Victor Valley Union High School District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive Fun Enviorment
School Secretary (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work with excellent management. Working with parents, students and teachers. Can be face paced or sow paced depending on the day.
It was great having the chance to teach and mentor high school students
HIGH SCHOOL PHYSICS TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 11, 2015
Teaching at this or any other high school is very interesting because supervision is almost nonexistent and you have to take it upon yourself to excel at your job. Also, this was a great place for me to practice and develop my briefing/communications skills. Unfortunately, there was very little time to get to know my coworkers.
Pros
seeing students learn physics was very rewarding
Cons
salary was very low
Organiztion skills at its best
Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Victorville,CANovember 23, 2014
I conducted practice for large groups of High School Students. Required a lot of patience with teenagers and fellow coaches within the athletic department. Sharing school athletic facilities was sometimes a hassel. Delegating issues with the league was no picnic either. However I have always held passion for the sport. I had an eye for talent and helped kids use their athletic talents as a vessel to get them a further education through college and athletic scholarships.
Pros
great networking
Cons
requires a lot of patience with students and fellow coaches, and say goodbye to your weekends
Average School Setting
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 20, 2014
The best part was getting to know the students and watching them grow.
Bad Leadership
Computer Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Victorville CaliforniaOctober 2, 2013
Management misuses authority to the detriment of the employees
Interesting and knowledgeable workplace.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 1, 2013
I'm a substitute teacher, so I was mainly going and covering classes from grades 7-12th. I'd come to the specific school, grab my folder for the class/subject I was teaching. I'd make sure there were lesson plans, and guidelines in order to teach the class what they needed to learn for that day. It's hard to develop some sort of relationship with co-workers because you don't see them often, but they are really helpful throughout the day if you need them. The hardest part of my day was dealing with a difficult student who just didn't want to follow directions, but for the most part I enjoy working with children.
Pros
insight to teaching, learning how to work with students.
Cons
not a permanent employee, unpaid vacation, no benefits.
School District, unstable due to economy
FISCAL SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CaJanuary 20, 2013
unstable due to current state of economy

High work load makes day enjoyable
An interesting place to work
English Teacher/AVID Teacher (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 12, 2012
The people I work with are amazing. I love that my co-workers and I are able to work together so well and help each other to grow as educators.
Pros
most of the teachers are wonderful
Cons
the management of the district is immoral
Enjoyable and demanding
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 6, 2012
I like the fair pay rate the care the district has for its employees. No work day is exactly the same ,and the kids keep one on there toes in a fun interesting way.
Pros
you can work as a team and alone
Cons
no regular hours or available work
Enjoyable place to work.
Special Education - Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 15, 2012
Overall the job is great I enjoy my job. This job give me the opportunity to learn different type of classes instructions of Special education such as RSP, SED, SDC, SH cleasses. I work with some of the greatest people you can work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have support through the staff and the hardest part of the job is getting through some of the students on how important their education is.
Pros
working with children
Cons
working with children who don't want to learn