Viaero Wireless Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, CO 80701July 27, 2016
I worked in the call center so, very different from being in the store... Management is great and more than willing to work with you when things come up. Pot lucks every month, pop corn machine in the break room, great people to work with.
Pros
Free phone and unlimited service
Cons
Hours are based on shift-bids
High demands with terrible training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Morgan, COJuly 26, 2016
Expect to work long hours and not be at family events very much. Leaving "on time" is frowned upon so dont expect to go home on time. The initial training is decent but after your first week you are pretty much left to keep the customer waiting and figure everything out on your own. The demands are high for the pay which is 12$.
If youre looking for a job, look elsewhere. This companies morals are were stashed away a long time ago in a money vault.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Family/Work balance for the pay, bad training, lots of rude 'help and support' employees.
Fast Paced Work Environment, Demanding Excellence
Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2016
Hard working company that expects timely results. Accountability is upheld consistently. Must be willing to work long hours and significant travel between market locations required.
Pros
Great employee benefits & fair compensation
a day in the life
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 31, 2016
high level stress position. Very poor communication between everyone. They expect you to spend day and night working and not spend time with family. Frowned upon if attend family/kids events.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
high stress, poor communication between everyone, no life/work balance
local and secure
Cellular RF Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 14, 2016
Great job with good benefits. Great working conditions with interesting day by day activities. company provided transportation and plenty of overtime
Pros
local and secure
Cons
None at this time
Ok place
Customer Service/Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 13, 2016
Viaero was an ok place to work. I really liked my co-workers and didn't mind the work. Didn't always like company policies when dealing with customers.
Productive Place With Great Employess
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 25, 2015
Every customer I dealt with was different and had different needs. I loved the challenge of trying to figure out what plans and devices would best fit their everyday needs.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Wouldn't let me work extra hours
Great Advancement Opportunities
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan CoJuly 30, 2015
Stressful to work under the quota system they have set up because you don't know if the next month not meeting quota if you would have a job, but this community has great bonus opportunities, great pay, the manager in my territory was not the greatest but there were some really good ones.
Pros
Sales bonuses
Cons
Quotas were too high sometimes
Regional carrier
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2015
Viaero Wireless is a regional carrier that mainly covers Colorado and Nebraska. Viaero primarily covering small towns throughout these states. A typical day consist of the hiring, coaching, training and the development of our retail sales teams. Tracking key metrics, setting sales goals, while inspecting our expectations.
Pros
Very mature staffs without much turnover.
Cons
Primary small towns with a slow pace
constant work, family atmosphere, just fun to climb and hang in the air
Tower Climber (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 1, 2015
A day at work consisted of constructing new cell cites from the ground up and installing fibers and hardware necessary to turn site on. over my time I've learned how to properly construct and conduct all matters of the tower in a timely and safe manor. my co-workers quickly became close friends seeing how i was with them 5-14 days at a time in hotels and working 60-80 hour weekly shifts with them day in and day out. Hardest part of the job was without a doubt the physically demanding climb and workload we had at all times.
Although at the same time just climbing hundreds of feet in the air with your friends was worth the pain.
Pros
having to figure out problems on your own.
Cons
Ice, Snow, Rain, High winds
Great work environment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 16, 2015
Good place to start a career at and a small company so they take care of their employees. I would recommend Viaero as it is a good wireless company to work for.
My co-workers were generally pleasant, but the pay and benefits were lacking.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed my work doing accounts payable/receivable. The workload was reasonable. This was 12 years ago and the management has changed since then.
Fostered an environment of paranoia and insecurity; liked to shuffle through as many employees as possible and not retain or train employees
Store Manager and RSA (Former Employee) –  holdrege, kearney, neFebruary 2, 2015
This company basically treats employees like garbage once they have used them to their benefit and find no more use for them. Turnover there is horrible but the product they try to sell is substandard. The management is just a group of suck up asskissers. Sorry I wish I had better things to say about this company.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
unreasonably quotas; paranaoia and insecurity (always felt you were going to get fired)
Love my job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 15, 2015
Every company has it's ups and downs, but at the end of the day, Viaero is a hard-working company full of people who are very passionate about their jobs and who are very loyal to our owner.

From day one, I was given training and all the tools I needed to do my job. I was also respected by my manager for my skills and experience, and was able to begin contributing to the team immediately. I.T. rocks, and they are always there to support those of us in the field.

I am proud of Viaero's mission, and have seen so much forward progress in my 4 years here with regard to products and services, practices and policies, and management.

I'm looking forward to seeing us continue to grow!
Pros
free phone and service; great insurance benefits; excellent products and services
Inadequate Training Environment that lacks Leadership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North PlatteSeptember 11, 2014
Viaero Wireless is a regional wireless company based out of Fort Morgan, Colorado which uses a HSPA network they consider to be 4G but FCC considers it a 3G company. They're roaming partners are T-Mobile and AT&T. The company has been in existence +30 years but never exceeds Colorado and Nebraska.

