Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 5,079 reviews matching the search
High selling culture
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 21, 2017
Great place to work to be exposed to a great brand culture. Must be ready to intake lots of information and put it in practice in a short amount of time.
Pros
Great pay and opportunity to advamce
Cons
Hard to maintain work life balance
Great Place to Work
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Victoria's Secret is a great place to work if you want a career in retail. The company standards and growth opportunities are excellent. You will work hard, yet it is rewarding.
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 21, 2017
customers are tough at times but the discounts are worth it. I only worked there seasonally but I was given lots of hours and treated fairly among everyone else.
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southbury, CTAugust 21, 2017
Victoria's Secret has the potential to be a great place to work, yet it lacks in management skills. Your schedule is always changing, the atmosphere is high strung and uptight. Proper people skills are a must, as well as having an open mind and being able to learn quickly.
Pros
ideal break time
Cons
management, hours
Fast Paced
MERCHANDISE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2017
Everything had to be done right away. Mistakes were made. The amount of duplicate work was ridiculous. Management was concerned about them selves.
Good Job to Begin Sales Career.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2017
I am grateful for my time working for this company. It provided me with a good first experience in sales and allowed me to work with like minded people who were around the same age.
Productivew and fun place to work.
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 20, 2017
A typical day at Victoria's Secret is busy but productive. Anyone working must be able to multitask and provide great customer service. The environment is fun and friendly largely due to the fact that the other associates and managers are friendly and very helpful.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No full-time positions unless you are a manager, no benefits for part-time employees besides discounts.
It is a great place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 20, 2017
It is fun, positive and upbeat. The staff there are all jolly and positive. Coming to work here will make you forget about a bad day and make you come out of work happy. The management is good, the store is organized and ran well by the whole team who works together to keep it that way.
Pros
Good teamwork, Good/fair breaks, good hours and compensation
Good place to work but not to make a living from
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 19, 2017
The company is great and has many trainings but expect a lot from the workers and the hours vary depending on sales of the store. The management was patchy and not the best.
Things are not always what they seem
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 19, 2017
A typical day I could go into work, put on a headset, and get stationed in a certain section of the store. I would assist customers with finding products, answer any questions they had, and inform every person who walked in what specials we currently had going on. My schedule was hardly consistent, there would be times that I would have to come in at 5am or stay until midnight during certain times of the year. The management was horrible, they were rude and inconsiderate. I got paid minimum wage for a company that I worked way too hard for, who provided little to no opportunities for advancement. As a teenager this seemed like a dream job, however it was not at all what I was expecting.
wouldn't recommend
bra specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2017
management is very unorganized. this company do not work with your school schedule they try to make you choose school or work which is very unreasonable.
Overly crowded place to work
Sales Associate, and Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2017
The hardest part of this job was sorting the merchandise, and that was what the majority of the job consisted of. However, the workplace culture was satisfying each woman's need.
good pace to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2017
Gives you lots of experience and is a fun place
has good end of month gratis
hardest part is dealing with pressure of sales and shop lifters
Fun place to work
Decent place to work
Merchandise Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 17, 2017
They are more focused on full-time employees. When you are part-time/seasonal, you are not trained to the fullest, or informed much about their way, practically thrown out there and have to pick up on your own, which is a little understandable I suppose. The most employee's are friendly. Biggest problem you may face there is when it comes to your personal life, they aren't very flexible at all, and sometimes are not very considerate about outside work responsibilities (i.e a second job, sports, or school).
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Flexibility
Great Culture
Bra Fitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
Overall I like working for Victoria's Secret. They work very well with your schedule if you're a parent, or if you're in school. My location is very diverse with makes it a nice work environment, but I do feel like as a company there are little things that need to change. For example I feel as though there should be more promotions that urge our customers to shop. Every Victoria's Secret location is different as far as demographics, so there needs to be more sales, and promotions for different customers. This will help us win more at selling bras, and help with our bonus. Most stores in my district haven't had any bonuses lately because we haven't been making it in bras. That can become very frustrating when you put your all into working everyday, just to always come up short at the end of very month.
An beneficial environment
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 17, 2017
At Victoria's Secret, I learned many skills many which included, speaking to different people of many different backgrounds and cultures, organization, time management, creative thinking, and developing mentorships with my managers. Everyday I came to work excited and ready to complete the day as best as I could.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers, Understanding Bosses
Cons
No benefits
Great Environment
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 17, 2017
Great environment with a positive energy. Great place for young adults entering the workplace. Fast paced selling culture as well as truly connecting with your guest to understand their needs builds not only positive experiences but friendships. Management handled any situations that arose quickly and efficiently. Was overall a positive place to work.
Pros
Positive work environment, friendly, good management
Cons
Short breaks, drastically variable hours
5 estrellas
Sales & suport generalist / limpieza (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 17, 2017
La mejor trabajo con entusiasmo y con ganas
De seguí elaborando estoy satisfecha y mi trabajo es procesar y ornenar limpiar .
Trabajo con grupos de personas que entendemos el trabajar en equipo.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2017
This job was a great place to start off in retail. You have a great opportunity to move up in the company and the best part is they typically hire within the company. Overall good experience
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, promotion opportunity
Sounds fabulous. But its not
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 17, 2017
If you'd like to be stressed out and scolded for a solid 8 hours. This is the place.
Headset pieces are management and every other Person in the store trying to talk at once while you try talking to a customer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.