Vibra Healthcare Employee Reviews

i didnt like it
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 30, 2016
I was not fond of the crude and nosey work place and workers.My supervisor made it seem like my home life would affect my work life when i made sure and made it known it wouldnt. Some of my fellow coworkers worked really hard at either getting me fired or getting me to quit.
Pros
Free lunches and lovely nurses
Cons
Rude cooks
Very unstable work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 6, 2016
The culture of the work place, is every man for himself. The Management team does nothing to help, they just delegate. The work conditions are scary, and unsafe. There are atleast three temporary nursing agencies work there all at once. They cant keep people. You barely have time for a break or to even use the restroom. The patients are really sick, and require a lot of time, that you just don't have. Vibra has an extremely high turn over of staff that, will never ever change. You can change the name, but the place is the same old Kindred.
Pros
Pay scale, 12 hour shifts
Cons
Work conditions, poor management
Excellent Senior managment, poor financial systems
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2016
Reviewing ledger and correcting ledger. Determine actions required to avoid in the future.

Month end, manual adjustments to conform to GAP, review departments and discuss with managers variances to budget. Present variance report and discuss with Senior Management month end results
Pros
Senior management, supervisor
Cons
Poor financial systems
Ltac
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 16, 2016
very busy , overloaded, to many patients per nurse, coworkers were great and we were a partial team, management doesn't care about the patient or nursing ratios, its all about the money and keep taking patients even though no nursing staff.
It's a different level of care for a hospital and not well understood by some.
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2016
A great place for me to work and I have a great boss! I love my job. Easy to talk to the doctors. Much more of a team approach than the short term acute care hospitals.
Pros
Family work environment. No red tape. Good compensation. Teamwork.
Cons
Patients are chronically critically ill. High family expectations.
Don't Work for This Company
Medicaid (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2016
This company needs to close it's CBO in Irving Texas. Turnover rate is very high in people are still quitting after four years.
Pros
Cons
Management, Director
Unstable Management, unprofessional Medical Director
Hospitalist Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 13, 2016
I had the pleasure of working with Vibra for 3 months. I was initially quite impressed with the company entirely, however once a previously discharged Medical Director was welcomed back into the environment that satisfaction went away very quickly. I understand another change has been made, let's hope so. At that time the CEO was very pleasant to work with, my position didn't work out due to conflicts with the Medical Director. It's truly a shame that I wasn't given the opportunity to show more of my capabilities. Until Management is stabilized I don't see anything changing long term, but I do wish them all well. The facility is definitely needed in this community. Good luck to the next team.
Tough Place to work
Maintenance Mechanic / Engineer (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 28, 2016
1 of the most difficult jobs I have ever had and not because of the work. This is a Hospital and every penny was saved even when it could be a risk to the patients. It was all about saving money here and cutting hours there. we were under staffed and all the staff was under paid. Little respect was given to the employees other than lip service to quiet them down. In the 6 months I was active I watch at least half of the staff turn over. I also watched a Chiller for the facility fail due to poor management decisions about repairs. This may be burning a bridge but it is one I do not want to cross again.
Pros
Local staff were great
Cons
Corporate was all about money and not care or sustainability of their facility.
your co workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 24, 2016
The patients and coworkers make this job great however the upper management make it difficult to perform your job in a safe environment due to cutting staff to better suit their budjet
Pros
3 12hr shifts self scheduling
Cons
working short staffed
hospital acute care
PCA (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHSeptember 17, 2016
12 hour shifts and all hour care. helping patients with their needs and helping the nurses with daily activities. if they didn't enough patients for you they would cancel you or they would send you to trumble sometimes right before you were suppose to get to work.

Want to know more about Vibra Healthcare?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 24, 2015
Vibra Hospital Denver is a fast paced, long term acute care hospital with a small outpatient procedure area.
I've worked here for 15yrs and have been afforded many opportunites for knowledge and growth including oversight of the radiology department , liaison to our reference laboratory and, most recently, director of education.
This is a very exciting time for all of us at Vibra Hospital - Denver.
We are being challenged to demonstrate our knowlwedge and commitment to outstanding patient care.
Our present CEO and CCO are fairly new to our facility but have jumped in with both feet to lead us on a crusade to becoming No. 1!

I rate Compensation/Benefits with 5 stars. I could not get this area to take any number of stars.
Pros
Good teamwork amongst the staff. Dedicated leadership team.
Cons
Fast pace majority of the time.
Worst place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 17, 2016
Management sucks! Pay sucks! Environment sucks! But you do learn a lot there take the experience and then go after 6 months
Striving to be the best
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2015
Have worked for this organization for many years and helped create a culture of excellence by creating an environment of honesty, work ethic and the best patient experience that the patient/family will allow. This was from the early days that had many issues and faults but I determined to overlook those issues and create a exceptional healthcare facility.

Though not perfect, I see a management/staff whose interest is providing the necessary tools and equipment to do a great job within the limitations of financial stewardship and regulatory environment. Despite that, we succeed.

I have seen and participated in significant investment in capital improvements to the patient care experience and facilities to ensure the patient and employee experience is the best it can be.

If you are average you are either the worst of the best or best of the worst. I choose not to be average. There is still work to be done so take a look and see if you can add to the endeavors we are pursuing….
Nice place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 31, 2016
This is the second time you asked me to fill this out. So I am just gonna put some words in here, because I want to complete this process. Is this enough words?
Productive place to work and have fun helping patients get better
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, MADecember 23, 2015
Customer phone service. Collaborating appointments, for patients with providers, nurses, patients, and families. Coordinating services of admissions and discharges of patients. Knowledgeable of Medical terminology such as dual mental health issues and complex medical diagnosis. One to one care provided to patients in mental health crisis. Most rewarding part of this job is when patients walk out the door completely rehabilitated. Most difficult part is when they do not survive. Management is a great team to work with they support me in my role of getting the job complete.
Excellent place to work!
Infection Control/Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 24, 2015
I rate Vibra Hospital 5 out of 5 stars for excellent job/work life balance, compensation/benefits, job security/advancement, management and job culture.
Difficult to move up in the Hospital
Scheduling Coordinator/Payroll Editor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 4, 2015
It is a difficult place to work due to micromanaging of Corporate and management on site. Wanting to move up in positions is difficult, management listen to your requests but nothing is done.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
no room for advancement and competition between management on site and corporate.
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Mt PleasantSCOctober 20, 2015
Great place to work. Challenging but can be done. People work as a team. All from the top down are smiling and eager to assist all. Great medical doctors. Opportunity is there to grow. A culture of excellence and support. One of the best places I have worked at.
Pros
Supportive mangament
Cons
Policies need to be readily available. Management is actively working to correct
Workplace in Flux
RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 6, 2016
Changing for the better, very high acuity levels, a great place to learn A LOT. Hard work, but very rewarding. I need twenty words?
Pros
you will use all of your skills
Cons
short staffing at times
Great place to work with great management
Billing Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 16, 2012
This organization is a wonderful place to work with an excellent management team. However, the opportunities for advancement are very limited and the compensation package is not up to par. I enjoy the team environment and have gained extensive knowledge in the field of medical billling. If not for the limited opportunity and less than desirable compensation, I would be completely satisfied with my position within the organization.
Pros
management, co-workers, team environment
Cons
compensation, limited advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vibra Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9