Victor Technologies Employee Reviews

Victor Tech Review
Do not disclose (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXDecember 19, 2017
Before the company was bought out by ESAB, Victor was an amazing company to work for. Their was more clarity from executive leadership of what the company objectives were and how those tied back to each department/site.
Productive and new challenges to work on all the time.
Senior Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 16, 2017
This job never gets boring and rarely repetitious. Unfortunately it has been bought out several times and the term quality has been lost due to manufacturing processes sent to other countries. I personally feel this was a mistake since there were many skilled workers that were laid off and knew the exact procedures to get the parts made right. It was attempted to teach the new personnel the skills but I feel there were trades with 30 plus years of experience that cannot be passed on in such a short time. There have been many new additions to the facility and a complete new line of products from ESAB. I think that is great but I feel they should have kept all of our production processes there. Their numbers may look good on paper right now but the quality issues poses future issues.
Pros
Family enviornment
Cons
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians
Not a positive work Place
Clerk/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX 76207December 11, 2017
Victor technology show Too Much favoritism and if you not part of the clique you would not make it at Victor technology is politics a lot of it management is always against the workers the ward is not divided properly to all employees some parts of the warehouse doesn't do anything but sit back and wait for help why the receiving department works 12-hour days to help the DC department to get all the orders out to System
Pros
Cons
Just a really bad place to be working at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 6, 2017
The only down-side to this company is the constant change in executive leaderships lack of top-down establishment of company objectives and ensuring the necessary structure was in place to execute on those goals and targets.
Pros
Great team-members
Cons
Poor executive leadershp with no clear direction.
Nice Break Rooms! They're relaxed but wants everything done quickly and efficiently
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 25, 2017
This place isn't bad but there is a few things that could be worked on as a management team. But they are progressing in the right direction! Just be careful working in a warehouse! It's always Safety first!
Victor Technologies is ok
Machine Operator Class C (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 12, 2017
Victor Technologies is a high paying job where they do machining and assembly work. They make parts for welders, torches, and plasma cutters. You can not expect to do the same thing every day. One day you will be running a machine and the next you could be doing assembly work because you have no jobs for your machine.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
Not guaranteed to do your job you signed up for
Work Available
International Distribution Lead (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 12, 2017
You spend 12 hours a day working to do a task that has no clear definition of a process. The culture needs a lot of improvement. The best thing about working here is there is always work if you are looking for a consistent paycheck.
poor management
Warehouse Lead/Replenishment Driver (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 6, 2017
Required to work 20 plus hours overtime weekly. Management was poor and contiuously untruthful with hourly employees. Had to work in an unsafe environment. Management would not listen take the feedback of the hourly employees until an incident occurred.
Nice calm warehouse job
Assembly Line Worker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 4, 2016
Very typical warehouse job. Learned different jobs, you stay busy but there are slow downs in the job, management is good, co-workers are very helpful.
Professional environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 15, 2016
Plenty of advancement opportunities. Great compensation/benefits. Great location. Professional working environment.
Just an all around work place, we had a soft ball team.
Lead over dept (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXNovember 4, 2016
My day began with meetings, then meeting with my crew over our goals for the day. Everyday was a learning experience., coming up with ideals on how to make our jobs easier. Management Was very willing to listen to ideals and work hand and hand with the employees. Coworkers were great, everyone was crossed trained on everything, it makes a lot of differents when the knowledge Is shared. There was really no hard part to the job, the only thing is when you have customers changing orders and inventory was incorrect. I enjoyed my job, everyday was different and a learning process .
Pros
Holidays, vacation time, health insurance
Cons
I think the lunches could have been 45mins and breaks 15mins
Great place to work until you get older
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 24, 2016
Great place to work until you get older. Seem to use age as the tool to determine layoffs. Other than that OK. Hard to leave the company.
CNC Machinist/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 21, 2016
Work day is ok
I learned about nepotism
Management is very bad
Co-workers are good if not related to any of the management
Hardest part of the job was putting up with the management and the favoritism which was taking place
the enjoyable part of the job was leaving at the end of the shift
friendly people
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMay 4, 2015
best crew to work with just. Just not the best management. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what time your getting off, and the most important thing to the is there money. Not your family.
Don't work for this company if you are female and hope to advance
Sales Analyst II, Pricing Administration (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 21, 2015
Worked for VT for several years. co. changed hands twice while working there. Co. had gone through bankruptcy prior to my starting and I didn't learn of this until after hired. Only highlight was my supervisor was receptive to ideas, however, her boss was not. No room for advancement, no training, oversight helped men to succeed, no opportunity for women.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
management, no advancement, unfair treatment
Great people to work with
Senior HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Awesome people to be around every day!

Pretty good management. Just sometimes expectations were far fetched- especially for those that don't have an education.
decent place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Denton TxOctober 2, 2014
the day starts by looking at a print and seeing what parts you are working on and inspecting the machinery is in proper working order then you start running the machine and inspect the parts i did learn a lot about machines and production process sometimes i think the management was confused and didnt know what was going on my co-workers where great people who would always help out the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers the hardest part was alot of confussion that whent on
Pros
good breaks nice benifits easy job
Cons
not much room for advancement unless you know a lot about cnc's
Nice place to learn
Project Manager/Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 30, 2013
Pretty demanding
No training
Managament is difficult to deal with
Good people to work for, Not so great to work under.
Distribution associate C (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXSeptember 8, 2013
They have varying start times per your shift and if they are working Overtime or not, which they do a lot of.
Also the hours differ depending on the department you go to.
I learned how to use a lot of different machines while in the shipping department.
My co-workers were all extremely fun and knowledgeable to work with.
All upper management above the shift leaders are just horrible. They rail you for every little thing from being a minute late on your break to taking a sick day. Also god forbid you ever want to take a vacation. My only complaint is the bosses from the leads up. Don't believe anything they tell you whether is be about hours, wages, vacation times, training, or anything at all you can't trust it.
Pros
chances for Overtime, job isnt that difficult for most positions, great co-workers, pay is pretty good, starts off at around 10 for tempory, then 12+ hired on, AC controlled warehouse.
Cons
horrible management, no rewards for doing a good job, only complaints for everything, mandatory overtime can be 10 hours or more, and multiple days a week, because the supervisors cant manage their employees correctly
Friendly Workplace
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 7, 2013
I enjoyed working here. It was always fun coming to work everyday. It was like this was my second home.
Pros
Projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victor Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Victor Technologies Reviews by Location