Viceroy Hotel Group Employee Reviews

L'ermitage
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 4, 2017
The pay was really low compared to other hotels in the area considering it is a 5 star hotel. Management was not the best in all departments. Always under staffed even when they claimed to be fully staffed. A lot of pressure on staff to not loose 5th star. Favoritism is a huge thing here.
Pros
Parking available on property
Cons
Pay
Excellent and above average company to be employed by
Vice President of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CaliforniaMarch 15, 2017
Excellent company with great overview of operations and concern with colleagues. Fantastic designs conducted by their designer and implementation of said designs per locality and hotel.
Pros
Excellent employers
Cons
N/a
Room for advancement
Reservations Agent / Group Rooms Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Between the culture, the product, and the environment Viceroy was by far my favorite place to work. I highly recommend Viceroy to anyone looking to grow in the hotel industry.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no free parking
Fun place to work at
Front Office Supervisor/Reservations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2015
Luxury hotel. Parking offered to managers. Cafeteria with ok food. Only 162 rooms. Lot's of care for employees. Lot's of team building with previous GM.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
no room for growth
Interesting, but not in a good way
Front Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 31, 2015
Busy work environment, generally understaffed. Upper management (going to the very top) is a joke. They don't have much respect within the industry. The pay is okay if you can deal with the favoritism and politics. I have never seen a property where titles were created out of nowhere and given to people who had absolutely no qualifications to be in that position. If you are not in the "click" might as well be completely out.
Great to Work
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2014
Being part of Viceroy Hotel group since October 2012 and working Task Force for various of their properties to unify properties to corporate specifications an standards has given the international exposure of IFRS to my statewide career in where a broader professional spectrum is acquired.
Viceroy
Valet/Front Drive Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Snowmass, COFebruary 18, 2014
Good hotel to work for.
High end clientele
strong sense of team among staff
Productive and Challenging Workpalce
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Working for Viceroy was overall a good experience. My co workers were amazing and were what kept me excited for work. Direct management were friendly and helpful as much as they could be. However they were constantly under staffed which made everyone job much more difficult.
Incompetent Management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COOctober 7, 2013
Pro: Great co workers, excellent food and kitchen. Long lasting friendships gained. Excellent discount program.

Con: They care very little for their employees. Always felt my job was in jeopardy and I could very easily be replaced. Incompetence is rewarded as hard work goes unappreciated.I always had to keep an second job because I never felt secure.
Productive and fun with walking club, pingpong table, etc.
Accountant/Finance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2012
I work daily with busy and professional environment and I really enjoy working here and just too far commutting.
I learn about hospitallity industry and enjoy working with my co-workers becuase they are very pleasant and professionals.

The hardest part of job is when I need to prepare reports in 30 mins for executives and I need to do everything accurately, correctly under pressures but I manage my time very well.

the most enjoyable working here is learning type of different people, diversity, culture, and ideas, etc.
Pros
getting hotel employees discount and f&b discount.
Cons
driving traffic and is too far too commute.