Via Christi Health Employee Reviews

great place to work
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 12, 2017
very understanding supervisors there. I absolutely enjoyed working here. best job i ever had. I learnt so much just starting out as a cna. I worked as a cna, a unit clerk then in the lab as a phlebotomist. I loved it.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not very patient with employees
interesting place to work
Radiology Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 9, 2017
Answer phones, make calls out, check patients in and out, request doctors orders file charts, make appointments, schedule patients for future visits and get authorizations
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
leadership
Great Benefits
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 25, 2017
Work can be demanding. Must be a good team player and also able to work independently. A lot of good people there. Had flexible hours. They have good benefits.
great place with many good people
Rep-Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 22, 2017
It was a great place to work til our jobs were OUTSOURCED. Management before that move took place was great. I was treated very fairly and compensated well until that decision was made.
Regular Workday
Quality and Education Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 15, 2017
Work place is high paced but the people make it great. Everyone has their responsibilities and we continuously try to improve. They understand we have a life outside of work.
Friendly Environment
Nutrition Assistant, Dietetics Department (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 27, 2017
Working in this fast paced environment can get stressful at times but the staff is awesome and creates a very friendly and family oriented atmosphere.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, paid time off, holiday pay
Cons
Turn over rate
A good place to work
Director, Mission Integration (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 23, 2017
Lots of changes in the healthcare environment caused a lot of stress on the job. Most people in clinical leadership understood this and attempted to support the employees. Overall, a good place to work.
St. Francis
Registered Nurse- ICU (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2017
Patient to staff ratios could be improved as well as the work environment but are with in the norms. Management does care for the employees and nurses are encouraged to work together for the benefit of the patient.
Good Place
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 6, 2017
Good Place to work for. Management should communicate more with employees. Employees all work together as a team. Via Christi is big on their culture.
Pros
Schedules
Cons
Pay
Awesome
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 22, 2017
VCC is a wonderful place to work. Its not a job when you enjoy what you do daily. We are more like family not just coworkers. This is one of the reasons its so easy to come to work everyday!!
Great workplace
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 10, 2017
The company is committed to their mission of providing healthcare to all who need care, while also providing an environment of support for their employees.
productive steady workplace
Representative, - Service Center , Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 8, 2017
Working for Via Christi is overall a very good job . Although I don't feel the pay is competitive with so much work having to be put into the job title.
Pros
401k, Free lunches, breakes whenever
Cons
pay and doesnt promote from within
not happy with nurse to pt ratio
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2017
The nurse to patient ratio was not satisfactory. typical day consisted of medication administration, assisting with scheduled and emergent procedures, coordinating with respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and all physicians to meet patients specific needs.
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 3, 2017
I truly love my job and enjoy going to work most days. My co-workers are more like family to me than co-workers. I enjoy working alongside the staff to better serve our patients.
Good place for experience
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSApril 29, 2017
Subject to changing patient needs, changing healthcare policy and converage. On call every other week. Great stepping stone for moving on to other more lucrative positions with advancement potential.
Fun place to work family oriented
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 28, 2017
Worked for this company over 25 years, but I relocated to FLorida, Great place, great friends and managers.

Community oriented and with great values, Provided opportunities of growth and education.
Interesting place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 6, 2017
I learned what I want to do and don't want to do in my career The hardest part of my job are young people that have come in code blue. The most enjoyable is to see people go home after being so sick and the differnce when they go home.
`fast pace
Room Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 31, 2017
its a really upbeat job and it requires a lot of energy. it can be stressful just getting around with so many people your working with and of course the patients.
Awesome place to learn and expand.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 24, 2017
In the morning get pt rooms ready for the first patients, greet patients, obtain adult and children vitals, give immunizations, handle phone messages, copy/fax/scan, file, assist in minor surgeries, enter provider orders, perform waived tests, medication refills.
Excellent patient care
Family practice nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  Derby, KSFebruary 19, 2017
Ascension doesn't have experience in the outpatient clinic setting. They are a hospital based company. They also don't have experience with PA and NP providers. NP's are no longer in brochures or on the web sites and are not advertised as providers.
Pros
Excellent coworkers. Close to home.