Vicksburg Warren School District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Friendly work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working with students on a daily basic. I learned not to take life for granted,and plans do not work out the way you planned it. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We all was able to lean on each others on bad days. My dislike with this job was that the principal job seems to turn over every two years.
Pros
Good Fringe Benefits
Cons
There was not enough funds for students supplies.
Working with the school district was wonderful to me.
Elementary School Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MsSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day of work with this school district was very busy. There was very little "down time" which is something that I liked about it. I learned a lot about the educational system not only in Mississippi but in other states as well. The co-workers that I had were wonderful. We always worked as a team. Whenever someone needed help we had no problem with assisting them. The hardest part of the job was having to report certain things to DHS, Vicksburg Police and other Law Enforcement Organizations. The most enjoyable part was knowing that what we did made positive differences in children's lives.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Reporting others
Busy and loving job
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 7, 2015
Most days for me are really busy. I begin my days with answering calls, waiting on students and the teachers, putting data into the computer, and completing purchase orders for the staff. The best part of my day is when I'm able to put a smile on the student's face.
Pros
Playing an important part to the students throughout the school
Cons
Pay is not the best
I enjoyed watching the students grow and learn a new skill.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSSeptember 19, 2015
My duties required me to keep students on task. I was to cover the classroom in the teacher absence. I accompany the students to the playground and to their different activities. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the students face light up when they understood a concept.
Very productive
SUBSITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg MsFebruary 11, 2015
Being able to work with the students one on one and seeing a dramatic change within the student was my greatest joy. Some of the students that I have helped over the years now will be graduating this school year or the following school year and that will be one my proudest moments because I know that I am a product of that in some type of way.
Great way to see if teaching fits your working profile
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 13, 2013
Provided extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
Supervised students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
Enforced administration policies and rules governing students.
Instructed and monitored students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
Pros
reaching out a changing students lives
Cons
students can be a bit disrespectful
friendly environment an all day learning experience
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grove Street Non-traditional SchoolJanuary 17, 2014
The day starts out smoothly. Students and staff are eagerly ready to start the learning process. We have a great support team that makes sure all goes accordingly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with discipline problems, but the best part is when you have reached a student and helped him or her accomplish their goals or task.
Learning environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSSeptember 12, 2012
My day starts with me calling roll and immediately starting my class with the daily stretches. Next we proceed right into our activity for the day which is usally cardio or a specific team activity. Finally we finish our activity and continue on to the cool down stretches and my class changing back into their school clothes and departing for class. The principal is my manager and he does a great job at letting the teachers do their job and not micro-managing. My co-workers are very enthusiastic and goal-oriented. We all get along sharing ideas and tips with each other on a daily basis. The most difficult part of my job is persuading my students to leave their cell phones at home. The most enjoyable part of my job is going every day striving to make a positive difference in a students life.
A place to Learn and excel
Temporary Resource Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSAugust 26, 2014
Great place to work, students with all different types of background.
Pros
great place to work, grow, and get benefits.
Cons
different days of work, not schedule, calling in, instead of a steady schedule.
Very Productive
SUBSITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg MSJanuary 7, 2015
I love working with the kids. It was joy everyday going in working with them.
Educational and very Productive
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSApril 29, 2014
Teaching children with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities
School Bus Driver
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 6, 2013
Reasonable for 50 students on a weekly route. Great benefits.
Pros
great benifits

4.6