Victor Valley College Employee Reviews in United States

very productive and very educational
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 18, 2016
staff were very friendly and helpful when given tasks around campus.
I gained a lot of skills when working there such as customer services, cashier, inventory and event organizing
Pros
working on campus
Cons
no benefits
Wonderful work environment.
Part-Time Instructor Communication Studies (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 10, 2016
I have had the pleasure to work at Victor Valley College since the Fall of 2015. A typical day working with the college students is very satisfying. The management is very helpful and so are my co-workers.
Productive and Fun workplace
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 15, 2016
Productive and Fun workplace, clocked in a worked with any students desiring help in the Math Success Center. Tutored for various math classes, worked with individuals as well as groups.
Busy classroom setting
Tutor (Current Employee) –  18422 Bear Valley Rd., Victorville, CA 92395April 8, 2016
I help teach typing, Microsoft word, Excel, power point and access. From helping the students access their emails to showing them how to open up their flash drives, I try to help in every aspect that will benefit the students learn and grow.
This was a great part-time job.
Peer Counselor Adviser (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Working on campus in the EOPS office was key to me getting back to school after 30 plus years. Working to help students get the added help needed to stay in school was very satisfying. Of course when a student didn't do their part and got dropped or denied for the program it was difficult to give them that information.
Dsps
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 12, 2016
The faculty here at the college is amazing. Everyone is helpful and are willing to go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable in the work environment.
Amazing School!
Student (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 24, 2015
I love this school because they give us students the opportunity to become successful in life. They also give students a chance to grow and become someone positive in this world.
Family based environment
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 21, 2015
A typical day at work include a 6 days a week practice. We arrive on campus at 6:00am allow the girls to have a 30 min warm up and the execute the practice plan. Each Assistant is assigned a role for that practice and works on executing it with enthusiasm. at the end of practice we re-evaluate how it went and give shout-outs to those who deserve it. Each Coach is also assigned 3-4 girls to have weekly one on one meetings where we as coaches summarize their efforts, give compliments when needed, review plays and film, and help with tutoring.
Outstanding employment experience
Adjunct Instructor in Psychology (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 19, 2015
Doing what you love and working for and with fantastic people - including administration, faculty, staff, and students. It couldn't be better!
Pros
Respect for employees, great work-live balance.
Great school
Student (Current Employee) –  Victorville Ca.April 10, 2015
Victor Valley College is a great school. Lots of great teachers. Teachers are the best. The learning environment is great. Classes are very in depth. Teachers are very skilled at there profession, and insightful.
Pros
Classes are great
Cons
Admistration department is not help full. Ask other students if you need help
Wonderful experience
To assist staff (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 20, 2015
Working in a small group environment helped me so much into gaining experience and learning new things everyday.
This job helped me through school, when it is hard being a full time student and working at the same time.
Cheap and affordable
Student/ Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CADecember 2, 2014
Good Place to go to school and learn. Was able to get my associates degree and work on the side.
It was a very exciting experience
Internship History (Former Employee) –  VictorvilleAugust 15, 2014
The reason that I did the teaching assistant was to help my fellow classmates understand the material because sometimes if a fellow student explains how they learned the material the other classmates find it easier to retain it. It was also to challenge myself and to get out of my comfort zone I am shy and when helping my Professor I had to speak in front of everyone it frightened me but I still did it and my fellow classmates understood the material when I explained it to them, I love to help others and it helped me to get rid of my fears of speaking in public. I got along with everyone the hardest part was when their were some students who tried to find the easy way to pass the class well not on my watch they did not get off the hook that easily that was the only difficulty because being two people who are offering themselves to help them why couldn't they just come up and say hey I do not understand this well I would have found a different method to teach them in order for them to understand we all learn differently.
Pros
able to speak publicly, communication skills, organized
Cons
finding a method to detail with complicated students
Productive and fun workplace where we can work together and have fun
EOPS Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 22, 2014
I worked as a Peer Advisor calling students in our company and reminded them to schedule and attend their required counseling appointments, and turn in a progress report to remain in good standing with the program. My experience was very lovely for my first job, and i couldn't have asked for a better one.
Pros
hard working professionals who take care of business, reasonable bosses, organization
Cons
short breaks
busy during school hours
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 9, 2014
this job is nice but busy.
I enjoy helping out students and everything is set
working with the teacher is great.
Pros
staff parking
Cons
weekend off
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 4, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Victor Valley College. I had the opportunity to study and work at the same time. My supervisor was always helpful.
Pros
allowed me to study
Cons
pay rate was too low
Switchboard Substitute (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 21, 2014
As a switchboard operator, answering phones, directing calls, performing postage duties for incoming and outgoing mail, communication with instructors and students outlined most of my days. Management was great and I really enjoyed working with and for them. Co-workers were fun and made my time there quite an experience. I had to be creative in finding things to do during down time. The best part of the job was interacting with the instructors, students, and my co-workers.
Pros
good pay and great benefits
Cons
union wokers not performing
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 19, 2014
Working with the staff was great they made you feel like they were part of your family. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children.
Great Team!
Administrative/Clerical Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 28, 2013
Fast paced and great team rapport. Obvious management support.
Pros
great team rapport
Cons
structure
This school is how you make it
Clerical/Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  victorvilleAugust 26, 2013
You know when you work on a large campus it is all about how you make it. The people can be great, but when you bump into the ones who are not, don't let that deter you, keep pushin

4.3