The Hierarchy consists of 53 Managers, 7 Territory Managers, 2 Regional Managers and 6 Vice President's besides the CEO and Owner. Under each managers reign depending on location consists of 2-6 R.S.A.'s (Retail Sales Associates).

Store Manager Job Description:

• Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
• Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
• Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
• Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
• Keep records of purchases, sales, and requisitions.
• Enforce safety, health, and security rules.
• Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to assess the condition of each product or item.
• Hire, train, and evaluate personnel in sales or marketing establishments, promoting or firing workers when appropriate.
• Perform work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and selling merchandise.
• Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for their department.
• Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
  more...
• Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time cards.
• Review inventory and sales records to prepare reports for management and budget departments.
• Plan and coordinate advertising campaigns and sales promotions, and prepare merchandise displays and advertising copy.

Don't expect sales to happen or walk through the door like big box companies. One of the major requirements for this position is to be actively involved within the community. When your not acquiring sales, you'll be asked to commit to outside sales and B2B to continuously drive business to your location.

There is no training program in place for RSA's or Store Manager's. Store Manager go through a S.M.I.T. (Store Manager in Training) course for 3-months but only visits a total of 1-2 weeks. The course is center focused on individuals/stores and not related to managerial responsibilities. Aside from this RSA's are not given adequate training from store manager's due to lack of training material and rely mainly on other co-workers to assist in their progress.The Training Department tries to accommodate the needs to be a better salesperson but they're not quite to the expectations you would expect from other major companies. Majority of the training consists of Emails, Conference Calls and Webinars. When new product came out you were given a price tag a few specs and told to go sell it.

This all changed when I came aboard and nominated by former Vice President of Sales and Marketing to organize a Tech Team that would ultimately change the position of cultural adherence and advance in new and existing product knowledge. The Tech Team became the backbone for training all employees throughout the company from RSA-Store Manager-Territory Manager-District Manager-Vice Presidents-etc..We were the ones that new about the problems before they existed and were able to teach the ways to prevent the risk.

But, like all former employees will agree the management team uses you only to take your ideas and rids you when you are no longer needed. The company has had so many departures from executives to RSA's nobody knows who actually runs the company and the leadership of the hierarchy has slowly fallen apart due to minimal experiences and conflicting work habits has altered the direction the company is going. Many believe the owner is getting to old or misguided and considering selling the business to a Top-5 Wireless company. Either way, the company needs a major redesign and needs to be focused on future endeavors.
Pros
unlimited data services, competitive pricing
Cons
salary-long hours, under-paid, benefits-good for colorado employees only, lack of promotion, inadequate training, lack of leadership
Great field to work in
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan ColoradoMay 30, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working for Viearo, and learned the basic skills required to be a tower technician. Such as installing RF antennas, dish's, jumpers, fiber, DC, grounding for Huawei, cut's and path's for upgrading 3G-4G, assembling/dissembling rigging and hoist system's, hoisting and mounting antenna's, dish's, DC, fiber, mounts, tool's, use of safety climb, 100% tie off, fall arrest and positioning lanyard's, proper commands for hoisting up/down/stop, repairing DC light units, air leaks and various other alarms, assembling dish's/ antenna's, use of torque wrenches and various other tools
Management for the most part were involved when clarification and approval of work was needed.
Co-workers were good team players and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was location.
The most enjoyable part of the job was climbing and learning constantly.
Pros
learning valuable skills
Cons
location
Interview- Store Manager
Interview- Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Imperial, NEJanuary 28, 2014
Just the job interview's were a joke. First they want you to do four interviews. I made it to the third one. With the second one with the territory manager he said his biggest problem with me "You Are Not From Here" so he didn't think it would work out then tried to cover it by "It Could Be A Good Thing" and followed that by how the people in Nebraska do not like change. That was after I spent two hours talking with him. He then sent me on to the third interview. With the so called regional manager which I was told In advance from the other two interviews he is intimidating. But I will tell you he is not. He comes off as a know-it-all jerk all he wanted to know was how my other company's did their business an their pay scale. He didn't have a note book or my resume or application with him like he had his mind up already. In my entire life I have never been so disrespected or embarrassed. To all I might help do not apply or buy a thing from them. If you work there now get out while you can.

Not mad just disappointed in people. I am glad I didn't get it.
Pros
just an interview.
Cons
poor managment as in the regional manager
Good employees
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneill, NEJanuary 26, 2014
The employees are fun and helpful when you need them they are there for you. We have not had a manager since we started so we step up and preform many of the managers tasks and responsibilities.
ehhhh
Rsa/Acting Manger (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, CODecember 18, 2013
could of bin better was promised advancedment never happened took advange of me doing all manger duties an no better pay.
Pros
ehhh
Cons
ehhh
Productive and fun work
Rsa/Acting Manger (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, CODecember 11, 2013
Could of bin better was promised so many things that where neverr kept
Pros
customers
Cons
mangment

2.8