Viamedia Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company, Great Team
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MINovember 3, 2015
Working with Viamedia has been a great learning experience. It has allowed me to grow my personal knowledge of cable sales, as well as learn the detailed benefits of how cable and online marketing can grow an advertisers business.

All of the managers, as well as the team, are highly supportive. We have each others' backs. There are no hard parts of this job. I wake up in the morning with a positive attitude and i try to meet a new client everyday. This is I enjoy most!

I hope to continue with this knowledge and work ethic in my next career endeavor.
Pros
Incentives for meeting sales goals & budget, great team building lunches
Cons
Sometimes there were issues with departmental communications
You get the good with the bad
Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 23, 2015
The work/life balance is very fair, at least in the offices that I've experienced.
The company is very big on training, you'll never lack it and they are always looking for employee input.
The salary and commission is less than typical market standards.
Viamedia has offices all of the country so there is opportunity to move and grow with them.
The WORST working experience EVER
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 12, 2016
The worst experience ever. Management was terrible. At least in Fort Myers, FL. Don't waste your time or your professionalism working for this company.
Pros
Cons
The Management
dynamic workplace environment with no two days being the same
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel Valley , CANovember 1, 2013
Working in the local market selling spot cable and onlice services to retail and automotive clients. A typical day would involve working in the field servicing current clients and prospecting new business. In office duties would include ensuring client schedules ran corrently as well as ad copy. Working with advertising agencies as well for planning out media strategy for clients. customizing proposals for prospects based on their advertising needs. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with aging issues for payment. the most enjoyable part of the job would be gaining a new client through consultative selling and securing new contracts. the company culture is one of support and encouragement while at the same time expecting results.
Pros
flexibility in day to day schedule, great pay and benefits
Great Culture
Various (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 7, 2015
The biggest selling point about Viamedia is the culture. The pay isn't always competitive and advancement opportunities are limited, but the company tries to find other ways to make sure employees are happy at work.
Great
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 14, 2015
Great. shouldnt have to be a sales rep to move up the food chain. operations folk may feel career advancement strictly requires becoming an AE first..
Pros
pretty much everything
Cons
operations needs better compensation and upward mobility without having to become an ae
internship
Research/Sales Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 25, 2012
this was an internship - great experience taught me the importance of marketing and how to use marketing to better develop a company's consumer
Pros
taught me benefits of marketing and a better understanding
Cons
once internship was over i was still in school, want to still have contact infformation to get referals
Lots of opportunities
Treasury Director (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 7, 2015
Viamedia is a lean and agile organization that provides a variety of opportunities to build your knowledge base. The organization is currently facing issues in the markets such as declining cable subscribers. The employees are pleasant to work with and the environment is very casual. The company offers a lot of fun activities for employees.
Local management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2013
independent to pursue lines of business to meet assigned goals
sales processes review
a bit of a disconnect between local and the corporate culture
the art of selling
Pros
media sales
Cons
base salary
Great field experience
Contracted Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 17, 2015
I worked alongside a producer, helping him haul and set up equipment for productions. I got to learn a lot about how to be professional and courteous when filming in a hospital. I also learned lighting and sound recording. Everything was planned for the entire day and we managed to be on-time, if not early. When we had spare time we captured cover footage. The producer I worked with gave great direction and allowed me to learn some things on my own. He would often provide feedback on how to improve.
Fun placr to work
Regional Ad Sales Coord./Business Administration (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2015
It was a fun place to work. Family environment and understanding of balance between work and family. Most enjoyable was working with my colleagues. I position had a lot of different jobs responsibilities during the day which I enjoyed.
Tenacious, Creative, Persistant, Relentless
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Early years had constructive management. When we sold the CO we had less than stellar management. ( last 4 years)

Hunted sold, created managed, produced , replaced book of business year to year for 23 years.. Given 0 accounts to start with and straight commission,

Grew book to over 3 million dollars in 2008- managed to keep book of 2.7-2.5 with 400,000 in attrition thur economic slowdown.. Equity Co taking and splitting biggest accounts towards end of time there.

