Viaero Wireless Employee Reviews

High demands with terrible training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Morgan, COJuly 26, 2016
Expect to work long hours and not be at family events very much. Leaving "on time" is frowned upon so dont expect to go home on time. The initial training is decent but after your first week you are pretty much left to keep the customer waiting and figure everything out on your own. The demands are high for the pay which is 12$.
If youre looking for a job, look elsewhere. This companies morals are were stashed away a long time ago in a money vault.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Family/Work balance for the pay, bad training, lots of rude 'help and support' employees.
Enjoyable work environment
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, CO 80701July 27, 2016
I worked in the call center so, very different from being in the store... Management is great and more than willing to work with you when things come up. Pot lucks every month, pop corn machine in the break room, great people to work with.
Pros
Free phone and unlimited service
Cons
Hours are based on shift-bids
Fast Paced Work Environment, Demanding Excellence
Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2016
Hard working company that expects timely results. Accountability is upheld consistently. Must be willing to work long hours and significant travel between market locations required.
Pros
Great employee benefits & fair compensation
a day in the life
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 31, 2016
high level stress position. Very poor communication between everyone. They expect you to spend day and night working and not spend time with family. Frowned upon if attend family/kids events.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
high stress, poor communication between everyone, no life/work balance
local and secure
Cellular RF Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 14, 2016
Great job with good benefits. Great working conditions with interesting day by day activities. company provided transportation and plenty of overtime
Pros
local and secure
Cons
None at this time
Ok place
Customer Service/Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COFebruary 13, 2016
Viaero was an ok place to work. I really liked my co-workers and didn't mind the work. Didn't always like company policies when dealing with customers.
Productive Place With Great Employess
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 25, 2015
Every customer I dealt with was different and had different needs. I loved the challenge of trying to figure out what plans and devices would best fit their everyday needs.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Wouldn't let me work extra hours
Regional carrier
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 14, 2015
Viaero Wireless is a regional carrier that mainly covers Colorado and Nebraska. Viaero primarily covering small towns throughout these states. A typical day consist of the hiring, coaching, training and the development of our retail sales teams. Tracking key metrics, setting sales goals, while inspecting our expectations.
Pros
Very mature staffs without much turnover.
Cons
Primary small towns with a slow pace
Great Advancement Opportunities
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan CoJuly 30, 2015
Stressful to work under the quota system they have set up because you don't know if the next month not meeting quota if you would have a job, but this community has great bonus opportunities, great pay, the manager in my territory was not the greatest but there were some really good ones.
Pros
Sales bonuses
Cons
Quotas were too high sometimes
constant work, family atmosphere, just fun to climb and hang in the air
Tower Climber (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 1, 2015
A day at work consisted of constructing new cell cites from the ground up and installing fibers and hardware necessary to turn site on. over my time I've learned how to properly construct and conduct all matters of the tower in a timely and safe manor. my co-workers quickly became close friends seeing how i was with them 5-14 days at a time in hotels and working 60-80 hour weekly shifts with them day in and day out. Hardest part of the job was without a doubt the physically demanding climb and workload we had at all times.
Although at the same time just climbing hundreds of feet in the air with your friends was worth the pain.
Pros
having to figure out problems on your own.
Cons
Ice, Snow, Rain, High winds

Want to know more about Viaero Wireless?

Ask a question
Fostered an environment of paranoia and insecurity; liked to shuffle through as many employees as possible and not retain or train employees
Store Manager and RSA (Former Employee) –  holdrege, kearney, neFebruary 2, 2015
This company basically treats employees like garbage once they have used them to their benefit and find no more use for them. Turnover there is horrible but the product they try to sell is substandard. The management is just a group of suck up asskissers. Sorry I wish I had better things to say about this company.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
unreasonably quotas; paranaoia and insecurity (always felt you were going to get fired)
Love my job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 15, 2015
Every company has it's ups and downs, but at the end of the day, Viaero is a hard-working company full of people who are very passionate about their jobs and who are very loyal to our owner.

From day one, I was given training and all the tools I needed to do my job. I was also respected by my manager for my skills and experience, and was able to begin contributing to the team immediately. I.T. rocks, and they are always there to support those of us in the field.

I am proud of Viaero's mission, and have seen so much forward progress in my 4 years here with regard to products and services, practices and policies, and management.

I'm looking forward to seeing us continue to grow!
Pros
free phone and service; great insurance benefits; excellent products and services
many hours and not many customers but had good customers to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NEOctober 29, 2013
Viaero was a fun company to work for and I learned alot about the wireless industry while there. They did offer good tools to teach us the good points of selling but we lacked new customers to make it worth while. Since then they have made some good changes and the new crew in town is manned by very competent staff and are doing very well. They are all very knowlegable and have great cusotmer service skills. The service is also very good for a regional wireless company with many new towers going up over time.
Pros
great company support for emplyees and customers.
Cons
need to do a better job of getting their name out and upping their perceived shortcomings.
its like working in a kindergarden
customer service (Former Employee) –  Fort MorganJanuary 16, 2013
I worked there for almost a year and I have never worked in such a childish environment. There are few good people that get things done but management in that company is a joke. The second thing that I have a problem with is the equipment. The phone selection is beyond poor in quality. I have continuously suggested getting phones that aren't a piece of junk but no upper management has even acknowledged the suggestions that have been made.
Pros
nothing i can think of
Cons
the companies business ethics
Bad environment for ethical people
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 26, 2012
I provided customer with cellphones and service. I did activations and renewed existing customers. I believe that Viaero Wireless really needs work on the management level. The communication is not there at all. This is such a small company that the rumors fly out of no where. The company pays extremely well, however my morals are too high for this particular company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management/ hr staff
Stay far, far away
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 20, 2012
I didn't think companies like this really existed. Executive Leadership is easily the most incompetent group of "leaders" I have ever dealt with. The culture of the company is toxic. They maintain an average of 100% employee churn...which means they go through their entire workforce once a year....
Pros
a few good people work there
Cons
just about everything....the product, the service, the leadership...
Work with great Business in an area I love.
Business Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ogallala, NEJune 30, 2012
A typical day for me includes cold calling business to find out if they would be interested in meeting me so that I can gather the information I need to provide them a quote. I then also follow up with leads that I have already made. I will go on appointments that I set up.
Pros
company car and weekends off
Cons
stress, feel that there is a change in the company
Great field to work in
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan ColoradoMay 30, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working for Viearo, and learned the basic skills required to be a tower technician. Such as installing RF antennas, dish's, jumpers, fiber, DC, grounding for Huawei, cut's and path's for upgrading 3G-4G, assembling/dissembling rigging and hoist system's, hoisting and mounting antenna's, dish's, DC, fiber, mounts, tool's, use of safety climb, 100% tie off, fall arrest and positioning lanyard's, proper commands for hoisting up/down/stop, repairing DC light units, air leaks and various other alarms, assembling dish's/ antenna's, use of torque wrenches and various other tools
Management for the most part were involved when clarification and approval of work was needed.
Co-workers were good team players and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was location.
The most enjoyable part of the job was climbing and learning constantly.
Pros
learning valuable skills
Cons
location
My co-workers were generally pleasant, but the pay and benefits were lacking.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed my work doing accounts payable/receivable. The workload was reasonable. This was 12 years ago and the management has changed since then.
Great work environment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 16, 2015
Good place to start a career at and a small company so they take care of their employees. I would recommend Viaero as it is a good wireless company to work for.

2.8