ViaQuest Employee Reviews in United States

Clients are awesome
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 9, 2016
You have to be careful what you say even if it's the right thing! I've had to bring/buy my clients food for their lunches, snacks, dinner & breakfast because PD's would only get a certain amount of money for them for groceries/house hold items. Some of the houses had bedbugs and by upper management letting people work in the houses spread those bugs. Staff was also allowed to pick up hours without being properly trained which caused many med errors with no consequences to those who made mistakes. So much BS is allowed if your part of the "CLICK". They show favoritism and have Upper management will try to make you work a shift because someone in their click called off. Then try to make you feel guilty or threaten you because you aren't able to pick that shift up last minute. The pay sucks!!!!!!! Some of the clients are the only reason this job is worth going back to day after day! I have and will NOT recommend ViaQuest for anyone to work.
Alcoholism
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 14, 2016
Leader promotes alcoholism and sleeping around. Egomaniac. Not the place to work if you want to stay married. Upper management likes hiring attractive women, then dates them. Likes also hiring workaholics. Disease of addiction is the culture unfortunately. Upper management is unauthentic. Ironic that a company in the health care field is so toxic, or is it? Companies lead by leaders in active addiction are nightmares and this company is no exception. Keep praying Leader finds the rooms of recovery. Until then STAY AWAY from the disease.
Pros
If you like booze and sleeping around.
Cons
Toxic addiction crazed workplace.
Do not recommend. Heartless management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  pennsylvaniaJanuary 18, 2016
I was hired on as an RN case manager, salaried position, full time daylight. Was told upon offer of employment that I would be in a certain service area and when I completed training I didn't get the area I was told I would have and got bounced around every week. I was with the company for 3 months and got "laid off" 2 weeks before Christmas due to "low patient census" and with no certainty of possibly being called back. Now they have an ad looking for a part time RN. I never received a call asking if I would want to come back part time. I would NOT recommend this company.
Pros
a few nice caring co-workers
Cons
training was not long enough
I had fun while I was there.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 6, 2016
I worked at this company only for externship purposes, for approximately 100 hours.
I really liked the people, they were all very friendly and seemed to work together very well. The office setting was very casual, which I enjoyed.
My job was mainly converting paper patient charts into electronic ones, while reviewing the data and correcting or updating it as needed.
The only reason I didn't apply for work there is because it's a little far away from where I live. However, I will continue to consider it in the future.
Pros
Relaxed work environment. Team members work together well.
Cons
Work may be a little repetitive. Not for someone who bores easily.
Ok place to work
Support Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 15, 2015
there was not enough training, and management was not helpful or supportive. You worked very long hours. The pay was good and there were annual raises.
Pros
wages
Cons
management, staff support
Overworked SSC!
Support Services Cooridnator (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHNovember 20, 2014
Please read this review before you apply for direct care employment. Very high turnover due to poor upper management. Executives spend so much time getting drunk and planning their next Happy Hour that there is a huge disconnect between the executives and direct care staff. I never received a raise for two years. Always told there was a wage freeze! Lies. No job-work balance due to always having to cover call-offs. No opportunity for advancement. Company hires new blood before they promote many times. The job culture is a joke. Company always preaches company culture yet doesn't even follow their own philosophy. Do not apply!
Pros
direct supervisor was organized and always willing to help.
Cons
everything else, poor upper management (executives), terrible company culture, nepotism and cronyism, no opportunities for advancement, no pay increases.
Worst Place I've ever worked!
program director (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, OHJanuary 8, 2016
I was a program director out of Woodlawn and it was awful. 95 hour weeks were not unheard of, and because you are salaried, you don't get compensated with anything extra. You are unable to give your clients the care they deserve because you are so exhausted and overworked. We lost so many sites because we had no staff and things would go awry. Upper management doesn't care about you at all, either.
Terrible Company to Work For
Office (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 7, 2014
Good luck being a fit with this company! Turn over is extremely high with all levels of employees, including upper management. I worked there for almost a year and went through several managers. The company is so worried about their culture and buying employees over with alcohol that they forget about providing great service to their clients. Executive management is a joke. When they speak of work/life balance, what they are referring to is the laptop you will receive so that you can work 10 hours in the office, then another 5 hours when you are home in the evening, every day of the week, including weekends. This company has terrible benefits and pays low wages. All you will get in return for your hard work is alcohol.
