Victor Valley Union High School District Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Software/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 23, 2017
Most are here for a paycheck and self-promotion, not to help students.

Your value is based on who you know. rather than whether you can actually do the job.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Overpaid, incompetent management. Most are narcissistic bullies.
Very bad place to work,lack of employer,discrimination against some races,not equal opportunities.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 4, 2017
Very busy, lack of employment.Not enough people to do the job.
I learned to be independent, Do not trust anybody in this company.to be strong.
Very bad management.
Bad experience.
The supervisor administrator.
working without supervision and help students, I love the students who have mental disabilities.They are lovely.
Pros
Racist, Bullying, Harassment, discrimination.
Cons
Great pay, good benefits
Fast paced school with many other positives
7th grade Math/science teacher (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 19, 2017
It is a fast paced school with many things happening daily. Flexibility is necessary to adjust to the quick pace. Many supportive teachers and admin. The culture of the school is helping each other, many veteran teachers willing to help. Hardest part of the job is learning time management. Best part of the day is knowing that one student I can help and reach is possible daily.
Pros
late start school
Cons
30 min lunch
Victorvalley union High School District
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 13, 2017
my day started out good I learned all my work there that I do now in my life. Management was very bad. work place was good and bad. the hardest part of the job was getting to agree with my main supervisor cause he did not know his job. I really liked working with my co workers that was cool all were very nice.
Instructional Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 26, 2017
I find working for the Victor Valley Union High School District to be a fulfilling place. I enjoy working with children, so being employed be the school district allows me an avenue for this.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
short breaks
awesome
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 12, 2016
love working with the teachers and kids, Was an awesome place to work and everyone was kind and respectful. I wish i could go back and work with them again.
Productive Fun Enviorment
School Secretary (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work with excellent management. Working with parents, students and teachers. Can be face paced or sow paced depending on the day.
It was great having the chance to teach and mentor high school students
HIGH SCHOOL PHYSICS TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 11, 2015
Teaching at this or any other high school is very interesting because supervision is almost nonexistent and you have to take it upon yourself to excel at your job. Also, this was a great place for me to practice and develop my briefing/communications skills. Unfortunately, there was very little time to get to know my coworkers.
Pros
Seeing students learn physics was very rewarding
Cons
Salary was very low
pretty awesome working environment
Grounds Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 15, 2015
i thoroughly enjoyed every single day at work. always something different and my co workers were great.
benefits
Cons
management is deficient in areas
Organiztion skills at its best
Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Victorville,CANovember 23, 2014
I conducted practice for large groups of High School Students. Required a lot of patience with teenagers and fellow coaches within the athletic department. Sharing school athletic facilities was sometimes a hassel. Delegating issues with the league was no picnic either. However I have always held passion for the sport. I had an eye for talent and helped kids use their athletic talents as a vessel to get them a further education through college and athletic scholarships.
Pros
Great Networking
Cons
requires a lot of patience with students and fellow coaches, and say goodbye to your weekends
Average School Setting
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 20, 2014
The best part was getting to know the students and watching them grow.
Bad Leadership
Computer Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Victorville CaliforniaOctober 2, 2013
Management misuses authority to the detriment of the employees
Interesting and knowledgeable workplace.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 1, 2013
I'm a substitute teacher, so I was mainly going and covering classes from grades 7-12th. I'd come to the specific school, grab my folder for the class/subject I was teaching. I'd make sure there were lesson plans, and guidelines in order to teach the class what they needed to learn for that day. It's hard to develop some sort of relationship with co-workers because you don't see them often, but they are really helpful throughout the day if you need them. The hardest part of my day was dealing with a difficult student who just didn't want to follow directions, but for the most part I enjoy working with children.
Pros
insight to teaching, learning how to work with students.
Cons
not a permanent employee, unpaid vacation, no benefits.
School District, unstable due to economy
FISCAL SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CaJanuary 20, 2013
unstable due to current state of economy

High work load makes day enjoyable
An interesting place to work
English Teacher/AVID Teacher (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 12, 2012
The people I work with are amazing. I love that my co-workers and I are able to work together so well and help each other to grow as educators.
Pros
most of the teachers are wonderful
Cons
the management of the district is immoral
Enjoyable and demanding
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 6, 2012
I like the fair pay rate the care the district has for its employees. No work day is exactly the same ,and the kids keep one on there toes in a fun interesting way.
Pros
you can work as a team and alone
Cons
no regular hours or available work
Enjoyable place to work.
Special Education - Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 15, 2012
Overall the job is great I enjoy my job. This job give me the opportunity to learn different type of classes instructions of Special education such as RSP, SED, SDC, SH cleasses. I work with some of the greatest people you can work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have support through the staff and the hardest part of the job is getting through some of the students on how important their education is.
Pros
working with children
Cons
working with children who don't want to learn