ViaQuest Employee Reviews

For-profit corporation.
Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2017
ViaQuest is a for-profit in-home care corporation. Because of that it is run like a for-profit corporation. While they care abut the client, they also care about making money. That leads to a bias in their decision making. But they do care about the clients.
Unorganized, poor management, Attitudes!
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 10, 2017
Getting to know the individuals was the best part about this job. Small quarterly bonuses (smallest I've received from all companies worked at). Hopefully you don't mind being at work doing direct care services and being in the office 40 hours a week also. Upper management not as involved unless you push issues in their face. No teamwork unless your friends with other managers who's attitudes were hostile.
Laid back and easy work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 10, 2017
A work environment that helps others with Disabilities. they do cleaning Restrooms,Offices, Kitchen, Desk Tops, Training Class for 1 hour a day and fun outings.
Pros
Parties
Cons
Not enough pay
Great Company Culture
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2017
Viaquest provides excellent service to employees and the individuals they serve. They are a company led by an excellent team of managers and executive level staff who do a great job at implementing servant leadership.
Never run out of work, pay sucks
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Woodland, OHMay 17, 2017
You can work 24/7 if you want. They don't care about the employees, don't pay what your worth. You have to put up with a lot working with MRDD verbal and other harassment, nothing ever gets done about it. It's a good place to get started in this field but you don't get paid nearly what others are paying.
Pros
All the over time you want
Cons
Everything else
Think twice before accepting a position
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAMarch 28, 2017
Management is tyrannical they fire on a whim. Dedicated and loyal employees are belittled and berated. There are no leaders at this company only bosses. The culture is one of fear and intimidation. You would be wise to stay away regardless of education or experience.
Cons
Company that doesn't care about the patients
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAMarch 25, 2017
This is a company that doesn't care about the patients or their families even though they're hospice patients. They don't care about their employees all they care about is throwing around their power and their control
Changing Consumers Life
Residential Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 25, 2017
-Very involved in consumer/ client, make close connections, impacting ones life by providing more independence

-about people with developmental disabilities, medical terms, practice patience, cpr, medication distribution

-program directors need to be more involved, better at scheduling, finding coverage on time

-flexible work hours

-seeing your consumer ill or upset

-knowing you are helping and changing a consumers/ clients life daily someway somehow
Pros
making an impact on ones life
Cons
low pay
Ok place to work for
Home Health Aide Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 14, 2017
OK place to work for but the company has not provided any raises in the last three years. Growing company with a lot of growing pains and no understanding of how to retain employees
Pros
The owner is a Great person
Cons
no room for advancement or no raises
Honest review of viaquest
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 7, 2017
ViaQuest is the best company I have ever worked for. I have never been at a company that values their employees and clients the way that ViaQuest does. They truly do carry out the company culture to be the provider of CHOICE for the individuals we serve.

- Growth Opportunities- ViaQuest values professional development. Employees are allowed to attend seminars, workshops, and other events to enhance their skill set. I often see internal promotions and transfers into higher roles. Management equips staff with the skill set needed to grow within the company. I have been promoted twice.

- Management and coworkers are always willing to help out. If I ever feel overwhelmed, I know that every single person on my team will jump in and offer assistance without hesitation. This makes me feel like they value my work/ life balance and it shows me that they want to see me succeed. They care about my mental/ emotional health. Flexible and understanding when personal issues arise at home.

-Client Focused- Everyone, regardless of job title, has the client's best interest in mind and cares passionately about the work being done. Everyone want to see the client reaching goals and becoming more independent. Employees always go out of their way to be the provider of CHOICE.

-Culture- They have several optional culture building events throughout the year. During the events, the different business lines give company updates so employees can become knowledgeable about what is going on in all areas of the business. The CEO is very transparent with his intentions and plans for the company's
  more... future. He discusses the direction we are heading and how it aligns with mission and vision. Educational portion where employees enhance skill set. Team building activity incorporated. Afterwards there is a short happy hour designed for professional networking. It gives employees the chance to build relationships with other professionals at ViaQuest and learn more about the company and services provided. These happy hours are tasteful and classy. The reviews that suggest otherwise are not true. I do not drink alcohol, along with other coworkers I know, and we have never once felt uncomfortable at an event. I have been to many events over the course of 8 years and have never had a bad experience.

