Victory Programs

Victory Programs Employee Reviews

Always Learn Something New About the clients we served
Overnight House Manager (Current Employee), 22 windermere roadMarch 17, 2015
This is a company that is always there for its clients and employees every step of the way. They are very involved in all aspects of getting the clients all that they need to help them thru the recovery process.
Victory Programs INC
Substance Use Disorder Counselor (Current Employee), Dorchester, MaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: opportunity for growth.
Cons: low wages for the work some staff provide the clients.
The company cares for its clients and provide clinicians with an opportunity to develop their skills. The clinical mindedness of administrative staff are on track with the emerging needs of our clientelle.
Requires patience dealing with drug recovery
Substance Use Disorder Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: individual counseling as well as steady progress
Cons: must be patient dealing with individuals recovering from drug use
An environment of self reflection on the individual in the process of recovery
Short stay
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 18, 2014
negative, harsh, and not supportive to their staff. I would not want to go back.
A Day at Work
Women's Hope Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 13, 2013
A typical day would be very fast paced. Everyday, there was something new to learn and different people to meet and network with. Everyday interaction with different clientele facing similar situations. Facilitating group meetings. The coworkers were enjoyable to be around. Small staff everyone knew each other and communicated in a team effort to produce a comprehensive treatment plan for each individual client. The hardest part of the job was at any chance a client could choose to not want to continue on the road to recovery, it is your job to convince the client that being in the program was their best and safest option for them. Most clients would state they just needed to be encourage, I had a good success rate with installing encouragement and positive reinforcement so in the end clients most stayed. Most enjoyable part was there was something new everyday, it kept me on my feet, keep me busy and when clients graduated from the program it was a good feeling to see how much progress, confidence, and self worth they built up that they didn't have when they first entered the program and just to know you had something to do with helping them advance with support to the next stage in their life.
Supportive peers and management
Clinical Internship, Victory Programs, LARC (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 14, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay
I really enjoyed counseling individuals with substance abuse disorders.