Vi Employee Reviews

Good company to work for.
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 12, 2018
I have worked here over a year and really enjoy the company atmosphere. Management is easy to communicate with and always willing to help if need be.
I really love it here!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 12, 2018
Firstly, all my co-workers are wonderful. Everyone works as a team and really get along well. The benefits are fantastic, especially if you are planning to work on a degree. There are also additional options you can have for things like pet insurance and legal assistance. Management is pretty hands-off, no micromanaging here. Opportunity for advancement is plentiful as well with the management development program.
Pros
Free lunch during day shift, bonus at end of the year, resident to CNA/nurse ratio, base pay
Cons
Night differential
Excellent place to work!
Lead Valet (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 8, 2018
I’ve been with the company now for three years and have grown as a person working for the Vi I’m so great full to my manager and the company for all they do for me and the added bonus of building relationships with our residents puts the icing on the cake! Definitely recommend working here!
Pros
PTO benefits and delisious lunches!
Plan to work here for the rest of my career
RN (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 28, 2018
Focus on training and classes for employees, great benefits, great managers and nice residents. I love coming to work each day. I appreciate the recognition our managers give to me.
Pros
Training, insurance, great 401k, manager
Cons
I can't imagine working anywhere else!
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
I actually enjoy getting up each day to come to work. My role is very fulfilling. The people I work with are friendly, respectful, collaborative and helpful. My manager is extremely supportive. People are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. No place is ever perfect, but this is as good as it gets. There are many employees that have been here over 10+ years and I hope to be one of them someday.
Pros
Endless training/development opportunities, great benefits, inviting work atmosphere and gorgeous locations. Meaningful work!!
Cons
Wish it was closer to where I lived, but aside from that I have no complaints.
Great work life balance; fair compensation; positive work environment
Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2017
A typical day is not typical.
I learned how to work within a well run company.
Management is proactive and not reactive.
Culture is work life balance is valued; treat employees fairly.
Hardest part of the job is moving projects forward when multiple departments are involved.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with smart and nice people.
Awesome place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 9, 2017
Everyone is friendly. Excellent customer service. Resident love living here. Opportunity for advancements. Free CEUS. 401K for part-time employees. They hire the best of the best.
Pros
401K for part-time employees
Cons
No Cons.
Living the dream!
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 27, 2017
A typical day at work doesn't feel like work at all. I am part of an amazing team. We all genuinely like each other. Like friends and family. The hardest part about the job, and working in the senior living industry in general, is watching your residents decline physically and mentally.
Pros
All-staff lunch once a month, the company invests a lot in training, benefits and pay are great.
Cons
We aren't the biggest, but we're the best.
Really good company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, AZApril 14, 2017
Vi at Silverstone was one of the best company i've ever worked for. They have good management team. I felt like family there. Everyone were friendly I especially love their benefit package.
Pros
Good management, friendly staff, good benefit
Cons
need more parking space for employee
Good company
Cook (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 13, 2017
The culture is great and the leadership / management takes the time and interest in you as a person. Makes a difference that people are seen as people, not as a means to an end
Pros
benefits, hours, pay
Cons
become attached to people who live there
Excellent Culture and Environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 13, 2017
Rarely does a company's actions match its mission, but it's true at Vi. The culture is about the people, and it shows. Yes, it is a for profit company, but that is not the sole purpose of the company. The management wants to invest in the employees, knowing that good people will produce good results. It is not like the other "big" senior living companies in the sense that the bottom line is the only thing that matters.
Pros
GREAT benefits, service oriented
Cons
its a 24 hour a day business so the shifts can be odd... like any healthcare job
Wonderful environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 13, 2017
The staff and management at Vi provides a family-like atmosphere for the residents and employees. The training programs both initially and during the course of the job are excellent and provide the tools to succeed in the job. The facilities are beautiful and well-maintained. The employees are kind, hardworking, and passionate. Management is professional and approachable.
Pros
Annual bonus, job growth opportunities, great PTO benefits
fun workplace
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 11, 2017
Its a good work enviroment . Ive learned a lot of things, especially i didnt have much experince before. My communication skills got better and all. Good manangment skills and its just a fun place to work
Love Vi!
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2017
Vi offers a great mission. I love the fact we help senior have a better life. Co-workers are great, benefits are very good and lots and lots of training opportunities. Very caring management team.
Pros
Benefits, training, co-workers, residents
Gretest Place to work
Happy employee (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMarch 23, 2017
This company exemplifies integrity, compassion and excellence. Wonderful benefits and a rewarding work atmosphere are only the beginning. The training and resources can't be beat. Building relationships with our customers is a fun experience that can be valued for years to come. The emphasis on ever increasing service is a joyful atitude that is carried throughout the company. The special clientele( our elders) are always appreciative of every anticipated detail of service we provide.if you love the opportunity to help other people in many ways you will love working here.
Pros
The lunches are provided by a certified chef with a great selection of foods.
Cons
the only CON i can think of is that i did not come to work here years before.
Its a hostile place for new nurses .
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 9, 2017
There is lots of good , and lots of bad things about this place . For new nurses its very unhealthy , discriminatory environment . Bad nursing management with lots favoritism . Its definitely a place with double standards when it comes to who knows who . I will recommend to avoid this place .
Love this Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 18, 2017
I have worked for Vi for almost 4 years now and I LOVE IT!

The Company truly believes in developing the employees that want to be developed. They do expect the staff to work hard and be accountable which I respect.

The work is rewarding and the benefits are amazing. I love the staff appreciation parties, the gift cards at Thanksgiving, the recognition gifts and the countless other benefits we receive.

I feel supported by my team and my manager and I believe that my ideas and suggestions are truly listened to by every member of the management team.

I think if you are someone that wants to give back to the community and be part of a company that provides rewarding work, a great team, awesome benefits and the opportunity to advance in your career, this is the Company you should join.
Pros
Free lunch daily, free life insurance/long term & short term disability, incredible 401k match, excellent PTO plan, and opportunity for growth
VERY Rewarding place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Working at a retirement community can be very fulfilling. It's rewarding to make others happy, especially the elderly. The Vi is pristine and productive all the time. There is always someone on the clock looking out for the residents of the community.
Pros
Free lunch
Avoid this place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2016
Terrible place to work. No support from mgmt. Only care about the " business model". Employee needs ignored. Crisis mgmt on daily basis. Double standards. Highly recommended looking somewhere else.
Pros
Co-workers
Good place to work.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Vi at The Glen's dining department is a very nice place to work. Employees are typically easy to get along with. Management for the dining room is very professional and helpful. The job does come with dental and health insurance for full timers - I did not have either as I was only part time - and 401k for both full and part time. Residents are either a hit or miss - they either like you or they don't - so they can be the worst part of the job, or, along with coworkers, the best. Pays well for the positions offered. Meals provided are cheap in comparison to what is offered.
Pros
Pay, good coworkers and management, friendly residents
Cons
unfriendly residents