run the line. The hardest part of the day can be mechanical issues.