ViaQuest Employee Reviews

Do not recommend. Heartless management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  pennsylvaniaJanuary 18, 2016
I was hired on as an RN case manager, salaried position, full time daylight. Was told upon offer of employment that I would be in a certain service area and when I completed training I didn't get the area I was told I would have and got bounced around every week. I was with the company for 3 months and got "laid off" 2 weeks before Christmas due to "low patient census" and with no certainty of possibly being called back. Now they have an ad looking for a part time RN. I never received a call asking if I would want to come back part time. I would NOT recommend this company.
Pros
a few nice caring co-workers
Cons
training was not long enough
Worst Place I've ever worked!
program director (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, OHJanuary 8, 2016
I was a program director out of Woodlawn and it was awful. 95 hour weeks were not unheard of, and because you are salaried, you don't get compensated with anything extra. You are unable to give your clients the care they deserve because you are so exhausted and overworked. We lost so many sites because we had no staff and things would go awry. Upper management doesn't care about you at all, either.
Cons
I had fun while I was there.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 6, 2016
I worked at this company only for externship purposes, for approximately 100 hours.
I really liked the people, they were all very friendly and seemed to work together very well. The office setting was very casual, which I enjoyed.
My job was mainly converting paper patient charts into electronic ones, while reviewing the data and correcting or updating it as needed.
The only reason I didn't apply for work there is because it's a little far away from where I live. However, I will continue to consider it in the future.
Pros
Relaxed work environment. Team members work together well.
Cons
Work may be a little repetitive. Not for someone who bores easily.
Growing company
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 16, 2015
Local management out of touch with reality. Unreasonable expectations. Little staff with too much work. Company is growing and some of that is expected
Productive laid back
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 11, 2015
Fun place to work, great management, awesome clients to work with.
Co workers were great to work beside.I liked working with this company because they cared about there employees and there individauls that were through them
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 10, 2015
It's an okay place to work. The hours are often long and you feel very overworked without being noticed. Management is very unorganized.
Caring for Client with Disabilities
Service Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJuly 7, 2015
It was great working with the clients but the hours suck. But it will get you to the next term in life. It showed me patient and understanding of disabilities. I enjoyed being around the clients and supporting them in many ways.
Don't even think about applying!
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2015
No work/life balance. 16 hours a day, 7 days a week is common. As a salaried employee, nobody cares about how much you work. Expensive health coverage, pain in the a** to get your expenses that you are entitled to reimbursed. Management is so ineffective, you might get them confused with the individuals served.
Pros
Free drinks 4 times a year
Cons
EVERYTHING
Ok place to work
Support Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 15, 2015
there was not enough training, and management was not helpful or supportive. You worked very long hours. The pay was good and there were annual raises.
Pros
wages
Cons
management, staff support
So So
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 16, 2015
Too much requested socializing outside of the office. Hours were long and there was too much politicing inside. If the job was based strictly on the work ethic it would have been ok.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Stress level
Former program director
program director (Former Employee) –  lake county ohioJanuary 25, 2015
this is a horrible place to work! Staff and management are overworked and underpaid! There is a reason they were forced to shut down their children's programs in lake county! And it's true they care only about drinking at company functions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
everything
Horrible place to work
Support Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OhJanuary 7, 2015
I am happy to be moving on with my life. The management could care less about the clients they serve. They didnt follow guidelines and when an employee did, they would write you up and try and get you fired. They hired anyone they knew and even If they didnt do the job right, nothing happened. They had clicks and the valley view office the program directors lie to the state about behavior plans, and you can get wrote up just for being honest about all of the nonsense that went on. They call it gossiping when its an exchange of information about the clients well being and how management is being neglectful. Client gained weight in their care and yet they have supervisors sneaking food because they scared. Why work there if you scared and cant do the job properly? I feel for the clients because the house I work at fired good employees or left like I did. So happy I did.
Pros
serving consumers
Cons
pay, no breaks, management, lack support, watch the consumers and their quality of life dwindle, and dealing with ignorant ghetto workers.
Overworked SSC!
Support Services Cooridnator (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHNovember 20, 2014
Please read this review before you apply for direct care employment. Very high turnover due to poor upper management. Executives spend so much time getting drunk and planning their next Happy Hour that there is a huge disconnect between the executives and direct care staff. I never received a raise for two years. Always told there was a wage freeze! Lies. No job-work balance due to always having to cover call-offs. No opportunity for advancement. Company hires new blood before they promote many times. The job culture is a joke. Company always preaches company culture yet doesn't even follow their own philosophy. Do not apply!
Pros
direct supervisor was organized and always willing to help.
Cons
everything else, poor upper management (executives), terrible company culture, nepotism and cronyism, no opportunities for advancement, no pay increases.
Hospice and homecare
Regional Business Development & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2014
Responsible for business development and operations management.
No proper orientation
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley ViewSeptember 22, 2014
No time from upper management to properly train staff. They send new staff out to do visits without knowing the documentation system and with no supervision. Viaquest is more worried about their management positions that they can't focus on keeping their staff happy. Very high turnover, avoid like the plague!!!
Pros
??
Cons
everything
Amazing healthcare company with a lot of culture
Director of Program Development (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 14, 2014
ViaQuest is a special place to work. We have a committed and passionate team who really care about our clients. We spend a lot of time building our company culture and it really shows. It's an amazing company!!
Pros
annual conference, regional team building events, opportunity to help/serve others
Great place to work, love the clients and coworkers
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 8, 2014
The company makes it fun to go to work. The clients are like family to me. I feel like I am helping them have a better life. My supervisors are very helpful.

Everyday I am making things better for people.
A place where you can advance and have fun
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Main OfficeApril 7, 2014
I have worked for ViaQuest for almost 10 years and I love this company!!! This company has given me so many great opportunities to advance in the field of working with individuals with disabilities. It is a great company to start your career in the DD field. They will give you the skills to become the best of the best within this field and more.
Pros
great culture; feels like family
Cons
no snow days:(
Great company with a Great Culture
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 7, 2014
Great working with individuals with special challenges
Management supports clients being active, this is great to go on outings with the individuals served.
ViaQuest Inc is a great place with great co-workers
Love helping others!!!
Pros
helping others
Program Director
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Valley VMarch 18, 2014
Viaquest should be closed down, upper management in this company do not care about the individuals they are there to care for/support, all they care about is getting drunk at the next mandatory bar meeting and that they get to go home to their lives and family's when the office is closed.
Program Directors and the direct care staff work their lives away trying to help the individuals, but get nothing in return, just asked to work more shifts or bend over even more.
There is no teaching or guidance from upper management, or support in anyway.
They do not provide medical insurance to the staff that are out there working their lives away for the individuals and the company. They also have very high behavior individuals that are very dangers to the direct care staff.
The Program Directors do receive benefits, but never get any pay increases.
And do not believe all the posts on here that are positive. They do log in here and add their own positive comments.
Pros
individuals
Cons
upper management

2.9