Viaero Wireless Employee Reviews

Dissapointing
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Atkinson, NEOctober 19, 2017
Constant pressure to call people we knew had requested that we not call so much.
Management was professional
No understanding when it came to medical problems
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Poor policy implementation for sick days
Slow, high quotas
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEOctober 6, 2017
I work in a mall kiosk so it tends to get a little slow and boring. They want you to make contact with 15 people every shift to talk about Viaero Wireless. They are very strict on meeting your quote. Some quotas seem to be a little to high in my opinion. The hardest part is when you don't know exactly what your supposed to do and your the only one working so you have to call a specialist and seem like you don't know how to do your job. The most enjoyable part is the people you do work with when your not the only one at work.
Pros
A lot of down time
Cons
High quotas for low traffic areas.
Its not what you think it is.
Technician (Former Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 30, 2017
It has to be one of the most depressing places to work. Everyone under upper management gets walked on with unrealistic expectations. The communication across the board is beyond terrible. Say one thing do another type mentality. If you need a job the pay is ok and the benefits are slightly above average. The turn over is insane very few people make it past the first year. This is not the place to work if you want to have happy and motivating career.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, very little time off in the first 3 years, dont expect family to come first
Great work experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COSeptember 13, 2017
I loved the people I worked with. They always made you feel apart of the family. I was not a huge fan of the upper management at this company. It was not professional at all.
fun place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Grant, NEJuly 30, 2017
I loved traveling to different locations to help the sales get better. Traveling and meeting people was the best part of my job. I liked the staff and different stores and the people in each store were very special.
Good place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Holdrege, NEApril 13, 2017
Can be a rewarding job in the right market. You definitely improve your flexibility with regards to the corporate office's management style. Working with the customers can be rewarding most of the time.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 27, 2017
Company believes in supporting the local community
Encourages employees to be involved
Leadership listens to input from the field
productive, fun place to work at
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 15, 2017
viaero wasn't to bad of a work environment, as everywhere else it has its ups and downs, but overall there is good training, great management, and great help from others when needed.
Pros
benifits, free unlimited line, pot lucks
Cons
not leaving on time, weekends, job bids
Peaceful, calm work environment. Must be okay with just sitting most of the day waiting for calls.
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 12, 2017
Job has good benefits, fun to work around all other employees. Job has a lot of favoritism, long hours, and a lot of drama going around the building. A lot of the work hours are just sitting waiting for calls to come through, not a lot of work to do to keep busy.
Pros
Free phone lines, discount on workouts
Cons
Short breaks
Good company but quotas and changes aren't as realistic
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEFebruary 7, 2017
Been working here for a year now. The plans are not too difficult to sell because Viaero is always trying to get cheaper and still provide great services. I personally stopped being as hard working when the quota was changed and they started penalizing people for not meeting quota. There are some stores that just don't get enough traffic and the marketing does not produce quality commercials or flyers. I used to really enjoy it, but with all the changes and their attempt to transition into being corporate, they've lost long-time employees and have had bad turn over.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good pay, Learning experience
Cons
"V-Up" training(training for those who don't meet quota) is not helpful, service is not great so it can be hard to sell
Enjoyable work environment
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, CO 80701July 27, 2016
I worked in the call center so, very different from being in the store... Management is great and more than willing to work with you when things come up. Pot lucks every month, pop corn machine in the break room, great people to work with.
Pros
Free phone and unlimited service
Cons
Hours are based on shift-bids
High demands with terrible training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Morgan, COJuly 26, 2016
Expect to work long hours and not be at family events very much. Leaving "on time" is frowned upon so dont expect to go home on time. The initial training is decent but after your first week you are pretty much left to keep the customer waiting and figure everything out on your own. The demands are high for the pay which is 12$.
If youre looking for a job, look elsewhere. This companies morals are were stashed away a long time ago in a money vault.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Family/Work balance for the pay, bad training, lots of rude 'help and support' employees.
Fast Paced Work Environment, Demanding Excellence
Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2016
Hard working company that expects timely results. Accountability is upheld consistently. Must be willing to work long hours and significant travel between market locations required.
Pros
Great employee benefits & fair compensation
a day in the life
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 31, 2016
high level stress position. Very poor communication between everyone. They expect you to spend day and night working and not spend time with family. Frowned upon if attend family/kids events.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
high stress, poor communication between everyone, no life/work balance
local and secure
Cellular RF Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 14, 2016
Great job with good benefits. Great working conditions with interesting day by day activities. company provided transportation and plenty of overtime
Pros
local and secure
Cons
None at this time
Ok place
Customer Service/Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 13, 2016
Viaero was an ok place to work. I really liked my co-workers and didn't mind the work. Didn't always like company policies when dealing with customers.
Productive Place With Great Employess
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 25, 2015
Every customer I dealt with was different and had different needs. I loved the challenge of trying to figure out what plans and devices would best fit their everyday needs.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Wouldn't let me work extra hours
Great Advancement Opportunities
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan CoJuly 30, 2015
Stressful to work under the quota system they have set up because you don't know if the next month not meeting quota if you would have a job, but this community has great bonus opportunities, great pay, the manager in my territory was not the greatest but there were some really good ones.
Pros
Sales bonuses
Cons
Quotas were too high sometimes
Regional carrier
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2015
Viaero Wireless is a regional carrier that mainly covers Colorado and Nebraska. Viaero primarily covering small towns throughout these states. A typical day consist of the hiring, coaching, training and the development of our retail sales teams. Tracking key metrics, setting sales goals, while inspecting our expectations.
Pros
Very mature staffs without much turnover.
Cons
Primary small towns with a slow pace
constant work, family atmosphere, just fun to climb and hang in the air
Tower Climber (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 1, 2015
A day at work consisted of constructing new cell cites from the ground up and installing fibers and hardware necessary to turn site on. over my time I've learned how to properly construct and conduct all matters of the tower in a timely and safe manor. my co-workers quickly became close friends seeing how i was with them 5-14 days at a time in hotels and working 60-80 hour weekly shifts with them day in and day out. Hardest part of the job was without a doubt the physically demanding climb and workload we had at all times.
Although at the same time just climbing hundreds of feet in the air with your friends was worth the pain.
Pros
having to figure out problems on your own.
Cons
Ice, Snow, Rain, High winds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viaero Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6