Victor Valley College Employee Reviews

Learning for a lifelong career
Student (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 10, 2017
Continuing my education is the best thing for myself and for anyone who wants to go beyond high school. Victor Valley College is a school with no frills, settled in the high desert. I took one of my courses in a trailer, in dire need of carpet replacement and new chairs and desks. Having said that, Victor Valley College is an excellent school because of its instructors. My biology professor lives in Maryland and flies every weekend to teach in California, saving his weekend for his family. Every instructor I had, loved his/her job teaching. Their passion showed. Junior colleges have some of the best kept secrets: great instructors.
Pros
Learning
Very Eduactional
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 8, 2017
A typical day at work - very busy and interactive.
Understanding different situations and issue's
Management where very helpful and caring
Different culture co-workers are fun and interesting
Hardest part of the job not giving up with student issue's
The atmosphere that we all created while working was enjoyable and fun.
Pros
Letting us work around our class schedules
Cons
Shortbreaks
Loved my students at VVC!
Adapted Physical Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 8, 2017
Working at Victor Valley College (VVC) was such a joy. My students would range in age from fresh out of high school to senior citizens with variable disabilities.
Pros
Variety of ages and disabilities
Cons
Needed teacher assistants
Okay
Adjunct Psychology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 6, 2017
Since I basically did my own thing while working here, I though it was okay. There seemed to be a lot of discord between teachers and administrative staff. I ultimately left because my course assignment changed suddenly without warning to something that did not fit into my schedule.
Not half bad
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 22, 2017
Worked with a small group in setting up labs for nursing students, got all the info i needed to complete the job and had the luxury of attending my regular college classes.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
variety of accents in workplace, hard to understand.
Victor Valley College
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 6, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Good relationships between staff and management. Hardest part of the job is lack of full time opportunities.Usually one to two classes per semester, 3 hours a week per class. Steady work year in year out.
Pros
High level of autonomy .
Cons
Lack of promotion potential.
student worker
Student Worker, Counseling office (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92395March 3, 2017
Student worker job is great for a student who is also doing classes and needs to devote time to school work. Max 20 hrs a week. the people there are pretty nice also.
Pros
a little money while study
Cons
obviously not a career just a pitstop
Exceptional College
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Victor Valley College is a great place for students to take upon opportunities that will help them reach their goals and begin the journey towards a lifelong career.
Pros
Large variety of classes and job opportunities
Cons
Slightly unorganized
I enjoyed working with the students.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 11, 2017
I learned to communicate with 15 students and helped them to learn to use the computer.They're really interested to learn and very patient. Great workplace and easy job.
Fun interactive student tutor workplace
Tutor (math, english, and basic skills) (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 17, 2016
Depending on whether I was in the Basic Skills Lab, the Math Lab, or the Writing Center, I would have different ways and skills to help tutor fellow students. While working here I was going to school at Victor Valley College full time. They allowed for flexible work hours and support from the teachers that oversaw the other tutors. I would either work one-on-one with students to help them understand and conquer the difficulties they were having in their classes/assignments, or I would be able to work in larger groups going over general difficulties that are commonly associated in the rigor of college courses.
Pros
Flexible work hours, ability to work with groups or individual students, extremely rewarding
Great opportunity & experience
Administrative Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Student ServicesAugust 10, 2016
The management and staff at VVC were helpful throughout my entire time there. I worked in Student Services as the assistant to the Dean.
very productive and very educational
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 18, 2016
staff were very friendly and helpful when given tasks around campus.
I gained a lot of skills when working there such as customer services, cashier, inventory and event organizing
Pros
working on campus
Cons
no benefits
Wonderful work environment.
Part-Time Instructor Communication Studies (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 10, 2016
I have had the pleasure to work at Victor Valley College since the Fall of 2015. A typical day working with the college students is very satisfying. The management is very helpful and so are my co-workers.
Productive and Fun workplace
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 15, 2016
Productive and Fun workplace, clocked in a worked with any students desiring help in the Math Success Center. Tutored for various math classes, worked with individuals as well as groups.
Busy classroom setting
Tutor (Current Employee) –  18422 Bear Valley Rd., Victorville, CA 92395April 8, 2016
I help teach typing, Microsoft word, Excel, power point and access. From helping the students access their emails to showing them how to open up their flash drives, I try to help in every aspect that will benefit the students learn and grow.
This was a great part-time job.
Peer Counselor Adviser (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Working on campus in the EOPS office was key to me getting back to school after 30 plus years. Working to help students get the added help needed to stay in school was very satisfying. Of course when a student didn't do their part and got dropped or denied for the program it was difficult to give them that information.
Dsps
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 12, 2016
The faculty here at the college is amazing. Everyone is helpful and are willing to go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable in the work environment.
Amazing School!
Student (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 24, 2015
I love this school because they give us students the opportunity to become successful in life. They also give students a chance to grow and become someone positive in this world.
Family based environment
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 21, 2015
A typical day at work include a 6 days a week practice. We arrive on campus at 6:00am allow the girls to have a 30 min warm up and the execute the practice plan. Each Assistant is assigned a role for that practice and works on executing it with enthusiasm. at the end of practice we re-evaluate how it went and give shout-outs to those who deserve it. Each Coach is also assigned 3-4 girls to have weekly one on one meetings where we as coaches summarize their efforts, give compliments when needed, review plays and film, and help with tutoring.
Outstanding employment experience
Adjunct Instructor in Psychology (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 19, 2015
Doing what you love and working for and with fantastic people - including administration, faculty, staff, and students. It couldn't be better!
Pros
Respect for employees, great work-live balance.