Victoria's Secret
2,339 reviews

Victoria's Secret Employer Reviews

Sales
Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great medical/dental/vision
Cons: No balance between home and work life.
I love working with people and have the ability to connect with my customers very easily.

VS added commission pay recently (on top of hourly), however, the negative rating is there is not a family/work balance. It's rare to get off work at the scheduled time. This interferes with family functions.

My difficulty with the job is there are not enough people working to service the customers 100%, this results is lost sales and unhappy clients.
Professional, goal oriented and intimate environment
Bra/Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 29, 2015
Coaching associates
Fitting and wardrobing customers

What I learned:
Selling vs. Servicing
How to change pace to meet customers needs

Hardest part of the job:
Lifting heavy boxes
Long hours for floorsets and inventory

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Working directly with customers
Creating customers for life
Meeting customers physical and emotional needs
Fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenfield WIMarch 28, 2015
Processing merchandise that comes in that day, organizing merchandise, and doing floor sets, helping customers, organizing the back room.
Balancing work and Life
BRA SPECIALIST VICTORIA'S SECRET (Current Employee), Glendale,AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Pay, Bounus
Cons: Benefits, Hours, Scheduling, Flexibility
A typical day at work consists of 8 to 9 hours on your feet, also very demanding when it comes to business and numbers. Very hard to have a flexible solid hourly schedule, which is the only downside. call in shifts and pre on calls make it hard to balance your own personal life along side worl
bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: hours and pay
process sales at point of sales, replenished merchandise, up sale, offer company credit card, and rotated departments as needed
Retail Life
Temperary Merge Flow Supervisor (Former Employee), Katy, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Team Work
Cons: No Benefits
At Victoria's Secret we worked to provide the best customer experience and bra journey ever, in our fitting rooms. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships that were formed with my teams and customers.
So-so
Bra Specialist (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAMarch 24, 2015
They don't pay enough for all the hard work and training they make you go through! They have high-expectations with little incentive, even in terms of personal advancement. There is a lot of partiality and preferential treatment with this company.
Great Place to Hone Leadership Skills
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Compensation for leaders, healthcare, bonuses/incentives
Cons: Work/Life Balance, Unpaid Overtime
I worked at several locations and in several different roles and the one thing that I always tell people is...if you can be a manager for this brand, you could run any store with any brand. The leadership training is intense and sometimes overwhelming due to scheduling. I loved my leaders and my co-workers. As you will read in several reviews, there are plenty of catty people in the brand that do nothing but gossip. That was really the only thing that I did not like, but there was plenty of it. My work/life balance was non-existent...as I felt I needed to be on-call at all times and expected to be there at times when I really needed to be with my child. The long hours were terrible...late nights, sometimes leaving as the sun was coming out. It was hard to lead a team to do that with you, when you really wanted to be in bed and couldn't keep your eyes open.The hardest part of the job would be to really find time for everything that needs to get done in any role, because you are running a big business that demands your presence on the salesfloor. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships that were formed with my teams and customers. I enjoyed being a part of someone's development and their journey with the brand...that was what made me feel at my best.
Fun place to work
Tempoary Store Manager (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAMarch 23, 2015
I love changing women's lives. A bra is not just an item of clothing, It's a life changing moment. I love the stories from customers, some who are breast cancer survivors and some who are young women getting their first real bra.
A demanding and ever-changing company
Category Manager (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: consistent breaks, healthcare, sales bonus
Daily routine varies by position. As a manger, you either open or close most days and set the store up for success at the beginning or end of the day. You are in charge of organizing/zoning sales associates where they will be most successful and providing them with their goals.
Each sales associates is required to have minimum sales per hour and management must make overall sales goals. Bonuses are given for achieving a bold goal, but sales associates receive a large incentive when they achieve they sales per hour.
It is an exciting and ever-changing job, which can keep you on your toes but also be very stressful. A lot is expected of you and, when you are organized and achieve all of your goals, you feel a strong sense of accomplishment.
