As part of the development team, the candidate will play a senior developer role and will potentially have experience architecting and developing enterprise applications. The developer will occasionally work with customers to align the technology platform to their business needs by providing strong technical leadership and architectural guidance in the delivery of our solutions.
Key Outcomes (Deliverables):
- Key role in implementation and successful delivery of high end solutions for Vibrant’s clients.
- Work with customers to translate the customer requirements into a working solution. Involves significant development and application configuration.
- Architect and develop with a balanced view of key quality metrics such as performance, scalability, reliability and interoperability.
- Participate in full lifecycle of an implementation including requirements definition, business analysis, system configuration and support.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of core products in a customer’s environment.
- Support QA and acceptance test activities of custom solutions & implementations
- 7-8 Years of experience leading large complex J2EE integration projects.
- Solid experience in J2EE Technologies (JSP, Servlets, EJB, WebServices)
- Good breadth of technical experience including: Messaging Middleware, Service Oriented Architectures, Web Services, XML, Java and Databases
- Able to rationalize architectural / design decisions in an objective manner
- RDMS experience in MSSQL/Oracle
- Strong experience with development methodologies such as XP, Agile or SCRUM
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies including enterprise application integration, database design and configuration, web applications, operating platforms, security and networking
- Experience integrating enterprise technology platforms.
- Solid command of OOD principles / Design patterns using Java/J2EE - Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills
- Possess a strong technical background and willingness to learn - Willingness to travel occasionally.
Other helpful Qualifications:
- Android knowledge, integration
- DRM knowledge
- Architectural Subsystems integration: Video on Demand Systems, Content Management Systems, Subscriber Management, Commerce, Billing systems, etc.
- Experience in the telecommunications, cable, and/or media industries
- Prior professional services / consulting background