VICTIM SUPPORT Employee Reviews

Victim and Witness Support Worker - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  East MidlandsJanuary 12, 2016
Supporting victims and families of crime. Helping people cope with the impact of crime on their lives. Assisting people through the criminal justice system by warning for court attendance.
Very poor management
Support Worker(volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENGNovember 4, 2015
What I learned from management is that they want to see results but often lose sight of how to get these results.Staff morale is at its lowest ebb.
Good
Divisional Project Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Clapham Junction, ENGOctober 23, 2015
Victim support is a good place to work. It is very interesting however, the management wasn't always prepared and could have been better, Employees are very supportive and helpful. You meet loads of volunteers and in general its a nice place to be at.
Satisfying job
Victim Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENGOctober 22, 2015
A rewarding organisation to work for if you enjoy making a difference. Worked for VS for 18 years which shows how much I loved working there.
Branch Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  KentOctober 3, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Victim Support,working within a small team who became very close friends. The work was demanding but provided a high level of job satisfaction. I completed many training programmes, gaining much experience and knowledge. It was this that prepared me for my current role. Due to changes within the structure of the organisation, the office was closed had it not been for this I am sure I would still be working for Victim Support.
Pros
I loved every minute.
Cons
I had no choice but to seek alternative employment.
great introduction to the real world of victims...
Victim care officer (Current Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 3, 2015
I really enjoy speaking to victims of crime. This role is a real eye opener to the real world of victims and the traumas people face daily.
Pros
meet great people
Cons
30 minute lunch break
Productive and fun workplace
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENGJuly 24, 2015
Excellent work environment with wonderful colleagues in a lovely environment. i learnt to work with clients and with service in line with the organisations policy and practice. ensuring that service users are satisfied with the service that i provided in the form of data management etc.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
short hours
An excellent service giving emotional and practical support to victims of crime.
Victim Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, ENGJuly 2, 2015
A very rewarding environment to work in if you enjoy helping, assisting and interacting with people.

I was provided with full and in-depth training to help support victims of crime.

Great new skills learned.

Victim support provides good and fair treatment of all their workers.
Fantastic dedicated staff
Divisional Administrator (Former Employee) –  LeicesterJune 24, 2015
There was no such thing as a typical day at work, it was always busy but rewarding. The team were committed to ensuring that the needs of the clients were met and it was a very supportive working environment.
Pros
Supportive, caring colleagues
Cons
Pay rates
Interesting and satisfying
Witness Service Volunteer (Current Employee) –  South Shields, ENGJune 6, 2015
Great people and great organisation to get involved with. Professional service offered to help people through what can be a traumatic time.
Exciting and challenging work duties
Support Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham/BirminghamMay 12, 2015
As a volunteer, I was responsible for handling various types of case loads. I provided support over the phone and did home visits to victims if needed. I worked closely with my Manager, so I could give her updates on my cases as soon as possible and to take on new ones.

Victim support is a great company to work with and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I have supported and helped my victims feel comfortable and happier within themselves.
Pros
Reimbursement of travel and phone line costs
Cons
Handling the time between home life and work life
Interesting place to work
Victim Contact Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ENGApril 28, 2015
Fun place to work and good people. A lot to learn. Could do with some improvements in management. Its fine for the most part.
Very enjoyable, working in a team.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodford, ENGApril 26, 2015
Learning all about how to work in this environment will be going on trainings shortly. Making appointments for alarm and security instillation for homes, that have been burgled. Entering information on Excel, logging everything from start to when the job is completed.
Manual function are keeping copies in folders.
Pros
Friendly work place.
Extremely Rewarding
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  National.April 24, 2015
I call and/or visit victim's of crime to discuss problems they have as a result of the crime and strive to address them as best we can.
A large part of the role is listening to the victim's as they talk about how they feel. Victim's regularly don't need advice but just someone to listen to them as they may not have family or friends they feel they can talk to.
Pros
Knowing you've helped someone in a difficult time/situation.
brilliant organisation
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawley, ENGApril 3, 2015
I have been involved with Victim Support for 8 years. 6 as a volunteer and 2 as SDA in the Witness Service at Magistrates Court, before becoming Manager in Crawley.It is a professional organisation and passionate about what they do and the service they provide. Throughout my time with them I have learned so much about the complexities of life and emotions. I am proud to say I was an employee of theirs and I would recommend them 100%
Pros
meeting people and dealing with challenging situations. Feeling like you made a difference
Cons
paperwork and computer systems!!!
Meeting interesting people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Great Yamouth Magistrates CourtMarch 25, 2015
Whilst volunteering for Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court I am responsible for dealing with the welfare of witnesses that come to the court. I demonstrate and have developed competent organisational skills, and the ability to communicate well with others, including a polite and professional telephone manner. I explain the court procedure and where needed show witnesses into a courtroom to show where Magistrates, legal advisers and solicitors sit. I am available to help a witness read through their statement.
Pros
Helping others.
very supportive team
I dependent Domestic Violence Advisor (Current Employee) –  WatfordMarch 17, 2015
I enjoyed my role with Victim Support, my co workers were very supportive, the funding situation can be difficult, and my role was 9 month contract.
I have good support from my direct line manager.
Pros
My line manager is excellent, and I enjoy the work
Cons
short term contracts due to funding
voluntary work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  leicesterFebruary 26, 2015
Thia is a voluntary positon, helping clients come to terms with crimes that have been commited against themselves.
I mostly call up victims of crime and listen to how they are feeling and help them come to terms with what has happened. Offering help and security within their home.
Pros
helping others
Cons
voluntary dont get paid
Emotional Support Volunteer (Former Employee) –  ENGJanuary 22, 2015
great place to work and gain experience
Great training
Get to meet different people and help them through their ordeal of the after affects of crime
Pros
great training
Fantastic charity to work for
Support Worker (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, ENGDecember 5, 2014
Great work, great staff, excellent charity to work for! The staff are all very welcoming and accommodating. Workload is manageable and everyone is always willing to give you a hand as and when. Cant recommend this charity enough. If your interested in working with those affected by crime and to making a difference, however small, I'd say go for it!
Pros
happy clients
Cons
unresolved client issues

4.5