Vidant Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed what I did but the people I worked with were awful. Always negative talking bad about everyone. They told my boss they felt offended by a picture I posted--it was my boyfriend wearing a vidant hat and he was smiling. Nothing wrong in the picture. He is African American so I'm assuming that's why they felt offended. Needless to say I'm very happy to no longer be working here!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Environment
Reliable employer
Senior Staff Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 10, 2015
Reliable employer, but not many promotion opportunities. Work life balance is good. Pay and benefits are reasonable.
Sodexo sucks
area tech (Current Employee) –  greenville NCApril 20, 2015
Sodexo is GARBAGE they want you do other peoples job plus yours because they won't hire anyone and nagg at you if you dont get i all done. When you are hired you get an 8 HR area and sometimes someone calls out, okay no problem but every other weekend they only have a handful of us here and expect the full crew's work.

I have worked here just under 2 years and i have had 9 different mangers. Its bad when you have to tell your boss were stuff is.

Its almost impossible to get a full time position, for as long as i have worked here i have been trying to get in a full time position so i cant recieve benefits. They put me as part time so i dont get sick, vaction time off. If i take a day off I get unexsued no pay ... I Get sick too!!!!

co workers are alright , you have to watch your back because alot will through you under the bus QUICK.

Now as far as raises go, I was just soo lucky to have started in a raise freeze soo i was locked in my pay for 1 year. When i got a raise every one did and it was $0.19 yeah you see that right 19 cent WOOHOO!!
Pros
work inside
Cons
managment
wouldn't recommend
Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2016
For this to be a hospital it sure doesn't feel like one. A place where everyone is supposed to work together and treat each other in a respectable way, but certain departments get looked down on especially if you're not a doctor or a nurse. We all play a vital role in helping the patients to get out of the hospital. Never have I worked in such a place where certain people think they're better than you all because of an education or job title. I just wish we could all collectively work together instead of saying "that's not my job". My department I work in makes it hard for their employees to move up. It's like they don't want to see anybody doing better than them. And don't go to your management for a problem you might have, they'll just act like they care and brush it under the rug. And don't let somebody complain on you they'll believe them before they believe you. They say they have your backs and take up for you but in reality they're just so scared of loosing their job that they'll do anything to just stay ahead. If you're not a doctor or a nurse your chances of moving up are slim to none. So before you accept a job here make sure it's what you want to do. Vidant Medical Center has got to do better.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Runnnn!!
Staff Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 19, 2015
very stressful work environment with caddy, mean individuals who spend the majority of their work day talking about each other and fake smiling
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
hostile work environment
Unsafe and understaffed
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 2, 2016
Coming into large facility like this, I thought it would be more up to date with medical practice and open to the new and now. I was so wrong. It's purely about keeping the budget and hiding screw ups!! I have met some pretty amazing people here that are amazing practitioners, but that is a small percentage compared to the dangerous and incompetent.
Black hole
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 10, 2016
Chance for promotion is pretty much non-existent unless you are a RN or part of the good old boys club. Management preachs, patient satisfaction but then does everything to make it impossible to make that happen.
Could go on but really no point in that. Good place to get initial experience but then move on to somewhere that will allow you to grow in your career.
VIDANT is a company that has continued to grow, one would have to be ready for change daily.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at Vidant Health starts off with opening the office and making sure everything is up and running for a great day!! The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my Administrator. He always has a open door policy and always willing to listen or guide you in any area.
Pros
Teaching Hospital / Teaching invironment
Cons
Team work is at a low point
Over worked and under paid
Clinical pathologist Lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 3, 2015
My job at Vidant Medical center was enjoyable but not fair by way the salary received. I think that for the amount of work we do we certainly deserve to be paid more. Now they have stopped paying us for holidays but still are not giving us any higher salaries.
Overall good place to work
Adult Clinical Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 25, 2016
Able to gain valuable experience from working in a large teaching hospital that is also a trauma center. Provides the ability to grow and also to teach residents and medical students, the instrumental way that dietitians have on the medical team.
Cold, fast paced, hectic
Physical Therapist Assistant student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 19, 2016
