Via Christi Health Employee Reviews

Fasten your seatbelt
Physician Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 9, 2017
Excellent benefit and compensation package. But unfortunately, wagefreeze in place. VC is in midst of a bumpy transition from a local entity to part of a huge national healthcare system...not a pleasant experience at this time.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Admins get no breaks and minimal lunches. Chained to desk.
Active enviroment for posting.
PFS Rep Patient Accounts (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2017
With little supervision operate computers, phones, copy/fax machines. Labors through work lists, emails, medical records requests. My team is very goal oriented and we help each other to achieve this daily.
Pros
Community Benefit, In house cafeteria
Cons
Enforced reduction
day at via christi
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 30, 2016
Go in at 5am check the census sheet then get round from the girl who works nights and then go check each patient to see if they are ok and then just going from there to see what each doctors need
High stress, daily changes in procedures, charting
Staff/Charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2016
Work revolves around the electronic medical record, not the patient.The relationships on the floor are toxic. The benefits and pay are good.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
14 hr shifts, 15 min breaks, heavy lifting
Terrible Leadership
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2016
I would not recommend this place of employment to anyone. Myself and several co workers we under valued and never considered a voice in program design (like we were told upon hiring). They talked a big talk when they interviewed me about growth and development but once the job started they parked me behind a desk and turned me into a telemarketer, never utilizing the unique skills I brought to the program or my long history of medical exercise. My VP was highly unprofessional and was constantly looking for a scape goat for her failed program, she went as far to micro manage our every 15 minutes of our work day and create a hostile work environment for everyone in the department. Not only did she produce fraudulent numbers to show false program success she also issued false write ups and employee reviews. The worst part was my direct supervisors were so fearful of her they never stood up and defended those who were under their supervision. When I attempted to take a stand I was met with anger, hostility, a false write up and threats of termination. Over the course of 2 months this program lost 3 coaches, 2 nurse navigators and 2 coordinators. This should speak volumes for their lack in leadership and vision.
The employees are great!!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 23, 2016
For everything that is expected the employees definitely don't get enough appreciation. You get overworked and under paid!!! I can say all the employees are great and it feels like family here!
Pros
Free lunches a few times a week
great people to work with
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 31, 2016
would work there again if i move back to kansas, hours were great people were very nice and helpfull to new workers made a lot of friends
Pros
nice building
Cons
lunch was not so good
nutritional assistant
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 25, 2016
I assembled and delivered meals to patients in the hospital, answer the phone and take the patient call in orders, fill upstairs fridges. I learned a lot from working here as far as nutritional diets are concerned.The management here was quite different from what I'm normally use to far as managers are concerned, they were always there to help out wherever they were needed, The staff is really friendly and playful they will make you feel really welcomed and they are eager to help teach you if its something that you don't understand. I really enjoyed my time working here at Via Christi
Great work enviroment
Payment Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2016
Clean, safe environment. Technologically advanced with quiet work stations. Co-workers were enjoyable and inviting.
First step
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2016
First opportunity getting into the accounting field. Learned a lot was an accounting assistance then moved up. Accounts Payable is something every company needs. Starting in this department allowed me to see one of the pieces to the accounting puzzle.
Supportive environment
House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2016
Via Christi is a solid organization to work for. I have had opportunity for advancement throughout my ten years with Via Christi and I have felt supported with my goals.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant, Audiology Tech (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2016
Great place to work, however, it's difficult to move up without spending thousands of dollars in a major degree. The staff and management are very knowledgeable and very friendly.
Pros
Great management staff
Cons
Billing has problems with billing your insurance correctly.
Culture of family
NURSE MANAGER/CLINICAL CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2016
The staff are amazing and it is evident that they care about their patients and each other. Great group of people. Everyday I see true hero's making a difference.
Productive and career expanding place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 17, 2016
Via Christi's Brand Marketing and Communications team was the best job I have had in my professional career in graphic design. I left due to layoffs, not by choice or would have happily retired there.

I developed new skills in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Windows 7.

The management was excellent and promoted a culture of high reliability, personal responsibility and watching out for those who report to them. I've never had a better boss. She was a great teacher and very patient with me. Expectations were clearly communicated and good performance was recognized and rewarded.

The hardest part of my job is when I had to get out of my comfort zone to develop a new skill. Striving daily to meet the standards demonstrated by my peers was motivating.

The most enjoyable was the quality of people I worked with on the team. High integrity and always supportive. Very fun and kept the mood light.
Pros
Excellent benefits, compensation and professionalism
Cons
Layoffs
Hard working, intelligent lab staff; consistently held back by poor managment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 24, 2016
I can honestly say that it has some of the most hard working, yet totally OVER WORKED staff I've ever seen. While I prefer to drive the 20 minutes to be seen at this hospital and the wonderful staff I know there instead of going to closer yet less desirable options, I not only believe, BUT KNOW that they are consistently over worked and treated like they do not matter.

One of the worst lab managers I've ever come to know. Doesn't "remember" any conversations that you may have had in the past, or flat out denys they ever happened.

People who deserve discipline or correction rarely receive any, because he cannot be bothered. And issues that directly affect patient care, are "not priority".
Pros
Staff is hardworking and diligent, genuinely care about their work
Cons
Poor managment
Lives are touched
REP-PATIENT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 30, 2016
I love this company!! This is the second time around for me and I have a blessed place to work my co-workers & I show each other respect and work together as a team.
Nice Place to work
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 29, 2016
We are not micro managed at all, we come in do our work and go home. The coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with the everyday emails that we receive.
Fast work pace...
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at Via Christi, due to the fast work pace. Which I thrive in. Even though this was a PRN position. I learned a lot while I was there.
Pros
Hour long lunch times
Cons
Short breaks
Rewarding Position
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 2, 2016
This position, while fun at times and rewarding, also is a difficult position. The hours are harder to work around and your main age group for patients is geriatrics. Phlebotomy is done in all areas of the hospital to include inpatient beds as well as outpatient and Emergency Department draws. Co-workers were a bit clicky but for the most part everyone got along just fine. The part I enjoyed was getting to know patients and hearing their stories. A drawback to this position is we often have to get in and get out and that makes it harder to establish bonds with patients and for me that patient bond was important. Our management was quite new to not only the hospital but the Phlebotomy/Laboratory field and this caused some tensions because of lack of understanding of the job duties and performance.
Pros
Excellent Cafe
Cons
schedules and evening shift rarely had time for lunch breaks
Worked in accounts receivable, charity write-offs
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 29, 2016
The group of women I had the opportunity to work with was a good group. I was able to help a lot of people that had lost jobs, and was below the federal poverty guidelines take care of their medical expenses. Some of the people were elderly on a limited income. It was a satisfying job helping people.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Some people that needed help did not meet all the requirments for a write-off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Via Christi Health. Our community is ready to answer.