Viceroy Hotel Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Interesting, but not in a good way
Front Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 31, 2015
Busy work environment, generally understaffed. Upper management (going to the very top) is a joke. They don't have much respect within the industry. The pay is okay if you can deal with the favoritism and politics. I have never seen a property where titles were created out of nowhere and given to people who had absolutely no qualifications to be in that position. If you are not in the "click" might as well be completely out.
Productive and fun with walking club, pingpong table, etc.
Accountant/Finance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2012
I work daily with busy and professional environment and I really enjoy working here and just too far commutting.
I learn about hospitallity industry and enjoy working with my co-workers becuase they are very pleasant and professionals.

The hardest part of job is when I need to prepare reports in 30 mins for executives and I need to do everything accurately, correctly under pressures but I manage my time very well.

the most enjoyable working here is learning type of different people, diversity, culture, and ideas, etc.
Pros
getting hotel employees discount and f&b discount.
Cons
driving traffic and is too far too commute.
Great to Work
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2014
Being part of Viceroy Hotel group since October 2012 and working Task Force for various of their properties to unify properties to corporate specifications an standards has given the international exposure of IFRS to my statewide career in where a broader professional spectrum is acquired.
Productive and Challenging Workpalce
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Working for Viceroy was overall a good experience. My co workers were amazing and were what kept me excited for work. Direct management were friendly and helpful as much as they could be. However they were constantly under staffed which made everyone job much more difficult.
Urban Luxury Boutique Hotel
CHEF DE CUISINE (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Responsible for supervision of the entire kitchen operation.
• Scheduling of kitchen employees.
• Assist the Chef in all aspects of hiring, training, review, and termination of kitchen employees.
• Maintain and update all required files and company documentation forms.
• With the Chef, review food and labor costs of entire operation on a regular basis.
• Ordering, inventory, budget, scheduling, and training staff on new menu.
114 all suite hotel, urban luxury boutique hotel
Incompetent Management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COOctober 7, 2013
Pro: Great co workers, excellent food and kitchen. Long lasting friendships gained. Excellent discount program.

Con: They care very little for their employees. Always felt my job was in jeopardy and I could very easily be replaced. Incompetence is rewarded as hard work goes unappreciated.I always had to keep an second job because I never felt secure.
Viceroy
Valet/Front Drive Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Snowmass, COFebruary 18, 2014
Good hotel to work for.
High end clientele
strong sense of team among staff