Victory University Employee Reviews

I had a great experience at VU
Director of Online Academic and Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
A typical week usually included the direction of the daily planning, implementation, and management of the online student and academic support services; Oversaw online support functions, including academic advisement, online registration, student retention, transcript audit and analysis, course development, and placement assessment coordination. Supervised, motivated, coached, and evaluated employees and facilitated effective training programs to maximize team potential and productivity; planned and coordinated day-to-day workflow and delegated work assignments.

The work we did at VU was often times challenging. The people around us made it rewarding and overall I had a great experience there.
productive atmosphere
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2015
A typical day at Victory would be normal. what i learned office skills and identifying mistakes. Management was grear and my co workers were helpful and the hardest part about this job is making sure you dont make mistakes.
Adjunct Professor...
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2014
Victory is a great place to work. I interact with students daily and gain great insight from them.

The dean of the department is 2nd to none. Very helpful and easy to work with.

Hardest part of the job is that not everyone will pass my course. I can only help the students that want my help.

My students seem to enjoy the light heartedness of my course. I teach public speaking and that alone lends itself to anxiety. I try to take the edge off by making my class a more open environment where the students do not feel as intimidated.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and students.
Cons
Very sincere workers but highly stressful environment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2012
Because the university is a for-profit university there is a lot of pressure put on its workers to make a financial profit. The work environment is stressful. While it remains a Christian university in regards to its interpersonal interaction from staff to students and in its overall mission, the bottom line is enrolling students, keeping them enrolled as long as possible i.e. over the summer, and making financial ends meet. Because of these stressors it is difficult to focus on the heart and soul of meeting student needs. Very sad.
Pros
chapel sermons on wednesdays are great! sincere staff and faculty members.
Cons
financial pressure
Great start up education company. Excellent team environment
Academic Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2012
I was the first Enrollment Advisor hire, and helped the company have a successful first start date.

Made 100 cold calls a day off of lists provided by articulated community colleges.

Positive and encouraging atmosphere.

Learned to lead a team in a professional environment

Helped people realize their educational goals
Pros
healthcare, team environment, rewarding
Cons
upward mobility limited due to disorganization
Laid back, relaxing atmosphere.
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2012
I made outbound calls to students who were reaching the end of their associates degree. The hardest part of my job was to explain everything about Victory because a lot of people didn't know anything about the university. My co-workers were the best! What I loved most about my job was having the chance to talk to people and really listen to what they were wanting to get out of their future university.
Pros
hour lunch break
Great experience...but the school is closing
Exec Dir; VP for Acad Aff; VP of Div; Assoc Prof (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2014
Victory moved from being a non-profit institute of higher education, to a for-profit institution. The school is closing at the end of this semester (May 2, 2014) because of a lack of financial resources.
Pros
Teaching and helping students
Cons
Financial aid problems under Crichton (the previous name of this institute) and as Victory...
A Christian Liberal Arts University of Higher Education
Administrative Assistant- Office of Admissions (Current Employee) –  255 N Highland , Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2014
My first objective is to print all applications for admissions for software that has been submitted on online and distribute to enrollment advisers.Answer phone calls, receive transcripts and other incoming mail, data entry, mail out acceptance letters.
Learning Experience
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 8, 2013
I come in each morning to work on cash receipts reports by putting them on an excel spreadsheet, which then goes to our accounting department so they reconcile all the accounts. Then I work on student accounts reviewing them for a credit balance check, while assisting them at the window with any questions that they may have concerning their account. The management works with us in order to try to resolve any problem or concern that may arise. My co-workers are good to work with because we are all working toward a common goal. The hardest part of the job can be when there is an angry student because they can get other people who are in line with them to also become angry. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to help a student with a problem or issue they are having with their student account.
Pros
My co-workers and the knowledge gained.
Productive workplace with a basketball gym to play ball on breaks.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2015
We would prepare for upcoming school year as well as set up for events and anything else that needed to be done at the school.
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
The leadership of the University was excellent and the faculty and staff were good to work with. Unfortunately, the University had to close because of lack of funding.
nice and pleasant place to work
Educational Advancement Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2014
I had to recruit students from the school system to participate in the dual enrollment program. I also had to monitor the students and advise them in making pre college decisions.
Christian College
Director Career Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 27, 2014
Think Critically, Grow Spiritually, Change Our World. That was the mission statement before we announced we were closing for good. I like to think that at least the mission statement has had an impact on me.
FA Administrator
Financial Aid Administrator/ (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNJune 20, 2014
8 hour work day
learned exceptional oral and written communication skills
3 years management experience
Pros
learned exceptional custiomer service skills
Cons
policy and procedure deficient
Profession and Ethical Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TNNovember 19, 2013
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2014
Nothing to really say about working here. It was a permanently part time job to pay the bills. That's it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
School is currently closed
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2014
School is currently closed otherwise I would still be teaching there.
Former Enrollment Advisor (San Diego, CA)
College Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2014
This is Ashford University with a different name. Management and staff all former Ashford employees. You're paid ashford wages for doing much much more than ashford standards. Claims to be a university that holds christian integrity yet is just as unethical as Ashford. Most of management do not have a degree of their own yet talk down to the advisors that actually do have degrees. Like all jobs, you're promised the opportunity to "move-up" but you will be let down.

