Viasystems Employee Reviews

good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJuly 12, 2017
I am working here over 13 years ,very good company with full benefits .The reason why i leave here because i have to take care my son...I working at outer layer my job began at clean room...than they moving around this department., last position is plating...
too many hours
CAD/CAM Designer (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJuly 7, 2017
no work/life balance. Poor Management. Too many chiefs not enough Indians kind of thing. Lead, Supervisor, manager, director, vp of Engineering....this is just too many people that really do not bring any thing to the hard working employees that could make a difference.
Pros
overtime if you want some people abuse it when there is no work
Cons
poor management
CNC Drilling
CNC Driller (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 18, 2017
I worked second shifts, I am not much of a second shift person. I would of liked to work a different shift to see my family bur was never given the chance too.
Pros
close to home
Cons
did not like second shift
Not a lot to offer workers
no comment (Former Employee) –  no commentMay 15, 2017
just wasn't the place for me during that period. no going to slam the company, there are good people who work there, but the pay scale makes it hard to get ahead out here.
Pros
you can have a normal work/life balance
Cons
pay scale
good place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2016
was a good place to work;if does not close down i still working there.
i have a good work environment , good communication between all workers, management, HR department and corporate people. good training on all areas needed to improve or implement new items or a new projects.
Pros
good company to work
Cons
wages are not the best.
Over all good company to work for
QC Inspector III (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORApril 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my job. I have been in the circuit board and semi-conductor business for over 20 yrs so I have alot of Experice and therefore feel at home in this enviroment. Would prefer to work a compressed work week and when Viasystem became TTM they went to a five to six days a week. Other than that they offered great benefit and in general good company to work for.
hate it
AOI Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 31, 2015
they do not apprecite the hrd work you put forth. they hire managers who know nothing of the company. they take their employees for granted
It is a very good company to work for.
CNC Machine Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORDecember 6, 2015
productive place to work with many challenges. management was very tough at times. many good people to work with and some not so friendly. hardest part was understanding the work flow and the reason for it. most enjoyable was making many friends.
Pros
alot of overtime if someone wanted
Cons
not many days off
People and Quality Oriented
Production Section Manager (Former Employee) –  San Germán, PROctober 15, 2015
I work for 18 year in Avon, is a good place to work. They have a good research and development area. The must important thing for Avon are maintain the customer satisfaction.
Benefits
Cons
Distribution Chanels and Marketing Chanels
Make products out of bare materials
Group leader and shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  North Jackson OhioSeptember 1, 2015
Learned many ways to ship products. Great co-workers. Hardest part of job was long hours and not enough time off. Most customers very specific on how to build and how to package and must be accurate.
Pros
Decent health benefits
Cons
Long mandatory hours and not enough time off
It gains me knowledge and skills.
Dry film Operator/AOI Operator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 13, 2015
It's usually common skill but essence of time in this kind of important. I learned that in able to achieved target time you need skip some personal matters. Management is one of my challenges because it changes time to time so new management new adaptation. It enjoys that I can easily adjust ti every new skills means I learn easily.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove OregonMay 31, 2015
I think its a great place to work but for me I need to improve my skill set and challenges. we are working 7 days a week and long hours and not much time for family.
Pros
Vacation time
Great Work Enviroment
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. LouisFebruary 22, 2015
Work day was pretty relaxed. Quiet corporate office. Co-workers very friendly and made sure I fit right in. Manager made me feel a part of the team right away.
Viasystems
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Corporate atmosphere, 8-5, kitchen in break room, free soda coffee and hot cocoa, free parking, nice area, subject matter experts are responsible for multiple systems
Lots of O.T
Drill operator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 28, 2015
Working in the exciting world of satellite communications.
Great people to work with - workload was tied to the telecommunications industry
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 23, 2015
ViaSystems was a great place to work. When I joined - we had more accounts than we could service. It took a few months to get all customer accounts satisfied. It was rapid expansion and it was exciting and challenging. When the telecommunications bubble broke - our workload decreased faster than it had increased. The reduced workload was not easy to work through. Instead of hiring people we were shedding people and those that remained had increased workloads and less production resources to accomplish their job.
Pros
Diversified customer base and workforce, regardless of what accounts any individual was assigned, all the program managers worked together to help each other.
Cons
Watching a compnay that was thriving go into survival mode
enjoy to sent pcbs which we made to customers.
mateial handler (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORSeptember 23, 2014
I proud of working on board of ships as an marine electrician many years.
Pros
traveling working
Cons
frindly coworkers
I enjoyed working at Viasystems
Inspector - RETIRED (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 3, 2014
Viasystems was an enjoyable place to work and I learned a lot concerning inspection and quality control. Management and co-workers got along well in a positive and productive atmosphere and the jobs were completed on time with great quality results. The jobs were sent to China and the Plant closed with little warning causing morale to decay. I was not happy !
Pros
Great positive atmosphere ( while it lasted )
Cons
closing the plant just prior to employee vesting.
Great people to work with
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 7, 2014
The entire team works as one. There is a directive that we all try to achieve. Customer's are happy and the place is always eager to change for the better.
Job in a Manufacturing Plant
Methods Engineer (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 9, 2013
I have been a Planner for the past 5 years. We specialize in taking customer PCB drawings and make manufacturing plans/guidlines that can be followed step by step. I love working on computers, and i get to do some IT work. But i usually do it without compensation. There is only lateral advancement and i basically have hit the top of what i want to do. We only get 30 minutes for lunch, and i feel like i am being watched all the time with my boss sitting right behind me.
Pros
It has a roof.
Cons
30 minute lunch, no advancement, no raise in 5 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viasystems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9