Viacom Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, but lacking in employee benefits
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
Need to offer more staff based jobs for long time employees. Workplace culture is fun and exciting. Lots of parties to attend. Hours are very doable.
Best Internship of My Life
Human Resources Intern, Campus to Career (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
I am a huge fan of Viacom's brands and working there made me feel like all my dreams had came true. Everyone at Viacom is really nice and personable, they genuinely care about you and how you are doing and anything they can help you with. The team I worked on made me feel at home and cared about even as an intern. As an intern I felt that I was making a difference within their department with the work that I helped with. My experience at Viacom really changed my outlook on my personal life and career.
Great place for career growth
Sales Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
WOrked as a Sales Ops intern. Learned a lot from my team and got to do informational interviews. Many networking events and fun comapny events to take part of
Productive and fun environment to work in
Commercial Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2017
great work to life balance, managers are open helping you learn new things and facilitating your career advancement. the company provides great benefits, as as well a resources to further develop your brand.
Great culture and strong work/life balance
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 25, 2017
I have worked at Viacom in Hollywood for over a year and love it. Super fun and collaborative culture, cool brands and a nice work/life balance. Always evolving which makes it the kind of place that is never the same day twice. And did I mention the espresso machines and fruit-infused waters? :)
Pros
Free snacks, gourmet coffees, bbqs and happy hours, co-workers
Cons
entertainment doesn't pay as well as other industries like CPG
Compelling work, long hours.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2017
It's a very active job that keeps you on your toes and involved in the project at hand. While exciting it has very long hours. Overall it was an exciting experience.
Fun/Competitive work environment
On-Air Promotions Director - MTV Networks (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
MTV is a great young place to work. I've been with the promos department over ten years and every time critics try to write us off we find a way to reinvent ourselves.
Good company
Client Service Representative- Direct Response (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
Good company with good benefits. nice place to work, It offers a lot of paid time off and company perks which is nice. Nice people overall, nice offices.
Pros
benefits/pto
Cons
internal mobility
Viacom
Invoice Monitoring Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 6, 2017
Viacom has a wonder lax work environment. Coming into work every weekday was not stressful and could work at your own pace which was very beneficial. Management and staff were always pleasant and always available to assist you when needed.
I learned a lot more about time management plus more about invoicing which was a aspect I did not learn at my previous employment.
The most difficult part was the staying organized since it is easy to redo an invoice. But the most enjoyable aspect was the atmosphere Viacom created. It created a work space where I wanted and enjoyed coming into work!
good intern place
motion intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
A good experience for internship while you are still in college. People are really nice there and you learn a lot if you talk to more people and embrace the environment.
A fun and diverse place to work
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
As a scrum master for the mobile apps team, I'm in charge of facilitating the scrum rituals for both the iOS and Android platform. Most of my team is in either Italy, Poland, and Germany. As a result, of the team mostly being in Europe, I travel quarterly for PI planning, so the team is prepped for each quarters work. My main goal for the team is to encourage them to be self-organized. For example, I motivate the team to communicate across the platforms, so there is parity for the technical solutions.

It is a good place to work, but I've noticed the management is a bit disorganized. In addition, the company has been reorganized a few times and there was the threat of a merger. It seems the company is not as secure as I would have hoped.
Pros
Good benefits and perks
Cons
Disorganized management
Fun place to work and learn.
Velocity, Project Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 26, 2017
Loved my internship experience there.
Good place to learn and grow.
Direct communication with supervisors as well as higher management.
I would definitely recommend this place to intern.
The company has a good reputation of hiring interns as full time employees.
A good place to work
Network Television Production Accountant/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2017
My experience at Viacom/Paramount Pictures was a good one. Their expectations were high, but it was an opportunity to learn a lot. They always allowed you to try something new.
Productive fun place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 16, 2017
Viacom is a good place to work, there is community service that is done every year, other activities are provided for fun throughout the year. Benefits are good.
Pros
Get to attend the CMT awards for free
Cons
No room for advancement
Great environment / equal job opportunity company/ invest on talent
Consultant, Consumer Insights & Analytics (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 4, 2017
Great company with great environment. Open to new ideas and up to date with new trends, technology.Great teamwork, the management has great respect to their employees
Pros
Free breakfast on Mondays, great cafeterias areas
Cons
Parking for employees is not in the same building
Tellemarketing/Outbound Calling Center
Empereon Marketing (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 4, 2017
Outbound calling center offering cable services and upgraded premium channels to new and current customers. Expected to hit daily goals. Professional dress code required.
Fun place to work!!
ACCOUNTING/CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2017
I love to work here. The entertainment business was fun and interesting. The work was not as hectic as non profit work.
I met many of my friends there.
Pros
Fun trips and good benefits
Cons
office politics
Consumer Products Intern
Consumer Product Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2017
Love love love this company! Such a big company but the teams are small and personal. My supervisors wanted me to do nothing but learn with my time there.
Fun Internship Program
Animation and Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
I went here for an internship program. The company itself is really well maintained and organized. I learned a lot in my internship but I wish the program kept a better handle on supervisors of interns because my supervisor during the program was not great at all. Other than that, fun place to work.
Productive environment, helpful team, organized, laid back environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
Best job I've held to date, I learned a lot, I was doing work that held my attention and that I had a genuine interest in, always had enough time to complete all that was asked of me, and there was always help around if needed.
Pros
Great team, manageable workload, organized environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viacom. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2