Viaero Wireless Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Grant, NEJuly 30, 2017
I loved traveling to different locations to help the sales get better. Traveling and meeting people was the best part of my job. I liked the staff and different stores and the people in each store were very special.
Good place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Holdrege, NEApril 13, 2017
Can be a rewarding job in the right market. You definitely improve your flexibility with regards to the corporate office's management style. Working with the customers can be rewarding most of the time.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 27, 2017
Company believes in supporting the local community
Encourages employees to be involved
Leadership listens to input from the field
productive, fun place to work at
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 15, 2017
viaero wasn't to bad of a work environment, as everywhere else it has its ups and downs, but overall there is good training, great management, and great help from others when needed.
Pros
benifits, free unlimited line, pot lucks
Cons
not leaving on time, weekends, job bids
Peaceful, calm work environment. Must be okay with just sitting most of the day waiting for calls.
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 12, 2017
Job has good benefits, fun to work around all other employees. Job has a lot of favoritism, long hours, and a lot of drama going around the building. A lot of the work hours are just sitting waiting for calls to come through, not a lot of work to do to keep busy.
Pros
Free phone lines, discount on workouts
Cons
Short breaks
Good company but quotas and changes aren't as realistic
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEFebruary 7, 2017
Been working here for a year now. The plans are not too difficult to sell because Viaero is always trying to get cheaper and still provide great services. I personally stopped being as hard working when the quota was changed and they started penalizing people for not meeting quota. There are some stores that just don't get enough traffic and the marketing does not produce quality commercials or flyers. I used to really enjoy it, but with all the changes and their attempt to transition into being corporate, they've lost long-time employees and have had bad turn over.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good pay, Learning experience
Cons
"V-Up" training(training for those who don't meet quota) is not helpful, service is not great so it can be hard to sell
Enjoyable work environment
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, CO 80701July 27, 2016
I worked in the call center so, very different from being in the store... Management is great and more than willing to work with you when things come up. Pot lucks every month, pop corn machine in the break room, great people to work with.
Pros
Free phone and unlimited service
Cons
Hours are based on shift-bids
High demands with terrible training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Morgan, COJuly 26, 2016
Expect to work long hours and not be at family events very much. Leaving "on time" is frowned upon so dont expect to go home on time. The initial training is decent but after your first week you are pretty much left to keep the customer waiting and figure everything out on your own. The demands are high for the pay which is 12$.
If youre looking for a job, look elsewhere. This companies morals are were stashed away a long time ago in a money vault.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Family/Work balance for the pay, bad training, lots of rude 'help and support' employees.
Fast Paced Work Environment, Demanding Excellence
Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2016
Hard working company that expects timely results. Accountability is upheld consistently. Must be willing to work long hours and significant travel between market locations required.
Pros
Great employee benefits & fair compensation
a day in the life
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 31, 2016
high level stress position. Very poor communication between everyone. They expect you to spend day and night working and not spend time with family. Frowned upon if attend family/kids events.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
high stress, poor communication between everyone, no life/work balance
local and secure
Cellular RF Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 14, 2016
Great job with good benefits. Great working conditions with interesting day by day activities. company provided transportation and plenty of overtime
Pros
local and secure
Cons
None at this time
Ok place
Customer Service/Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 13, 2016
Viaero was an ok place to work. I really liked my co-workers and didn't mind the work. Didn't always like company policies when dealing with customers.
Productive Place With Great Employess
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 25, 2015
Every customer I dealt with was different and had different needs. I loved the challenge of trying to figure out what plans and devices would best fit their everyday needs.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Wouldn't let me work extra hours
Great Advancement Opportunities
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan CoJuly 30, 2015
Stressful to work under the quota system they have set up because you don't know if the next month not meeting quota if you would have a job, but this community has great bonus opportunities, great pay, the manager in my territory was not the greatest but there were some really good ones.
Pros
Sales bonuses
Cons
Quotas were too high sometimes
Regional carrier
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2015
Viaero Wireless is a regional carrier that mainly covers Colorado and Nebraska. Viaero primarily covering small towns throughout these states. A typical day consist of the hiring, coaching, training and the development of our retail sales teams. Tracking key metrics, setting sales goals, while inspecting our expectations.
Pros
Very mature staffs without much turnover.
Cons
Primary small towns with a slow pace
constant work, family atmosphere, just fun to climb and hang in the air
Tower Climber (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 1, 2015
A day at work consisted of constructing new cell cites from the ground up and installing fibers and hardware necessary to turn site on. over my time I've learned how to properly construct and conduct all matters of the tower in a timely and safe manor. my co-workers quickly became close friends seeing how i was with them 5-14 days at a time in hotels and working 60-80 hour weekly shifts with them day in and day out. Hardest part of the job was without a doubt the physically demanding climb and workload we had at all times.
Although at the same time just climbing hundreds of feet in the air with your friends was worth the pain.
Pros
having to figure out problems on your own.
Cons
Ice, Snow, Rain, High winds
Great work environment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 16, 2015
Good place to start a career at and a small company so they take care of their employees. I would recommend Viaero as it is a good wireless company to work for.
My co-workers were generally pleasant, but the pay and benefits were lacking.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed my work doing accounts payable/receivable. The workload was reasonable. This was 12 years ago and the management has changed since then.
Fostered an environment of paranoia and insecurity; liked to shuffle through as many employees as possible and not retain or train employees
Store Manager and RSA (Former Employee) –  holdrege, kearney, neFebruary 2, 2015
This company basically treats employees like garbage once they have used them to their benefit and find no more use for them. Turnover there is horrible but the product they try to sell is substandard. The management is just a group of suck up asskissers. Sorry I wish I had better things to say about this company.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
unreasonably quotas; paranaoia and insecurity (always felt you were going to get fired)
Love my job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 15, 2015
Every company has it's ups and downs, but at the end of the day, Viaero is a hard-working company full of people who are very passionate about their jobs and who are very loyal to our owner.

From day one, I was given training and all the tools I needed to do my job. I was also respected by my manager for my skills and experience, and was able to begin contributing to the team immediately. I.T. rocks, and they are always there to support those of us in the field.

I am proud of Viaero's mission, and have seen so much forward progress in my 4 years here with regard to products and services, practices and policies, and management.

I'm looking forward to seeing us continue to grow!
Pros
Free phone and service; Great insurance benefits; Excellent products and services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viaero Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9