Via Christi Health Employee Reviews in United States

CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant, Audiology Tech (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2016
Great place to work, however, it's difficult to move up without spending thousands of dollars in a major degree. The staff and management are very knowledgeable and very friendly.
Pros
Great management staff
Cons
Billing has problems with billing your insurance correctly.
Culture of family
NURSE MANAGER/CLINICAL CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2016
The staff are amazing and it is evident that they care about their patients and each other. Great group of people. Everyday I see true hero's making a difference.
Productive and career expanding place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 17, 2016
Via Christi's Brand Marketing and Communications team was the best job I have had in my professional career in graphic design. I left due to layoffs, not by choice or would have happily retired there.

I developed new skills in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Windows 7.

The management was excellent and promoted a culture of high reliability, personal responsibility and watching out for those who report to them. I've never had a better boss. She was a great teacher and very patient with me. Expectations were clearly communicated and good performance was recognized and rewarded.

The hardest part of my job is when I had to get out of my comfort zone to develop a new skill. Striving daily to meet the standards demonstrated by my peers was motivating.

The most enjoyable was the quality of people I worked with on the team. High integrity and always supportive. Very fun and kept the mood light.
Pros
Excellent benefits, compensation and professionalism
Cons
Layoffs
Hard working, intelligent lab staff; consistently held back by poor managment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 24, 2016
I can honestly say that it has some of the most hard working, yet totally OVER WORKED staff I've ever seen. While I prefer to drive the 20 minutes to be seen at this hospital and the wonderful staff I know there instead of going to closer yet less desirable options, I not only believe, BUT KNOW that they are consistently over worked and treated like they do not matter.

One of the worst lab managers I've ever come to know. Doesn't "remember" any conversations that you may have had in the past, or flat out denys they ever happened.

People who deserve discipline or correction rarely receive any, because he cannot be bothered. And issues that directly affect patient care, are "not priority".
Pros
Staff is hardworking and diligent, genuinely care about their work
Cons
Poor managment
Lives are touched
REP-PATIENT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 30, 2016
I love this company!! This is the second time around for me and I have a blessed place to work my co-workers & I show each other respect and work together as a team.
Nice Place to work
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 29, 2016
We are not micro managed at all, we come in do our work and go home. The coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with the everyday emails that we receive.
Fast work pace...
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at Via Christi, due to the fast work pace. Which I thrive in. Even though this was a PRN position. I learned a lot while I was there.
Pros
Hour long lunch times
Cons
Short breaks
Rewarding Position
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 2, 2016
This position, while fun at times and rewarding, also is a difficult position. The hours are harder to work around and your main age group for patients is geriatrics. Phlebotomy is done in all areas of the hospital to include inpatient beds as well as outpatient and Emergency Department draws. Co-workers were a bit clicky but for the most part everyone got along just fine. The part I enjoyed was getting to know patients and hearing their stories. A drawback to this position is we often have to get in and get out and that makes it harder to establish bonds with patients and for me that patient bond was important. Our management was quite new to not only the hospital but the Phlebotomy/Laboratory field and this caused some tensions because of lack of understanding of the job duties and performance.
Pros
Excellent Cafe
Cons
schedules and evening shift rarely had time for lunch breaks
Worked in accounts receivable, charity write-offs
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 29, 2016
The group of women I had the opportunity to work with was a good group. I was able to help a lot of people that had lost jobs, and was below the federal poverty guidelines take care of their medical expenses. Some of the people were elderly on a limited income. It was a satisfying job helping people.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Some people that needed help did not meet all the requirments for a write-off.
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 10, 2015
This was a good place to work. I gave it low ratings for Compensation and Advancement because it was only a student position.
Hospital
Secretary/Specimen processing/specimen collection (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2015
Atmosphere is that of hospital.
Healing presence
Social atmosphere sometimes good, sometimes not so good.
Some great nurses, some great support personnel. At times it seems there are a lot of changes and then other times there is not a lot of turnover. It is good to have familiarity.
Financial benefits are good. Time off is available when and if there
is coverage. Sometimes that is a difficult thing to work out, need more PRN to cover those times or more regular help to regularly schedule personal time off whether ilness or vacation.
most difficult part of the job is repetitive and not pleasant in order to get positive results.
When all is working smoothly no major catastrophies and not swamped and feeling overworked, breaks go as planned all in a great day at work.
Holiday parties, food and snacks are fun. Lab week or Nursing Week with puzzles, contests and treats. Sometimes too busy to get in on a lot of the fun but it creates an atmosphere. The sisters always deck the halls with some very nice wreaths at christmas time. We have trees on a unit of two decorated for each holiday. A nice touch I think.
Live plants at some nursing stations and maybe a fish bowl. :)
Keeps it from being so cold and impersonal. The violets were lovely!
And Orchids! Sometimes that is a pet project of a nurse or two. Hard to spend so many hours in a place without adding a touch here and there.
A good place to work.
Even the lab used to have live plants. Old unused centrifuge to keep one or two in. Help you get that warm fuzzy feeling while away from your comfort
  more... zone.  less
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Sometimes management needs to step back and take a look before leaping
Working directly with patient is a rewarding job. Most of my coworkers were very caring individuals. Health care is a very necessary and important fi
nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSSeptember 1, 2015
I liked working at Via Christi. Assisting patients to improve is a rewarding job. Coworkers are very supportive. Via Christi had a really nice PTO program which made it nice for vacations or needed time off. I think the salary was comparable for this area.Also they have a good insurance plan.
Pros
dependable working hours, good insurance, PTO plan
Cons
did not always get breaks
fun place to work, loved making people feel good about themselves working in health care or in a call cener.
nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 21, 2015
In the nursing industry I learned how to be more patient, atypical day at work varied some days we were short handed but we always maintained professinal not allowing our feelings of disappointment get in the way of provding excellent customer care as well as taking good care of all resients.

