ViaQuest Employee Reviews

Clients are awesome
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 9, 2016
You have to be careful what you say even if it's the right thing! I've had to bring/buy my clients food for their lunches, snacks, dinner & breakfast because PD's would only get a certain amount of money for them for groceries/house hold items. Some of the houses had bedbugs and by upper management letting people work in the houses spread those bugs. Staff was also allowed to pick up hours without being properly trained which caused many med errors with no consequences to those who made mistakes. So much BS is allowed if your part of the "CLICK". They show favoritism and have Upper management will try to make you work a shift because someone in their click called off. Then try to make you feel guilty or threaten you because you aren't able to pick that shift up last minute. The pay sucks!!!!!!! Some of the clients are the only reason this job is worth going back to day after day! I have and will NOT recommend ViaQuest for anyone to work.
Alcoholism
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 14, 2016
Leader promotes alcoholism and sleeping around. Egomaniac. Not the place to work if you want to stay married. Upper management likes hiring attractive women, then dates them. Likes also hiring workaholics. Disease of addiction is the culture unfortunately. Upper management is unauthentic. Ironic that a company in the health care field is so toxic, or is it? Companies lead by leaders in active addiction are nightmares and this company is no exception. Keep praying Leader finds the rooms of recovery. Until then STAY AWAY from the disease.
Pros
If you like booze and sleeping around.
Cons
Toxic addiction crazed workplace.
Growing
HHA (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 16, 2016
It's growing, staff is short, people are grouchy. Patients complain and nobody ever does anything to fix it. Upper Management is rude. You can ask your supervisor a question and if they don't know they go up the chain and nobody ever gets back with you! Most of the people that work here are pretty laid back and nice to work with but most of them are drama, esp the nurses. The program that the charting is done on is ridiculous!
Pros
You can go home if you get off early
Cons
Nobody within the company ever knows what is going on.
Worst Place I've ever worked!
program director (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, OHJanuary 8, 2016
I was a program director out of Woodlawn and it was awful. 95 hour weeks were not unheard of, and because you are salaried, you don't get compensated with anything extra. You are unable to give your clients the care they deserve because you are so exhausted and overworked. We lost so many sites because we had no staff and things would go awry. Upper management doesn't care about you at all, either.
Do not recommend. Heartless management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  pennsylvaniaJanuary 18, 2016
I was hired on as an RN case manager, salaried position, full time daylight. Was told upon offer of employment that I would be in a certain service area and when I completed training I didn't get the area I was told I would have and got bounced around every week. I was with the company for 3 months and got "laid off" 2 weeks before Christmas due to "low patient census" and with no certainty of possibly being called back. Now they have an ad looking for a part time RN. I never received a call asking if I would want to come back part time. I would NOT recommend this company.
Pros
a few nice caring co-workers
Cons
training was not long enough
Overworked SSC!
Support Services Cooridnator (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHNovember 20, 2014
Please read this review before you apply for direct care employment. Very high turnover due to poor upper management. Executives spend so much time getting drunk and planning their next Happy Hour that there is a huge disconnect between the executives and direct care staff. I never received a raise for two years. Always told there was a wage freeze! Lies. No job-work balance due to always having to cover call-offs. No opportunity for advancement. Company hires new blood before they promote many times. The job culture is a joke. Company always preaches company culture yet doesn't even follow their own philosophy. Do not apply!
Pros
direct supervisor was organized and always willing to help.
Cons
everything else, poor upper management (executives), terrible company culture, nepotism and cronyism, no opportunities for advancement, no pay increases.
Not a good place to work.
JOB DEVELOPER/JOB COACH (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2016
Waste of time. Management meaning higher ups only care about partying and sleeping with co workers. Enjoyed my time working with Day program . Awesome
Pros
Working and helping clients
Cons
They dont care about your family life.
Love terre haute
hospice (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work! Great group of people working together with one goal in mind: OUR PATIENTS! Thankful to wake up each day and not dread going to work! VIAQUEST TERRE HAUTE ROCKS!
