ViaQuest

ViaQuest Employer Reviews

Overworked SSC!
Support Services Cooridnator (Former Employee), Fairlawn, OHNovember 20, 2014
Pros: direct supervisor was organized and always willing to help.
Cons: everything else, poor upper management (executives), terrible company culture, nepotism and cronyism, no opportunities for advancement, no pay increases.
Please read this review before you apply for direct care employment. Very high turnover due to poor upper management. Executives spend so much time getting drunk and planning their next Happy Hour that there is a huge disconnect between the executives and direct care staff. I never received a raise for two years. Always told there was a wage freeze! – more... Lies. No job-work balance due to always having to cover call-offs. No opportunity for advancement. Company hires new blood before they promote many times. The job culture is a joke. Company always preaches company culture yet doesn't even follow their own philosophy. Do not apply! – less
Hospice and homecare
Regional Business Development & Operations Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2014
Responsible for business development and operations management.
No proper orientation
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Valley ViewSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: ??
Cons: everything
No time from upper management to properly train staff. They send new staff out to do visits without knowing the documentation system and with no supervision. Viaquest is more worried about their management positions that they can't focus on keeping their staff happy. Very high turnover, avoid like the plague!!!
Nice company to work for
Program Director (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHApril 18, 2014
Wonderful company but some of the directors are unprofessional
Amazing healthcare company with a lot of culture
Director of Program Development (Current Employee), Dublin, OHApril 14, 2014
Pros: annual conference, regional team building events, opportunity to help/serve others
ViaQuest is a special place to work. We have a committed and passionate team who really care about our clients. We spend a lot of time building our company culture and it really shows. It's an amazing company!!
Great place to work, love the clients and coworkers
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 8, 2014
The company makes it fun to go to work. The clients are like family to me. I feel like I am helping them have a better life. My supervisors are very helpful.