My co-workers were the best team that ive worked with. We always worked as a team and maintained communication developing a strong back bone not only for the residents but for the facility as well.

There was nothing too hard for provding good customer service weather I was emploied as a nurse or in a office, and call center environment.

Im a person that loves getting along with people. The most enjoyable part of my job was listening to the customers issues, needs, and concerns. I was always available on time to take calls makingt sure thatI maintained a dependable work history making sure that our customers can rely on our proffessionalism and my strong attendance making that I can make a poissitive influence as a great team player.
Pros
free classes to earn more pay.
Cons
usually had to cut my breaks short to attend to a emergency issue with my residents
Project Coordinator-HR (Current Employee) –  8200 E ThornJuly 22, 2015
Flexible and friendly. Great people to work with. Helpful and team atmosphere. Leadership is great and the company is going through great change which will be better for everyone.
Supervisor/Imaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 16, 2015
HR/recruiting is only concerned with how you look on paper, not how well you perform. This causes a fairly high turn around rate if they don't scrutinize potential applicants at the department level.
I learned a lot working at Via Christi Health
LPN, Charge nurse, VC Villages (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 21, 2015
I started working for Via Christi Health as a CNA in the resource pool. I was able to work in all of the departments including the ICU's where I learned a lot. I also worked in all of the Wichita hospitals, rehabilitation centers and clinics. I learned a lot working along side the nurses. After I graduated as an LPN in 2013 I transferred to Via Christi Villages to work as a charge nurse in long term care and skilled nursing. I enjoyed my job as an LPN there and learned a lot as a charge nurse. I became really close with the residents there and enjoyed caring for them. I am now in school to finish my RN so I had to give up my full time job there.
Pros
Learning experience as an LPN, free lunches with the pharmacy's.
Cons
Long hours, short staffed.
good place to work
department coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. FrancisJune 15, 2015
Good place to work. Not enough opportunity for growth outside of nursing. such a good place its hard to move around. Most management is good a few bad apples
Great people to work with. Poor management.
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 29, 2015
The people in the lower positions are great to work with. But it seems like the management team in Wichita doesn't quite know how to manage their remote sites. They seem to leave them out of a lot of advancement and then are curious as to why the remote sights are doing things differently.
Good introduction to Nursing
Registered Nurse - ICU (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 16, 2015
The hardest part of my job is balancing work life and home life. The unit I work in has been incredible with a great group of people!
its a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Derby, KSApril 15, 2015
no issues, have been employed for 4 years and have zero complaints. I would recommend this job to a friend, or family member.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Via Christi Health. Our community is ready to answer.