Victory Packaging Employee Reviews

Great place to work!!!
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: complex demands of some customers
Great and fun place to work. Management was wonderful, you were allowed to operate with very little supervision as long as you did your job properly. Very friendly environment, were more like family than coworkers. The hardest part of the job was maintaining inventory accuracy for some customers, because of the complexity of their product mix. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between management and employees.
Nice place to work
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Dayton, NJApril 10, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: none
if you work you don't have anything to worry about. The ceo is a great and caring guy. Good benefits. A lot of overtime during busy season.
Contridictive environment, unethical management
Fulfillment Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Meet some good workers that I would hire in a minute.
Cons: Healthcare was great and you had to wait 3 years before you could get tution reimbrusement.
I was told to do one thing then my manager would say he never told what he said, but I had witnesses to the fact. He instructed me from the start to do unethical tasks which I felt were just masking issues which concerned customer owned products and the shipment of same. The weekend right before I was dismissed the inventory control supervisor from the Orlando office head up an annual physical inventory. At the end of the inventory we were over by $300,000 worth of customer product (USPS product). He reduced and covered up $286,000 worth of product then only reported an overage about $14,000; saying he couldn't report that much of a discretion. I have not conducted my facility's in an unethical manner before and I wasn't comfortable with the way I was asked to run this facility. For the record, I had been looking for a different job for five months prior to my dismissal. It was difficult because my typical workday was at least 12 hours and I had worked 85 in a week all as a salary employee.
cdl trucker driver / delivery
driver (Current Employee), usaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: plenty of overtime, parties, xmas bonus, giveaways, consistent schedule
Cons: physical, deliver to bad areas tight roads, customers
A typical day.

4am-6am start time. punch in( finger pad to prevent time theft) pretrip truck(newer units), do paperwork(computer in truck), hook to trailer, head out to first stop. deliveries anywhere between delaware and conneticut out to central pa and upstate ny. manhattan and 5 boros( box trucks ) victory mostly deals with uhuals and moving companies supplying them with boxes and supplies. They also have the united states postal services account and supply them with boxes as well. The customers are a variety of docks and liftgate deliveries. Some are very tight and hard on the drivers for them to get truck in safely. Work is moderatly physical as you have to use pallet jack to bring 1000 lb pallets into stores via liftgate. typical route has 3-13 stops. some 1 stop full loads. typical day is 5am-4pm. typical hours a week are 50-60. monday thru friday. sometimes saturdays are optional for over time. overtime after 40. they deduct for lunch. pay is hourly and slightly below average for the type of physical work involved.(17-22 dependant on tenure) bout 15 drivers 30 warehousers 10 office people. decent place. vacations benes 401k no sick pay. decent trucks and trailers. company makes alot of money. your going to work if you work here. not for the weak or lazy
Great team members and a great atmosphere
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 3, 2014
A very busy office that where a lot of people shared responsibilities to get jobs done on schedule. I learned a lot about how to deal with customers in an effective manner and how to be professional with clients and co-workers. The management is very helpful and patient that trains all employees to be comfortable with their jobs. The hardest part of my job was that I was constantly multi-tasking and having to answer the phones (busy 5 line). It wasn't that I was multi tasking, it was that there were interruptions constantly throughout the day and having schedules to meet with A/R and A/P. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with and a lot of the customers were nice also.
Great Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great, family oriented work environment
Work Day: I worked form 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. I handled a lot of phone inquiries, processed orders, Obtained quotes from outside vendors, routed corrugated cartons for production, quoted corrugated cartons for salesman, created production cards & expedited orders to ensure on time delivery of the product.

What I learned: Communication is important. When you work in a company, different people have different job functions. Some of your work may overlap, and no one wants to do the same work someone else did. That not an efficient way to use your time. You have to communicate with your coworkers, especially if you may overlap with clients.

Management: The company really seemed to care about their employees. They had employee an appreciation day, a Christmas party and other various events throughout the year.

Co-Workers: My co-workers were friendly and helpful

Hardest Part Of Job: The hardest part of my job was juggling the high volume of incoming calls while still taking care of the paperwork involved in processing orders, quoting and handling my other daily responsibilities.

Enjoyable Part Of Job: I really enjoyed my co-workers. Everyone really cared about each other and I considered them part of my extended family.
LOVE LOVE
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2014
I love this company!! Very friendly but prompt on delivering product. Customer service is nice and helpful
a typical day at work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), coloradoJuly 17, 2014
Pros: inside people
Cons: outside people
robust computer system, poor management, lots of redundant internal processes
unstable company
Heavy Duty Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: poor leadership
you never know what will happen on a day too day work day at Victory
I have much experience.
forklift driver (Former Employee), dallas txMarch 11, 2014
Pros: plenty of over time
Cons: short lunches
Typical work days includes my up-risen attitude, and respect for every co-worker, and then usually get right to work and stay open to learn and ways to accompolish my goals.Talk to the mananger about all that needs to be done, consult and strategize with my co-workers, there isnt thats really hard, because I usually smile and find away to stay up-beat with by thinking of success fo my project.
A family owned comapny that cares about there employees.
Victory Employee (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, laid back work environment, advancement opportunities
Cons: no sick days
Victory has a lot of really good people working for them. They are a company that gives there employees a good chance at moving up the ladder and advancing their career. They truly care about the employees and the work culture is entrepreneurial, which I like because I can make a difference in my department. They are a large family owned business, which is very unique these days.
Fun work place and very good co-workers
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: group lunch every month to keep us all on the same page.
Maintain and Grow 6.5 Million dollar National Account business.

I learned how to run multiple design projects for our largest accounts.

Strong Managment Group!

Very helpful and kind co-workers

Turning projects to keep up with redesigns.

My customers (Great People!!)
great work. I say.
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
good work. nothing wrong or bad with it.. i learned how to use the forklift better i guess
cool place but workers are a bit sensitive towards others
Fork-Lift Driver/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 29, 2013
Pros: rare
Cons: plenty
it was a job and only that !! this job isn't the best . its an okay place to work if your going to just put on head phones and drive fork trucks
Very Productive and busy workplace with friendly faces
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
Pros: flexiability
Cons: health care to much
A typical day at work is very busy and non-stop. I've learned to keep everyone on target as a group leader, to make sure goals are met. Some co-workers are easier to work with than others. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you can laugh and joke with the people around you, so the days don't feel to dull and boring.
Does not like to pay
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
This company brings in a lot of money annually with very large accounts, but yet refuses to pay their employees the type of money they deserve. This company is unprofessional and an unethical.
Not a place to work if you have a family
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), AtlantaMay 26, 2013
Extremely long hours...if you have a family this is not the place to work.
Bad management
Purchasing (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2013
Pros: co-workers were fine people.
Cons: no guidance from management and a flaky organization.
Victory Packaging is a lousy employer. Bad management that doesn't communicate well with employees. They are age discriminate. Inadequate computer training. All my co-workers no longer work there. I'd think twice about wanting to work for this outfit.
Good Company
Fork Lift Operator/ Shipping &Receiving (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: no advancement
The good was good. The employess were nice. They had nice parties for the holidays
good place
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: low wages
low wages to start but if you stick it out you can make some money
Headquarters