Victory Packaging Employee Reviews in United States

Would not recomend
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDMarch 30, 2016
My mother taught me if I have nothing good to say, then the best thing to do is say nothing. The company is not very family friendly.
Pros
Cons
not family freindly
Fast paste and steadily
Cherry Picker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 30, 2015
Its one the best I had and fast paste environment and steadily as well. Obtaining team involving area typical minimum working independently but depending in what you do overall.
Keep looking over you shoulder
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2015
Management is finicky and makes decisions in a bubble. The actual work can be very fulfilling, but it is a competitive market and there is not much support for sales, i.e. training, materials, etc.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Reactionary
Productive and fun place to work.
Fullfilment Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJSeptember 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected of a big company.
Great work place great people.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver coloradoJune 15, 2015
A typical day would be to pull the orders to be delivered, load my guys up and get them ready for there day. After they are gone would do some inventory cycle counts adjustments and location movements. Unloading trucks receiving orders.
Pros
30 min lunch, overtime
Cons
Health care
Great place to work!!!
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 28, 2015
Great and fun place to work. Management was wonderful, you were allowed to operate with very little supervision as long as you did your job properly. Very friendly environment, were more like family than coworkers. The hardest part of the job was maintaining inventory accuracy for some customers, because of the complexity of their product mix. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between management and employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
complex demands of some customers
Nice place to work
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJApril 10, 2015
if you work you don't have anything to worry about. The ceo is a great and caring guy. Good benefits. A lot of overtime during busy season.
Pros
Healthcare
Contridictive environment, unethical management
Fulfillment Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2015
I was told to do one thing then my manager would say he never told what he said, but I had witnesses to the fact. He instructed me from the start to do unethical tasks which I felt were just masking issues which concerned customer owned products and the shipment of same. The weekend right before I was dismissed the inventory control supervisor from the Orlando office head up an annual physical inventory. At the end of the inventory we were over by $300,000 worth of customer product (USPS product). He reduced and covered up $286,000 worth of product then only reported an overage about $14,000; saying he couldn't report that much of a discretion. I have not conducted my facility's in an unethical manner before and I wasn't comfortable with the way I was asked to run this facility. For the record, I had been looking for a different job for five months prior to my dismissal. It was difficult because my typical workday was at least 12 hours and I had worked 85 in a week all as a salary employee.
Pros
Meet some good workers that I would hire in a minute.
Cons
Healthcare was great and you had to wait 3 years before you could get tution reimbrusement.
cdl trucker driver / delivery
driver (Current Employee) –  usaMarch 3, 2015
A typical day.

4am-6am start time. punch in( finger pad to prevent time theft) pretrip truck(newer units), do paperwork(computer in truck), hook to trailer, head out to first stop. deliveries anywhere between delaware and conneticut out to central pa and upstate ny. manhattan and 5 boros( box trucks ) victory mostly deals with uhuals and moving companies supplying them with boxes and supplies. They also have the united states postal services account and supply them with boxes as well. The customers are a variety of docks and liftgate deliveries. Some are very tight and hard on the drivers for them to get truck in safely. Work is moderatly physical as you have to use pallet jack to bring 1000 lb pallets into stores via liftgate. typical route has 3-13 stops. some 1 stop full loads. typical day is 5am-4pm. typical hours a week are 50-60. monday thru friday. sometimes saturdays are optional for over time. overtime after 40. they deduct for lunch. pay is hourly and slightly below average for the type of physical work involved.(17-22 dependant on tenure) bout 15 drivers 30 warehousers 10 office people. decent place. vacations benes 401k no sick pay. decent trucks and trailers. company makes alot of money. your going to work if you work here. not for the weak or lazy
Pros
plenty of overtime, parties, xmas bonus, giveaways, consistent schedule
Cons
physical, deliver to bad areas tight roads, customers
Great team members and a great atmosphere
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 3, 2014
A very busy office that where a lot of people shared responsibilities to get jobs done on schedule. I learned a lot about how to deal with customers in an effective manner and how to be professional with clients and co-workers. The management is very helpful and patient that trains all employees to be comfortable with their jobs. The hardest part of my job was that I was constantly multi-tasking and having to answer the phones (busy 5 line). It wasn't that I was multi tasking, it was that there were interruptions constantly throughout the day and having schedules to meet with A/R and A/P. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with and a lot of the customers were nice also.
Great Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2014
Work Day: I worked form 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. I handled a lot of phone inquiries, processed orders, Obtained quotes from outside vendors, routed corrugated cartons for production, quoted corrugated cartons for salesman, created production cards & expedited orders to ensure on time delivery of the product.

What I learned: Communication is important. When you work in a company, different people have different job functions. Some of your work may overlap, and no one wants to do the same work someone else did. That not an efficient way to use your time. You have to communicate with your coworkers, especially if you may overlap with clients.

Management: The company really seemed to care about their employees. They had employee an appreciation day, a Christmas party and other various events throughout the year.

Co-Workers: My co-workers were friendly and helpful

Hardest Part Of Job: The hardest part of my job was juggling the high volume of incoming calls while still taking care of the paperwork involved in processing orders, quoting and handling my other daily responsibilities.

Enjoyable Part Of Job: I really enjoyed my co-workers. Everyone really cared about each other and I considered them part of my extended family.
Pros
great, family oriented work environment
Love love
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2014
I love this company!! Very friendly but prompt on delivering product. Customer service is nice and helpful
a typical day at work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  coloradoJuly 17, 2014
robust computer system, poor management, lots of redundant internal processes
Pros
inside people
Cons
outside people
unstable company
Heavy Duty Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2014
you never know what will happen on a day too day work day at Victory
Pros
great job
Cons
poor leadership
I have much experience.
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  dallas txMarch 11, 2014
Typical work days includes my up-risen attitude, and respect for every co-worker, and then usually get right to work and stay open to learn and ways to accompolish my goals.Talk to the mananger about all that needs to be done, consult and strategize with my co-workers, there isnt thats really hard, because I usually smile and find away to stay up-beat with by thinking of success fo my project.
Pros
plenty of over time
Cons
short lunches
A family owned comapny that cares about there employees.
Victory Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Victory has a lot of really good people working for them. They are a company that gives there employees a good chance at moving up the ladder and advancing their career. They truly care about the employees and the work culture is entrepreneurial, which I like because I can make a difference in my department. They are a large family owned business, which is very unique these days.
Pros
great benefits, laid back work environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
no sick days
Fun work place and very good co-workers
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2013
Maintain and Grow 6.5 Million dollar National Account business.

I learned how to run multiple design projects for our largest accounts.

Strong Managment Group!

Very helpful and kind co-workers

Turning projects to keep up with redesigns.

My customers (Great People!!)
Pros
group lunch every month to keep us all on the same page.
great work. I say.
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2013
good work. nothing wrong or bad with it.. i learned how to use the forklift better i guess
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
cool place but workers are a bit sensitive towards others
Fork-Lift Driver/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 29, 2013
it was a job and only that !! this job isn't the best . its an okay place to work if your going to just put on head phones and drive fork trucks
Pros
rare
Cons
plenty
Very Productive and busy workplace with friendly faces
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy and non-stop. I've learned to keep everyone on target as a group leader, to make sure goals are met. Some co-workers are easier to work with than others. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you can laugh and joke with the people around you, so the days don't feel to dull and boring.
Pros
flexiability
Cons
health care to much

Victory Packaging Reviews by Location