Victorinox Swiss Army Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Multi-Level Manager/Company Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 19, 2016
We spend a lot of time training and trying to make the work place cohesive. I spent several weeks each year training other team members and also going through the train the trainer program. A lot of commitment to the employees.
Best Place I've work so far
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2016
I really Love working for my boss which I believe is the most important part of showing up to work. The team I work with are probably the hardest working group I have met which motivates me to be better. The company is very transparent and keeps us abreast of all the changes and the goings on within the company.
Victorinox Swiss Army has given me the opportunity to exercise my experience and education as well as developed some key factors in my field.
Everyone will have something negative to say about their place of employment, but then why work there.. Victorinox is hands down the best place I have worked to date and I look forward to many more years here.
Pros
Full Autonomy on my role and confidence in my experience
Cons
The Office space is an open concept and can be TOO open sometimes..
Fun work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Very fun place to work for. Managers made it very easy to accomplish work/ achieve sales goals. Overall good place to work.
Good products, terrible mgmt
Corporate HQ staff (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTFebruary 24, 2016
The products are something to be proud of, the way the company is run is not. It's amazing some of the dinosaurs who are still there haven't run it into the ground yet. If you work in Monroe, be prepared for the most contentious and vicious office politics you have ever seen. Do not trust anyone! So glad I resigned and ended up at a real company.
Pros
Good products
Cons
bad people
My thoughts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 1, 2016
Working with this company showed me what I really need to look for which is , job security , honest co workers , hours and things to actually be able to use with everyday life , no busy work.
Something you might wanna reconsider
now hiring (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 26, 2016
It's easy to boss someone around and tell them what to do but hard enough if they don't respect you , once you start working there gonna act all nice and smile in your wanting you to be an success , but few weeks later there gonna show there true colors , it's just the management , the co-workers are okay and work as team but after all its competitons to who makes first in sales associates ranking no one can be trusted be aware of your surroundings . The only thing good is the people meaning co workers there okay bonus it's not even much but whatever not only that they except you to sell 5,000.00 in a day like people got that kind of money they need to be more understanding and find ways to increase there sales at times at when the holidays are over now we are fighting for bonus
Pros
Bonus, high end professional area
Cons
Short hours, traffic
tough but rewarding
Director of Global Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2015
I have been at Victorinox for over 5 years and although it is a tough company to work for since it's brand recognition in the US specifically is low it's amazingly rewarding. There is always room for growth and improvement and leadership looks to it's teams for ideas and problem solving. Every person at every level is involved making a very vested community of employees who are all seeking the same thing - ultimate success for the brand. In my time with the company I have been promoted 3 times and each time I have been given new and excited challenges to help move the needle for marketing. It is so nice to work for a company where you actually see your ideas come to fruition and are appreciated by senior leadership!
Stay Away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 12, 2015
This company is great for the product but to work here is a joke u can give them the world its never enough. Its really sad cause the company has so much potential and corparate doesn't do anything to help. They have a employee handbook but follows selective stuff which is very sad.
Pros
The product
Fun workplace
Sales Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTOctober 3, 2015
There company offers great benefits. It offers a good work to life balance and one of its many perks is working the warehouse sale
Unprofessional
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdales 7th FloorMay 19, 2015
I was all for this company. However they are very unorganized and very unprofessional. I was expected to sell luggage which was great interesting to learn, however they wanted me to sell more than they would generally sell in a day. Their product is not as great as it proclaims to be. I was also shorted wages which I have still yet to receive. HR manager has been staying they are sending me the money owed for three weeks now... I would not recommend anyone working for this company.
Cons
Unprofessional
OK company with great products.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTOctober 28, 2014
People love the products made by this company. Who doesn't like the Swiss Army Knife really?
Lots of good people working there.
The company needs to expand and diversify to survive. It is proving challenging to do because too many executives in different geographies are calling the shots.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
company expansion proving challenging
Great work place, very friendly enviorment
Sales specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
The store has an amazing layout, from the time pieces to the apparel, the great thing about working for this company is the wide range of product and because of that you always have something new to learn about which is great because, the traffic is not vey high as suppose to other stores, most of the Victorinox clientele know about the store and walk in with a purpose to buy something or a very specific item, the most popular items are their Swiss army knifes and luggage. A lot of the customers are tourist which is great because you get to meet and interact with different people from all over mostly Europe, And Brazil. The staff are all very helpful and, for the most part everyone gets along. the best part of the job for me was interacting with all of the different customers and their journey, and learning about the products.
Pros
freiendly enviorment
Cons
slow moving traffic. or barely any.
Great Company with horrible Supervisors!
Order picker/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTJune 16, 2014
What else can I say about this employer?...NOT MUCH MORE!
I enjoyed working alone and doing my job but could not stand the way curtain supervisors reacted to curtain situations. I lost my job because one of these supervisors was an instigator and caused trouble for me. Overall, Victorinox was a great company with horrible management!
Pros
working alone, climate controlled environment, pay
Cons
unknowledgable supervisors, snooty employees, backstabbers!
you never know what the next day will bring
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2014
the best part of retail is no two days are ever quite the same and w/ Victorinox Retail, I can safely say this is absolutely rule number 1 - you must be prepared to roll with the punches
Corporate casual attire.
Customer Support - Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTFebruary 1, 2014
Many diverse collegues to work with.
Fun group of co-workers and they are a delight to be around.
Poor and frustrating upper management
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Co-workers were mostly pleasant to work with, but upper management out of the store would make promises of promotions and always put off talking with employees or find excuses to beat around their promises. Generally they seemed like they did not know how to run the company properly.
Solid place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTDecember 4, 2013
Very stable privately owned atmosphere. Compensation is a little low on average.
everybody loves to have fun and enjoy work as much as possible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 10, 2013
Everybody loves socializing and meeting new people everyday. I have learned there are so many people out there in the world that a person has to deal with on a daily basis because it is your job. Everybody has to work as a team between management, co-workers in store and in the company no matter how rare you may get to meet them. The hardest part of the job is the retail norm which is the hours on weekends, but the best is that I love meeting various types of people throughout my work day and I can share information about myself and discuss different things with many.
Great place to grow
Freelance E-Commerce Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTAugust 28, 2013
Great place to adavance in your career. They give you the tools to really advance in your desired position, as well as identify other areas you normally wouldnt think of.
Everything is based on politics
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJuly 16, 2013
If you are not a "favorite" to one of the managers, get ready to be disrespected, ignored and feel very little. If someone wants you to do something for them, they will be nice for the time being. If you refuse they continue to go about their everyday rude ways. The co-workers are okay, but they cannot be trusted if they are trying to make it to the top.
Pros
if you make your goal, you are given a bonus
Cons
the goals are set ridiculously high. in two years, only one person reached it, once

2.8