Victory Brewing Company Employee Reviews

Extemely inept managment
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Downingtown PASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: none. whatever perks you got working there were quickly overshadowed by the poor management
Cons: working for children who are promoted into positions they had no business even getting an interview, let alone being hired for
The funny thing about Victory is everyone thinks it would be the greatest place ever to work. And what you find out after a few months is that they are so top heavy with unqualified, incompetent child managers that anyone who is a decent, hard working person that wants to see the job done right is going to be shown the door eventually.
I can personally attest to these facts and have no fear of writing them here. I saw dock plates in the warehouse that would malfunction repeatedly while being told by the director of distribution to ignore it. I saw a warehouse rack collapse 3 times during the 4 – more... years I worked there. I saw trucks that were backed in to the dock get shoved forward when being loaded because Victory would not buy wheel chocks. I submitted a list of about 30 improvements that needed to be made in the warehouse and distribution area to do our job safer and was told by the 24 year old boy manager who was in way over his head that my ideas were worthless and the cost was not worth implementing.
My personal favorite was being asked repeatedly to take out the truck overweight. His reasoning was it was done in the past, there's no reason not to continue it in the future. His official stance and I was told this word for word - the overweight fine was less than the additional cost to ship extra product. I repeatedly told him I refuse to drive the truck overweight which led to him becoming very petty with me and looking for any reason to let me go.
Now lets get to wages. Victory didn't pay anyone hourly in the warehouse; everyone was salary. Of course, you can work 50, 60 hours a week and as a salaried professional you would think you would get the courtesy of being allowed to maybe leave early some time if your work was done but that was never the case. Personally, Victory owes me almost 25000 in unpaid overtime over 4 years. It was my boy managers feeling that I could put in 40 hours by Wednesday evening but it was still necessary for me to work full days Thursday and Friday even if nothing was planned for me because we're all salary and that's what is expected of us. Except that courtesy was never extended in your favor. When I would ask him to get involved with some of the places I delivered to that would sit on me for hours before unloading he would claim that there was nothing he could do about it. So it was ok to waste hours of my time but not ok to have that time returned to me.
I can tell you this. If you are thinking that Victory is so great, I would be so lucky to have a job there, believe me and anyone else that has posted on here about the work environment. Ownership is a bunch of skunks that could care less about their workforce or their community. Those two enjoy such a reputation as being Democratic and revolutionary in today's world and stewards of the environment. Trust me, there is nothing further from the truth. They are big businessmen just like any other who are only interested in the bottom line. You would be a fool to take a job with Victory. Save yourself the feeling of looking back a few years from now and wishing you had made a better choice. – less
Large craft brewery creating nationally renown beer.
Prodution Brewer (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAMay 19, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to create world class beer
Cons: very challenging hours and shift rotations
As a brewer at Victory I was responsible for all operations of the 50 barrel brewhouse in the Downingtown, PA facility. I learned more than I ever thought possible during my three years with the company and had the opportunity to work daily with some of the best brewers in the country. I will miss many of the people within that brewery but life dictates I must move on. I am relocating to my home state of Connecticut to be with my girlfriend and closer to family.
Great people, tough environment
Distribution (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Other reviews say it all.

Cool people.

Low pay.

Inept management.

Favoritism.
Inept Management
Mechanic (Former Employee), Downingtown, PADecember 15, 2013
Pros: discounts and free beer
Cons: inept and stress inducing management
Good coworkers but top heavy and inept management team. Bottom line oriented. Need to hire industry professionals rather than desired personalities.

This is generally unsafe job. Do not get injured here. Bad track record of terminating injured employees.

Best part is getting a beer at the end of the end of the day. This has created some prevalent alcohol related problems.
Welcome to the Meat Grinder
Brewery Mechanic (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: free beer (off the clock)
Cons: benefits, management, food at the restaurant, owners, parking, operational logistics
The brewer's call Victory, brewer's training camp. You will do everything that has to do with beer production and get paid terrible doing it. Long hours, dangerous equipment that is maintained by a sub-par maintenance staff. Numerous un-safe conditions exsist with-in the old and new facilities because everyone is rushed to "just get it done." Don't expect o work there too long. They pay terrible, I was paid $13 an hour to basically run the maintenance shop. Even though management and the owners are aware of the safety hazards, they will still fire you for getting a paper cut because they don't want to spend the money on workman's comp. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving. The brewer's are a great group of hard working individuals, but the management and owner's are a fricking joke. Management = free beer, that's all they care about. They don't care about the employee. Stay away unless you want to get a boot camp like training session to move on to bigger and better things.
Great workplace while I was in highschool.
Hostess, Food Runner (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAJuly 10, 2013
All of the employees had fun and worked hard. we got the whole resteraunt stocked and ready in the morning. In the evening we had to get everything cleaned up in a timely fasion. The hardest part of the job was keeping your cool and working through the busy hours when we had 2 hour waits.
Amazing enviroment
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Downingtown, PANovember 29, 2012
The Victory Brewing staff are a fun, energetic and happy group of people to work with. The experience I had at Victory was fantastic.
Stress from Manager
Western Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), TexasJuly 26, 2012
It wasn't rocket science. Management tried to make it like it was.