Viacom

Viacom Employer Reviews

n/a
Senior Manager Sales Application Development (Current Employee), nyc, nyFebruary 16, 2015
Oversee the buy vs build assessment for sales business applications which processes over 4 billion dollars in yearly revenue and manages network signal launches. Lead all day-to-day operations of sales applications and support staff.
Exciting and Challenging Work Environment
CMT Press Intern (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Viacom provides valuable work experience to college /masters students. The staff is very engaging and makes an effort to ensure that a strong learning environment is present to prepare students for future endeavors in the industry.
Great atmosphere to learn! Would definitely work here again.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Great atmosphere to learn! Would definitely work here again.
Talent Producer
Entertainment Correspondent Talent Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
creative, productive,, friendly co workers, I enjoyed working there really good place to develop and learn.
Viacom was a great place to work for 8 years
Multiplatform Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, nice perks, fun environment
Cons: a lot of repetitive tasks, hard to get promoted
I worked with a great team at VH1 and was very happy there for 8 years.
Cool place to work
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Many perks including free coffee and soda bar on every floor. You just might meet a celebrity in the elevator and compensation is pretty fair. Atmosphere can be competitive, but the work facilities are nice.
Very nice lunch cafe with gourmet foods. Also,cool coffee bar with professional baristas.
Times Square location is the best, just walk out for lunch and you are in the middle of everything.
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant - Financial Analysis and Taxes (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 28, 2014
A typical day was very busy and I learned to pace myself and how to create balance between work and personal life.

I truly enjoyed my management team and I had some of the best co-workers on my team.

I found the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day and leaving work at work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things in the television business, how to make ratings become money, how to work with different people, and the parties.
Great corporate culture
Senior Director, Operations - Shared Services (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: very progressive, employee-focused
Cons: the food in the lodge could be better
Viacom is a great place to work. They really focus on the employee and provide a lot of great benefits. The company is very progressive and forward-looking, keeping up with the latest technology and trends.
Fun filled workplace
Creative Services Motion Media Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Fun place to perfect a trade while also building a portfolio. The co-workers are kind. The most enjoyable part is never knowing who you may bump into in the elevator.
fun to work in the radio industry
Account Executive marketing & sales (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: got free concert tickets.
Cons: 7 day work week.
challenging job, 7 days a week, meet business owners and learn how to grow there business with radio advertising.
Productive and fun workplace!
DIGITAL PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: short breaks and healthcare.
A typical day at work was fun, informative and face paced. My supervisor was awesome. She taught me a lot about the job and always encouraged my creative skills. I loved that there was not specific dressed. That always helped me feel comfortable.
Manager of Financial Systems
Manager of Financial Systems (Current Employee), New York CityOctober 8, 2014
I have played a role for many years to administer financial applications, server as a liaison between the finance and IT teams. I have managed many large projects and served on steering committees to implement new applications and build better processes and provide support to the stakeholders. I have worked with Senior Management across many levels to understand their requirements and meet their timelines.

I have managed and administered many Hyperion products (Essbase, HFM, Planning and Enterprise) and integrated these applications with many different source systems like (SAP, Khalix, JD Edwards and Oracle) to build a tight process to load data and provide information to team members on time. I have worked around many processes and successfully in many of my positions consolidated the close time from many days to a 4 day close. I have a proven track to meet tight deadlines and build a solid process around any application and meet all SOX requirements
Fun environment but not much growth
Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: fun, creative, young, energetic, great benefits, summer fridays, no dress code
Cons: salaries are not competitive, career advancement is sporadic and not guaranteed, lack of leadership training and management
As an 8 year employee, I can say I have met some of the best colleagues, mentors, and friends at Viacom. It's a building and environment you enjoy walking into every day. Nobody breaths down your neck to punch a clock so you have freedom and some flexibility with time.
I live for summer Fridays and there are great parties and staff events year round.
The Management style fluctuates from being too lenient and disorganized to micro-management. There is a corporate transition at Viacom, however each individual channel strives to keep their network identity within their infrastructure.
Hardest part of the job is the hierarchical nature of the company and the decision making process. Everything has to go up the ladder before moving forward with the work. this can be frustrating and employees tend to be undervalued and underutilized

I wouldn't be here 8 years later if it wasn't a good place to work, however, once you're ready for growth, more often than not, you have to leave the company.
Back in the Saddle Again
Exec Dir of Sales, Dir of Sales, West Region (Former Employee), Folsom, Ca.September 29, 2014
MY Favorite job and and all the people ...

there was never a hard day there at all ... We all were having doing work we loved and working and with people we loved ...

My most enjoyable part of working there ...Everything.
Viacom
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), santa monicaSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, events, perks, culture, all amazing
Cons: hours and compensation, pressure, support
Great culture, great people, tough work, lack of management support additional training needed.
Corporate But Somewhat Individualistic
Production Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day at work is not quite "typical" at all. In the wonderful world of production each day to day tasks varies, whether office work is required for an extended period of time or production travel. I've learned a ton in relation to production, i.e. technical skills, time management, communication skills, planning, and production delivery.
The experience was great and it's a great company to work with.
Freelance Associate Producer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: amazing staff/crew, prompt, and real team players.
Cons: the bet experience is only a week long!
I worked for Viacom's "BET Experience" two years in a row and each time was amazing. I started as Production Assistant the first year. The second year I worked I was an Associate Producer with my own crew. The producer didn't show so they allowed me to prove to them I could produce and handle the task. The footage from my team was used the most. The guys I worked with, on the my team, were awesome and professional. All and all, the entire staff for the BET Experience was professional, quick, and open minded. I would love to work with any one of Viacom's stations.
Productive and fun place with job work/life balance pretty good
Front End Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great perks overall
Cons: ?
A wonderful atmosphere to concentrate on work related stuff, with a great culture of group/team effort.

Management understands the needs of employees and grant ocassional work from home requests.

I strongly recommend this place!
Very good work environment
Onsite Senior Technical consultant and coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
It was a very good experience.The was a lot of scope of innovation in terms of requirements.
The Client is very much inclusive of whatever input you have and always ready to accept in case of technical challenges.

It was real fun working for Viacom.
Productive work place
Account Coordinator, Legal Billing Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
People are not only friendly, but really go out of their way to help you with anything that you need. I love my team, they have supported me in every way regarding my personal life and career. They have a great work/life balance.

1 2 3 4