Vidant Health Employee Reviews

Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 16, 2017
I worked at Vidant from 2008-2016 as a staff nurse, was signed in and relocated from NY with 2 years of experience.Started with a basic salary of 21.83/hr and by the time I left, I was getting 24.86/hr(with 10 yrs of experience!) Well I know I did not venture into nursing for money but when I expanded my options to the triangle area, my base pay increased by $10, which was a great deal.From hearsay, am told this has since somehow been fixed.
I got to give credit where it belongs,I have since worked for UNC/DUKE/WAKEMED intensive care units and I value the experience I got from Vidant.I must say Vidant provides top notch service,the place I will want to go if myself or family member was sick.Great place to work,awesome co-workers but I can't speak about management.
Pros
Great coworkers, unrivaled experience
Cons
management, poor pay
Worst Place Ever!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 1, 2016
Poor management, slack HR department...they promote people who've been doing the work for 30 years but don't have a clue how to manage people. Concern for work/life balance is for the marketing materials only...management doesn't really care.

HR dept is on the side of management and offers no support for employees. They prefer to side with bad managers rather than admit they made poor leadership choices.
Pros
Cons
Extremely bad management, terrible HR department
Beware
RRT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 14, 2016
I worked at this institution for 10 years, going straight out of school and got some of the best experience of my career here!! Vidant is on the cutting edge of clinical breakthroughs and has some of the best physicians and ancillary staff around HOWEVER management is terrible! There is absolutely no tolerance for a voice outside of their thoughts. There is no flexibility of schedule for family emergencies or needs and if you get on the "bad side" of the wrong person you can hang your career here up! The answer would seem to be to go to work and mind your own business and go home but unfortunately that isn't allowed either. They force you to get involved and then punish you for your involvement. The staff themselves are some of the best in the business and amazing at their jobs but as in most large corporations the job itself is ruined by the pencil pushers and desk jockeys. It's a complete shame because Vidant Greenville could be one of the best places to work in North Carolina.
Pros
Knowledgeable and self sufficient staff, amazing learning opportunities
Cons
Management, work schedule and lack of flexibility
Ok place
Reimbersement (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Be better if holiday pay was give back and sick time. People like to deligate work to get off of their desk. There isn't really anything enjoyable about my job. The people aren't very caring except the nurses but not so much management.
Pros
It's a job
Benefits
Case Management Assistant (Temp)
Case Management Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 25, 2017
• Under the direction of the Administrator Case Management assisted with completing tasks necessary to facilitate patient and family access to agencies, transportation, and services within and beyond acute care;
• Responsible for distributing the Medicare Notice of Discharge to identified patients;
• Educating patients about the appeal process related to their discharge via IMM’s;
Plenty of work in my particular office. I love to be busy
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 15, 2016
Very "clickish" atmosphere which will continue to be in my office environment. I enjoy my job, but wish to enjoy where I work, also. A lot of turnover.
Pros
Benefits, good work hours, free to make appointments and keep them
Cons
Work enviromnent has turned mechanical. Can't talk or walk around the office. Being micromanaged.
Big City Hospital in Rural Setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Top notch healthcare professionals equaled by only a few hospitals. The hospital grew very fast and processes along with culture struggled to keep up.
Pros
Talent
Cons
Too big
typical work day
Client Tech App Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 4, 2016
Very challenging, with the ability to work with great technology and people.
Unbelievable willingness to train and management really wants to provide everyone the same opportunity.
Pros
great technology
Cons
not enough hours in the day.
Awesome Job!
Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 10, 2017
I loved this job and also helping the patients smile. Workers worked together and on a typical day was good and management made sure workers were taken care of.
This is a good company.
Area Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoy working in the Wellness Center. I meet new members on a daily basis. They are so sweet. I love my co-workers. We all work as a team. Working as team is what companies need to succeed. Management gives us respect and the team respects management. We are not treated unfair being that we are below management and that makes a world of difference.
Black hole
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 10, 2016
Chance for promotion is pretty much non-existent unless you are a RN or part of the good old boys club. Management preachs, patient satisfaction but then does everything to make it impossible to make that happen.
Could go on but really no point in that. Good place to get initial experience but then move on to somewhere that will allow you to grow in your career.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 25, 2016
I like working at Vidant because it is very family oriented and they care about balancing work life with your everyday life at home.
Pros
na
Cons
na
wouldn't recommend
Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2016
For this to be a hospital it sure doesn't feel like one. A place where everyone is supposed to work together and treat each other in a respectable way, but certain departments get looked down on especially if you're not a doctor or a nurse. We all play a vital role in helping the patients to get out of the hospital. Never have I worked in such a place where certain people think they're better than you all because of an education or job title. I just wish we could all collectively work together instead of saying "that's not my job". My department I work in makes it hard for their employees to move up. It's like they don't want to see anybody doing better than them. And don't go to your management for a problem you might have, they'll just act like they care and brush it under the rug. And don't let somebody complain on you they'll believe them before they believe you. They say they have your backs and take up for you but in reality they're just so scared of loosing their job that they'll do anything to just stay ahead. If you're not a doctor or a nurse your chances of moving up are slim to none. So before you accept a job here make sure it's what you want to do. Vidant Medical Center has got to do better.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun & Supportive Environment
Credentialed Epic Trainer/Ambulatory Informatics (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 14, 2016
Very supportive workplace. The moral is awesome and the people are very easy to work with. A typical day is busy, I've learned a lot of workflows in regards to Billing.

The co-workers are very supportive and we have great interaction with each other. The most enjoyable part is being apart of the End User's success, that is very rewarding.
Great experience working with the patients
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 1, 2016
Working for Vidant Medical Center was rewarding. It has allowed me to realize my passion for healthcare and how I want to continue in this career. I decided to further my credentials in healthcare due to my experience working for Vidant.
Pros
It has allowed me to realize my passion in healthcare.
Cons
I wish I could have realized how much I love working in healthcare sooner.
Working with people is always enjoyable to me
patient excort/Transport (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work requires a lot of walking for starters. Vidant Health is huge and has a lot departments. I love helping people and taking patients to their appointments. I never found anything hard about the job, but I can say I meet several interesting people. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the patients are happy and satisfied.
Pros
free lunch passes or accounted
Cons
constant walking
Excellent
Patient Access Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I was only an intern but working here helped me earn my degree and it was a great hands-on learning experience. By interning here for a semester I was able to finish the criteria I needed for my degree and now have experience to put on a resume for clinical job positions.
Fun and caring workplace
Food Service Patient Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 18, 2016
A typical day at my job is wonderful. I love being able to help the patients by giving them their nutrient breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Meeting different people of all ages to me is a huge honor. Me and my co-worker must work together and make sure the patients have their meals according to their diets. The hardest thing about my job is building relationship with the patients and have them pass away. Since I am food services I'm not sure why they're in the hospital.
Treat you like you are children
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 16, 2016
Treated like children instead of adults. Ones that need supervision are overlooked & workload is placed on others in team. Management doesn't take responsibility, they are hardly ever available should you need advice or assistance.
Pros
Cons
Not allowed any breaks per management
Vidant Health
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at Vidant is great, awesome crew to work around. My manager is a great worker and knows how to care for employees as well as patients. My co-workers and I work very well together and made sure the job got done. While working at Vidant the hardest part of the job would be making sure that all information put into our system is correct due to a lot fraud.
Pros
Vacation Trips
Cons
Short lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.