Majority partners decided to sell the co due to fragmentation of media and expense to compete with major co. like Comcast

Most enjoyable part of the job was enabling success for our customers and helping their accounts grown

Co workers were great. Original founders very entrepenural.
Pros
freedom success enlightenment hard work rewarded
Cons
terrible management
Don't work here unless you are desperate
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 2, 2014
You will be given a book of business. However, that book is very low or 20% or your budget. You will be expected to grow this book by over 300% to make goal. I wrote a fair amount of new business. But, all of the big accounts or viable prospects are assigned to senior reps or managers. Yes... You heard me. The managers carry a handful of accounts. You will be expected to hit these numbers despite having no market. You will also be expected to be in Tampa at least 2x per month (without fuel reimbursement) and attend multiple webinars and conference calls. There is no training and you will be expected to know what to do without any direction. If you make a mistake, they will pull the account and the revenue away from you. This affects your income and ability to make goal. They will "re-assign" the account to their favorites who ironically have the biggest books in the market. Most of these reps have been there the longest and developed their revenue, accounts, and income thru attrition of other reps who were fired or quit.

You have to develop your own lead lists and scrub them in the system to make sure they are not assigned or active. After doing this time and time again, I quickly realized there was nothing left to call on. Be prepared to try to develop new business from table scraps. In addition, because the core product is local TV advertising, you are now dealing with video production. This makes the sales cycle even longer if you are calling on those prospects that don't already have a commercial. The company does not have in-house production, so if you do sign someone
  more... without ad copy, expect to wait at least a month before it airs and you receive commission a month after that. I also had three of my new accounts cancel after a few months because of results.

Expect to give projections, forecasts, and spreadsheets 3x a week. The requirement is to have 135% of your budget in your projections. If you do not, regardless of how long you have been there, you will hear about from your manager. To make it even harder, they lost 1/2 of the households in this market. Therefore, if you have a prospect that would like to advertise in both Sarasota and Bradenton, you will not be able to do it. They have a minuscule number of subscribers in this market. Representing only 30% of the total households in Manatee County and 0% of the households in Sarasota. Of course, you can go to other areas to prospect... on your own dime and if it is not "assigned" or "active". They have been thru at least 5 reps that I know of in the last 4 years. This is a revolving door position. It almost feels like an organized pyramid scheme with slapstick management.
Pros
i have to type something n this field
Cons
low base salary, no training, no mileage/cell or expenses, local micro-management
Wonderful place. Extensive training provided.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 15, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help clients (large and small businesses) reach their marketing goals through linear and online advertising campaigns. The ongoing training program is remarkable. Every week a topic is discussed and managers and experts in the field answer questions and help us reach our potential. Management is willing to listen and implement changes to help their employees do their job.
Pros
training, managerial support.
Cons
not any, really
All Great places to work!
ACCOUNT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FloridaApril 5, 2012
Arrived in the office on a typical day by 8am and made phone calls, set up appointments and did proposals and any paperwork that had to be done. I also had to Traffic in Commercials by 10am and or have new businesses approved for credit. The rest of the day was spent on appointments and making cold calls. Arrived back at the office by 4pm and stayed most days until 7pm-8pm. The hours were very long and had to bring home work almost every night which was good. The deadlines were earlier than the competitions and it was difficult getting orders in at the last minute. The most enjoyable part of the job was that cable worked for 90% of the businesses that ran with a good commercial. I had a great list of advertisers and had a great relationship with them. I enjoyed selling cable advertising very much!
Pros
cable works
Cons
no assistant
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  LexingtonFebruary 5, 2013
Held a management position. Can't say enough good things about this energetic company. Hard working, appreciative, accountable at all levels of the organization. Passionate, entrepreneurial leadership that lead by example. Received the equivalent of an MBA during my tenure.
Pros
great culture
Great People, Committed to Cable, not Online
MARKETING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 17, 2014
The company itself is a great one. The people there care about each other, and it isn't a typical office environment. I've worked in other offices where people only care about their own success, but Viamedia is a team oriented environment. There are several events throughout the year to promote team building. They are focused on building their cable business, but not fully committed to online.
Pros
great people, fun events, open door policies
Cons
they don't really care about their online business
Good group of sales oriented people to work with.
VP/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 29, 2014
Productive and entrepreneurial place to work. Sales-driven, growth oriented, and overall and generally enjoyable place. Challenging environment, competitive products, good support.
The work and co-workers are the best part.
Ad Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 7, 2014
I had some great people to work with. We got our our jobs done by helping each other. I learned what is like to be the head person of traffic in a cable media environment. It is interesting to see that your work is viewed by multitudes of clients every day. It is a lot of computer work on a daily basis.
Friendly and welcoming environment
Viamedia Marketing and Advertising (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at Viamedia very much. The way they welcomed me and made me feel like I was part of their family was amazing. I believe that to work productively you have to love your job...........I very much loved my job