Viacom Media Networks

Viacom Media Networks United States Employee Reviews

Creative Organization
SVP Human Resources (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Organization in translation. Talent strategy evolving and shifting culture. Creative environment effected by changes within the industry and media landscape
Work your a** off, but got potential to learn and grow
Product Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
As is everywhere, it all depends on where you land at the company.
I've been fortunate to report to a passionate and smart boss, whom I've learned a lot from. It's great to be part of a global company. You get to work with internal customers domestically and internationally and see your work out "in the wild" (consumer-facing)

Overall work environment is good: renovated floors, ping pong table, free sodas (no free food, though).
No good work-life balance, however, and the salary doesn't match market.
Productive work and life balance- everyone works very hard
Sales Service Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Viacom is a great place to work, I would tell anyone who asked.

My co-workers are great, i have made real friends here at Viacom. I have learned skills that will stay with me for the rest of my career!
An engaging IT department
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
A day at Viacom's Service Desk entails:

Dealing with many phone calls for troubleshooting assistance or tracking requests.

Updating older requests.

Overtime, I've learned about many systems I had not encountered before and how to triage those systems, effectively, for the next level of support.

It is hard at times to juggle the assigned responsibilities as changes or holidays may result in an influx of calls/request.

Working here, I take joy in knowing that my work helps other departments contribute to Viacom's mission.
Great atmosphere to learn! Would definitely work here again.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Great atmosphere to learn! Would definitely work here again.
Productive and great place to work
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 29, 2014
The people working at Scratch are brilliant and very fun. It was a great place to intern because everyone was so fun and inclusive. A lot of great work gets done. I got to work on well known projects and I felt like my voice was being heard.
Fantastic Culture
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
Viacom is a fantastic culture that allows for creative minds to thrive. I look forward to coming to work every day and love the people that I work with on a daily basis. Unfortunately, the toughest aspect of my job is my commute into the city every day. The commute has inclined me look for options closer to my home.
Fun enviornment
Sales Service Executive (Former Employee), NYCNovember 18, 2014
High work volume, but great place.
Long days at work and room to grow.
Fun young environment and high energy
Sales & Marketing - Viacom (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: attending viacom events, industry knowledge
Cons: no cons
-collaborate with sales, marketing, inventory, and pricing
-build media plans
-launch and track campaigns
-meeting new clients
-taking clients to Viacom events
-great coworkers who are happy to help train and assist with your campaigns
Creative & Fun Place to work
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to Group President and CEO (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: office location
Great people, Great Brands.
Creatives create.
Interaction with all levels
Great Work Environment
Production Accountant-Senior Production Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: still thinking about that one.
I loved my job. The work was challenging and the people were wonderful. If I could find the same job, I'd be extremely happy.
it was great
Manager, Digital Encoding Services (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Oversaw the 24/7 day-to-day operations of the Digital Encoding Services department for Viacom Media Networks, managing a staff of 15 employees. DES is the digital archiving and distribution facility within Viacom responsible for digitizing and distributing television content for broadcast and multi-platform use.
Strategic and Team Oriented
Planning Director- Viacom Media Networks (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: teams, people, industry events
Cons: communication between regions can be improved
My tenure at Viacom was extremely educational that allowed me to grow even more in my career. The environment is team oriented, values strategic thinking and rewards hard work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all my key clients to further grow their business. To create a true partnership to further their brand impact in the marketplace

My coworkers were smart, fun, hard working and team oriented. They were willing to help even if not asked to ensure that the team accomplishes its goal.

My management was support, smart and dedicated. They valued team and hard work. The made sure I received all the support necessary to do my work well.

I learned to fine tune the art of negotiating, sales processes, different communication strategies, building deeper relationships, critical and analytical thinking.

The hardest part of the job was to work within the confines of our capabilities. Within TV, Digital, Mobile, etc there is only such much we can offer which at times limited how strategic and creative you could be.
Fun and Supportive place to work
Production Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
Viacom provides a lot of benefits for their employees, as well as plenty of opportunities to improve on your skill set.
Amazing place to work, great atmosphere and great people.
Content Distribution Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
* Fast paced environment, always something to do
* Understanding co-workers, always willing to explain
* Great perks, coffee and lunch covered, cab home when working late
MTV
Coordinator (Standards) (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2014
Working for Viacom has been amazing over the years! The company, the people, the brand, the culture, what's not to like, such a great place to work!
Fun & Collaborative Work Environment with Great Co-workers
Production Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2014
Fantastic culture and great people with greater minds. Love working at Viacom.
Viacom is improving...not there yet!
Director, Client Planning & Strategy (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2014
Viacom is a traditional media company and as one still operates that way. Information is hoarded by management and does not get disseminated down. Focus is never on the future but on the immediate operating quarter.

However, with that said; on most days it is an enjoyable place to work. The products can be enjoyable to sell. And when left alone by management, work actually gets accomplished.
Fast Pace work environment and great energy.
Brand Creative On-Air Design and Animation Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Learned a lot about the entertainment industry and about the goals and culture of Viacom Media Networks.
a large company that valued hard work and provided a fun atmosphere
Software Trainer (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 6, 2014
Most days are spent sitting at your desk processing requests. While I was there we launched a new software system. unfortunately not everyone was properly trained. The best part of this job was the HR department tried to keep everyone happy with monthly activities for the office including a happy hour, game night and office olympics.

Viacom Media Networks Salaries