Viaero Wireless Employee Reviews in United States

local and secure
Cellular RF Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 14, 2016
Great job with good benefits. Great working conditions with interesting day by day activities. company provided transportation and plenty of overtime
Pros
local and secure
Cons
None at this time
High demands with terrible training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Morgan, COJuly 26, 2016
Expect to work long hours and not be at family events very much. Leaving "on time" is frowned upon so dont expect to go home on time. The initial training is decent but after your first week you are pretty much left to keep the customer waiting and figure everything out on your own. The demands are high for the pay which is 12$.
If youre looking for a job, look elsewhere. This companies morals are were stashed away a long time ago in a money vault.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Family/Work balance for the pay, bad training, lots of rude 'help and support' employees.
Enjoyable work environment
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, CO 80701July 27, 2016
I worked in the call center so, very different from being in the store... Management is great and more than willing to work with you when things come up. Pot lucks every month, pop corn machine in the break room, great people to work with.
Pros
Free phone and unlimited service
Cons
Hours are based on shift-bids
a day in the life
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 31, 2016
high level stress position. Very poor communication between everyone. They expect you to spend day and night working and not spend time with family. Frowned upon if attend family/kids events.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
high stress, poor communication between everyone, no life/work balance
Fast Paced Work Environment, Demanding Excellence
Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2016
Hard working company that expects timely results. Accountability is upheld consistently. Must be willing to work long hours and significant travel between market locations required.
Pros
Great employee benefits & fair compensation
Love my job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 15, 2015
Every company has it's ups and downs, but at the end of the day, Viaero is a hard-working company full of people who are very passionate about their jobs and who are very loyal to our owner.

From day one, I was given training and all the tools I needed to do my job. I was also respected by my manager for my skills and experience, and was able to begin contributing to the team immediately. I.T. rocks, and they are always there to support those of us in the field.

I am proud of Viaero's mission, and have seen so much forward progress in my 4 years here with regard to products and services, practices and policies, and management.

I'm looking forward to seeing us continue to grow!
Pros
free phone and service; great insurance benefits; excellent products and services
Ok place
Customer Service/Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 13, 2016
Viaero was an ok place to work. I really liked my co-workers and didn't mind the work. Didn't always like company policies when dealing with customers.
Fostered an environment of paranoia and insecurity; liked to shuffle through as many employees as possible and not retain or train employees
Store Manager and RSA (Former Employee) –  holdrege, kearney, neFebruary 2, 2015
This company basically treats employees like garbage once they have used them to their benefit and find no more use for them. Turnover there is horrible but the product they try to sell is substandard. The management is just a group of suck up asskissers. Sorry I wish I had better things to say about this company.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
unreasonably quotas; paranaoia and insecurity (always felt you were going to get fired)
constant work, family atmosphere, just fun to climb and hang in the air
Tower Climber (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 1, 2015
A day at work consisted of constructing new cell cites from the ground up and installing fibers and hardware necessary to turn site on. over my time I've learned how to properly construct and conduct all matters of the tower in a timely and safe manor. my co-workers quickly became close friends seeing how i was with them 5-14 days at a time in hotels and working 60-80 hour weekly shifts with them day in and day out. Hardest part of the job was without a doubt the physically demanding climb and workload we had at all times.
Although at the same time just climbing hundreds of feet in the air with your friends was worth the pain.
Pros
having to figure out problems on your own.
Cons
Ice, Snow, Rain, High winds
Productive Place With Great Employess
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 25, 2015
Every customer I dealt with was different and had different needs. I loved the challenge of trying to figure out what plans and devices would best fit their everyday needs.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Wouldn't let me work extra hours
Stay far, far away
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 20, 2012
I didn't think companies like this really existed. Executive Leadership is easily the most incompetent group of "leaders" I have ever dealt with. The culture of the company is toxic. They maintain an average of 100% employee churn...which means they go through their entire workforce once a year....
Pros
a few good people work there
Cons
just about everything....the product, the service, the leadership...
Great Advancement Opportunities
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan CoJuly 30, 2015
Stressful to work under the quota system they have set up because you don't know if the next month not meeting quota if you would have a job, but this community has great bonus opportunities, great pay, the manager in my territory was not the greatest but there were some really good ones.
Pros
Sales bonuses
Cons
Quotas were too high sometimes
Regional carrier
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2015
Viaero Wireless is a regional carrier that mainly covers Colorado and Nebraska. Viaero primarily covering small towns throughout these states. A typical day consist of the hiring, coaching, training and the development of our retail sales teams. Tracking key metrics, setting sales goals, while inspecting our expectations.
Pros
Very mature staffs without much turnover.
Cons
Primary small towns with a slow pace
Inadequate Training Environment that lacks Leadership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North PlatteSeptember 11, 2014
Viaero Wireless is a regional wireless company based out of Fort Morgan, Colorado which uses a HSPA network they consider to be 4G but FCC considers it a 3G company. They're roaming partners are T-Mobile and AT&T. The company has been in existence +30 years but never exceeds Colorado and Nebraska.