Vidant greenville wasn't a fit for them. I found it to be too large, too hectic and not personal enough, between staff and patients
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
no breaks
Great working environment but the people will get really jealous of you if they see you working hard and being a great employee!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  VidantOctober 29, 2015
Employee got me terminated for telling the manager I was sleeping on the job perhaps the co worker may have used her phone to video me. She was the one who was really sleeping on the job. She was promised more hours by the radiology manager so therefore she got her promise for filled when I was terminated.
Pros
Nice structure of the building
Cons
Very poor management
Team work among co-workers is excellent
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 4, 2014
I work in Palliative care which is a 18 bed unit. We have palliative/Hospice patients to overflow med-surg patients. We work 12 hr shifts. We have excellent team work and management. the hardest part of the job is geting close to a family and that loved one passes away. Even though it's better for that individual it's like losing a family member. We have wonderful pastoral service for families,patients and staff.
Pros
advancement, benefits
Cons
shifts are long and sometimes not enough patients to allow us to work
Excellent teamwork
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 21, 2015
I worked in a very fast paced unit with excellent coworkers and management. Everyday was a learning experience. My favorite part of the job was the patients and families I served. VMC served me well for 31 years. The hardest part of the job was parking and the best part of the job was taking care of the patients and families. I truly left a piece of my heart in a much loved unit.
Pros
Autonomy to exercise professional skills and processes
Cons
Frequent change in a large organization that effected others in not always positive manner.
fun everyday
AYRCook 1 (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 30, 2016
this was my second most liked job,the employees was very respectful at all time.all I can say are great things about the staff.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Weak management, treats employees mediocure, mandatory ovetime
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 17, 2015
Management not very strong, and does not support staff, mandatory overtime makes going to school difficult, especially if you work nights. Preferential treatment of day shift, and is never available for nightshift issues. Very wishy washy with promices made and will go back on their word.
Pros
Night shift staff is great to work woth
A supportive environment that enhances self performance
Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 7, 2014
Nurse on a med/surg floor for 12 hr shift. Active in unit meeting, learning opportunities. Floated to different floors when needed. Learned how to be comfortable and efficient in the hospital setting serving patients and families with a multidisciplinary approach to care. Great environment to work in with supportive management and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being challenged every minute to change care according to patient needs and status. Most enjoyable part is accomplishing that adaptation required to meet the ever changing needs in a medical setting.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, paid holidays
Cons
long shifts
Vidant Medical the place to be employed. Great pay, great management, and great opportunities to move forward.
Currently Carepartner/ pt advocate, Social Work (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 25, 2014
Vidant Medical is a great organlization. It offers great benefits, such as health and life insurances. Also offers continue education assistant program, if you want to move up in a higher position.Vidant employers shows compassion to the people they serve and to their employees.My job at Vidant has taugh me to be patient, caring and be respectful to others.My current position as a care partner, working with nurses, has taugh me to be an team player, working together to get the job accomplish, working together to meet the goal of the day. That is to take care of our patient and family to the best of our ability.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch break
Having company parties
Linen Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2015
A typical work day is delivering scrubs to the pixy machines fro surgery and delivery linen to hospital storage's.
I learned to stock my linen enough so that I only have to make one trip to a certain area a day.
Management was very understanding to my needs.
My co-workers were quiet.
The hardest part was another employee from the night before not doing their job and having to do theirs and mine.
The most enjoyable part was meeting doctors, RN's and patient's throughout the hospital.
Pros
Discounted meals, down time to do school work
Cons
Completing other employees unfinished work, short on linen
More Cons than Pros
Allied Health (Former Employee) –  GreenvilleOctober 6, 2012
The hospital itself is great although very strung out as far as distance. You will enjoy a large scope of practice and everything is protocol driven; however, the supervisors will micromanage you to death. Individuality is frowned upon. There is a greater than average amount of gossip and back stabbing. Parking is a nightmare with shuttle service. Benefits are average although they do have a clinic on site to treat workers. Alot of favoritism when granting time off.
Pros
excellent scope of practice, protocol driven
Cons
forced overtime, forced on call, micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.