Victoria College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 12, 2017
It was a good learning experience being a professor. It helped me develop presentation skills. The management staff at Victoria College is very helpful in every way imaginable.
adjunct instructor ADN
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 8, 2017
you have to love to teach to work here, teaching is not easy especially teaching within a nursing program. however it is very rewarding!! great staff who also love to teach, great college. positions are readily available!!
Another excellent Allied Health training and education institution
VOCATIONAL NURSING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, TXAugust 7, 2017
Community college that provides the very best nursing and Allied Health education to students. Holds high levels of academic achievement and professionalism.
Pros
Supportive administration, excellent benefits
Cons
Heavy work load
Working atmosphere is fun
Printing and Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 19, 2017
I mean the working space is pretty big, and people work here are also friendly as well. However, there is not much going on besides all the tasks that need to be completed.
Academic Foundations Instructor at Victoria College
Adjunct Instructor of English (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 10, 2017
The instructors worked one-on-one with students who needed remediation in reading, writing and math. All were good instructors and worked well handing off students to each other. Sometimes the communication with policy makers was inefficient. However, it is rewarding to help students who are willing to work at their goals.
Pros
Teachable Students
Cons
no benefits
Poor management
Workforce Education Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, texasJune 9, 2017
Not much chance for advancement. Management is poor and not conducive to the growth of their employees. Work environment is very hostile from the management.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Small classes with high expectations
College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 5, 2017
Victoria College has a wonderful environment. It has been a great place to work and other have been very friendly. I enjoy working with the students. I usually have 25-30 students in a class, which assists in a better learning environment.
This is a college
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I attended Victoria College and studied to get my Associates of Science degree. I have not yet completed my degree due to financial difficulty and the inability to afford college tuition at this time.
Awesome place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 15, 2016
This community college has a small town field and they are an all-around great establishment to work for. Management is very knowledgeable. You feel like you are contributing to the whole college.
Pros
Pay fair, benefits, people
Excellent
VN Instructor (Current Employee) –  2200 E. Red RiverDecember 14, 2016
Excellent place to work, fabulous benefits!! Also, it's a great college. I've been working there for 5 years and I absolutely love it. I would definitely recommend Victoria College as a place of employment or to advance your education.
Fun workplace
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 14, 2016
Great place to work for students. Mangers allow students to work on their coursework during downtime. Opportunity to help other students with their coursework.
Good college to help anyone get going and make a future
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, TXOctober 18, 2016
After being a student worker and going to school, I have personally love this college, good teachers and staff. Everyday at work is amazing. I have learned to operated many science/medical machines. My boss always encouraged me to work hard as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone coming in through that door was set and ready for the future, but it was also my favorite part about the job as well. To make sure that they are set and ready for the future to come.
Organized, productive, and enjoyable place to work
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 1, 2016
Working in this this place for couple years has broaden my connection, my communication skill, and has developed my confidence.
Good environment to grow
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 15, 2015
The majority of interactions and support I received felt like that of a small company, even know there are hundreds of employees I got to where I knew everybody and everyone worked together to accomplish a wide variety of things. It never ceased to amaze me how so many people with so many different skills could operate so well as a unit.
Great Company
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 31, 2015
Very supportive staff to help you in any way you need. The students that I work with are an amazing group of people. I learned how to use different techniques of learning with different students.
Pros
Works around my schedule
Cons
No benefits for the tutors due to limited hours working
A rewarding experience
Developmental English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 6, 2015
While attending Victoria College I worked in the English Tutoring Center, primarily with developmental English students. These were students who had not passed the English Language portion of the state proficiency exam, generally re-entry and ESL students. They were therefor required to pass two developmental English courses, which included mandatory tutoring hours, in order to move on to credited college English courses.
I very much enjoyed helping these hard working and dedicated students, many of whom had overcome much just to be there. It was an extremely rewarding experience.
Pros
Helping hard working, dedicated students achieve their education goals.
Great education environment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXOctober 14, 2014
Educational environment, provides areas and encourages personal and professional advancement. Flexible hours, provides educational supplies for instructors.
Pros
Flexible hours, ablility to work without constant supervision
Cons
Pay not comiserable with amount of time needed for preparing and presenting theory, skills and observation.
Helping Others to Realize Their Dreams
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TxJuly 11, 2014
This is a wonderful institution. It is an amazing opporunity to find ways to help students realize their dreams. I was a student here many years ago and now I am back as an adjunct.

My department is well organized and the department head is an amazing resource.
Pros
Staff and Students
Cons
Class Availability to Instruct
great environment
Student-worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 3, 2014
I loved the interactions that I had received as working at this institution. While helping out others, I was able to get a group of students together and run a small classroom in another room. I understood that different people learn different ways and I was able to teach the same information that the professor had taught to the rest of the students in a way that they were able to do their homework and tests on their own.
Pros
helping others
Cons
no set schedule
Student View
Student (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 22, 2013
This is a great college to get experience in electronics and instrumentation for an applicable career path.