Viacom Employee Reviews

Media
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Exciting media environment with a lot of areas of growth. Learned the media world from the bottom up and gain valuable experience.
Open environment that encouraged and welcomed new ideas.
MTV2 Production Department Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2015
A typical workday revolved around me arrive to the internship and collaboration with other interns on assignments and group projects.
Good learning but with work pressure
SharePoint Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good Learning, Friendly culture
Cons: Everything is urgent here
It's a good company if you want to learn in IT industry. Everyday you face new challenges but most of the times it has too much work pressure.
Always Ready for Change...
Manager Media & Technology Services (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: Training & Education...
Cons: Using your vacations and taking time off...
A typical day at work will start with checking with my team and our ticketing system learning and creating new process working with the management servicing our clients for that location for all VIACOM Businesses... The hardest part of the day is trying to leave on time as my co-workers were always ready to step-up when needed and the best part about working was discussing our strategy to work smarter and being more productive...
A driving force in media with long-standing emphasis on company culture
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: Creative environment
Cons: Big organization
Viacom is wonderful place to be immersed in every imaginable aspect of the media landscape. The people there are incredibly interesting and creative -- hiring the right types of talent has been a priority there for decades. And the work I did there was always challenging.
Good, fun, creative
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: Paid lunches, annual bonus
Cons: None
I enjoy what I do because it allows me to learn new things and adapt to ever-changing technology. My manager allows me to grasp new techniques to improve upon my own skills and train others.
A great multimedia company
VP, Client Architecture & Operations (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.May 26, 2015
Pros: Location, healthcare, tuition assistance
Cons: None
Viacom is a great company to work for with many opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with talented individuals that took their jobs serious and cared about the products that they produced.
Semi-hipster gig, crazy producer, not enough $ to go around though.
Freelance Story Producer, "Pimpeando" (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Got to experience a bit of the TV production world.
Cons: Producer stressed out the majority of the staff, pay was on the low end.
It was interesting to work for the producer but he was very much a type A personality and always ended up rewriting the material I provided. I was hired for my knowledge of the local lowrider car culture but that went out the door when the producer "hipped it up."
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: None
It was ok i worked on a lot of private projects it was a great experience for me just coming out of college. I would have definitely stayed if I could have afforded to intern for 9 months,
Good life/work balance
Data Warehouse Analyst/DataSteward (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good life/work balance
Cons: n/a
Good life/work balance. Professional, intelligent co-workers.
A typical day is spent managing and verifying data.
I learned the importance of clean data. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the position is tracking down errors made in the entry system and working with the producers and users to eliminate said errors
Great Atmosphere and good learning experience
Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
A typical day at Nick Digital was always exciting and something new. Learned a lot about developing content for online and for apps. Always work to be done. great environment with great people.
Laid back place but no focus on software development.
Application Developer (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: very laid back
Cons: No interest or focus on investing in software developer
The work place is very laid back many go to work in shorts and sandals but there doesn't seem to be any focus on software developers. Something Viacom needs with its competitors advancing in VOD platforms.
Viacom
IT Buyer (Current Employee), Franklin, TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules, lunches and treats provided often
Cons: Company doesn't reward good employees, Reviews and compensation are very poor.
Chould be a GREAT company to work for, very poor management, poor directions, poor business model. Waste too much money, areas are too independent and run as they want to very poor focus.
Very nice place to work
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJApril 5, 2015
- all co-workers are very professional and fun to work with
- good compensation
- very good benefits
- over all, its a good place to work with
Great atmosphere, Company underappreciated the department
Digital Media Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Lack of benefits and resources
I loved my coworkers. The people made it easy to come into work everyday however, however the resources and attention given to our department had an effect on morale.
Fun and relaxed environment
Communications/ Publicity Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free screenings, food, talented individuals
Great place to get exposed to the wonderful world of media/ entertainment industry! College relations team is extremely helpful and help you network with people across all departments.
Everyday, I want to tell everyone that my job is AWESOME!
Tax Compliance Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Great company culture, it will surprise you in so many ways. People are so kind and hard working. There are so many great events and open bar, parties for everyone.

The location is great too, easy commute, great views. You will feel your job is awesome if you work at Viacom.
n/a
Senior Manager Sales Application Development (Current Employee), nyc, nyFebruary 16, 2015
Oversee the buy vs build assessment for sales business applications which processes over 4 billion dollars in yearly revenue and manages network signal launches. Lead all day-to-day operations of sales applications and support staff.
Exciting and Challenging Work Environment
CMT Press Intern (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Viacom provides valuable work experience to college /masters students. The staff is very engaging and makes an effort to ensure that a strong learning environment is present to prepare students for future endeavors in the industry.
Great atmosphere to learn! Would definitely work here again.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Great atmosphere to learn! Would definitely work here again.