Vicksburg Warren School District

Vicksburg Warren School District Employer Reviews

A place to Learn and excel
Temporary Resource Teacher (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great place to work, grow, and get benefits.
Cons: different days of work, not schedule, calling in, instead of a steady schedule.
Great place to work, students with all different types of background.
Educational and very Productive
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSApril 29, 2014
Teaching children with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities
friendly environment an all day learning experience
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Grove Street Non-traditional SchoolJanuary 17, 2014
The day starts out smoothly. Students and staff are eagerly ready to start the learning process. We have a great support team that makes sure all goes accordingly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with discipline problems, but the best part is when you have reached a student and helped him or her accomplish their goals or task.
Fun work place, great children, safe enviroment
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSJune 18, 2013
Pros: everyone can work together under any circumstances
Cons: not enough support
I like my job with or without flaws. I have learned a great deal at this school/ a lot of workshops. I like when we have the PBIS celebrations with the children. My job is not hard at all. I am now married and want a new surrounding.
Great way to see if teaching fits your working profile
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSMarch 13, 2013
Pros: reaching out a changing students lives
Cons: students can be a bit disrespectful
Provided extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
Supervised students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
Enforced administration policies and rules governing students.
Instructed and monitored students in the – more... use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage. – less
Learning environment
Teacher (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSSeptember 12, 2012
My day starts with me calling roll and immediately starting my class with the daily stretches. Next we proceed right into our activity for the day which is usally cardio or a specific team activity. Finally we finish our activity and continue on to the cool down stretches and my class changing back into their school clothes and departing for class. – more... The principal is my manager and he does a great job at letting the teachers do their job and not micro-managing. My co-workers are very enthusiastic and goal-oriented. We all get along sharing ideas and tips with each other on a daily basis. The most difficult part of my job is persuading my students to leave their cell phones at home. The most enjoyable part of my job is going every day striving to make a positive difference in a students life. – less

About Vicksburg Warren School District

The Vicksburg Warren School District operates a district level Title I pre-school program. The mission of the program is to prepare – Read more