Victoria College

Victoria College Employer Reviews

Helping Others to Realize Their Dreams
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Victoria, TxJuly 11, 2014
Pros: staff and students
Cons: class availability to instruct
This is a wonderful institution. It is an amazing opporunity to find ways to help students realize their dreams. I was a student here many years ago and now I am back as an adjunct.

My department is well organized and the department head is an amazing resource.
great environment
Student-worker (Former Employee), Victoria, TXJune 3, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: no set schedule
I loved the interactions that I had received as working at this institution. While helping out others, I was able to get a group of students together and run a small classroom in another room. I understood that different people learn different ways and I was able to teach the same information that the professor had taught to the rest of the students in a way that they were able to do their homework and tests on their own.
Student View
Student (Former Employee), Victoria, TXAugust 22, 2013
This is a great college to get experience in electronics and instrumentation for an applicable career path.
Different approach for customer service
Admissions Generalist (Current Employee), Victoria, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: environment
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a student appreciates your help. I feel useful, the student's face of grace, tells it all. I love working with people. I really enjoy helping others.
Learning
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), Victoria, TXJune 22, 2012
I was taking classes for general education. It was challenging since I haven't been in school for a long time.
Worked in Higher Education
Nursing Program Secretary (Former Employee), Victoria, TexasApril 29, 2012
I was the Program Secretary for 18 plus faculty, 200 students and numerous applicants; heavy telephone and customer service contact; typing; keep track of grades; health records; ranking students for admissions 3 times a year; counseled with each student prior to admission.

I learned that each day is new day and and got up each morning and went to work because of my students.

I was not in a management position.

I am very much of a team player / worker, but I also can work alone.

The hardest part of my position was when there was a failure of a course and see the student not able to continue to the next semester.

I loved my job and every day was a new day. I loved helping the students achieve their dream of becoming a nurse; working with the applicants from the time they walked into my office fresh out of high school or when they would bring me their smile and letting me know they passed their GED, upto to the night they graduated from nursing school. I was just a proud as their family members.
More about administration than teaching
Professor (Former Employee), Victoria, TXApril 17, 2012
If you like paperwork, meetings, and committees, VC is the place for you.