Favoritism is evident and be prepared to kiss up to management with a "whatever you say" attitude (even if its unethical).

To do a good job on retention you literally have to do the jobs of all other departments because when a student needs help with any of them, they will not answer the phone. If the student gets discouraged from another department not doing their job, and it will happen, it's on you and you'll be blamed.

This company is nothing more than a slime ball hiding behind a religious mask.

There's a reason their graduation and retention rate is pitiful. But hey don't take my word for it, check out the FAFSA page for their student statistics.
Pros
Stepping stone for building your skillsets
Cons
Ashford University Cons except pretending to be Christians
Great Place to Work
Coordinator of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2014
A typical day at work started at 8:30 am and ended at 6 sometimes 8 depending on special events. I learned the importance of listening to people in order to meet their needs. The management was really great but were consistently challenged by the executive team and board members resulting in new owners. They worked very hard at keeping themselves secure and focused on their task. My office staff were outstanding and we keep in touch on a regular basis because we were a family that endured together.

The most difficult part of the job was communication delays due to IT issues and software compatibility because of program changes. Transitioning to new software programs are always a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we worked together as a unit to service our students to get the job done. The university was a Christian Liberal Arts school which allowed us to sing and worship together weekly with our students as well as each other, which enhanced our service to the community, our students and to one another. As a result, I have grown in wisdom and knowledge and developed a love for serving others.
Pros
Travel and Training allowed, free parking, friendly staff, lots of fellowship
Cons
Victory University closed abruptly.
Worst place to work for
Enrollment Advisory (Former Employee) –  San Diego CAMay 20, 2013
I used to work for this company and I truly hate this place
First of all, an admissions counselor calls a new lead 5 times per day if not more. I do not know anyone whom likes to be called this many times within a 24hr period! Once a live person actually is reached, the job of an admissions counselor is to destroy the dream of the person on the phone by telling them they are worthless (in so many words) unless they choose a career path in which Victory offers. Management, Educators and Trainers of Victory look down at and make unnecessary comments about potential students. I would never want to attend a school in which I was looked down upon or stereo-typed. The entire company praises themselves by stating they and or the Admission Counselor are "Changing Life's". Manager will go around and celebrate an enrollment of a new student by stating "Let's give it for _ _ _ _ she/he changed a life today!". The only one whom can change a life is the student and God. The Ego's at Victory are large and unfortunately being educated does not make up for plain old common sense and actually having compassion for people; not by pretending to. The mentality is; the more education makes you superior to everyone else. What a arrogant way of thinking!
By the way, this is now the extension of Ashford because almost all former employees of Ashford are now working for Victory University.
Pros
Free coffee, water and tea
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victory University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6