Victor Valley Global Medical Center Employee Reviews

Serious
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Victorville, CAAugust 20, 2015
Front Desk, Patient Care, Venous/CapilIary Draws, Blood Patches, Order Supplies keep track of the inventory. Collect blood cultures, delivering preliminaries report. Preparing sendout order and paperwork input then the demographic system.
A busy hospital that is struggling because of it's size.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Victorville, CAAugust 18, 2015
I do not feel that I can rate anything about this job as I was not an employee. I do feel shorted on my externship as there where at 6 students at all times, with 3-5 OR's in use on a typical day.
nice institution with nice staffs!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), victorville, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: benefits
the hospital is good same with the staffs!n provides good working experience. provide good training. diverse company, a chance to work with different types of people.
Productive place with knowledgeable staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Victorville, CAMay 25, 2015
I was an intern at this site. My typical day consisted of pulling and scrubbing into surgical cases. Ensuring sterile technique and assisting preceptors with new students.
Great team dynamic and talented staff
Emergency Room Secretary (Current Employee), Victorville, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: three day work week, great coworkers, family-like environment
Cons: low pay scale, disorganization in administration
My coworkers at VVGMC are some of the mot talented professionals I have had the privilege of working with. The RN's are amazing at what they do and are patient advocates first. Other departments work hard with the ER department to ensure patients are getting the best care they can receive.
Registered Nurse med surg tele
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: overtime and training
Cons: doctors not on emar
On a typical day I come in and am on one of 2 floors med/tele or surgical floor. I have between four or five patients. I have admits and discharges along with post operative patients.
Good family and team work enviroment
Director of Facilities (Current Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Daily I manage the operations of the Engineering, Environmental services and Public Safety, I also over see all OSHPD construction Projects.

Upper management hold to their values and open to their Employees.
Medical Field; fast pace; problem solving
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee), Victorville, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: work with a variety of people
Cons: sick children
No two days are the same when working in the medical field, multi-tasking is essential; organization a must. Coworkers are dedicated professionals always willing to go the extra mile. Fun, caring, kind environment.
GREAT PLACE TO EXTERN!
Externship (Former Employee), victorvalley, caJune 6, 2014
Pros: you learn from experianced employers
It is a busy place to work and but very enjoyable. I learned alot more than i thought i would new skills from different people.Everyone is really nice and willing to teach you what you need to know and will answer any questions.
The staff is very kind and benefits are good. The overall goal at the hospital is patient satisfaction and to deliver a high level of care.
Med/Surg Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: rewarding, hard working staff members
Cons: short breaks, limirted computers
I worked in a high level, fast pace med/surg unit. The coworkers strive to maintain high level of care and management has been working towards renewing better ways to advance their current status to modern technology, as well as, finding more efficient methods to comply with today's changes.

The hardest part of the job is managing time and charting. Fortunately, the hospital will be implementing a computerized charting system. The challenges of acquiring test results is evident.

The population has a multitude of cultural diversity. The skills are regularly assessed and education is available. I learned many aspects in nursing care. All of the experience I received while I worked there, enhanced my education in the field of nursing.
Positive work place
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 5, 2014
It was a positive and up-lifting environment to work in. I was able to come to the supervisors or other Phlebotomists with any questions that I had.
Great Co workers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Victorville, CASeptember 16, 2013
Everyone is willing to help and the atmosphere is great. I really enjoy the small hospital feel.
Productive and professional.
CPT 1 (Current Employee), Victorville, CAMay 22, 2013
Pros: we have a great rapport with employees and patients.
Cons: nothing i can think of.
At the start of shift we do a brief run down of any pending orders. I learned how to use a new computer system as each hospital has its own. I couldn't have asked for better management, they are concerned and willing to take time for they're employees. My co-workers are willing to learn new things. There is'nt anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you are servicing your community.