Vicon is the world leader in motion capture, developing high performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. Vicon products have been used in most major feature films and many games and TV commercials. We have offices in Oxford, Denver and Los Angeles. This position is located in our Denver office.
This position will work closely with the US Sales Team and UK based Marketing. The successful candidate will have been involved with the creative design process, have experience managing tradeshow and events, written extensive copy for a technical product, have strong editing skills, have a fun attitude and be willing to take on projects relating to events/conferences and marketing.
- Plans national and some international events and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; working with external vendors; coordinating mailing lists
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements
- Monitors budgets
- Reaches out and actively maintains social media channels
- Graphic design – editing existing content templates with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator for case studies and product tech sheets etc.
- Website content management
- Work with product managers to create content and messaging for new product launches
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2-4 years experience in Marketing Communications, Advertising, or related field
- Independent, accomplishment oriented individual with strong communication skills who works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail. Possess initiative and leadership skills. Well organized and able to balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Solid skills are required in the following software: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Knowledge of tradeshow organization, events management, printing process, email and web marketing mediums required. Knowledge of marketing campaign tracking and reporting and experience with Google Ad Words and social media marketing is preferred.
- Some travel, domestic and international required
Vicon offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurance, company matched 401(k) plan, generous vacation allowance, and coworkers who are driven to succeed and enjoy a fun, challenging work environment.
Vicon is a subsidiary of OMG plc, a public company founded in 1984 with a proven track record of growth, financial stability, technical innovation and long-term customer relationships. We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.