Via Christi Health

Via Christi Health Employer Reviews

Learn something different everyday.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: good learning experience.
Cons: night shift got hard after a while.
A typical day at work would be walking around and keeping yourself visible at all times. I learned alot about drug abuse and what it can do to you. I also learned how to discipline myself when dealing with out of the line people. Management was ok until someone new came in and made things complicated for alot of people. I got along well with my co workers. – more... It was a challenge at fist since I had no Military/Officer experience but I got the hang and earned everyone's respect at the end. The hardest part was seeing people pass away on the hospital bed. Most enjoyable was the things I learned while working there. – less
Caring for the poor and vulnerable
Executive Assistant to the CEO / Office Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2014
The mission and core values are what drew me to work for this company.
Great Food
DIRECTOR, NUTRITION SERVICE (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSOctober 18, 2014
I Love what I did there.I was over the food service department.
great IT team with much knowledge to share.
Application Analyst (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 13, 2014
Pros: work from home if needed, good staff to work with
Cons: healthcare is changing so there is a lot of stress to meet deadlines
Worked with a great team implementing many changes in the IT department. We took 15 different EHR's and rolled the data, workflow and billing into one system in 8 months! We are the largest hospital system in Kansas and the largest of the Ascension Health company. We just went live with Cerner at all of the Hospitals including a 1000 bed, 300 bed and – more... 130 bed. 25 clinics and added many new processes like BMDI, One Chart to help meet meaningful use and the best patient experience. I was able to assist other teams as needed and it was appreciated. – less
Poor management skills.
Communications Operator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 9, 2014
Pros: decent benefits and good co-workers
Cons: too many changes too fast, management is too busy micromanaging to care about patients.
Management is too busy micro managing their employees to do what's best for their customers.
A good company to work for
RDMS, RVT (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 20, 2014
A good company to work for. It is a busy hospital and I enjoy working with fellow employees in all departments.
Financial Counselor
Follow up Financial Counselor Coordinator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 25, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed working with the people in my unity
Cons: management never consistent
Making outbound calls trying to pursue potential candiates to consider state medical coverage. I learned that there is a population that chooses not to have medical coverage. The management was never consistent; the department I served had multiple managers to run the unit I had resided in. The hardest part of the job is to get the community to understand – more... that there was state medical coverage available for thier family. I enjoyed the one on one contact with the clients of which i was able to assist. – less
Small cubical spaces, noisey
Revenue Cycle Information Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 11, 2013
Pros: payroll deducted lunch
Cons: work environment
I typically sit at a small desk working on my documents. The noise from the other 100 people on phones is distracting and makes it hard to concentrate.
Customer Service experience and multitasking
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2013
Pros: very enjoyable environment
Cons: short lunches
It was a very interesting experience for me and you learn a lot. Always had to be up to speed with patients and be able to provide the service they required and answered their questions. Management was very reliable and always kept us up to date. Co-workers were really useful and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet – more... the patients needs and had to transfer call. The most enjoyable part was making the patient happy and knowing you did a wonderful job. – less
A good place to work.
Registration (Current Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 20, 2013
Almost always busy. I learned something new everyday and have the best co-workers.
Okay place to work
RN BSN (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits package
12 hour shifts for nurses. Normally, 1 active labor pt per RN. On postpartum, 3-5 couplets per RN. Most of the work is primary care, there are a few techs that help some with vitals and baby weights. I loved my job itself, hated the massive amounts of paperwork. Immediate management was good.
Many opportunities to learn and grow
RN / Supervisor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 16, 2013
Difficult to gain compensation for high efforts. There are many opportunities to learn. The overall goal for success is a great plan that is often slowly implemented.
done
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: reasonable pay
Cons: too many changes over a short period of time in upper management.
Spent many years at this institution. I had some wonderful experiences and found many friends. It was a sad day when we knew Ecare was not going to be continued and our postions were deleted.
A great opportunity to change lives at the end of life!!
CNA/CMA (Former Employee), Victoria, KSFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: amazing life experience
Cons: the realization that i am only human!
I loved, and thoroughly enjoyed the care I was able to give!! However, it made me realize the capacity of my own giving! For that I am grateful, and regretful!
Nice environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: getting off at 1:30 p.m.
Cons: getting up at 4 a.m.
A typical day at work is showing up at 5 a.m. preparing the doctors lounge for the day and preparing any caterings that need to be done. I have learned to work well with others and to work hard. The managment is great! Also my co-workers are all great and helpful.
Receptive management and enjoyable environment
Work Comp, Disability & MVA Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: good environment overall
Cons: benefits are below average compared to outside companies
My knowledge in specific areas has grown, such as Disability patients and worker's compensation patients. Management is very receptive to getting involved when need be but not micro-managing. I believe the biggest down side of Via Christi is we are being compensated below average compared to outside companies and parallel jobs.