Via Christi Health

Via Christi Health Employee Reviews

Supervisor/Imaging Technician (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 16, 2015
HR/recruiting is only concerned with how you look on paper, not how well you perform. This causes a fairly high turn around rate if they don't scrutinize potential applicants at the department level.
Greaet Place to work
Cerner GO-Live Consultant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 7, 2015
The people here are very well educated and open to change. Well versed in EMR. The system may not be as great but overall I would recommend this job to any one I give it two thumbs up!!!
I learned a lot working at Via Christi Health
LPN, Charge nurse, VC Villages (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 21, 2015
Pros: Learning experience as an LPN, free lunches with the pharmacy's.
Cons: Long hours, short staffed.
I started working for Via Christi Health as a CNA in the resource pool. I was able to work in all of the departments including the ICU's where I learned a lot. I also worked in all of the Wichita hospitals, rehabilitation centers and clinics. I learned a lot working along side the nurses. After I graduated as an LPN in 2013 I transferred to Via Christi Villages to work as a charge nurse in long term care and skilled nursing. I enjoyed my job as an LPN there and learned a lot as a charge nurse. I became really close with the residents there and enjoyed caring for them. I am now in school to finish my RN so I had to give up my full time job there.
good place to work
department coordinator (Current Employee), St. FrancisJune 15, 2015
Good place to work. Not enough opportunity for growth outside of nursing. such a good place its hard to move around. Most management is good a few bad apples
Great people to work with. Poor management.
PC Technician (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 29, 2015
The people in the lower positions are great to work with. But it seems like the management team in Wichita doesn't quite know how to manage their remote sites. They seem to leave them out of a lot of advancement and then are curious as to why the remote sights are doing things differently.
Good introduction to Nursing
Registered Nurse - ICU (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 16, 2015
The hardest part of my job is balancing work life and home life. The unit I work in has been incredible with a great group of people!
its a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Derby, KSApril 15, 2015
no issues, have been employed for 4 years and have zero complaints. I would recommend this job to a friend, or family member.
A very busy and productive working area in the laboratory.
Histology Technician Specialist HT (ASCP) (Current Employee), Wichita, KsFebruary 4, 2015
I currently work nights, I manage the opening of the pathology lab for others to come in and start their day.The hardest part is working nights and sleeping days. I enjoy everything about what I do in Histology and the people I work with are a lot of fun, we definitely work as a team.Labortatory work is very educational; there is always something to do and lots to learn. We practice safety, policies, accredidation requirements and working together achieving daily goals and providing quality work for doctors and the patients we serve.
Someone has to do it...
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee), pittsburg, ksDecember 14, 2014
Pros: paid time off, weekend pay, shift differential
Cons: job culture, underappreciated
I worked in housekeeping at Via Christi. The job itself wasn't usually too terrible. Of course, there were definitely days when it was absolutely disgusting! The pay was okay. The paid time off was probably the best part. The worst part was really the overall attitude. Nobody seemed like they wanted to be there. And a lot of the nurses were so rude and snobby.
Learn something different everyday.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: good learning experience.
Cons: night shift got hard after a while.
A typical day at work would be walking around and keeping yourself visible at all times. I learned alot about drug abuse and what it can do to you. I also learned how to discipline myself when dealing with out of the line people. Management was ok until someone new came in and made things complicated for alot of people. I got along well with my co workers. It was a challenge at fist since I had no Military/Officer experience but I got the hang and earned everyone's respect at the end. The hardest part was seeing people pass away on the hospital bed. Most enjoyable was the things I learned while working there.
Caring for the poor and vulnerable
Executive Assistant to the CEO / Office Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2014
The mission and core values are what drew me to work for this company.
Great Food
DIRECTOR, NUTRITION SERVICE (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSOctober 18, 2014
I Love what I did there.I was over the food service department.
great IT team with much knowledge to share.
Application Analyst (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 13, 2014
Pros: work from home if needed, good staff to work with
Cons: healthcare is changing so there is a lot of stress to meet deadlines
Worked with a great team implementing many changes in the IT department. We took 15 different EHR's and rolled the data, workflow and billing into one system in 8 months! We are the largest hospital system in Kansas and the largest of the Ascension Health company. We just went live with Cerner at all of the Hospitals including a 1000 bed, 300 bed and 130 bed. 25 clinics and added many new processes like BMDI, One Chart to help meet meaningful use and the best patient experience. I was able to assist other teams as needed and it was appreciated.
Poor management skills.
Communications Operator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 9, 2014
Pros: decent benefits and good co-workers
Cons: too many changes too fast, management is too busy micromanaging to care about patients.
Management is too busy micro managing their employees to do what's best for their customers.
A good company to work for
RDMS, RVT (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 20, 2014
A good company to work for. It is a busy hospital and I enjoy working with fellow employees in all departments.
Financial Counselor
Follow up Financial Counselor Coordinator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 25, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed working with the people in my unity
Cons: management never consistent
Making outbound calls trying to pursue potential candiates to consider state medical coverage. I learned that there is a population that chooses not to have medical coverage. The management was never consistent; the department I served had multiple managers to run the unit I had resided in. The hardest part of the job is to get the community to understand that there was state medical coverage available for thier family. I enjoyed the one on one contact with the clients of which i was able to assist.
Small cubical spaces, noisey
Revenue Cycle Information Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 11, 2013
Pros: payroll deducted lunch
Cons: work environment
I typically sit at a small desk working on my documents. The noise from the other 100 people on phones is distracting and makes it hard to concentrate.
Customer Service experience and multitasking
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2013
Pros: very enjoyable environment
Cons: short lunches
It was a very interesting experience for me and you learn a lot. Always had to be up to speed with patients and be able to provide the service they required and answered their questions. Management was very reliable and always kept us up to date. Co-workers were really useful and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet the patients needs and had to transfer call. The most enjoyable part was making the patient happy and knowing you did a wonderful job.
A good place to work.
Registration (Current Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 20, 2013
Almost always busy. I learned something new everyday and have the best co-workers.
Okay place to work
RN BSN (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits package
12 hour shifts for nurses. Normally, 1 active labor pt per RN. On postpartum, 3-5 couplets per RN. Most of the work is primary care, there are a few techs that help some with vitals and baby weights. I loved my job itself, hated the massive amounts of paperwork. Immediate management was good.