CEO- Cares about clients and employees. Makes an effort to know all of the employees. Will often take departments out to lunch to build relationships. Very approachable. Makes himself available at cultural events to talk to staff. Lives out the values and mission of ViaQuest every day.

-Open Door Policy- Everyone has an open door policy. Employees feel comfortable sharing information and addressing issues. They also feel comfortable bringing new ideas to the table. Management listens to these ideas and often carries them out. Innovative company that encourages creativity.

-Philanthropy- Often involved in different community events, such as walks, runs, toy drives, food kitchen collections... any type of need the community has, ViaQuest employees create a team to get involved.
Pros
Client and employee focused, growth/ promotional opportunities, professional development/ networking, team building, open door policy, competitive pay/ bonus, genuine leader, transparent with goals and direction of company, involved in community, employees are very welcoming and friendly.
Cons
Nothing really comes to mind. I feel like any time I have an issue it gets resolved, so there are no "cons" at this time.

Want to know more about ViaQuest?

Ask a question
Productive, fun environment, a good client/staff relationship
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 5, 2017
A typical day is usually greeting the clients with a smile as they sign in, assuring the company has the proper insurance cards, ID, and updated paperwork. General conversation with clients.The workplace is at times hectic, by the team works together to accomplish tasks in a timely, orderly manner. Laughter is what makes the work place fun.Everyone accepts his/her responsibilities in order to keep a positive, fun atmosphere
Pros
Great staff/client relationship
Cons
No lunches
Sexualized corporate culture
You guess (Former Employee) –  you guessJanuary 18, 2017
I worked for a short time as a hospice chaplain. The video competition between the various divisions that was displayed at the annual company meeting was inappropriate in a business setting. The videos were blatantly and obnoxiously sleazy. The owner and his spouse at the time I worked there, were more concerned with their appearance than with anything else. Extreme disconnect between what they say they want their company culture to be and what it really is. This company besmirches the hospice movement. Do not work there!!!
Pros
My Clinical Manager, who was fired shortly after I left, was a kind and compassionate RN
Cons
More interested in making money than in providing quality care.
Not the place to work. Racist
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, OHDecember 21, 2016
Worked there for a short period of time as CD of hospice. Did not have staff, so was working in the office and out in the field and upper management never once offered any help. They set you up to fail from the beginning.
Team company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2016
The management are great people. Great company to accommodate scheduling restrictions. Worked for the company for 3 years love the support form management.
Unethical company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 26, 2016
The clients come first is a gimmick for the public and potential prospects. The clients go without and there are often often multiple investigations each week by the county. The CEO and upper management promote a 'don't ask don't tell' work environment. Unprofessional relationships, mandatory happy hours, and hiring multiple family members make for the foundation of this company. If your passion is to serve others, you will find this company disheartening as they are for profit at the expense of the most vulnerable.
Have productive, fun, outgoing clients at a warm, loving home that I enjoy working with.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2016
I have gained knowledge, trainings and certifications as well as close relationships with my clients and staff from working through this company.
Great working environment and a great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 3, 2016
Schedule is flexible, team members are always willing to assist. A great company to work for. The care about the welfare of their employees.
Pros
Mangement is great as long as you put in 100% productive time
Cons
Pay increase --
do not recommend
Direct Care Support (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Very unprofessional company. As many others have said their treatment of employees is unethical. In regard to my experience let's just say the way they handle things is a big red flag. If you'd like to work for a company that actual cares about its lower paid yet very important employees and its clients I'd look elsewhere.
Pros
Training is through
Cons
Unprofessional, unethical
Love terre haute
hospice (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work! Great group of people working together with one goal in mind: OUR PATIENTS! Thankful to wake up each day and not dread going to work! VIAQUEST TERRE HAUTE ROCKS!
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
pay is a tad low for all
Growing
HHA (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 16, 2016
It's growing, staff is short, people are grouchy. Patients complain and nobody ever does anything to fix it. Upper Management is rude. You can ask your supervisor a question and if they don't know they go up the chain and nobody ever gets back with you! Most of the people that work here are pretty laid back and nice to work with but most of them are drama, esp the nurses. The program that the charting is done on is ridiculous!
Pros
You can go home if you get off early
Cons
Nobody within the company ever knows what is going on.