The person in this role will be responsible for creating, maintaining and enhancing database systems and troubleshooting related database code. You should have experience developing TSQL scripts under Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and newer versions. We’re NOT looking for Database Administrators or simply DBAs. Knowledge of C# and .NET development is also required as you will be responsible for data layer development and architecture and activities in our development teams. We select team members based on being self-starters, design and programming ability, attention to detail, commitment to bug-free code and fit with our close-knit agile team.
Key Outcomes (Deliverables):
- Participates actively in all phases of application development including planning and analysis, design, development, and testing.
- Refactors, designs, and develops common features to be used across several database applications.
- Provides architectural and database technical expertise to the database team concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during design and development phases. This includes but is not limited to the appropriate use of design, code reviews, and unit tests.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and operational procedures for areas of responsibility.
- B.S. required in Computer Science or other technical field; MBA is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of designing and working with databases using Microsoft SQL Server in a professional team environment
- Proficient architecting and developing databases using Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2012 (T-SQL and associated DDL)
- Strong experience with development methodologies such as XP, Agile or SCRUM
- Microsoft .NET technologies such as C#, Entity Framework and other ORM frameworks
- Leadership capabilities and experience supporting and mentoring peers
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to achieve results within tight deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and as part of a team