Victoria College Employee Reviews

Good college to help anyone get going and make a future
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, TXOctober 18, 2016
After being a student worker and going to school, I have personally love this college, good teachers and staff. Everyday at work is amazing. I have learned to operated many science/medical machines. My boss always encouraged me to work hard as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone coming in through that door was set and ready for the future, but it was also my favorite part about the job as well. To make sure that they are set and ready for the future to come.
Organized, productive, and enjoyable place to work
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 1, 2016
Working in this this place for couple years has broaden my connection, my communication skill, and has developed my confidence.
Good environment to grow
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 15, 2015
The majority of interactions and support I received felt like that of a small company, even know there are hundreds of employees I got to where I knew everybody and everyone worked together to accomplish a wide variety of things. It never ceased to amaze me how so many people with so many different skills could operate so well as a unit.
A rewarding experience
Developmental English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 6, 2015
While attending Victoria College I worked in the English Tutoring Center, primarily with developmental English students. These were students who had not passed the English Language portion of the state proficiency exam, generally re-entry and ESL students. They were therefor required to pass two developmental English courses, which included mandatory tutoring hours, in order to move on to credited college English courses.
I very much enjoyed helping these hard working and dedicated students, many of whom had overcome much just to be there. It was an extremely rewarding experience.
Pros
Helping hard working, dedicated students achieve their education goals.
Great Company
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 31, 2015
Very supportive staff to help you in any way you need. The students that I work with are an amazing group of people. I learned how to use different techniques of learning with different students.
Pros
Works around my schedule
Cons
No benefits for the tutors due to limited hours working
great environment
Student-worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 3, 2014
I loved the interactions that I had received as working at this institution. While helping out others, I was able to get a group of students together and run a small classroom in another room. I understood that different people learn different ways and I was able to teach the same information that the professor had taught to the rest of the students in a way that they were able to do their homework and tests on their own.
Pros
helping others
Cons
no set schedule
Great education environment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXOctober 14, 2014
Educational environment, provides areas and encourages personal and professional advancement. Flexible hours, provides educational supplies for instructors.
Pros
Flexible hours, ablility to work without constant supervision
Cons
Pay not comiserable with amount of time needed for preparing and presenting theory, skills and observation.
Helping Others to Realize Their Dreams
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TxJuly 11, 2014
This is a wonderful institution. It is an amazing opporunity to find ways to help students realize their dreams. I was a student here many years ago and now I am back as an adjunct.

My department is well organized and the department head is an amazing resource.
Pros
Staff and Students
Cons
Class Availability to Instruct
Different approach for customer service
Admissions Generalist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 2, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a student appreciates your help. I feel useful, the student's face of grace, tells it all. I love working with people. I really enjoy helping others.
Pros
schedule
Cons
environment
Worked in Higher Education
Nursing Program Secretary (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TexasApril 29, 2012
I was the Program Secretary for 18 plus faculty, 200 students and numerous applicants; heavy telephone and customer service contact; typing; keep track of grades; health records; ranking students for admissions 3 times a year; counseled with each student prior to admission.

I learned that each day is new day and and got up each morning and went to work because of my students.

I was not in a management position.

I am very much of a team player / worker, but I also can work alone.

The hardest part of my position was when there was a failure of a course and see the student not able to continue to the next semester.

I loved my job and every day was a new day. I loved helping the students achieve their dream of becoming a nurse; working with the applicants from the time they walked into my office fresh out of high school or when they would bring me their smile and letting me know they passed their GED, upto to the night they graduated from nursing school. I was just a proud as their family members.
Learning
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 22, 2012
I was taking classes for general education. It was challenging since I haven't been in school for a long time.
Student View
Student (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 22, 2013
This is a great college to get experience in electronics and instrumentation for an applicable career path.
More about administration than teaching
Professor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 17, 2012
If you like paperwork, meetings, and committees, VC is the place for you.