ViaQuest Employee Reviews

Unethical company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 26, 2016
The clients come first is a gimmick for the public and potential prospects. The clients go without and there are often often multiple investigations each week by the county. The CEO and upper management promote a 'don't ask don't tell' work environment. Unprofessional relationships, mandatory happy hours, and hiring multiple family members make for the foundation of this company. If your passion is to serve others, you will find this company disheartening as they are for profit at the expense of the most vulnerable.
Alcoholism
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 14, 2016
Leader promotes alcoholism and sleeping around. Egomaniac. Not the place to work if you want to stay married. Upper management likes hiring attractive women, then dates them. Likes also hiring workaholics. Disease of addiction is the culture unfortunately. Upper management is unauthentic. Ironic that a company in the health care field is so toxic, or is it? Companies lead by leaders in active addiction are nightmares and this company is no exception. Keep praying Leader finds the rooms of recovery. Until then STAY AWAY from the disease.
Pros
If you like booze and sleeping around.
Cons
Toxic addiction crazed workplace.
Clients are awesome
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 9, 2016
You have to be careful what you say even if it's the right thing! I've had to bring/buy my clients food for their lunches, snacks, dinner & breakfast because PD's would only get a certain amount of money for them for groceries/house hold items. Some of the houses had bedbugs and by upper management letting people work in the houses spread those bugs. Staff was also allowed to pick up hours without being properly trained which caused many med errors with no consequences to those who made mistakes. So much BS is allowed if your part of the "CLICK". They show favoritism and have Upper management will try to make you work a shift because someone in their click called off. Then try to make you feel guilty or threaten you because you aren't able to pick that shift up last minute. The pay sucks!!!!!!! Some of the clients are the only reason this job is worth going back to day after day! I have and will NOT recommend ViaQuest for anyone to work.
Growing
HHA (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 16, 2016
It's growing, staff is short, people are grouchy. Patients complain and nobody ever does anything to fix it. Upper Management is rude. You can ask your supervisor a question and if they don't know they go up the chain and nobody ever gets back with you! Most of the people that work here are pretty laid back and nice to work with but most of them are drama, esp the nurses. The program that the charting is done on is ridiculous!
Pros
You can go home if you get off early
Cons
Nobody within the company ever knows what is going on.
do not recommend
Direct Care Support (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Very unprofessional company. As many others have said their treatment of employees is unethical. In regard to my experience let's just say the way they handle things is a big red flag. If you'd like to work for a company that actual cares about its lower paid yet very important employees and its clients I'd look elsewhere.
Pros
Training is through
Cons
Unprofessional, unethical
Great working environment and a great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 3, 2016
Schedule is flexible, team members are always willing to assist. A great company to work for. The care about the welfare of their employees.
Pros
Mangement is great as long as you put in 100% productive time
Cons
Pay increase --
Not a good place to work.
JOB DEVELOPER/JOB COACH (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2016
Waste of time. Management meaning higher ups only care about partying and sleeping with co workers. Enjoyed my time working with Day program . Awesome
Pros
Working and helping clients
Cons
They dont care about your family life.
Have productive, fun, outgoing clients at a warm, loving home that I enjoy working with.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2016
I have gained knowledge, trainings and certifications as well as close relationships with my clients and staff from working through this company.
Overworked SSC!
Support Services Cooridnator (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHNovember 20, 2014
Please read this review before you apply for direct care employment. Very high turnover due to poor upper management. Executives spend so much time getting drunk and planning their next Happy Hour that there is a huge disconnect between the executives and direct care staff. I never received a raise for two years. Always told there was a wage freeze! Lies. No job-work balance due to always having to cover call-offs. No opportunity for advancement. Company hires new blood before they promote many times. The job culture is a joke. Company always preaches company culture yet doesn't even follow their own philosophy. Do not apply!
Pros
Direct supervisor was organized and always willing to help.
Cons
Everything else, Poor upper management (executives), Terrible company culture, Nepotism and cronyism, No opportunities for advancement, No pay increases.
Terrible Company to Work For
Office (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 7, 2014
Good luck being a fit with this company! Turn over is extremely high with all levels of employees, including upper management. I worked there for almost a year and went through several managers. The company is so worried about their culture and buying employees over with alcohol that they forget about providing great service to their clients. Executive management is a joke. When they speak of work/life balance, what they are referring to is the laptop you will receive so that you can work 10 hours in the office, then another 5 hours when you are home in the evening, every day of the week, including weekends. This company has terrible benefits and pays low wages. All you will get in return for your hard work is alcohol.
