Viasystems

Viasystems United States Employee Reviews

Great Work Enviroment
Software Engineer (Former Employee), St. LouisFebruary 22, 2015
Work day was pretty relaxed. Quiet corporate office. Co-workers very friendly and made sure I fit right in. Manager made me feel a part of the team right away.
Viasystems
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Corporate atmosphere, 8-5, kitchen in break room, free soda coffee and hot cocoa, free parking, nice area, subject matter experts are responsible for multiple systems
Lots of O.T
Drill operator (Former Employee), Littleton, COJanuary 28, 2015
Working in the exciting world of satellite communications.
Great people to work with - workload was tied to the telecommunications industry
Program Manager (Former Employee), Milford, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: diversified customer base and workforce, regardless of what accounts any individual was assigned, all the program managers worked together to help each other.
Cons: watching a compnay that was thriving go into survival mode
ViaSystems was a great place to work. When I joined - we had more accounts than we could service. It took a few months to get all customer accounts satisfied. It was rapid expansion and it was exciting and challenging. When the telecommunications bubble broke - our workload decreased faster than it had increased. The reduced workload was not easy to work through. Instead of hiring people we were shedding people and those that remained had increased workloads and less production resources to accomplish their job.
enjoy to sent pcbs which we made to customers.
mateial handler (Former Employee), Forest Grove, ORSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: traveling working
Cons: frindly coworkers
I proud of working on board of ships as an marine electrician many years.
I enjoyed working at Viasystems
Inspector - RETIRED (Former Employee), VASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great positive atmosphere ( while it lasted )
Cons: closing the plant just prior to employee vesting.
Viasystems was an enjoyable place to work and I learned a lot concerning inspection and quality control. Management and co-workers got along well in a positive and productive atmosphere and the jobs were completed on time with great quality results. The jobs were sent to China and the Plant closed with little warning causing morale to decay. I was not happy !
Great people to work with
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 7, 2014
The entire team works as one. There is a directive that we all try to achieve. Customer's are happy and the place is always eager to change for the better.
Job in a Manufacturing Plant
Methods Engineer (Current Employee), Littleton, COAugust 9, 2013
Pros: it has a roof.
Cons: 30 minute lunch, no advancement, no raise in 5 years.
I have been a Planner for the past 5 years. We specialize in taking customer PCB drawings and make manufacturing plans/guidlines that can be followed step by step. I love working on computers, and i get to do some IT work. But i usually do it without compensation. There is only lateral advancement and i basically have hit the top of what i want to do. We only get 30 minutes for lunch, and i feel like i am being watched all the time with my boss sitting right behind me.
Passionate workforce, striving for customer satisfaction
Program Manager - North America Sector Lead (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: individuals with many years of collective experience to learn from
Cons: 401k matching no longer provided, no higher education reimbursement
Best part of my position is leading a strong group of individual to reach their best potential on a daily basis. Each day has its own set of new challenges that consistently test different skill sets. The hardest part of the job is seeing others not being held accountable for actions that negatively impact the bottom line and the business
Challenging
Frontend Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas CAApril 10, 2013
Pros: values the employee
Cons: too many overheads. example: they have director and a sr. director
Firefighters. I learned about ATE/BIB boards. The most enjoyable is interacting with the employee. They have a lot to share with the management.
Productive and fun workplace with various projects
Process Engineer/Program Manager (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 23, 2013
It's really challenging environment to work. I got enough experience working with knowledgeable engineers.
Hard work
CNC Drill Operator (Former Employee), Forest GroveFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: long hours
Hard work but can be rewarding at times. I enjoyed running the machines.
good people
employee (Former Employee), Forest Grove, ORFebruary 7, 2013
The people at this company are very good and easy to work with, management on the other hand is awful. They can't make a decision about anything. One minute you're working overtime the next minute they call it off.
A very good place to work
Pre-production Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Forest Grove OrgeonDecember 12, 2012
Pros: having say so in meetings and the ability to make change.
Cons: managing all 3 shifts for production can be too much at times.
Many hard working people working together.
it is a fast passed environment focused on quality and using the Lean/Kaizen methods for process improvements.

Hardest part of the job is to keep the flow of work constant with varying degrees of complexity of the circutboards. new processes are always being developed.

Best part is when customers are happy with our performance.
Productive workplace with a lot of things to do and improve
EMS & Metals Quotes Analyst (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch, ice cream fridays, good relationship with coworkers, this job is a good professional school due to all day you can learn something else.
Cons: the building is far away, it's too difficult to improve any process in this company even if you have good ideas
Pretty good management in the department that I'm currently work.

All days are too busy because we try to meet the days of our customers.

The hardest part of the job is to get the information from other departement on time and try to teach another persons to improve their jobs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that all days (if you want) you can learn something sometimes a grand lesson sometimes small lesson.
Dynamic organization that is willing to train
Financial Analyst/Accountant (Current Employee), Forest Grove, ORDecember 6, 2012
All in all Viasystems is a great place to start a career at. The hardest part of the job is understanding that they grow by acquisitions and that is the corporate culture. They do understand a work life balance and make sure employees are not working huge amounts of hours.

Viasystems Salaries