Robust industrial experience brought about by engagement in complex and challenging projects. Opportunity to be a significant contributor.
Pros: encouraging work environment, delicious and cheap food, overtime pay, no strict dress code
Cons: may need extra time commitment depending on production issues/timeline
Working at Vicor has been a very positive and constructive experience in my collegiate career. The projects I undertook allowed me to:
- Learn what goes on in maintaining a production/assembly line
- Industry standard statistical analysis, graphing and technical writing
- Quality Control (PFMEA, Control Plans)
- Working efficiently with cross-functional disciplines
- Problem solving and associating it to its $ value
- Communicating with vendors
- See how the ISO/TS system works and how it is implemented into a factory setting.
- Broadened my thinking level by forcing me to come up with more than one design/solution for any problem that may occur.