Everyday I am making things better for people.
A place where you can advance and have fun
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Main OfficeApril 7, 2014
Pros: great culture; feels like family
Cons: no snow days:(
I have worked for ViaQuest for almost 10 years and I love this company!!! This company has given me so many great opportunities to advance in the field of working with individuals with disabilities. It is a great company to start your career in the DD field. They will give you the skills to become the best of the best within this field and more.
Great company with a Great Culture
Client Advocate (Current Employee), OhioApril 7, 2014
Pros: helping others
Great working with individuals with special challenges
Management supports clients being active, this is great to go on outings with the individuals served.
ViaQuest Inc is a great place with great co-workers
Love helping others!!!
Program Director
Program Director (Former Employee), Valley VMarch 18, 2014
Pros: individuals
Cons: upper management
Viaquest should be closed down, upper management in this company do not care about the individuals they are there to care for/support, all they care about is getting drunk at the next mandatory bar meeting and that they get to go home to their lives and family's when the office is closed.
Program Directors and the direct care staff work their lives – more... away trying to help the individuals, but get nothing in return, just asked to work more shifts or bend over even more.
There is no teaching or guidance from upper management, or support in anyway.
They do not provide medical insurance to the staff that are out there working their lives away for the individuals and the company. They also have very high behavior individuals that are very dangers to the direct care staff.
The Program Directors do receive benefits, but never get any pay increases.
And do not believe all the posts on here that are positive. They do log in here and add their own positive comments. – less
worst company I ever worked for in my life
care support specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland ohMarch 11, 2014
Cons: everything
Looks like this place hasn't changed much . Upper management does not care about the conditions of their pts or employees. My house manager was terrible. She was very rude and disrespectful to her staff. She constantly pitted her staff and pts against one another. The turn around for that house staff was huge because of that house manager. She would – more... trigger pts into behaviors. The women would never pass their levels. System designed to keep them there not help them. When complaints were made about the house managers nothing was done and then the target was on your back. If I was smart back then i would of blew the whistle on this company in regards to the unethical dealings and poor treatment of staff and pts alike. Also followed a suit of harassment. So many days i went home in tears due to the unnessary stress. Never work here!!! I would rather work at McDonald's. This place is all about the money – less
Any Positive Reviews? You've got to be kidding?
Program Director (Former Employee), Painesville OhioJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: salary would've been decent except i had to cover direct care so often
Cons: everything else!
I worked for this company for one year as Program Director in northern office. The main office was in Summit Co. while we had homes in Lake. The group homes for DD sexual offenders were a mess. They were finally forced to close down due to many violations. I suppose ViaQuest itself has rebounded, from what I see, but VBH (Behavioral Health) was managed – more... very poorly. The homes were in bad conditions staff was treated poorly and poor supervision of the clients was a concern frequently. I can't believe all the positive reviews I just read because in the mid-2000's, in the northern VBH locations, homes were closed due to serious violations and the culture was awful. Too much was asked of the house managers and program directors because the middle management didn't want to come visit the homes. Not surprising when things began to be a concern, legally. Went to trainings at the Dublin main office and was not impressed with staff qualifications or management there--they seemed to want to be detached and load the work on the branch offices, very fake friendliness and lack of taking responsibility by the main office. – less
Great place to work and grow!
Director of Residential Services (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: improving the quality of live for the individuals we serve, great work/life balance, positive culture, great supervisors, fun place to work
I have been with the company for a long time and truly feel that ViaQuest is a great place to work. I have always felt supported by my supervisors and know that they too have the best interest of the individual in mind and are working to improve the lives of people with disabilities on a daily basis.
Viaquest allows me to have a great work/life balance – more... and the culture is what makes this place stand out from the rest! – less
Great company to work for!
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: fun, great culture
ViaQuest is unlike any company I have ever worked for, it is a great place to work! My coworkers and supervisors are great and supportive. ViaQuest really cares about the individuals they serve and I love helping my clients and improving their quality of life.
Horrible team leader that makes her staff feel unappreciative and unapproachable
Staff (Former Employee), Woodlawn, OHDecember 20, 2013
Pros: free alcohol several times a year!
Cons: poor leadership, unprofessional, set up to fail
I was very eager about becoming employed in the Cincinnati location and couldn't wait. I soon saw that there was no direction, no leadership from our operations manager and morale was at an all time low. The operations manager made staff and everyone under her feel unappreciated, inferior, and uncomfortable in general for approaching her for a question – more... or advice. When brought to attention to her superior, it was stated that they are aware but did nothing about it. The clients that attend the day program even felt the negative vibe from the manager of that location. It is also a cut throat place where you're easily thrown under the bus by upper management! Viaquest day services, at least in Cincinnati, is a bad company that will make anyone miserable if they choose to seek employment there. The head manager also loves to micro manage. Another thing, All extra money that should go towards the clients and staff increases ,goes to the "mandatory drinking"fund and hotels several times in a year. Any positive posting of this location is surely from the same person that made my time as well as most staff that share my thoughts, miserable. Good luck who ever pursues to work at the Cincinnati Viaquest day services! By the way, I voluntarily quit and landed a job that shows a little bit more class and people who are there for the right reason. – less
Rewarding and fun place to work!
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2013
Working at ViaQuest has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my job history. My supervisors truely care about me, the rest of my team, and the individuals we all serve. My clients are like family to me and I'd have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on their faces when they've succeeded in completeing a task or chore – more... on their own.

The supervisors are great at creating a company culture which makes it fun to come to work. Yes we work hard, but we know how to have fun too! – less
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2013
Pros: fun place to work, working with clients is rewarding, viaquest pays more than a lot of other providers, great supervisors, supportive co-workers
Cons: working with people with disabilities can be challenging, but i love it!
I really love my job as a Support Services Specialist! I get to make a difference in people's lives every day and it is very rewarding. We have a lot of fun at work and my supervisor's are great. They are always available when I need help.
Great place to work!
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2013
Pros: working with clients, co-workers, culture, employee recognition
ViaQuest has a company culture unlike any company I've ever worked for. Management truly cares not only about the individuals they serve but about the employees. The company has an employee recognition program that helps to identify employees who go above and beyond in their position. It's nice to be recognized. Overall I've learned so much working – more... at ViaQuest and really enjoy going to work each day! – less
fun work place
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 21, 2013
I love being able to improve the quality of life of our clients. It is great to help them meet their goals. ViaQuest is a fun work environment with a flexible schedule.
fun place to work
Support Specialist / Counselor Aide (Former Employee), paNovember 17, 2013
I enjoyed working with Kids. I help them understand how the world works.
I love my job!
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2013
I love working with my clients and helping them to meet the goals they have always wanted! My Program Director is always encouraging me and the other employees to improve the quality of life of our clients!