Pros
there are none
Cons
everything
Management is Awesome!!!!
Resident Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 25, 2016
Overall, Viaquest is a good place to work. You can make more money for a position at Viaquest than you would in an equivalent position at another direct care company. Management staff is amazing, for the most part!
Company has no focus
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 6, 2016
Be careful working for the company. They treat people like disposable paper towels. When they are done with you they throw you away. Management is very unfocused. Can not reccommend.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Stay away!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 9, 2016
This company is unethical and untrustworthy. Stay away from this company. Do not apply. Management does not care about anyone except their selves.
Program Director
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Valley VMarch 18, 2014
Viaquest should be closed down, upper management in this company do not care about the individuals they are there to care for/support, all they care about is getting drunk at the next mandatory bar meeting and that they get to go home to their lives and family's when the office is closed.
Program Directors and the direct care staff work their lives away trying to help the individuals, but get nothing in return, just asked to work more shifts or bend over even more.
There is no teaching or guidance from upper management, or support in anyway.
They do not provide medical insurance to the staff that are out there working their lives away for the individuals and the company. They also have very high behavior individuals that are very dangers to the direct care staff.
The Program Directors do receive benefits, but never get any pay increases.
And do not believe all the posts on here that are positive. They do log in here and add their own positive comments.
Pros
individuals
Cons
upper management
Don't even think about applying!
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2015
No work/life balance. 16 hours a day, 7 days a week is common. As a salaried employee, nobody cares about how much you work. Expensive health coverage, pain in the a** to get your expenses that you are entitled to reimbursed. Management is so ineffective, you might get them confused with the individuals served.
Pros
Free drinks 4 times a year
Cons
EVERYTHING
High Turnover
Support Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHApril 30, 2013
No work/life balance. Your job is your life. Staff always calls off and will quit if they don't find coverage. Coordinator HAS to cover for staff because PD's or above will not. Staff and coordinator receive NO medical insurance. Raises are only 10cents after a year. Management does not support their workers. High turnover rate! Staff barely make it past 3 months.
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare, unsafe conditions, no work/life balance, little raise.
Growing company
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 16, 2015
Local management out of touch with reality. Unreasonable expectations. Little staff with too much work. Company is growing and some of that is expected
Productive laid back
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 11, 2015
Fun place to work, great management, awesome clients to work with.
Co workers were great to work beside.I liked working with this company because they cared about there employees and there individauls that were through them
Company working with the DD field
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 17, 2015
No company culture or recognition for hard work. Work long hours, evenings and weekends, on salary way over the pay of 80 hours a week. Most of the co-workers are awesome and are willing to help out wherever needed.
Any Positive Reviews? You've got to be kidding?
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Painesville OhioJanuary 18, 2014
I worked for this company for one year as Program Director in northern office. The main office was in Summit Co. while we had homes in Lake. The group homes for DD sexual offenders were a mess. They were finally forced to close down due to many violations. I suppose ViaQuest itself has rebounded, from what I see, but VBH (Behavioral Health) was managed very poorly. The homes were in bad conditions staff was treated poorly and poor supervision of the clients was a concern frequently. I can't believe all the positive reviews I just read because in the mid-2000's, in the northern VBH locations, homes were closed due to serious violations and the culture was awful. Too much was asked of the house managers and program directors because the middle management didn't want to come visit the homes. Not surprising when things began to be a concern, legally. Went to trainings at the Dublin main office and was not impressed with staff qualifications or management there--they seemed to want to be detached and load the work on the branch offices, very fake friendliness and lack of taking responsibility by the main office.
Pros
salary would've been decent except i had to cover direct care so often
Cons
everything else!
I Truely enjoyed serving the Individuals that I work with
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHNovember 2, 2012
Working with DD individuals you have to always on your toes.
You have behaviors everyday, all day. But knowing that I can make a
difference in their life is so fullfilling! The average day alsoconsist of:
Daily contact with guardians and county representatives.
Team meetings, staff meetings, employee review and evaluations.
Financial support to individuals on my case load.
Pros
seeing the individuals that i serve make progress is so fullfilling!
Cons
compensation and supports
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 10, 2015
It's an okay place to work. The hours are often long and you feel very overworked without being noticed. Management is very unorganized.

2.9