Exciting and challenging environment with a fun, positive vibe
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bridgewater New Jersey/ Staten Island New YorkMarch 22, 2015
Pros: professional, kind, great training program
Working here was wonderful. I love this brand and I was proud to represent them. My managers were always professional and employees always knew exactly what was expected from them. I enjoyed helping my customers find the right product for them and making them feel beautiful.
Fun but paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work for me was basically restocking and answering customers questions about in store products. I learned how to put bra's in the correct order and how to dress manaquins. The management was very helpful in assuring things get done in the correct way. My co-workers were very helpful in helping me get things done in the correct way. The management as well. Nothing was hard about this job. The most enjoyable was knowing where to locate things.
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2015
This was one of the best paying jobs that I had and everybody was really friendly. Ii left because of school but regret ever leaving. I was a cashier and would do go backs on downtime.
Retail Life
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 21, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, and employee discounts
Cons: no consistent schedule, terrible pay, and management is not consistent.
Most of the time we are under scheduled/ understaffed; making the day chaotic and busy. All the girls I work with are very nice and we never seem to have many problems with everyone getting along which is wonderful. I do frequently get asked to come in on my days off or stay longer during a shift because we always are in need of help. Our company unfortunately, has a very high turnover rate which means we never have any consistent sales associates, INCLUDING management. One of the biggest problems has been the inconsistency of our management staff (i.e. failure to agree on certain procedures, standards, general operation of the store, and consistent hiring of new manager offers not stability). Lastly, the hourly pay is very inconsistent depending on each individual and we start out very low with very minimal opportunity to increase wages. I do however, enjoy the staff members I work with and my personal position as a shipment processing associate.
Very productive workplace with a variety of tasks to perform
Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee), Dulles, VAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: one hour breaks, and establishing a great fitting room system
Cons: worked too many hours in a week, overnights and weekends
At Victoria's Secret we worked to provide the best customer experience and bra journey ever, in our fitting rooms. Victoria's Secret is "Best At Bras" and we ensured that every customer was measures and we extended their bra wardrobe by providing them with the four-course styles in the fitting rooms for them to try on. As a bra specialist I was responsible for providing the best fitting room experience by supervising seven associates. I assigned them a certain amount of rooms and each associate had a partner to assist them with their clients and showing them what the customer needed. The hard part about my job was there was no work/life balance and I worked a lot of hours and even overnights and weekends. I the best part of my job was I learned a lot about managing people and creating a system that helped the business as well as the associates because they felt accomplished with the excellent customer service they were providing to the clients. I also met a lot of people that helped me grow in the business and in my personal life at Victoria's Secret.
Experience
Category Manger (Former Employee), Monterey, CAMarch 20, 2015
Most of my retail experience has been with this company. I learned how to be a great manager, and how to do things that are right for your associate and your customers.
fun, ever changing/growing business
Store Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work is checking business and taking immediate action to sustain or improve. I have learned how to be flexible and evolve to the needs of the business. To be a manager of a multi-billion dollar company is impressive and very challenging but we succeed and are able to execute seamlessly. The hardest part of my job are the hours and trying to start a family. The most enjoyable part is setting goals and then beating those goals.
Retail Clerk
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Mandeville, LAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: seasonal work
The position I held at this store was a seasonal clerk assisting customers with questions regarding lingerie and fragrances. Also, assisted in keeping all counters and displays organized and tidy.
Everyone was very nice to work with.
not professional
Merch Flow Supervisor Seasonal (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 18, 2015
Victoria secret treats you like a slave, by making you work do a two man job alone and they pay very little i wound not recomand this to anyone
Fun enviorment
Sales Support (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNMarch 18, 2015
- nice coworkers
- a lot of moving around
- Greeting customers
- Hard working Managements
-Hardest part of the job is working in the back doing shipment and processing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos