Vicksburg Warren School District Employee Reviews

Job Outlook
Teacher Assistant (Vicksburg Junior High School) (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 20, 2017
For all jobs that I have held or currently hold; I really enjoy the working environment. One of my life's motto'' is that "I love my job"l this slogan keeps me motivated throughout the workday. To land a long term working career is a long term goal that I want to achieve.
This was a fun place to work.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 24, 2017
I did at one point love my job, but now it's a bit stressful dealing with difficult children in today world.i'm getting older and patience wearing a bit thin.
Pros
flexable
Cons
healthcare
Loved my job and working for my Supervisor!
Athletic Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 13, 2017
Vicksburg Warren School District have pretty good benefits. Their pay is rather low. My supervisor retired or I would have never left. He was a great person to work with.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Low rate of pay
vwsd
Substitute Teacher /Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSSeptember 19, 2017
my experience working with the school district was fun working at the different schools was great i learned alot of new thing as far as working in office to being a gym teacher to overall everything
Pros
had lunch breaks
Cons
and no health care because i was a substitute teacher
Stresful work enviroment
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJuly 24, 2017
In need of some serious changes. The system is flawed. Good teachers who desire to be there and work as a teacher are pushed away whole others who are simply holding a job are advanced. Major changes are needed to secure a future of the public school system.
I love working for the district.
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  VICKSBURG,MSJuly 11, 2017
I love showing up for work. My boss was the best. I enjoy weekends off, holidays and summer breaks. I enjoyed my job to the fullest. The pay was okay.
A real learning experience
Executive Assistant to School Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 27, 2017
I got a job working for the superintendent of the newly created school district. It was a very exciting time to work for the school district, and I got to meet many influential persons in the community. The boss was a great guy, but a bit on the phobic side. He wanted everyone to like him and felt like he was constantly on display. Which I guess he was because he was the new guy in a new system. But he did a great job.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Lots of evening meetings
Working with Others was Amazing
Principal flutist (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 20, 2017
Working with this company was a great experience! I got to grow as a person, while learning the ends and outs of the business of music. I have gained many interpersonal skills that will stay with me a life time.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
The absolute best hands down!
Sixth Grade Language Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS 39180March 18, 2017
This school district sets the standard for education. VWSD by far is the best in curriculum management and appreciation for their employees! Find ever moved back to Mississippi I would apply to work back in the Vicksburg school district.
Pros
Good at everything!
Cons
Children must be the reason for the career
Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSDecember 22, 2016
A typical day consist of attempting to teach the lesson provided by the curriculum, escorting children of all ages everywhere from lunch and activities to the bathroom. You may get a break if you do not have a meeting with a parent or administration during that time which happens more often than not. The hardest part about the job is knowing you have no administration support. The only support you get are from fellow teachers. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are making a difference in children's lives no matter how subtle.
Pros
Children, Holidays off, Weekends off
Cons
Children, Adults (administration and parents), doing multiple jobs at one time, low salary

Want to know more about Vicksburg Warren School District?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJuly 5, 2016
I enjoy my job.i drove bus for public.
I took kids to and from school.
the hardest part was leaving them.
i enjoy spending time with the kids
Pros
time with kids
Friendly work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working with students on a daily basic. I learned not to take life for granted,and plans do not work out the way you planned it. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We all was able to lean on each others on bad days. My dislike with this job was that the principal job seems to turn over every two years.
Pros
Good Fringe Benefits
Cons
There was not enough funds for students supplies.
Busy and loving job
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 7, 2015
Most days for me are really busy. I begin my days with answering calls, waiting on students and the teachers, putting data into the computer, and completing purchase orders for the staff. The best part of my day is when I'm able to put a smile on the student's face.
Pros
Playing an important part to the students throughout the school
Cons
Pay is not the best
Working with the school district was wonderful to me.
Elementary School Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MsSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day of work with this school district was very busy. There was very little "down time" which is something that I liked about it. I learned a lot about the educational system not only in Mississippi but in other states as well. The co-workers that I had were wonderful. We always worked as a team. Whenever someone needed help we had no problem with assisting them. The hardest part of the job was having to report certain things to DHS, Vicksburg Police and other Law Enforcement Organizations. The most enjoyable part was knowing that what we did made positive differences in children's lives.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Reporting others
I enjoyed watching the students grow and learn a new skill.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSSeptember 19, 2015
My duties required me to keep students on task. I was to cover the classroom in the teacher absence. I accompany the students to the playground and to their different activities. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the students face light up when they understood a concept.
Very productive
SUBSITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg MsFebruary 11, 2015
Being able to work with the students one on one and seeing a dramatic change within the student was my greatest joy. Some of the students that I have helped over the years now will be graduating this school year or the following school year and that will be one my proudest moments because I know that I am a product of that in some type of way.
Very Productive
SUBSITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg MSJanuary 7, 2015
I love working with the kids. It was joy everyday going in working with them.
A place to Learn and excel
Temporary Resource Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSAugust 26, 2014
Great place to work, students with all different types of background.
Pros
Great place to work, grow, and get benefits.
Cons
Different Days of Work, Not schedule, Calling in, instead of a steady schedule.
Educational and very Productive
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSApril 29, 2014
Teaching children with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities
friendly environment an all day learning experience
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grove Street Non-traditional SchoolJanuary 17, 2014
The day starts out smoothly. Students and staff are eagerly ready to start the learning process. We have a great support team that makes sure all goes accordingly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with discipline problems, but the best part is when you have reached a student and helped him or her accomplish their goals or task.