Victory Packaging Employee Reviews

Absolutely awesome place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2017
I absolutely enjoyed my short time at Victory Packaging. My time with them was cut short due to having to move out of state. But the time I did spend there was amazing. Good hours, GREAT pay, awesome people. I have nothing bad to say about the company or the employees working there.
Pros
Food truck
Operates on Fear and uses the At Will policy!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Lot of great talent yet too much backbiting and fear!!! Limited Team work between Corporate and Branch location.

One VP seems to get her way based on deception and intimidation!!!

Sales Sales Sales only folks rewarded

Violate many EEOC laws and HR knows it but again FEAR!!!

Diversity is just a conversation at the Senior and Director Level!!!!!

The fire individuals that speak up or disagree vocally.
Productive workplace, with a very laid back atmosphere
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2017
Most work days are always challenging, but fun at the same time. I work with a group of loving and dedicated individuals which makes the job that much better.
Very productive , good enviroment
Account Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Great opportunity for growth Communicates with team members and vendors to resolve disputes or concerns related to accounts payables. Tracks and resolves returned product issues for customers.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Health care
Good job, Great people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 16, 2016
I was on the production team and everyone in the warehouse were all good people, from my coworkers to the management team. Thee's a lot of hands that go into a finished product here and the team makes sure things run smoothly.
Victory was not so victorius
NETWORK/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 3, 2016
Box company, that never went public to help its employee with stock options. Always boasted that it would but never kept its word. Pay is very low and environment was mediocre.
Great Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAJuly 11, 2016
Was a great job.I enjoyed working with the company.I was good at my job as order picker/forklift operator.We worked long hours and it was steady work.I am no longer with the company because it was a temp position.I would gladly work there again
Pros
Good pay A lot of hours
Cons
Temp position
Would not recomend
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDMarch 30, 2016
My mother taught me if I have nothing good to say, then the best thing to do is say nothing. The company is not very family friendly.
Pros
Cons
not family freindly
Fast paste and steadily
Cherry Picker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 30, 2015
Its one the best I had and fast paste environment and steadily as well. Obtaining team involving area typical minimum working independently but depending in what you do overall.
Keep looking over you shoulder
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2015
Management is finicky and makes decisions in a bubble. The actual work can be very fulfilling, but it is a competitive market and there is not much support for sales, i.e. training, materials, etc.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Reactionary
Productive and fun place to work.
Fullfilment Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJSeptember 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected of a big company.
Great work place great people.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver coloradoJune 15, 2015
A typical day would be to pull the orders to be delivered, load my guys up and get them ready for there day. After they are gone would do some inventory cycle counts adjustments and location movements. Unloading trucks receiving orders.
Pros
30 min lunch, overtime
Cons
Health care
Great place to work!!!
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 28, 2015
Great and fun place to work. Management was wonderful, you were allowed to operate with very little supervision as long as you did your job properly. Very friendly environment, were more like family than coworkers. The hardest part of the job was maintaining inventory accuracy for some customers, because of the complexity of their product mix. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between management and employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
complex demands of some customers
Nice place to work
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJApril 10, 2015
if you work you don't have anything to worry about. The ceo is a great and caring guy. Good benefits. A lot of overtime during busy season.
Pros
Healthcare
Contridictive environment, unethical management
Fulfillment Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2015
I was told to do one thing then my manager would say he never told what he said, but I had witnesses to the fact. He instructed me from the start to do unethical tasks which I felt were just masking issues which concerned customer owned products and the shipment of same. The weekend right before I was dismissed the inventory control supervisor from the Orlando office head up an annual physical inventory. At the end of the inventory we were over by $300,000 worth of customer product (USPS product). He reduced and covered up $286,000 worth of product then only reported an overage about $14,000; saying he couldn't report that much of a discretion. I have not conducted my facility's in an unethical manner before and I wasn't comfortable with the way I was asked to run this facility. For the record, I had been looking for a different job for five months prior to my dismissal. It was difficult because my typical workday was at least 12 hours and I had worked 85 in a week all as a salary employee.
Pros
Meet some good workers that I would hire in a minute.
Cons
Healthcare was great and you had to wait 3 years before you could get tution reimbrusement.
cdl trucker driver / delivery
driver (Current Employee) –  usaMarch 3, 2015
A typical day.

4am-6am start time. punch in( finger pad to prevent time theft) pretrip truck(newer units), do paperwork(computer in truck), hook to trailer, head out to first stop. deliveries anywhere between delaware and conneticut out to central pa and upstate ny. manhattan and 5 boros( box trucks ) victory mostly deals with uhuals and moving companies supplying them with boxes and supplies. They also have the united states postal services account and supply them with boxes as well. The customers are a variety of docks and liftgate deliveries. Some are very tight and hard on the drivers for them to get truck in safely. Work is moderatly physical as you have to use pallet jack to bring 1000 lb pallets into stores via liftgate. typical route has 3-13 stops. some 1 stop full loads. typical day is 5am-4pm. typical hours a week are 50-60. monday thru friday. sometimes saturdays are optional for over time. overtime after 40. they deduct for lunch. pay is hourly and slightly below average for the type of physical work involved.(17-22 dependant on tenure) bout 15 drivers 30 warehousers 10 office people. decent place. vacations benes 401k no sick pay. decent trucks and trailers. company makes alot of money. your going to work if you work here. not for the weak or lazy
Pros
plenty of overtime, parties, xmas bonus, giveaways, consistent schedule
Cons
physical, deliver to bad areas tight roads, customers
Great team members and a great atmosphere
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 3, 2014
A very busy office that where a lot of people shared responsibilities to get jobs done on schedule. I learned a lot about how to deal with customers in an effective manner and how to be professional with clients and co-workers. The management is very helpful and patient that trains all employees to be comfortable with their jobs. The hardest part of my job was that I was constantly multi-tasking and having to answer the phones (busy 5 line). It wasn't that I was multi tasking, it was that there were interruptions constantly throughout the day and having schedules to meet with A/R and A/P. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with and a lot of the customers were nice also.
Great Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2014
Work Day: I worked form 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. I handled a lot of phone inquiries, processed orders, Obtained quotes from outside vendors, routed corrugated cartons for production, quoted corrugated cartons for salesman, created production cards & expedited orders to ensure on time delivery of the product.

What I learned: Communication is important. When you work in a company, different people have different job functions. Some of your work may overlap, and no one wants to do the same work someone else did. That not an efficient way to use your time. You have to communicate with your coworkers, especially if you may overlap with clients.

Management: The company really seemed to care about their employees. They had employee an appreciation day, a Christmas party and other various events throughout the year.

Co-Workers: My co-workers were friendly and helpful

Hardest Part Of Job: The hardest part of my job was juggling the high volume of incoming calls while still taking care of the paperwork involved in processing orders, quoting and handling my other daily responsibilities.

Enjoyable Part Of Job: I really enjoyed my co-workers. Everyone really cared about each other and I considered them part of my extended family.
Pros
Great, family oriented work environment
Love love
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2014
I love this company!! Very friendly but prompt on delivering product. Customer service is nice and helpful
a typical day at work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  coloradoJuly 17, 2014
robust computer system, poor management, lots of redundant internal processes
Pros
inside people
Cons
outside people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victory Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.

Victory Packaging Reviews by Location