Victor Valley Global Medical Center Employee Reviews

under new management facility improving
Full Time Medsurg/Tele nurse (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 11, 2015
Supportive management and great working environment with helpful staff. friendly staff members in all departments.
Pros
management is very accommodating
Cons
HR department is not organized
Productive workplace
RN Nursery and NICU (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 14, 2015
Depends on the day of the week, weekends are more often not busy since almost all procedures are done on the weekdays, particularly Tues- Friday. We are very busy and time management and focus is very important especially in patient care. Prioritizing is a must skill and of course your nursing skill.
Externship
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 6, 2015
8 hours a day. Overall my feet hurt. I did learn some tricks and new ways to calm patients and how to make sure they were not in that much pain.
Pros
30 mins lunch
Cons
small office
Productive, active, very likable people.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 26, 2015
The first thing I would do when i came in for my internship, i would do the morning rounds. I would collect blood samples from all the patients. I learned from the young man i was shadowing how to be calm, responsible, and to accurately perform venipunctures. I would fill the tubes with the proper amount of blood, and send them back to the lap.
Pros
The staff were very friendly and found myself smiling almost all the time.
Cons
It wasnt a job, had to wake up at 4 a.m., after rounds that day went by slowly.
Serious
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 20, 2015
Front Desk, Patient Care, Venous/CapilIary Draws, Blood Patches, Order Supplies keep track of the inventory. Collect blood cultures, delivering preliminaries report. Preparing sendout order and paperwork input then the demographic system.
A busy hospital that is struggling because of it's size.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 18, 2015
I do not feel that I can rate anything about this job as I was not an employee. I do feel shorted on my externship as there where at 6 students at all times, with 3-5 OR's in use on a typical day.
nice institution with nice staffs!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  victorville, CAAugust 3, 2015
the hospital is good same with the staffs!n provides good working experience. provide good training. diverse company, a chance to work with different types of people.
benefits
benefits
Productive place with knowledgeable staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 25, 2015
I was an intern at this site. My typical day consisted of pulling and scrubbing into surgical cases. Ensuring sterile technique and assisting preceptors with new students.
Great team dynamic and talented staff
Emergency Room Secretary (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 10, 2015
My coworkers at VVGMC are some of the mot talented professionals I have had the privilege of working with. The RN's are amazing at what they do and are patient advocates first. Other departments work hard with the ER department to ensure patients are getting the best care they can receive.
Pros
three day work week, great coworkers, family-like environment
Cons
low pay scale, disorganization in administration
Registered Nurse med surg tele
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 20, 2015
On a typical day I come in and am on one of 2 floors med/tele or surgical floor. I have between four or five patients. I have admits and discharges along with post operative patients.
Pros
overtime and training
Cons
doctors not on emar
Good family and team work enviroment
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Daily I manage the operations of the Engineering, Environmental services and Public Safety, I also over see all OSHPD construction Projects.

Upper management hold to their values and open to their Employees.
Medical Field; fast pace; problem solving
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 18, 2014
No two days are the same when working in the medical field, multi-tasking is essential; organization a must. Coworkers are dedicated professionals always willing to go the extra mile. Fun, caring, kind environment.
Pros
work with a variety of people
Cons
sick children
Great place to extern!
Externship (Former Employee) –  victorvalley, caJune 6, 2014
It is a busy place to work and but very enjoyable. I learned alot more than i thought i would new skills from different people.Everyone is really nice and willing to teach you what you need to know and will answer any questions.
Pros
you learn from experianced employers
The staff is very kind and benefits are good. The overall goal at the hospital is patient satisfaction and to deliver a high level of care.
Med/Surg Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 16, 2014
I worked in a high level, fast pace med/surg unit. The coworkers strive to maintain high level of care and management has been working towards renewing better ways to advance their current status to modern technology, as well as, finding more efficient methods to comply with today's changes.

The hardest part of the job is managing time and charting. Fortunately, the hospital will be implementing a computerized charting system. The challenges of acquiring test results is evident.

The population has a multitude of cultural diversity. The skills are regularly assessed and education is available. I learned many aspects in nursing care. All of the experience I received while I worked there, enhanced my education in the field of nursing.
Pros
rewarding, hard working staff members
Cons
short breaks, limirted computers
Positive work place
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 5, 2014
It was a positive and up-lifting environment to work in. I was able to come to the supervisors or other Phlebotomists with any questions that I had.
Great Co workers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 16, 2013
Everyone is willing to help and the atmosphere is great. I really enjoy the small hospital feel.
Productive and professional.
CPT 1 (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 22, 2013
At the start of shift we do a brief run down of any pending orders. I learned how to use a new computer system as each hospital has its own. I couldn't have asked for better management, they are concerned and willing to take time for they're employees. My co-workers are willing to learn new things. There is'nt anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you are servicing your community.
Pros
we have a great rapport with employees and patients.
Cons
nothing i can think of.

4.4