The Hierarchy consists of 53 Managers, 7 Territory Managers, 2 Regional Managers and 6 Vice President's besides the CEO and Owner. Under each managers reign depending on location consists of 2-6 R.S.A.'s (Retail Sales Associates).

Store Manager Job Description:

• Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
• Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
• Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
• Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
• Keep records of purchases, sales, and requisitions.
• Enforce safety, health, and security rules.
• Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to assess the condition of each product or item.
• Hire, train, and evaluate personnel in sales or marketing establishments, promoting or firing workers when appropriate.
• Perform work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and selling merchandise.
• Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for their department.
• Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
  more...
• Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time cards.
• Review inventory and sales records to prepare reports for management and budget departments.
• Plan and coordinate advertising campaigns and sales promotions, and prepare merchandise displays and advertising copy.

Don't expect sales to happen or walk through the door like big box companies. One of the major requirements for this position is to be actively involved within the community. When your not acquiring sales, you'll be asked to commit to outside sales and B2B to continuously drive business to your location.

There is no training program in place for RSA's or Store Manager's. Store Manager go through a S.M.I.T. (Store Manager in Training) course for 3-months but only visits a total of 1-2 weeks. The course is center focused on individuals/stores and not related to managerial responsibilities. Aside from this RSA's are not given adequate training from store manager's due to lack of training material and rely mainly on other co-workers to assist in their progress.The Training Department tries to accommodate the needs to be a better salesperson but they're not quite to the expectations you would expect from other major companies. Majority of the training consists of Emails, Conference Calls and Webinars. When new product came out you were given a price tag a few specs and told to go sell it.

This all changed when I came aboard and nominated by former Vice President of Sales and Marketing to organize a Tech Team that would ultimately change the position of cultural adherence and advance in new and existing product knowledge. The Tech Team became the backbone for training all employees throughout the company from RSA-Store Manager-Territory Manager-District Manager-Vice Presidents-etc..We were the ones that new about the problems before they existed and were able to teach the ways to prevent the risk.

But, like all former employees will agree the management team uses you only to take your ideas and rids you when you are no longer needed. The company has had so many departures from executives to RSA's nobody knows who actually runs the company and the leadership of the hierarchy has slowly fallen apart due to minimal experiences and conflicting work habits has altered the direction the company is going. Many believe the owner is getting to old or misguided and considering selling the business to a Top-5 Wireless company. Either way, the company needs a major redesign and needs to be focused on future endeavors.
Pros
unlimited data services, competitive pricing
Cons
salary-long hours, under-paid, benefits-good for colorado employees only, lack of promotion, inadequate training, lack of leadership
Great field to work in
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan ColoradoMay 30, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working for Viearo, and learned the basic skills required to be a tower technician. Such as installing RF antennas, dish's, jumpers, fiber, DC, grounding for Huawei, cut's and path's for upgrading 3G-4G, assembling/dissembling rigging and hoist system's, hoisting and mounting antenna's, dish's, DC, fiber, mounts, tool's, use of safety climb, 100% tie off, fall arrest and positioning lanyard's, proper commands for hoisting up/down/stop, repairing DC light units, air leaks and various other alarms, assembling dish's/ antenna's, use of torque wrenches and various other tools
Management for the most part were involved when clarification and approval of work was needed.
Co-workers were good team players and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was location.
The most enjoyable part of the job was climbing and learning constantly.
Pros
learning valuable skills
Cons
location
High energy, lots of opportunity to shine and to fail. Owner's vision sometimes gets in the way of his professionals that he has hired.
Director of Training (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COApril 20, 2012
Worked 10-14 hour workday
Learned that I needed to keep my weekends for myself at least oncea month. I also learned that I enjoyed the responsibility and work of running a department.
I believed I evolved the people who worked for me
Management was an ongoing evolving structure. My boss the Executive VP/CFO who mentored me. I thought he was pretty good
Sometimes I reported to the owner. He was a visionary who sometimes reached beyond what was reasonable. He wasn't patient.
I enjoyed the regional managers, the general sales manager we had good communication most of the time
hardest part was the time I spent bringing the training up to speed and accommodating the needs of the company.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of getting things done on time and have them work like they were supposed to.
Great work environment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 16, 2015
Good place to start a career at and a small company so they take care of their employees. I would recommend Viaero as it is a good wireless company to work for.
My co-workers were generally pleasant, but the pay and benefits were lacking.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed my work doing accounts payable/receivable. The workload was reasonable. This was 12 years ago and the management has changed since then.
its like working in a kindergarden
customer service (Former Employee) –  Fort MorganJanuary 16, 2013
I worked there for almost a year and I have never worked in such a childish environment. There are few good people that get things done but management in that company is a joke. The second thing that I have a problem with is the equipment. The phone selection is beyond poor in quality. I have continuously suggested getting phones that aren't a piece of junk but no upper management has even acknowledged the suggestions that have been made.
Pros
nothing i can think of
Cons
the companies business ethics
Bad environment for ethical people
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 26, 2012
I provided customer with cellphones and service. I did activations and renewed existing customers. I believe that Viaero Wireless really needs work on the management level. The communication is not there at all. This is such a small company that the rumors fly out of no where. The company pays extremely well, however my morals are too high for this particular company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management/ hr staff

2.8