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
pay is a tad low for all
Terrible Company to Work For
Office (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 7, 2014
Good luck being a fit with this company! Turn over is extremely high with all levels of employees, including upper management. I worked there for almost a year and went through several managers. The company is so worried about their culture and buying employees over with alcohol that they forget about providing great service to their clients. Executive management is a joke. When they speak of work/life balance, what they are referring to is the laptop you will receive so that you can work 10 hours in the office, then another 5 hours when you are home in the evening, every day of the week, including weekends. This company has terrible benefits and pays low wages. All you will get in return for your hard work is alcohol.
Pros
there are none
Cons
everything
Company has no focus
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 6, 2016
Be careful working for the company. They treat people like disposable paper towels. When they are done with you they throw you away. Management is very unfocused. Can not reccommend.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Management is Awesome!!!!
Resident Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 25, 2016
Overall, Viaquest is a good place to work. You can make more money for a position at Viaquest than you would in an equivalent position at another direct care company. Management staff is amazing, for the most part!
I had fun while I was there.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 6, 2016
I worked at this company only for externship purposes, for approximately 100 hours.
I really liked the people, they were all very friendly and seemed to work together very well. The office setting was very casual, which I enjoyed.
My job was mainly converting paper patient charts into electronic ones, while reviewing the data and correcting or updating it as needed.
The only reason I didn't apply for work there is because it's a little far away from where I live. However, I will continue to consider it in the future.
Pros
Relaxed work environment. Team members work together well.
Cons
Work may be a little repetitive. Not for someone who bores easily.
Ok place to work
Support Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 15, 2015
there was not enough training, and management was not helpful or supportive. You worked very long hours. The pay was good and there were annual raises.
Pros
wages
Cons
management, staff support
Stay away!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 9, 2016
This company is unethical and untrustworthy. Stay away from this company. Do not apply. Management does not care about anyone except their selves.
Inept Management
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/ADecember 3, 2014
I was employed with VQ for a many years, and was wrongfully terminated after working 60+ hours per week for an inept supervisor. Owner is a genuinely good person whose company is horribly mismanaged by those left in charge - usually under-qualified personnel who are willing to take less money in exchange for the unreasonable demands and treatment they receive.
Absolutely no semblance of a work/life balance. Said a high ranking executive within the company a year or so back, "They should be grateful they have jobs in the first place", referring to myself and others.
Pros
paid holidays?
Cons
low morale, lazy culture, favoritism, you name it.
Productive laid back
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 11, 2015
Fun place to work, great management, awesome clients to work with.
Co workers were great to work beside.I liked working with this company because they cared about there employees and there individauls that were through them
Don't even think about applying!
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2015
No work/life balance. 16 hours a day, 7 days a week is common. As a salaried employee, nobody cares about how much you work. Expensive health coverage, pain in the a** to get your expenses that you are entitled to reimbursed. Management is so ineffective, you might get them confused with the individuals served.
Pros
Free drinks 4 times a year
Cons
EVERYTHING
Growing company
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 16, 2015
Local management out of touch with reality. Unreasonable expectations. Little staff with too much work. Company is growing and some of that is expected
High Turnover
Support Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHApril 30, 2013
No work/life balance. Your job is your life. Staff always calls off and will quit if they don't find coverage. Coordinator HAS to cover for staff because PD's or above will not. Staff and coordinator receive NO medical insurance. Raises are only 10cents after a year. Management does not support their workers. High turnover rate! Staff barely make it past 3 months.
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare, unsafe conditions, no work/life balance, little raise.
Horrible place to work
Support Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OhJanuary 7, 2015
I am happy to be moving on with my life. The management could care less about the clients they serve. They didnt follow guidelines and when an employee did, they would write you up and try and get you fired. They hired anyone they knew and even If they didnt do the job right, nothing happened. They had clicks and the valley view office the program directors lie to the state about behavior plans, and you can get wrote up just for being honest about all of the nonsense that went on. They call it gossiping when its an exchange of information about the clients well being and how management is being neglectful. Client gained weight in their care and yet they have supervisors sneaking food because they scared. Why work there if you scared and cant do the job properly? I feel for the clients because the house I work at fired good employees or left like I did. So happy I did.
Pros
serving consumers
Cons
pay, no breaks, management, lack support, watch the consumers and their quality of life dwindle, and dealing with ignorant ghetto workers.

2.9