Pros
There are none
Love terre haute
hospice (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work! Great group of people working together with one goal in mind: OUR PATIENTS! Thankful to wake up each day and not dread going to work! VIAQUEST TERRE HAUTE ROCKS!
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
pay is a tad low for all
Company has no focus
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 6, 2016
Be careful working for the company. They treat people like disposable paper towels. When they are done with you they throw you away. Management is very unfocused. Can not reccommend.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Management is Awesome!!!!
Resident Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 25, 2016
Overall, Viaquest is a good place to work. You can make more money for a position at Viaquest than you would in an equivalent position at another direct care company. Management staff is amazing, for the most part!
Stay away!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 9, 2016
This company is unethical and untrustworthy. Stay away from this company. Do not apply. Management does not care about anyone except their selves.
Program Director
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Valley VMarch 18, 2014
Viaquest should be closed down, upper management in this company do not care about the individuals they are there to care for/support, all they care about is getting drunk at the next mandatory bar meeting and that they get to go home to their lives and family's when the office is closed.
Program Directors and the direct care staff work their lives away trying to help the individuals, but get nothing in return, just asked to work more shifts or bend over even more.
There is no teaching or guidance from upper management, or support in anyway.
They do not provide medical insurance to the staff that are out there working their lives away for the individuals and the company. They also have very high behavior individuals that are very dangers to the direct care staff.
The Program Directors do receive benefits, but never get any pay increases.
And do not believe all the posts on here that are positive. They do log in here and add their own positive comments.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Upper management
Ok place to work
Support Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 15, 2015
there was not enough training, and management was not helpful or supportive. You worked very long hours. The pay was good and there were annual raises.
Pros
wages
Cons
management, staff support
High Turnover
Support Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHApril 30, 2013
No work/life balance. Your job is your life. Staff always calls off and will quit if they don't find coverage. Coordinator HAS to cover for staff because PD's or above will not. Staff and coordinator receive NO medical insurance. Raises are only 10cents after a year. Management does not support their workers. High turnover rate! Staff barely make it past 3 months.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, unsafe conditions, no work/life balance, little raise.
Do not recommend. Heartless management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  pennsylvaniaJanuary 18, 2016
I was hired on as an RN case manager, salaried position, full time daylight. Was told upon offer of employment that I would be in a certain service area and when I completed training I didn't get the area I was told I would have and got bounced around every week. I was with the company for 3 months and got "laid off" 2 weeks before Christmas due to "low patient census" and with no certainty of possibly being called back. Now they have an ad looking for a part time RN. I never received a call asking if I would want to come back part time. I would NOT recommend this company.
Pros
a few nice caring co-workers
Cons
training was not long enough
Any Positive Reviews? You've got to be kidding?
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Painesville OhioJanuary 18, 2014
I worked for this company for one year as Program Director in northern office. The main office was in Summit Co. while we had homes in Lake. The group homes for DD sexual offenders were a mess. They were finally forced to close down due to many violations. I suppose ViaQuest itself has rebounded, from what I see, but VBH (Behavioral Health) was managed very poorly. The homes were in bad conditions staff was treated poorly and poor supervision of the clients was a concern frequently. I can't believe all the positive reviews I just read because in the mid-2000's, in the northern VBH locations, homes were closed due to serious violations and the culture was awful. Too much was asked of the house managers and program directors because the middle management didn't want to come visit the homes. Not surprising when things began to be a concern, legally. Went to trainings at the Dublin main office and was not impressed with staff qualifications or management there--they seemed to want to be detached and load the work on the branch offices, very fake friendliness and lack of taking responsibility by the main office.
Pros
Salary would've been decent except I had to cover direct care so often
Cons
Everything else!
I had fun while I was there.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 6, 2016
I worked at this company only for externship purposes, for approximately 100 hours.
I really liked the people, they were all very friendly and seemed to work together very well. The office setting was very casual, which I enjoyed.
My job was mainly converting paper patient charts into electronic ones, while reviewing the data and correcting or updating it as needed.
The only reason I didn't apply for work there is because it's a little far away from where I live. However, I will continue to consider it in the future.
Pros
Relaxed work environment. Team members work together well.
Cons
Work may be a little repetitive. Not for someone who bores easily.

2.9